Makati Hotels

Our Members Say

• nixca316 profile photo nixca316
  • Reviews: 278

A good walk-in place...: The Prince Plaza II Hotel

I don't know if I should put this on my off the beaten path list or hotel accomodations, but since it's a hotel, I'd rather place it here. Sometimes, when one gets too tired to go home and the traffic is horrific, it is best just to stay overnight...since you didn't plan it, you would choose a place that's clean, but is very, very affordable. It's a good thing to find this place.

Standard facilities:
Air-Conditioning Satellite TV Telephone
Minibar Hairdryer (On Request) Sitting Area

Standard Room:

Standard Rooms are 28-30 sqm and fitted with a queen sized bed only. 2 single beds are unavailable. Bathrooms have a shower only.

Superior Room:

Superior Rooms are 33-38 sqm and fitted with a queen sized bed only. 2 single beds are unavailable. Bathrooms have a shower only.

Deluxe Room:

Deluxe Rooms are 33-38 sqm, located on the higher floors. They are fitted with a queen sized bed only. 2 single beds are unavailable. Bathrooms have a shower only.

There are lots and lots of five star hotels in Makati City, but this is a three star hotel. It has standard rooms, superior rooms, de luxe rooms, a swimming pool and other facilities like the Old Manila Coffee Shop.

There are 130 rooms all in all.

Prices includes breakfast and taxes

hotel facilities : Air-Conditioned Rooms, Banquet & Conference Facilities, Business Services, Laundry Service , Safety Deposit Boxes, Car Park

leisure facilities : Swimming Pool , Gym, Sauna

family facilities: Children's Playground

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written February 6, 2007
Tip Photo

I took this picture just some days back

• LoriPori profile photo LoriPori
  • Reviews: 3200

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

PRINCE PLAZA II CONDOTEL: GREAT LOCATION

January 5 to 13 & January 19, 2012
We chose the PRINCE PLAZA II CONDOTEL because of its excellent location in the Greenbelt Area and because it is a condo, our room had a fridge.
The rooms though are in dire need of renovations. We stayed 8 nights and then again one night after our week in Boracay.
We booked through booking.com and paid $48.00 US per night plus 12% VAT + 10% service charges and + .75% city tax for a total of $59.04 US. They used the exchange rate of .44 or 2,596 Philippine Pesos.

Our room contained a fridge, one-burner stove, microwave oven, some dishes, a table with four chairs, one double bed, two-piece bathroom with shower, TV, computer desk.
In-room breakfast was included in the price and our usual order was pancakes, one egg, two-pieces of bacon, juice or coffee.
As I mentioned, the location was absolutely perfect for us - a five minute walk to the Ayala Museum and the Greenbelt Area, which is full of shops and restaurants.
I do have some complaints about the Hotel though, and I am not a picky person. I was not impressed with the front desk staff. They were not always friendly and courteous. The last night of our stay, we did not have any bath towels in our room, so I called front desk and requested some (4:00 p.m.). I asked again in person, before we went out for dinner (5:30 p.m.). When by 8:30 p.m. we still did not have any towels, I went down again to the front desk and complained. Finally got my towels - geesh!
The elevators would often close on you before you had a chance to get out - sensors were not working properly.
We wanted to store one piece of luggage there, as we were going to Boracay for six days and did not want to bring two big suitcases with us. (keep in mind we booked 9 nights here). They charged us 300 Pesos (about $7.00 US) for storage. Also when we checked in they wanted 1000 pesos cash for a deposit.
Internet service is available at 120 pesos for an hour and it was a very weak signal.
Air conditioner in our room was very noisy and didn't work properly.

• Written January 23, 2012

Prince Plaza II Condotel

• mavl profile photo mavl
  • Reviews: 78

ROMAN SUITES HOTEL: DECENT PLACE RIGHT ACROSS GREENBELT

very decent and reasonable place to stay in makati considering its excellent location.

(picture to follow)

right across the street from greenbelt mall, posh establishment with first class restaurants and shopping. an affordable place to stay right beside makati's high-end district.

arnaiz ave. is along a public transportation (jeepney) route.

• Written March 6, 2007

• mavl profile photo mavl
  • Reviews: 78

EL CIELITO INN: ANOTHER NICE INN NEAR GREENBELT

nice and well run 60-room place to stay with helpful staff.

(picture to follow)

just a five min walk away from high-end greenbelt mall, still very near the heart of the makati central business district.

arnaiz ave. is along a public transportation (jeepney) route.

• Written March 6, 2007

• i-s-a profile photo i-s-a
  • Reviews: 391

Makati Prime Tower Suites: Decent 3-Star Hotel

Finding a good 3 star hotel in Makati can be quite a pain. With a Php 2000 bdget per night, I have tried a few and so far this one is the most decent with regards to room cleanliness and staff service.

Note:
Please be careful with the toiletry base in the bathroom though. The glass base was placed just above the basin and I was very nervous whenever I used it. Very unsafe. I reported it to the front desk the last time I checked in but I don't know if they did something about it now. Better be forewarned than sorry.

Room Facilities:
- Dining facilities like cutlery, chinaware and glasses
- Cooking utensils and equipment such as stove, refrigirator and bread toaster
- IDD/NDD telephone
- Access to the internet
- Cable TV
- Mini bar

Hotel Facilities:
- Swimming pool (6th floor)
- Parking space
- Function room

Services:
- Secretarial (photocopy/facsimile) available at the Front Desk
- Foreign Currency Exchange
- Airport transportation and car rental service
- Laundry and pressing services

• i-s-a profile photo i-s-a
  • Reviews: 391

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Prince Plaza II: Oh not so good :0(

the service is regular...nothing special
the location is good...within walking distance to shopping malls
the room is big...pantry complete with kitchen utensils, private toilet/bath

FREE...cockroaches!!!
i've tried to transfer to another room but there are roaches there too.
would not check-in that hotel ever again :0(

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Women's Travel
  • Written February 7, 2007

room

• yellowbell profile photo yellowbell
  • Reviews: 327

Mandarin Oriental: Business Man's Hotel

Mandarin Oriental is a business man's hotel as executives and expatriates from corporate offices in Buendia (Sen Gil Puyat) Ave., Paseo de Roxas, and Ayala Ave., stay here. More often than not, these expats stay for several weeks and maybe months.

Captain's Bar has interesting lounge acts - classic singers, comedy bar acts.
Spa

Book this place during Chinese New Year and they have feng shui advisors and dragon dances.

It does not have a spacious lobby commonly found in 5-star hotels.

• Related to: Luxury Travel
  • Written November 7, 2006

• KookieDough profile photo KookieDough
  • Reviews: 126

City Garden Hotel Makati: A Pleasant Surprise

I was surprised that I got a nice enough room in this hotel. Nothing fancy about the interior design, but it is clean and medium-sized - not too small and not that spacious, either. The bathroom was also clean and well-maintained.

Would recommend this particularly to those travelling on a budget, whether for business or leisure.

Low price and good enough rooms

• Related to: Budget Travel, Business Travel
  • Written August 18, 2006

• barbie_sunrise profile photo barbie_sunrise
  • Reviews: 141

YMCA of Makati Inc.: cheap accomodation in Makati

The place is very near the business area in Makati. Standard room for 2pax cost Php 1100 and they have dorm type which is good for 6 pax cost Php 400/pax

just basic accomodation

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written March 9, 2013

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The Peninsula Manila: It's a Classic!

This hotel has been at the corner of Makati Avenue and at the stretch of Ayala Avenue. It's cascading water at the corner has been a mark for ages. They have remodelled that facade design last 2003 yet it still has the cooling effect when you see it

It's a classic! The design and sculptures makes you feel like in a castle of the classical times, where the king & queen, the princes and princesses dance in a ball. There is usually a piano playing at the lobby. You might see a glimpse of cinderella when she walks down the aisle... so just hang around.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Castles and Palaces, Luxury Travel
  • Written November 1, 2005

• airasia profile photo airasia
  • Reviews: 147

Heritage: A central hotel

Generally the Hotel is kinda 4 star type. Service are ok. The hotel enviroment are busy with lot people coming in & out here actually especially the locals for some particular reason.

The room are comfortably decorated with cool comfortable beds. The sheets are great. Rooms facilities are quite standard like air cond, water heaters, TV and internet access are avaiable. Most rooms are facing the city. Not a great sight though and can be pretty nosy in the early mornings. Just right infront of the hotel are a public stop for you to move around. Other than that the hotel it's alright. I would stay there again if I ever go Makati again.

• Written June 28, 2006

• KookieDough profile photo KookieDough
  • Reviews: 126

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Mandarin Oriental: The Best Business Hotel in Asia???

Before I got married, I liked the Mandarin for its good food and elegant surroundings. Aside from that, the company I was working for previously was associated with one of the services in this hotel. So I was quite familiar with the restaurants and other offerings here except for the rooms.

My husband and I decided to book a suite there for our wedding night. I had the impression that establishments which have titles such as best business hotel, etc. were at least efficient in service as they have to keep up with the crazy schedule and requirements of business people. Was so disappointed, though.

Check-in time, just like in most hotels around the globe, was at 2:00 pm. Other hotels even make the effort of letting you in your room a couple of hours before the check-in time, especially if you have booked a suite and they know you are celebrating a special day. Well, it was not so at the Mandarin. Our suite was not ready until past 4:00 pm. I still had to have my makeup and hairstyle done and the wedding was at 7:00 pm! The stylists were already waiting for about an hour!

I was a bride who was sitting pretty till the big day because all my wedding suppliers, from the caterer to the couturier, did their jobs well and on time. I just couldn't believe that the glitch would come from an established hotel like Mandarin.

Sure, they allowed us to check out at past 4:00 pm the next day. But I think they should have even given us a free extra night accommodation.

Of course, the room was great. I loved the clean and luxurious bathroom. But would I recommend this to anyone? There are other hotels with much better service in the Makati area. Try the Shangri-La, the Peninsula or New World Renaissance.

• Related to: Luxury Travel, Business Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written April 5, 2006

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Mandarin Oriental: excellent cuisine!

This hotel is inspired with Chinese ambiance. Though it is not that big, the lobby is not that enourmous, the hotel serves very good food. The service is friendly and fast.

Big appetite, try their buffet on special occations. Try their relaxing Spa too.

• Related to: Food and Dining, Spa and Resort, Architecture
  • Written November 2, 2005

• stamporama profile photo stamporama
  • Reviews: 208

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Makati Shangrila Hotel: Most luxurious hotel in Makati

Before I wrote this tip, I was puzzled why this hotel was not yet listed among the Makati hotel tips. Turns out it was listed under Manila, which is not really accurate. Anyway, since I reside in Makati, it would have been unusual for me to check in a hotel that's in my neighborhood. But since I got to stay for a night for FREE, hey who am I to complain?

The hotel is the most luxurious I've ever slept in. The rooms are designed primarily for the business traveler, not surprising as the hotel's in the heart of the country's financial capital. It provides a work desk with some office supplies, your own fax machine and internet cables. The closet has flashlight, umbrella, electric iron and ironing board, safe deposit box. The bathroom has a separate shower cubicle from the bathtub, bathrobes and lots of towels. My only complaint was the room's electric water kettle was busted as it couldn't boil water for my coffee.

As for their food, oh gee...I haven't come across a dish I didn't like.

Staff was great...in performance, attitude as well as looks.

The place is not cheap, but if you really want to know and experience a superb place with superb service, then this hotel in this part of the city is definitely well-recommended.

As mentioned, the hotel is right at the financial/commercial center of the country, which is also where many foreign embassies are located. On top of that, it lies next to fine shops, restos, bistros, etc.

• Related to: Luxury Travel, Business Travel
  • Written October 14, 2007

Front facade of hotel

The City Garden Hotel: A Cozy place to stay @ the City Garden Hotel

its a Hotel in a practical sense

they have non-smoking floors, a helipad, heated swimming pool and jacuzzi, roofdeck bar and grill, a health and fitness center, function rooms for business and social activities

• Related to: School Holidays, Business Travel, Budget Travel