Oxford Suites Makati

Business Travel Music
See Amenities

All good, except....

by written on October 27, 2014

Food was great, they change the buffet menu every day....and use dome imagination...as well as serving fresh eggs any way you want them including omelet.....rooms are clean, no bugs, and offer 2 double beds,,,American style! Only hotel in the entire area to do that...on the down side, Sunday morning at 9 am the doorman is holding open the door for hookers begging to use the CR (washroom). They are not just on the street as soon as you walk out the door, which is bad enough, 24/7, but the staff allow them onto the steps and into the building......totally unacceptable. In my country hookers go to jail site onseen. Immediately. yeh for Canada!

Oxford Suites in the Heart of Makati, Phillipines

by written on August 26, 2009

Our stay at the Oxford Suites in Makati was a comfortable and quite busy on the outside of the hotel.I would recommend it to anyone would is traveling on a budget and wants to save some money.Or I would recommend to couples or business people rather than families.The hotel service was always fast when I asked for something and they are friendly because they are always greeting me and smiling.One thing I wish they would do is change the buffet station more often because the food seems to be almost the same everyday.They should add different choices to the buffet to make it more tasty and appealing. Also they seemed to be lacking on amenities too because when I checked in there was only 1 shampoo,1 conditioner, and 1 toothbrush!Usually when I stay in a hotel they provide at least all or more amenities and 2 of each which is considered the standard compared to other hotels!And one improvement they could have made before I checked in was to have my safety box repaired until waiting to the last minute.I had to keep on bothering them to fix it until they actually fixed it!Also they could provide more dvd players so the rest of the guests would be able to watch movies in their room.Overall this hotel was average,but decent enough.It was not the same as it looks in the pictures.Such as the hotel lobby was smaller than I expected it to be.

Unique Quality: This hotel has a nice view of the Makati area of the Phillipines and is close to everything like shopping malls,etc.

yann.ng's Profile Photo

Where all the actions are

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 9, 2008

We booked 2 executives rooms for one night at the Oxford Suites. The rooms were very spacious, clean and comfortable for 2.

Basically, it was a sleepover before we caught our 9.20am flight to Puerto Princesa. Therefore we left the hotel at around 6am the following day to be in time for 2hrs in advance check-in. Upon knowing that we have to catch an early flight and before the restaurant is open for breakfast (at 6.30am), the hotel staff offered to have our breakfast packed by the time we check out.

I booked the rooms with Asiarooms.com and we had no problems checking-in, just that we did not get adjoining rooms as we requested for. One of our rooms was on the 11th storey, while the other on the 14th storey. The checkout was done within 10mins and I would like to compliment the hotel for packing us warm breakfast that my friends and i ate while waiting for our domestic flight.

Unique Quality: Neon lights and active night-life greets you once you step out of the hotel. For people who prefer a quieter hotel, you might find Oxford Suites unsuitable. I'm a pretty light-sleeper, but aft a day of travelling, i had no problems having a good sleep with the noise from the streets.

Directions: Oxford Suites Hotel in Manila is 30 minutes from the International Airport. It is in the central of business centres and nightlife in Makati district.

Travel2write's Profile Photo

Hotel in the worst location

by written on December 24, 2007

Yes, once again I have chosen one of te worst locations in the world for a vacation stop. Located on P burgos, where you are in the middle of all of the girly bar action. Great if your a dirty old man, bad if your here with the wife and family. We stayed on the 23rd floor, so street noise wasn't a concern, however the minor earthquake tremors scared the heck out of me. The building does a little sway back and forth when it happened.

Unique Quality: Room was dirty had cockroaches and we cut our stay here by two days because of it. Hotel elevator always took forever and shower water barely became warm. Surely there are better hotels and locations in Manila.
Hotel gives you small buisness cards with a map when you check in. Keep it on yu as none of the taxi drivers could find the hotel without it.

Directions: Oxford Suites Makati is located on P Burgos, which is in the heart of of all of the girly bars. If you don't mind seeing the dirty old men with there compainions the following morning in the lobby, then the Oxford is for you.

DJ_Rolo's Profile Photo

very nice rooms

by written on March 21, 2006

i didnt actually stay here, but i did take a tour of the rooms, just in case i stay here next time. The rooms look like they have just been renovated. The rooms here seemed very cozy and homely. They are average size and for the price are great. i believe the rates start at $45. There are a few different size rooms at different rates. The rooms i really like here is one of the suites. On one side of the hotel it is rounded and the rooms on this side take up the whole side. They go from one side of the hotel to the other. They also have full windows from the floor to the ceiling on the rounded part, so you basically have a 180 degree view of part of the city. Its a really spacious room. I think the rate was only $80.00 a night. This is the reason i would stay at this hotel. Other than this room, everything was ok. The lobby is a little small and i believe there is a cafe here.

Nearby Oxford Suites Makati

• Continental Breakfast
  • Shuttle Service
  • Bar / Lounge

Makati Travel Forum

Need advice about Makati, Philippines? Visit the Travel Forum for Makati and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Makati hotel reviews

Very Good (3.5 out of 5.0) 4 Reviews
Great Eastern Hotel
Very Good (3.5 out of 5.0) 1 Review

Explore Deeper into Makati
Upscale Japanese Ryotei Style Restaurant (1)
Japanese Pork Cutlets Chain now in the Philippines
Pan Asian Restaurant in Classy Hotel
Japanese Style Izakaya in Greenbelt
Italian Style Gelato in Greenbelt 5
Philippine Version of the Iconic IHOP
Lux Steakhouse Done the Italian Way
European Chic Wine Bar and Resto
Restaurants
Classic Italian, no fusion cuisine here!
Multi Food Stations
Spanish Tapas and Wine Store in One
Microbrewed beers and Italian Food
Greenbelt Branch of Popular Japanese Coffeehouse
Famous in Greenbelt 3
Restaurants
Seafood Galore plus some meat options
Classic American Place for Ribs and Steak
famous Italian Resto & Gelato in Powerplant Mall
Popular Korean Restaurant
Restaurants
Chinese Resto in Powerplant Mall (now closed)
French Macaroons, Light Meals, Pasta and More
Yummy Desserts and French Macaroons
Restaurants
Wagyu Steaks & Desserts all in One (2)
Restaurants
Wagyu Steaks & Desserts all in One (1)
Live Bands and Cocktail Hour Promos
Nightlife
Kapampangan Cuisine
Superb Japanese Restaurant in Greenbelt 2
sizzling japanese steaks
24 Hour Buffett in Dusit Hotel
Royal Japanese Resto of Dusit Hotel
Restaurants
Mediterrenean Food Mix (2)
Restaurants
Mediterranean Mix Cuisine (1)
Restaurants
Yogurt that tastes like Ice Cream (now closed)
Restaurants
Bacolod Style Food now in Makati (Now Closed)
Restaurants
Most Imitated Brand in the World!
Shopping