Durban corner P. Burgos Streets, Makati, Luzon, 1200, Philippines

Satisfaction Average

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 29% less than similarly rated 2 star hotels

• Oxford Suites in the Heart of Makati, Phillipines

Our stay at the Oxford Suites in Makati was a comfortable and quite busy on the outside of the hotel.I would recommend it to anyone would is traveling on a budget and wants to save some money.Or I would recommend to couples or business people rather than families.The hotel service was always fast when I asked for something and they are friendly because they are always greeting me and smiling.One thing I wish they would do is change the buffet station more often because the food seems to be almost the same everyday.They should add different choices to the buffet to make it more tasty and appealing. Also they seemed to be lacking on amenities too because when I checked in there was only 1 shampoo,1 conditioner, and 1 toothbrush!Usually when I stay in a hotel they provide at least all or more amenities and 2 of each which is considered the standard compared to other hotels!And one improvement they could have made before I checked in was to have my safety box repaired until waiting to the last minute.I had to keep on bothering them to fix it until they actually fixed it!Also they could provide more dvd players so the rest of the guests would be able to watch movies in their room.Overall this hotel was average,but decent enough.It was not the same as it looks in the pictures.Such as the hotel lobby was smaller than I expected it to be.

Unique Quality: This hotel has a nice view of the Makati area of the Phillipines and is close to everything like shopping malls,etc.

• yann.ng's Profile Photo

Where all the actions are

We booked 2 executives rooms for one night at the Oxford Suites. The rooms were very spacious, clean and comfortable for 2.

Basically, it was a sleepover before we caught our 9.20am flight to Puerto Princesa. Therefore we left the hotel at around 6am the following day to be in time for 2hrs in advance check-in. Upon knowing that we have to catch an early flight and before the restaurant is open for breakfast (at 6.30am), the hotel staff offered to have our breakfast packed by the time we check out.

I booked the rooms with Asiarooms.com and we had no problems checking-in, just that we did not get adjoining rooms as we requested for. One of our rooms was on the 11th storey, while the other on the 14th storey. The checkout was done within 10mins and I would like to compliment the hotel for packing us warm breakfast that my friends and i ate while waiting for our domestic flight.

Unique Quality: Neon lights and active night-life greets you once you step out of the hotel. For people who prefer a quieter hotel, you might find Oxford Suites unsuitable. I'm a pretty light-sleeper, but aft a day of travelling, i had no problems having a good sleep with the noise from the streets.

Directions: Oxford Suites Hotel in Manila is 30 minutes from the International Airport. It is in the central of business centres and nightlife in Makati district.

• Travel2write's Profile Photo

Hotel in the worst location

Yes, once again I have chosen one of te worst locations in the world for a vacation stop. Located on P burgos, where you are in the middle of all of the girly bar action. Great if your a dirty old man, bad if your here with the wife and family. We stayed on the 23rd floor, so street noise wasn't a concern, however the minor earthquake tremors scared the heck out of me. The building does a little sway back and forth when it happened.

Unique Quality: Room was dirty had cockroaches and we cut our stay here by two days because of it. Hotel elevator always took forever and shower water barely became warm. Surely there are better hotels and locations in Manila.
    Hotel gives you small buisness cards with a map when you check in. Keep it on yu as none of the taxi drivers could find the hotel without it.

Directions: Oxford Suites Makati is located on P Burgos, which is in the heart of of all of the girly bars. If you don't mind seeing the dirty old men with there compainions the following morning in the lobby, then the Oxford is for you.

• DJ_Rolo's Profile Photo

very nice rooms

i didnt actually stay here, but i did take a tour of the rooms, just in case i stay here next time. The rooms look like they have just been renovated. The rooms here seemed very cozy and homely. They are average size and for the price are great. i believe the rates start at $45. There are a few different size rooms at different rates. The rooms i really like here is one of the suites. On one side of the hotel it is rounded and the rooms on this side take up the whole side. They go from one side of the hotel to the other. They also have full windows from the floor to the ceiling on the rounded part, so you basically have a 180 degree view of part of the city. Its a really spacious room. I think the rate was only $80.00 a night. This is the reason i would stay at this hotel. Other than this room, everything was ok. The lobby is a little small and i believe there is a cafe here.

More about Oxford Suites Makati

place to stay

by aileenb_79

I'm looking for a nice place to stay in makati that's near by mandaluyong city, shopping malls, and the nightlife. A decent, secured place that has a reasonable price. Have you guys stayed in any of the following places:
Astor Hotel
Rockwell Hotel

Thanks ;-)

RE: place to stay

by scubaddict

all the places u mentioned are in makati but definitely not near mandaluyong city. considering the traffic and everything. there's a place in BONI AVE. along EDSA that is called ROBINSON"S APARTELLE. this appartelle is safe and located betwen MANDALUYONG and MAKATI.

RE: place to stay

by asianbelle

Makati and Mandaluyong are 2 different cities within Metro Manila. Their commercial districts are approximately 20 minutes drive from each other. Alternatively, you can take the MRT (elevated rail system) that passes through EDSA which is MM's main road, and will take you less than 10 minutes. There are stations in Ayala (Makati) and Boni Ave., Shaw Blvd., & Ortigas all in Mandaluyong. All these stations are connected if not walking distance to big shopping malls.

Astor, Makati Palace, City Garden and Rockwell hotels are in the interior of Makati and close to Rockwell Plant Mall. However, they are not immediately accessible to public mass transpo.

AIM and Prince Plaza are close to Greenbelt and Glorietta malls. Both are also a few blocks away from Ayala Ave. where you can catch the buses that pass by Mandaluyong's big malls (Robinson's, Mega Mall, Pioneer Hypermart, Shangri-la Plaza, etc). Or as I mentioned above, you can take the MRT and these 2 hotels are just 15 minutes away from Ayala station (via the pedestrian elevated walkway that cuts through buildings ang malls in Ayala Center).

Another suggestion for a place to stay that is in between Makati and Mandaluyong is The Legend Hotel. It is along Pioneer St. off EDSA Boni and across the newly opened Robinson's Hypermart. I think, they are in the same standard as the hotels you mentioned.

Comments