108 Legaspi Street, Makati, Luzon, Philippines
Asiatravel.com Agoda.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Poor

More about BSA Tower

Stay here....if you like roaches

by ejagape about BSA Mansion

Well, the facilities are nice, but the bugs are not. In our 2-night stay, we killed over 30 roaches. I think they were coming through holes/vents in the bathroom. We made do, since we'd pre-paid for the room, but we asked for some roach spray within 1 minute of walking in the room. Yuck!

That said, the accomodations were nice. It's a condotel, so the room was cosy and decorated nicely. Compared to BSA Tower, I liked the room better, but I'd never stay here again.

The staff was not very friendly and the doorman was missing half the time. They were prompt when we asked for the roach spray and a couple other items, but nothing about the staff was overly endearing.

The location wasn't so good, but not horrible either. We had to walk about 5-6 minutes to get to the Greenbelt 1.

There's a 24-hour convenience store next door.

I would not recommend this place. Unique qualities? Well, there were lots of roaches. That's unique....in a way.

I do want to mention that this hotel does not seem to be connected to BSA TOWER in any way! They are not under the same management. (my mistake in assuming....BSA tower was fully booked, so I got a room here thinking it would be similar)

Best Place to Stay in Makati City

by ejagape about BSA Towers

This hotel is right where you want to be! It's just across the street from the Greenbelt 1, and so convenient.

The hotel staff were friendlly and immediately helpful when we needed something like tissue or a newspaper.

Every morning there was a free breakfast delivered from a local restaurant. You could get eggs, bacon and toast, or cereal, or fresh fruit, etc.

The room was huge! There was a living/dining room, a small kitchen, and a separate bedroom with a good view of the greenbelt--very pretty!

Some items were a bit old in the room and the mirror was cracked. It's not a 5 star hotel, but it was clean, well serviced and had the best location of the 4 hotels I've stayed in while in Makati. Pool on the top floor (didn't visit)

Restaurants are right across the street (Chili's, Pizza Hut, Cheesecake and Coffee, Pancake House, etc).

I saw 2 internet cafes within 1 min. of the hotel

The Greenbelt and Glorietta are right nextdoor (you have to walk through the greenbelt shopping area to get to the Glorietta mall)

A great Spa is across the street (aaah! about $12 for an hour massage and it's a VERY classy place)

Try asiahotels.com for a cheap internet rate.
We stayed in the 1-bedroom suite for $40 USD a night. If you wait until you get to the hotel to pay, it's $120/night!

Ah, I'll just list what facilities that have:
List of Facilities :

TV cable

In Makati Area

by listenandlearn

Hi,
We really would like to treat ourselves to a good (nothing extravagant price) foot spa. Any suggestions? We are staying at BSA TOWERS located in Legaspi Village, best if it is a stepping stone away.
Thanks All!

RE: In Makati Area

by stamporama

"The Spa" is right at your doorstep, in Greenbelt Center.

RE: In Makati Area

by karengkeng

If you want value for money foot spa, try the one being offered by Bench Fix Salon at the 3rd Floor (or maybe 2nd Floor) of Greenbelt 3. If you want to splurge, I recommend Nail Spa along Gamboa St. that is at the back of AIM. Enjoy!

Makati Accomodation

Hello!

I'd be in Makati for a week 2nd week of January. Could anyone please suggest a clean hotel within a walking distance to Insular (Ayala)? My budget rage is Php 1500-2200. Just please don't let it be Prince Plaza II.

Thanks a lot,
Isa

by asianbelle

Maybe you could try Dela Rosa Mansion. It is on the same street as Prince Plaza II but nearer to Paseo de Roxas (across the street from Enterprise Bldg./HSBC).

by asianbelle

Isa, sorry it's not Dela Rosa but Asian Mansion... It is along Dela Rosa St...

by i-s-a

Okay I'll try that. Asia Mansion is a block nearer to my training center. Thanks!

by Libra12

You can also try BSA Tower along Legaspi St, fronting greenbelt.

by pong944

I stayed at BSA tower 2 or 3 yrs ago and found it acceptable (noticed some cockroaches though, and my friend complained about bedbugs although they never bit me :P) I was able to make that booking through asiatravel.com

Did you have a bad experience in Prince Plaza II? Just curious.

by i-s-a

I think Prince Plaza II and BSA are owned by one company....and also Asian Mansion. Maybe that's the reason they have the same free gift...cockroaches!

I stayed in Prince Plaza II in November (??) and eventhough I transfered rooms the cockroaches are still there. It bothered me a lot.

by asianbelle

BSA Towers, BSA Suites and Perla Mansion are managed by one company. Prince and Asian are under other property managers.

by pong944

Price Plaza I is under a different management than II - I have a friend who rents at One long-term - no cockroaches that I could see - but I did see a mouse once. That's what living in the tropics is I guess. However, I don't know if they take in short-term rentals at Prince Plaza 1.

by lafanzy

I'm probably late for your question. But, i was just in Makati 1 month ago. The city had just s much to offer. Unfortunately for us, and the city of course, we too stayed in Prince Plaza II. It was probably the biggest mistake in travel history! They were ready not to honour out pre-paid booking with a lame explanation that they had a miscommunication between the hotel and their web agent, And that they were fully book and there were nothing they could offer us. With that, we could get a refund from the web agent. In anoither words, they were throwing us into the street and have us find our own way in a foreign city and look for a computer so we cold get out refund!

Though at the end, they accommodated us, they wanted us to check with them everyday to find out if they still have room on the day. (Remember this is a pre-paid booking). The service isn;t good for a condohet bragged by an international management team, ASB. This is a condotel I would recommend staying out! WHere'ever you're from.

Place to stay..

by unni_as

m gona b in manila on july.could anyone sujjest a nice hotel to stay near australian embassy in makati..i have heard about regein's hotel..is it near australian embassy?is it a nice place to stay?..thanx

by asianbelle

the australian embassy is at the corner of 2 major roads (ayala avenue and sen. gil puyat avenue). three blocks away are major hotels (manila peninsula, shangrila-makati, intercon, dusit hotel, new world). for longer visit, you may opt to stay in condominium-hotels like oakwood premier.

if you work for the embassy, check out with them as they may have accredited hotels/condominiums for their staff and guests.

by isseph_99

you can stay in a lot of hotels there, the thing is the embassy is in the financial district, makati. so if your real intention is to visit for relaxation in manila. i suggest the other hotels by the bay like bayview hotel or traders hotel

but if its for business then well like belle suggests...

by arni_ph075

I think its not Regein;s hotel, instead Regine's hotel. Its a standard hotel not even 3star, but its a bit far from the embassy, as the hotel is located at Kalayaan Ave corner Makati Ave Makati.. While Australian Embassy is at RCBC Plaza Ayala Avenue.

Prince Plaza II or BSA Tower could be an option, (condotels) all walking distance 10-15 min max.. or Somerset Salcedo Makati (formerly known as Stamford Court).

Condotels would be nice option if you will have long stay..

by bear_cuddler

ir you dont mind payiing alot for a hotel..coz the hotels in the makati area are mostly 5 star hotels you can choose between shargri-la hotel makati, peninsula hotel in makati or dusit hotel. but id recommend shangri-la hotel...me and my bf stayed there for 10 days while he was here (he's an aussie too) and the service is so great.

enjoy your stay.