Best Western Hotel La Corona Manila

Value Score Great Value!

Costs about the same, but rated 16% higher than other 3 star hotels

• namiewa's Profile Photo

Western Hotel

is a boutique hotel located in the heart of the tourist belt in Manila. Our location makes the hotel an ideal destination for adventure travelers and business travelers. The hotel is only about 300 meters from the United States Embassy, five kilometers from the Japanese Embassy, and less than nine kilometers from most other embassies. A first-class shopping mall is only 800 meters away, while the Walled City of Old Manila with its 9-hole golf course is only two kilometers away. The world famous Rizal Park is just 700 meters from the hotel. Manila Chinatown, with its authentic Chinese food and goods is only four kilometers, only one Jeepney ride. The hotel is along the coast line of historic Roxas Boulevard, and Manila Bay, which boasts of the world-famous Manila Bay Sunset. The Cultural Center of the Philippines as well as the Philippine International Convention Center are just within the area.

Unique Quality: Complimentary breakfast buffet
    Catering staff
    Fire alarm
    Bellman
    24-hour business center
    Internet access in business center
    Fax and photocopy service
    Elevator
    Free parking/side of hotel
    Early check-in 9:00 a.m. and late check-out 4:00 p.m. available
    Free welcome drinks

Directions: Make a right hand turn onto the next street which is United Nations Avenue. Make a right hand turn on the next corner which is M.H. Del Pilar. About 150 meters from this corner you will be able to see the hotel on the left hand side of the street.

More about Best Western Hotel La Corona Manila

great place to stay

by ray1966 about Best western La Corona

nice rooms,great staff, nice restaraunt. I would recommend this hotel to someone looking for extended stay in manila. close to Roxas Blvd, not so nice area but if you want an adventure then you will get it

Loved The Best Western

by TripAdvisor Member zipperSydney

Hi My name is Anthony Hogan from Sydney Australia.I would like to give a positive review about the Best Western la Corona in Ermita Manilla.I stayed at the hotel in August 2008 for 8 days and I must say I have travelled to many places being an entertainer and the staff the check-in the restaurant the facilities and above all the cleanliness of the Hotel was far above average.The staff were most helpfull in every way possible, courteous, and nothing was a problem for them.The price was very competitive,All extras in the room worked and the room was cleaned everyday which is a plus in a lot of places.
I would highly recommend The Best Western La Corona to anyone visiting Manilla.It is right in the heart of all entertainment shopping and food facilities you could ask for.
Well Done Best Western
Anthony Hogan

saved my trip

by TripAdvisor Member jchin1979

I stayed here for 3 nights. The service was excellent everyone was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and spacious. Everything about the amenities were excellent for the price you are paying. This property is similar to other Best Western's found in the USA. The buffet breakfast and the a la carte meals at the restaurant were excellent as well.

The part of the stay where they saved my life was when I had accidently left a bag in their restaurant. I went to my room for a short nap and after 2 hours I received a call saying a waiter, Johnson had found a bag with my passport in it! I had left my passport, credit cards, and cash in their restaurant and the staff returned everything to me. Thank you to Johnson and manager Ren for saving my life during my stay at the Best Western La Corona.

felt like a King

by TripAdvisor Member marielle24

Upon my arrival in the early morning of May 11, 08 and believe or not..from the moment i stepped out of the cab, i felt like a king already.. the service at this hotel is by far the best service i've ever experienced..From the doorman to housekeeping, everyone is just super nice..The room was great especially the huge bathroom i stayed in..Everything works except for my wireless connection.. i couldn't get connected and the hotel IT( Manny) did everything he could but yet, it didnt work.it must have been my laptop that has the prob... it wasnt big deal for me since im there for a nice relaxing vacation..Not to mention the staff at the resto were super cool..They took me out to Padi's point... a bar with live bands near mall of asia..really great!! From Sherlyn, Jezza, Rica( front desk) to Jeoff, James, Victor( bells) to Paul, Ryan, Johnson( bar) to Warren and Derek( asst. GMs) and to all the trainees..and oh! how can i forget, Myra at the concierge desk, she is awesome! she helped me out get a flight tix to Cebu with my GF..thanks Myra!..I surely will see u guys again in my next visit to my hometown..You guys were super Great! if i own a hotel, surely i will hire you all.. there's nothing more i can ask for..Excellent service!! Keep it up!!!!

Great Hotel Great Value

by TripAdvisor Member Roc88

The hotel is great value and spotlessly clean, very happy with the room and aircon and the free wifi internet. The staff are usually friendly but very slow waited 15 minutes to be attended to and then the reception just went to the back office so I called for the manger to get some service. Had a problem when we booked in as the flight was 9 hours late instead of arriving 7pm we arrived 4 am same 'night' and although prepaid were advised we had no booking after producing receipts were told we were a "No Show" and would have to pay for the night anyway. We advised that was fine just check us in and give us our rooms, the recepionist Sherlyn seemed brain dead she said the hotel would still charge for the previous night we explain it was still night it was still dark. She said no it was the next day. Hopeless!! .. just give us the room keys which we finally got and about to sleep ... but at 5 am she rang demanding we return to reception to sign again the amex voucher ... Impossible !! Rooms were prebooked and prepaid ! We left after 3 days and checked into the Bayview Park which was a very bad choice.. avoid Bayview Park Hotel ! Whatever problems we had at the La Corona nothing compared to Bayview Park !!!

There are dirty old cabs outside with signs saying 'hotel taxi', if you ask the hotel doorman to get a cab he signals for one on the hotel property. The driver doubled the agreed price at our destination saying it was because of the traffic, they are rude ignorant and seems a scam run by the doormen.

Loved the Suite!

by TripAdvisor Member Tommyboy68

I had read the other reviews, most good, some okay, one terrible, and took a chance on La Corona on my first stay in Manila. I opted for the Suite, which was about $100 USD a night, and it was worth it.

The only things I did not like about the hotel was the mattress, which was like a thick foam pad and not very comfortable. I am used to American mattress/box spring combos, so there you go. Also, we were in the front of the hotel, and the traffic noise was pretty constant.

You cannot beat the location, there is a little burger stand right across the street that was open 24 hours! We were close by cab to Chinatown (where I ate the best Chinese food in all my 40 years. Mmmm...beef shins), where my In-laws live, and close to malls and the zoo and the water park.

The staff at La Corona was great, the breakfast buffet good and satisfying. One thing to note, there are not any places to get a breakfast in town that I found, other than hotel buffets. We went out and ended up walking to The Aristocrat restaurant a couple miles away, paying for a not so good breakfast. The buffet here is good. They mix it up with Filipino, Asian, and Western style fare. Fresh fruits and breads and juices. All this is included with the room, so it is even better. The service was good all the way.

They have a hotel car that will meet you at the airport, or take you wherever you want to go, but it is quite a bit more than the metered cabs, which are constantly going by the hotel, so we only used it once. The doorman and front desk and all the staff are friendly, they did everything they could to make our stay comfortable.

Nice staff, good service, very good breakfast

by TripAdvisor Member CKessler

I have just returned from a trip to the Philippines and used La Corona as my base. It s right in the center of Ermita and I was extremely pleased with my stay there. Staff very friendly and obliging - the included breakfast was excellent. Room was good and very clean and staff obliging and very helpful.

I will certainly stay there again.

Great stay, highly recommended

by TripAdvisor Member robynhl

This is a great hotel. It was on the cheaper side but it doesn't show. Our room was brightly colored, clean, and welcoming. A king size bed and lots of TV channels. The staff was really friendly. Only a 10 minute walk to Robinson's mall. Loved the buffet breakfast -- great quality.

Next time I come to Manila I will book here. Only downside -- no pool for those hot Manila days!

first time traveler to manila needs transportation advice to hotel

by prydog

i need to know what train to take from airport to get to old town manilla and best western hotel la corona in manila?any help would be greatly appreciated.

by danaiskra

hi,
Best Western La Corona is located in Ermita.. We do have the LRT (Light Railway Transit) along Taft Ave, but i wouldn't recommend taking it coz it's gonna be quite a complicated commute from the airport.. (no direct station close to the airport)
Better to take a cab, it's gonna be just about 30-45 minutes.

When u say old town Manila, do you mean Intramuros?
If that is the case, then your hotel is very close already, actually Ermita is one of the older districts as well. You may again take a cab or a jeepney going to Intramuros.

by asianbelle

Unfortunately, Manila's international airports are not commuter-friendly. There is no direct train from the airport to downtown Manila compared to KL or HK. As mentioned your best option is to take a cab (coupon or metered) to your hotel.

However, if you'll be landing at NAIA Terminal 3 and open to the idea of taking the public transpo that involves several transfers, you may consider this:

Take the airport shuttle van/mini-bus. There are 2 routes: (1) is a loop among the 3 airport terminals, (2) goes to Baclaran and EDSA MRT. Fee is P20/head and runs from 5am to 11pm daily.

You can take the 2nd route and get off at Baclaran. Then take an FX van bound to Lawton (they pass through Roxas Blvd.) and get off at United Nations Ave. Walk for a block and at the first corner, turn right, less than 200 meters from that point, you'll find the hotel.

by judayandryan

very well said ms aida /asianbelle..

hi po...

by StefanosS

Near the exit of the airport building there is a desk for prepaid taxi service. This is your best choice if you are not familiar with Metro Manila transports. In the following url you can find a useful map.

Lawton Avenue station of Philippine National Railway is the closest station to the airport, but it is recently developed and has still a very poor schedule. Besides it passes far away from your destination.

Comments