City Garden Suites

suroyista's Profile Photo

City Garden Suites - Hotel in the Heart of Manila

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 18, 2011

As I have mentioned in my profile, I am a Hotel Enthusiast, regardless of category level. I find everything about it very interesting - from the building structure & design, to the smallest amenity & simplest service.

In this review, I will share to you OUR PERSONAL LEVEL OF SATISFACTION, base on our experience, by simply rating the amenities and services that we have used and availed during our stay. My rating will be from the scale of 1 (lowest) to 10 (highest). I will also highlight the hotel's outstanding qualities and features, if there’s any.

Now, if after reading my review you will find yourself asking; "is it really true?". Well, my only advise to you is, "go check in, and see for yourself..." ;o)

Ratings for City Garden Suites:
Reception - 8
Room - 8
Bell Service - 5
Hotel location - 5

Unique Quality: The Front Desk in the reception area is very eye-catching.

atis's Profile Photo

Manilla City Garden Suites

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 7, 2011

Stayed in the DELUXE room in the new wing...The staff are just great. I am using simple words...The room is clean and modern..TV Jug Bed made for you every day. Cafe/Breakfast room downstairs is beautiful. Breakfast 6am til 10am....Doors opened for you. Anything you want is taken care of. Night staff on the desk are very helpful. Good security and fire escape. ..ELECTRONIC LOCKS AND Manual Locks on doors to rooms. When you want a cab the doorman tells the cab driver where you are going. 15 to 20 min cab ride cost about 3 dollars US.

Directions: APPROX 5KM north of airport.....20 MIN CAB RIDE ...3 BLOCKS FROM U.S. Embassy

debay's Profile Photo

Good Location, Efficient Staff But..........

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 15, 2010

Stayed here September 26, 2010 overnight. Recommended by Diamond Club (card company) because they offer special rates for members. Checked the website and it seemed nice. The 1-bedroom suite includes a receiving area and a sofa that can sleep one. The bedroom had 1 queen size bed and 1 single bed as advertised. Still remember Room 402. It must just be coincidence because we discovered so many things re the room facilities. 1- The safe wouldn't lock. We had to call Front Desk to send someone to fix it. 2- The TV remote control didn't work (even after shaking and moving the batteries around). Oh well, I just had to walk over and change the channels by pushing buttons on the console. 3- The "cold" faucet in the shower was loose and my friend had to "endure" a long and hot shower because there was no cold water to mix with. Called Front Desk again and they sent people to fix the problem. 4- The room had a strong odor of stale cigarette smoke. Even my overnight bag and stuff inside smelled like so after I had checked out and taken a 2-hour plane ride back home. No pictures taken because we were not so impressed with the facilities. It would be nice if management conducts regular check-ups and clean-ups (specially the stench) of room facilities to ensure proper delivery of service to guests.

Unique Quality: 1) Staff were very courteous and check-in/ check-out was smooth. Staff also promptly attended to our requests to fix things in our room.
2) Buffet breakfast on the ground floor cafe was simple but enough.
3) Someone remarked about the smoking in the lobby. The smell is suffocating.
4) A convenience store, restaurants and other hotels are scattered all within walking distance.
The Bay Walk is also accessible by walking but one has to risk one's life by crossing Roxas Blvd. to get to it. (Fun and scary at the same time) No untoward incident happened even as we walked through the poorly-lighted streets in this tourist area of Manila.
5) Taxi service to the airport was smooth and safe.
6) The elevator is small and involves long waits as it goes up and down. Take the stairs instead. It was good exercise and the steps are evenly spaced that we did not feel tired or exhausted climbing to the 4th floor.
7) Free wifi in every room.

Nice Hotel

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 29, 2005

Very clean rooms, spacious, VERY MODERNLY equipped with hair dryers etc, i think they had a refrig, didnt eat at the restaurant but they had one, staff was EXTREMELY GRACIOUS, almost bowed to you. every single staff member greeted me as they walked by.....good morning sir, good afternoon sir, etc also my gf, which most hotels ignore my gf.
Location 2 blocks from Roxas Blvd and the Baywalk,

• Continental Breakfast
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Manila Travel Forum

Need advice about Manila, Philippines? Visit the Travel Forum for Manila and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Manila hotel reviews