25 Adb Avenue, Ortigas Center, Pasig, Luzon, 1600, Philippines

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 26% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• npamo's Profile Photo

Discovering Discovery Suites

The one bedroom suite we got was quite spacious except for the room which only has a small double bed. The bathroom has a separate bathtub and shower stall. It has a good kitchen with utensils good enough for 4 persons. The only thing I didn't like about the room is the view from the window: the wall of the next building. Nothing to see at all. The pool was small and gets filled up with people especially on weekends. The buffet breakfast was good but limited in selections.

Directions: Along ADB Avenue in Ortigas Center Just across the Podium

• marlonpasilon's Profile Photo

How Suite!

I've stayed at Discovery for a number of times, and my friends and I usually celebrate bday parties here. Their one-bedroom suite includes a kitchen, which is perfect when you're hosting a party. We buy groceries from the nearby Robinson's Galleria grocery store, which is only around 5 minutes away by foot. Although the bedroom is not that spacious, the living area more than compensates for it. Their service is very good, and you can always call housekeeping if you need extra plates, utensils, slippers, etc. The only thing that I don't really like in the hotel is the swimming pool. It is rather small, and you can hardly swim in it. Overall, I highly recommend this hotel for their quality rooms and service.

Unique Quality: Kitchen!

Directions: Right in front of Podium in Ortigas.

• xuessium's Profile Photo

Apartment in Manila

Slightly run down - the shower panels were almost falling apart in my bathroom. I am still perplexed by the design of the rooms - so much space was devoted to the bathroom leaving little room for the bed and the sofa and writing desk. The corridors were dim and smell a little musty. The gym and jacuzzi on the 4th storey were compact though the location of the jacuzzi (separated by gender) in one tight corner was weird and there was no handlebars to grab while rising out of the water. I almost slipped stepping on the slippery tub walls.

Unique Quality: The staff were courteous and polite.

Directions: Nearest MRT station: Shaw (a walk of 10-15 minutes)

• syllybabe's Profile Photo

Discovery Suites

The rooms make you feel like you're in your own apartment. You get your own kitchen, dining room and living room and you can entertain guests without feeling like you're letting people in your private sanctuary.

Unique Quality: Whether you're on a business or pleasure trip, I recommend the area where this hotel is at. The rooms are big and as the name implies, they're all suites. Perfect if you like to shop or dine out or sample the nightlife. If you're dining in the hotel or in your own suite, don't miss out on their Chilean seabass...cooked to perfection!

Directions: Very close to SM Megamall and across The Podium

More about Discovery Suites

Introduction to Malls: The Podium @ Ortigas

by xuessium about The Podium

This mall was just across the Discovery Suites that I was staying in. I had forgetten about it (despite going there a few times for Starbuck's coffee) until a fellow VTer reminded me. The reason that I had forgotten about it, is simply because this mall resembled the malls I can find back home. (In fact, it is a joint venture between Singaporean and Philippino firms - it figures)

The mall is very clearly targeted at the higher income earners in Manila with its posh and branded boutiques and swanky open-space and cool light architectural design that gave the mall an instant snooty air. You will find top notch designer brands here selling a range of items from lingeries, leather belts to the latest hand bags.

Me? I took a quick spin and settled for Starbucks. If you are into branded stuff, hey, this is your place. No idea. I did not bother. I can tell you the price of a Starbucks coffee if you want...ha ha.

Questions about next trip

by PARADIZE

Hi all!

I am planning to visit Manila in June 2007. I am at the stage of planning my trip. I am looking for a hotel ( 4 or 5 stars) with a good location close to the main shopping areas, the main attractions and bars... I am planning to stay about 2 weeks there. It`s going to be my first time in Asia...

Thanks

Olivier

by monina_c

Here are two establishments you can check out. The 2nd one is a few steps away from the major malls in Makati. Good luck!

1. Shang-rila Makati, Ayala Avenue cor. Makati Avenue, Makati

Tel : (63 2) 813 8888
Fax : (63 2) 813 5499 / 5059
Email : slm@shangri-la.com

2. Oakwood Premier, Glorietta 4, Ayala Center - Makati
Tel : (63 2) 729 8888

by egmax5

you can also try:

New World Hotel near greenbelt area, perfect place for night life.

Intercontinental and Dusit Hotel, very near Glorietta and greenbelt. Cheaper than New World.

Manila Peninsula, along makati ave across shangrila.

Enjoy the night life!!

by travelnurse21

Manila Penninsula in Makati.

by joysweet

alternatively, you can try the ortigas area and stay at the following:

1. shangrila edsa plaza hotel (adjacent to the shangrila mall)
2. discovery suites (across the podium and 1 block away from SM Megamall)
3. crowne plaza (right beside robinson's galleria mall)

you can try nightlife at the ledge (shangrila mall), megastrip (sm megamall), el pueblo (this is near discovery suites), metrowalk (about 2 blocks from crowne plaza)

by vincenzooo

If cost is not a problem, do stay at either the Makati Shangri La Hotel or the Manila Peninsula Hotel. These hotels are facing each other along Ayala Avenue, and is very close to shopping areas and nightlife.

Regards!

by ferrer910

if you don't mind paying a few extra bucks, try and get the suite at the intercontinental makati. aside from being close to everything, you get access to the club lounge..two words for you: free cocktails

• Oct 25, 2013 at 9:21 AM

I booked the following rooms in this hotel last Oct 19-20, 2013: (1) Serendipity 3-Bedroom Suite, (1) Serendipity 2-Bedroom Suite , (1) Regular 3-Bedroom Suit, (1) Regular Junior Suite.

1. Check in time is supposed to be 3PM but not all rooms were ready when we arrived. The Serendipity 3-Bedroom Suite was available only at past 4PM.

2. My 500 Discovery Lifestyle Member credit voucher # 5561 was not deducted from the breakfast charge when I properly endorsed and signed the voucher to a Restaurant 5 staff.

3. I was charged an extra 9509.25 for the late check out of (1) Serendipity 3-Bedroom Suite in which we stayed until around 4:40 PM when in fact upon check-in this particular room was also only ready for us to occupy at around the same time. The front desk personnel called me while we were in the middle of a very important meeting and when I asked for another one hour extension, I was informed I will be charged a half day rate. This I found very inconsiderate because upon reservation weeks before, I already requested for this late check out and I expected a little consideration for booking several rooms.

4. I found the front desk staffs not so friendly when in fact this hotel according to their website is supposed to "showcase the best of unique Filipino hospitality in a modern setting".

I am just so disappointed.