Ermita Tourist Inn

1549 A. Mabini Street Corner Soldado Street, Ermita, Manila, Philippines

Satisfaction Terrible

• luckypc's Profile Photo

Nice Inn but its a tourist trap

This hotel is at a good location close to Robinsons mall and the price is ok. But unfortunately all the staff seem to have a bad mind to all visitors. When i first checked in I gave my money in the safety box, and the man counted it (just the general staff). Then after I saw him telling the other staff how much money I have in the safety box, which is a bad thing. It seems that the staff tell all to the other staff about all, but about my personal items? tsk tsk. And then they insisted that I go out with them chaperoning me because it was dangerous. I agreed and then when i went out they tried to make an agreement for me to go to tours and other stuff (it seems they were leaning to an agenda of just me throwing money away at them). It seems dodgy that way because they are just trying to suppliment their income from the naivity and innocence of honest tourists which is not good. Also when I go out they insist that they come with me, so I could not be left in peace for a moment which was not good. And also I went to meet my friend in manila and when they saw her they assume she was a working girl which was bad. I dont know why they would 100% assume that. And also when I walk past them in the hotel they would gossip between each other and talk about bad things and make smart alec comments which is very lower class and rude. The main culprits are the philippino guys at the hotel. I was thinking about complaining to the manager but she only works part time and she is half asleep on the desk so I did not bother telling her. The staff also invite me to a room which was hidden behind the restaurant of the inn, and then when I was a bit tipsy, they started telling me their problems like, "oh my pay is very small, I need tuition fee, and need to give money to my family, can you please help me?" and "oh I am marryed but dont like my wife, can we go out and party (to a filo bar he was aiming at) so I can forget my problems?". Lots of sob storys with the tendancy for me to dish out money for them. Its totally shamefull that they would ask that because I am not very close to them. Thankfullly I did not gamble with them. I decided to transfer to another hotel, and the worker there just grab my bag and called any taxi to transport me out. The taxi driver of course would not use his meter so I had to call another taxi and ask if he would use his meter before I step in the cab which is the right way to do in Manila. It seems the staff wants to help me get rourted by taxis also which is bad. Well thats my true story, I would not reccomend this hotel because the staff seem regard tourists as naive and ready to just throw money away without care which is not the case in with me because I am on a budget. Stay away from the hotel unless u want your holiday wrecked. Kind regards.

Unique Quality: Nice rooms, Good location, good price, but dishonest staff