Linden Suites

Asiatravel.com Agoda.com Orbitz.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 28% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Linden Suites Ortigas in Manila

I would NOT recommend this hotel. My family and I were mistreated by the GM Alfred Reyes [I think was his name]. We rented a room and SPECIFICALLY mentioned that we'd have our daughter's SWIMMING party at the pool with a couple of kids. Someone inadvertently heard GM Reyes that we were "a bunch of rowdy people" [roughly translated from the vernacular: "Dinala pa buong barangay"]. His unprofessional reaction was unbecoming of a GM and was extremely disrespectful. We will never go to Linden Suites again and will tell all our friends not to patronize their services.

• miscen's Profile Photo

Ortigas' Best Kept Secret

Located in the Ortigas/Pasig Area, I would highly recommend this hotel. I think that in fact, it's one of the best hotels in the area. While not as large or imposing as it's neighbor, the EDSA Shangri-la Hotel, it's a good place to stay for the budget conscious traveller. From $ 100 a night, the rooms are large and well-appointed. In fact for an additional $30.00, you can get a one bedroom suite which is very spacious and which has its own kitchenette, a small dining area and living room in addition to the bedroom.

While there is only one restaurant in the hotel, the hotel is so centrally located that the traveller has a wide variety of restaurant choices all within walking distance and to suit all budgets. Behind the hotel is a small cluster of budget restaurants catering to the students of the nearby University of Asia and the Pacific and a few blocks away are Megamall, the Podium, El Pueblo and Shangril-mall which offer an even wider choice of not only dining places but also shopping.

Unique Quality: Very conveniently located. Walking distance to Shangri-la Mall, Megamall, the Podium and the El Pueblo complex of restaurants.

Directions: Along San Miguel Avenue

• miscen's Profile Photo

Ortigas' Best Kept Secret

Located in the Ortigas/Psig Area, I would highly recommend this hotel. I think that in fact, it's one of the best hotels in the area. While not as large or imposing as it's neighbor the EDSA Shangri-la Hotel, it's a good place to stay for the budget conscious traveller. From $ 100 a night, the rooms are large and well-appointed. In fact for an additional $30.00, you can get a one bedroom suite which is very spacious and which has its own kitchenette, a small dining area and living room in addition to the bedroom.

Directions: Along San Miguel Avenue

• Astrawan's Profile Photo

Best Family friendly hotel in Ortigas/ Mandalayung

This is a wonderful hotel to stay - and we are still here after a month and leaving tomorrow. The Podium, Galleria, SM Mega Mall and Shangri-la plaza and St. Francis (kinda flea market) are all within less than ten minutes walking distance (I walk everywhere).

The rooms themselves are well equiped - I have cooked quite a few meals here at home (Chops and vegies for when you need a mash potato fix after all that rice!) and the kitchen have everything you could possibly need, ok I bought a potato peeler! but that was it.

Happy Travelling
    Astrawan
    ps. They currently have an Internet Only deal running at the moment but I don't know how long it is going to last - a Two bedroom fully self contained apartment at this price is a steal.. well so I think. (Don't forget 'serviced' every single day!)

Unique Quality: We have a one bedroom apartment but they also have studios and two bedroom apartments here which are very spacious. There is a full hot and continental buffett breakfast (and yes I have been enjoying fresh mangoes every morning since arrival) with fruit which is included in the room rate.

The staff are lovely and very helpful and they have an excellent gym, indoor pool and jacuzzi, as well as in house 'Spa' for massages, facials etc etc. We have utilised everything (after a month? what else is there to do?) and have found them all to be quite excllent.

TV has 30+ channels and a Radio/CD/DVD player in a comfortable lounge and the bathrooms are decently fitted out with a full sized bath and plenty of storage and hanging space. What can I say? this has been a wonderful home away from home.

• missjay's Profile Photo

Worst customer service

I was impressed with the rooms since they were spacious and clean but whatever good impression I had was offset by the way it is being run.

The plus side - They are very strict upon checking in, requesting for an ID and photocopying it. You get a keycard which you need to use in the elevator to get to your floor. That means no unathorized persons using the elevators and knocking at your doors.

The negative side - Everything is by the book with their rules that it is a bit annoying. Despite our getting a number of rooms for the night, they insisted I sign for the billing of the function room use immediately. I wasnt able to do so since we had to leave immediately for dinner but we were going to return to the hotel for the night anyway; they could have just included the billing to the room charges. However, when we got in midnight, we get this call that I have to sign the billing immediately. No ifs nor buts.

Although it is standard practice to have the maitre d check if your breakfast is included in the room charge before you are given a table , I found it a bit irritating and insulting to have to sign a small piece of paper " proving" that I took my breakfast. And they do this with each and every one registered to the room. Come on. I have been to different countries and usually, they just have a list of the rooms with breakfast. If you dont have it included, then the maitre d asks you to sign a voucher which will be billed to your room or you get to pay to the cashier. In this hotel, its too much. You can imagine the line gets a bit long if everyone arrives at the same time.

I left all my comments at the front desk upon check out but ,unlike other hotels that thank you for your comments ( negative or positive), there has been absolutely no response from this hotel's management. Obviously, management intends to protect their hotel's interest and don't care about making the guest comfortable at all.

I wouldn't stay at this hotel ever.

More about Linden Suites

Ortigas serviced apartments

by aaspy

Hi all,

I have guests coming to the Philippines for more than 20 days. I am thinking in putting them in a serviced apartment that should be much cheaper than hotels.

Has anyone recommendations on affordable serviced apartments in the Ortigas area?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

by monina_c

You can try Discovery Suites in ADB Avenue right across The Podium. It is very conviniently located. :D

RE: RE: Ortigas serviced apartments

by asianbelle

You can try getting in touch with VTer Libra12. He knows of a recently furnished condo unit in Ortigas (back of SM Megamall) that is open for transient guests.

by MVP1721

Options are as follows :

1. Discovery Suites (priced 2500++)4star
2. Linden Suites (3500++) 4star
3. Astoria (not idea price but its 3Star
to check their nos. location http://www.clickthecity.com/

hope it helps

RE: RE: Ortigas serviced apartments

by monina_c

Actually when I asked Linden for a quote they gave me P6749nett that's good for 4 pax.

by aaspy

Thanks for the recommendations guys, will contact these establishments.

Comments