Manila Hotels

Our Members Say

• cachaseiro profile photo cachaseiro
  • Reviews: 1926

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Hotel Celeste.: Very cosy hotel in a perfect locaton.

Hotel Celeste is located in Makati and is a perfect choice for those looking for a good hotel without breaking the bank with one of the very expensive 5 star hotels. It´s a really nice hotel kept in old fashioned style with big furniture and rooms that has a bit of a colonial touch to it. They have both regular rooms and suites and both types of rooms are realy fine in my opinion. Hotel Celeste is located right across the road from Greenbelt and that gives it the perfect location in Manla in my opinion. When i was there the staff was very helpful and polite and i can only recomend this hotel.

Veryt nice and perfectly located.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Seniors, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Business Travel
  • Written July 11, 2011

Hotel Celeste in Manila.

• jumpingnorman profile photo jumpingnorman
  • Reviews: 927

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Excellent woodwork in hotel, good food

This is a convenient location between Quezon City and Makati, and so is perfect for "balikbayans"/Filipino overseas workers who have relatives at both sides of the long Edsa Avenue. But the most enduring thing you will remember with this hotel is the woodwork, specially at the dining area which offers excellent Filipino dishes (including lunch and dinner buffets). The effort in bringing such aesthetic woodwork together is great. We got a unit which had 2 floors, the only problem being that the stairs are somewaht small and too steep inside. Not really good for the disabled. But the hotel has very good security and you can park your car inside the complex. The price is also very reasonable compared to the other high rise luxury hotels.

Close to shopping complexes.

3 minutes away:
Robinson's Pioneer Mall
10 minutes away:
EDSA Shangri La Plaza, SM Megamall, The Podium
Asian Development Bank, Robinson's Galleria

• Related to: Family Travel
  • Written October 21, 2008

Durban Inn: Decent bargain in a clean facility

The Durban Inn has become my "home" in Manila, and I'm not alone. The place is almost always full and that's because it's got a low price point and a very clean environment. The daily sheet and towel and disinfecting routine guarantees there's nothing in the way of bugs or pests that are so prevalent.

It's at the edge of the business area of Makati, so very convenient for my needs and it's only a short 50 peso cab ride to the shopping centers of Greenbelt/Glorietta and about 120 peso half hour trip to the airport.

Overall, a very solid choice, but book in advance!

Super clean and the nice price.

• Related to: Business Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written June 9, 2008

Citadel Inn Makati: Rude and irresponsible

AVOID THIS DUMP!

I had trouble with my reservation with Citadel due to a breakdown in communication between them and the website discounter I use. The reception staff had no interest in solving the problem and foisted me off to a house phone where I spent a painful hour working out a too-expensive solution with the reservation agent located somewhere in the bowels of the place.

When I finally got the reservation squared away, I had to wait several minutes for the ancient, slow elevators to make their way to the lobby. The bell staff couldn’t be bothered to even offer to help with my bag and when I got to my room, I was incredibly disappointed. The lobby was beautiful. The room was underwhelming. There was one ragged towel and a tiny TV and to top it off, this idiocy: the labels on the hot and cold water in the shower were reversed… and the hot never really got above a tepid warm

Notably poor service ethic and overall uncaring attitude

• Related to: Budget Travel, Business Travel
  • Written April 12, 2008

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Oxford Suites Makati: Seen better days

I stayed at the Oxford Suites twice. The first time, I found the staff warm, the room congenial and the price fair. They offer a not-too-bad breakfast with the room fare. It was a pretty good value.
The second time, however, something happened. The staff seemed to stop caring. New management? And this was not my own experience. A good friend who always stayed there finally got fed up with the deteriorating service and a business colleague has now decided to book visiting clients in Makati Palace. Most recently, a friend said that construction noise disturbed his sleep in the early morning.
To top it off, Oxford raised their rates significantly. Surely, they are skating on an old reputation.

• Written April 12, 2008

• planxty profile photo planxty
  • Reviews: 1876

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Red Carabao hostel: I couldn't believe how good it was.

I had pre-booked the Red Caraboa in Manila through a hostel booking site on the basis of shared bathroom with a private bedroom and was expecting a pretty basic setup, which is fine by me, this was the capital, after all. I arrived late at night after a long journey from Europe and was quite exhausted. I rang the bell on the stout wooden gate and was admitted by a smiling young Filipino. This instantly reassured me as to security, there was simply no way of breaking into that place.

On entering, I was amazed by what I saw, a very impressive room complete with fully-stocked bar, a massive Christmas tree and numerous other Christmas decorations. Apparently, in the Philippines, Christmas is celebrated much longer than it is in the UK. Iced water was called for, I was sat down and welcomed in a way that I have come to associate with the Philippines.

After a pleasant chat, the night porter, the delightfully named Boggi showe me up to my room and I simply could not believe it. I think the images speak for themselves. I firsst encountered a drawing room that would not have been out of place in a five star establishment. The whole time I was there I never sat on that sofa, I was afraid to! Next to that was the smaller room with two gorgeous plant stands, if such a prosaic term does them justice. The kitchen was huge, equipped to a very high standard including a six ring hob (four gas and two electric). The bathroom was similarly luxurious although with cold water only. In the climate of Manila, that was all I needed.

The bedroom was fairly basic, just a bed, aircon and a wardrobe but the place was spotless and the bed comfy. Although I had booked as shared occupancy, I never saw another person on this floor. I should explain this comment. I was on the fifth floor. This is something travellers with limited mobility should bear in mind, it is a bit of a climb and there is no lift. I only went to the communal area once and it was again fitted to a high standard with TV, cooking facilities.

The fourth floor appeaqred to house a family judging by the shoes outside the door. All this led me to the conculsion that the place had been built as a block of flats (apartments) and for some reason not all of them were let so converted into a "hostel". The only possible drawback I can see to Red Carabao is that it is away up North in the city in the area of Santa Cruz which is some way out of the centre. There is certainly no nightlife there but this is not the fault of the premises.

The staff were so friendly and helpful throughout my time there and the facilities of such a standard, I would have no hesitation in recommending this place.

Well, I would say that having your own luxury flat for a few pesos a night is pretty unique, I have never seen anything like it.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written January 16, 2012
Tip Photo

Drawing Room, Red Carabao, Manila, Philippines.

• SOLODANCER profile photo SOLODANCER
  • Reviews: 130

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Best Western's LaCorona Hotel: Boutique hotel in old Manila

Manila has a dizzying array of places to stay at for the visitor from B&Bs or Pensionne as they are called in the Philippines, to motels, standard hotels that run up the scale from the basic to the very luxurious rated 5 stars. And like elsewhere, standard can vary widely of course even within each class. But one thing I can say and this from my own experience is that service especially personal touches extended by management overall is of high quality among most Philippine hotels. To give an example, breakfasts provided by hotels of all kinds are simply astonishingly enormous. And they're given free buffet style included in one's room stay. Nowhere else in the world would a visitor ever see/experience morning dining as festive and generous as this! Tho this assessment may sound patronizing and biased because of my background having been born and spent early years of my life in that country, but I'm at the same time a fairly well travelled person to many different countries which sort of equipped me with a certain knowledge and discernment about comparative situations.

The city of Manila has boomed and expanded sadly not in economic progress nor leap in standard of living but in latitude into such unimaginable limitless boundaries. Progress in terms of modernity is well exhibited in the posh and gleaming Miami-like metropolis of Makati which clearly has now become the "in" spot equated to modern living, finance center, entertainment, shopping and the place to hang around and stay. And as well the resulting high prices of everything here is understood to be part of the status. So, as far as accommodation goes, Makati, tho conveniently close to both the international NAIA (Ninoy Aquino Int'l Airport) and the domestic airports, tend to be on the expensive side.

As far as real charm, native interest and that certain adventurousness real travellers go out of the way looking for, Old Manila to me is still a better draw. But be warned this area tho hemmed-in by all the historic sights of this much-devastated, much-maligned and impoverished city which very much reminds one of Calcutta in all her poverty, neglect and raggedness, can seem very overwhelming certainly after awhile. But if the visitor's true interest as befits his/her ideal travels always looking for the gritty soulful down to earth authenticity, then Old Manila is a giver of raw haunting sad but rich-in-fighting-spirit offerings.

In Old Manila therefore I chose to stay around at in September 2010 when I went home to visit ancestral family after a long absence. I found the boutique hotel La Corona, of the Best Western hotel chain right in the Ermita district where so many little hotels can be found, an area rather of convenient proximity to the main sights of Luneta Park, the bay walk of Roxas Boulevard, the presidential palace of Malacanan, city hall, selective traditional museums and also a short jeepney ride away the veritable Chinatown and the bustling folk-art bargain shopping district of Quiapo.

La Corona is a medium-size recently renovated hotel of about two dozen rooms of varying sizes and comfort. I stayed in a single suite with a huge circular bed. All rooms are well maintained and very clean with all the modern amenities to them: small refrigerator well stacked with essentials, air-conditioning and hot water definitely, free tea and coffee maker, bathrobe, tv and piped-in music, high-speed internet service, daily complimentary bottled water, airport shuttle (w/ surcharge) among many others and a free breakfast fit for a wedding banquet! It was a well worth find and most comfortable stay.

• Related to: Singles, Arts and Culture, Budget Travel
  • Written August 2, 2011

Manila's Best Western La Corona Hotel

• hypercolor profile photo hypercolor
  • Reviews: 1

The Contemporary Hotel: Manila's Best Deal

Nice cozy hotel with clean rooms and complete amenities such as a swimming pool, function/meeting rooms, laundry and dry-cleaning services, FREE local calls, safety deposit boxes, Lobby bistro and poolside bar, lobby shop, a beauty salon and spa, and even a first-rate dental clinic. And of course, 24-hour security.

Room rates are probably the lowest available for this type of hotel. And the rate is the same for single and double-occupancy! Breakfast included. Food is good and reasonably-priced. Great for the budget-hunters who still want quality amenities and service. A shoo-in consideration for businessmen, students, and backpackers. And tourists and balikbayans, of course. Hotel staff very courteous and efficient.

• Related to: Business Travel, Family Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written January 24, 2006

• dame_akanbo profile photo dame_akanbo
  • Reviews: 25

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

christine gust house: manila cheapest accommodation

we stayed here ,I think it one of cheapest acoommmodation in manila .but its hard to find this guest housed,because this no have sign of guest house outside,then u had better ask airport transportation

very kind and quite place,it look more safety than other area like ermita or malate

home page

• Written April 14, 2007

• JaneCajuguiran profile photo JaneCajuguiran
  • Reviews: 241

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

New World Renaissance Hotel: Simple Pleasures

Not a lavish hotel but most of what you need are either available or accessible. New World is right at the heart of the Makati Commercial Business District (or plainly Makati Commercial) and is a favorite among business tourists. It is just right beside one of the best malls in the country, Greenbelt, and is walking distance to the Ayala Museum and 3 other malls: Landmark, Glorietta, ShoeMart (aka SM). There are numerous restaurants around of different types and for different budgets.

• Written February 13, 2006

• broxx profile photo broxx
  • Reviews: 21

Renaissance Hotel Makati: QUALITY 100%

As i got to the hotel. I see Security Checking Point.. From the Taxi to the doorway into the hotel.
So one thing I FELT SAFE for any negative stuff..

It a true 5 star. From the lobby to the rooms. The view i had was fantastic to Makati City..
My fav was it was easy to go out n walk across to Greenbelt mall which had many food courts n nightlife..
Plus the pool was Fantastic in the front forth floor..

Quality at it Best.

Love the hotel Shampoo and hand soap mint tyme..haha

• Written November 4, 2006
Tip Photo

• syllybabe profile photo syllybabe
  • Reviews: 779

Great Eastern Hotel: Terrible Makati Hotel

Nothing GREAT about this hotel. In fact, quite the opposite is true. The staff is rude and needs to be taught the basics of customer service. I booked a business associate here for two days and everything from check in to check out was horrible. The aggravation we experienced here isn't even worth the $30/night that I paid. That price seems inexpensive but when service is terrible, that is way too much more than what I'd want to spend.
Anyone will be better off staying at any other hotel in the Makati Ave. area where the staff is more pleasant and responsive.
STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE if you don't like rude front office and restaurant waitstaff.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written September 28, 2005

• dame_akanbo profile photo dame_akanbo
  • Reviews: 25

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

the town house hostel manila: why many people stay here

drunk staff and uneducated staff and fatty sleepy man are working here ,all staff here are not at all trained ,but for me this 3 are very memorable person.room starts from 300peso this hotel (without dormitory ),its only 6dollar .but I thought even pig live better room than us ,actually dog house in my country in my house is far more clean than this room.
and you must know u can not go to toilet in night time if you stay one of the 2 house of the hostel .because you must walk about one minute to other house to do toilet and shower,because one of the house of them do not have water supply.in that room some single room and dormitory are,dormitory is only 4dollar,but thinking about no water supply and price of the country ,its veryvvery expensive.

thinkin about the staff of the hostel and owner who do not carte about the management of the hostel ,I can say u had better stay at nadividad pension or malate pension in malate or some unfamous hotels with aircorn from 700peso cleaner fan room from 400 peso in malate ermita area ,or christine guest house (look my page )in laspinas city with good manager and cheaper price almost near of airport .or if u can pay more ,kabayan hotel in pasay are also nice choice,this is star class hotel not hostel or piggy house unlike townhouse hotel .but they have also dormitory room from 400peso including breakfast .

I still wonder why many person choose the hostel only because its cheap .if u like cheap ,its also nice idea to slepp in luneta park.its free ,its nice .

and ....townhousehostel boast about airport convinient ,but of course u can not walk to airport from the hostel and kabayan hotel and christine guesthouse also just 20 minutes from airport by car ,and even ermita and malate ustay ,its only 25minutes or like that and taxi costs very cheap in manila .

and food of the hostel also not cheap at all and u must walk 5minutes to restaurant if u want to eat standard food .

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written May 2, 2007

• danidanado profile photo danidanado
  • Reviews: 1

Green Mango Inn: Convenient Manila Accomodations

Described as convenient to the airports and it is. Also very pretty location with a garden setting. We stayed for three nights,and enjoyed our stay.

Staff were terrific in every way. Free internet. Maps. Advise on how to get to downtown etc.

• Related to: Beaches, Food and Dining, Beer Tasting
  • Written February 12, 2009

• planxty profile photo planxty
  • Reviews: 1876

Where2next Hostel: Cheap, clean and central

I was looking for somewhere cheap and fairly central for my last two nights in the Philippines and came upon this place through my preferred hostel search engine. It had pretty good reviews and I intend to add to that here as it really was rather good for the money.

The premises are on the upper floors above a Korean restaurant and here lies a small problem. The stairs are pretty steep and it was tough enough to hump my fairly light luggage up it. Not too much opf a problem in itself but unfortunately this place would be totally unsuitable to travellers with mobility problems.

Having negotiated the North face of Adriatico I was confronted with the reception desk where an extremely friendly young lady, who spoke flawless English, checked me in very quickly, issued me with bedding (there is a small deposit on this) and showed me to my bedspace. There appear to be two dorms here which are unisex if that is a consideration although it doesn't bother me. The dorm room had a male and a female bathroom, although that distinction seemed not to be adhered to very much. It was also spotless, as is the whole premises, the image gives some idea. There are small lockers for valuables but you need to bring your own padlock. There are also larger lockers available for rent should you need to stow your kit for a day.

I had a look round the communal area which consists of a TV room with a huge flat TV and some comfy seating. There is also a kitchen where you are invited to help yourself to tea or coffee at any time. This is also where the staff put together the complimentary breakfast which is basically a "continental" affair with bread, cheese, spreads, peanut butter etc. There is also free wifi throughout the premises should you need to check your VT account!

I paid 450 pesos for a Saturday night in July and 550 pesos for the Sunday.

Where2next is located on Adriatico which is a very popular nightlife area and there is more than enough to do in the evenings. There are also numerous very good eating options nearby.

Certainly, it is a hostel with the attendant problems of being awoken by loud and inconsiderate young fellow guests but that is no fault of what is no fault of what is an excellent hostel in a very good location.

Incidentally, apologies for the image which is rotated through 90 degrees. I could not manage to rotate it back but decided to include it to give an impression of the bathroom facilities.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written July 21, 2012
Tip Photo

Where2next Hostel, Manila, Philippines.

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful