M Adriatico corner Gen Malvar St, Malate, Manila, Luzon, 1004, Philippines

Expedia.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• Yes,yes yes can mean no,no,no

Interesting...
    Sometimes ,yes, yes, yes, means no ,no ,no. --Very disappointed with staffs English skills. All are extremely polite,however you really really need to verify your request-not to be disappointed. Especially if you use hotel transportaion.Smile... Their transport, however is safer and cheaper than a cab. You are their guest, so they do not want to lose you...where the cab triver may not care!!! If there are any communication issues, they really, really try to make up for it, as they are service driven. I give them credit for that. All staff,very professional.

We stayed 4 days and 3 nights. The rates are pricey, but worth it. They really look after you. Check the local web site for the hotel. We found different offers than on the Pan Pacific Site.The butler service is an overstatement,however...It's not like you have the same person,tending to you you the whole stay.

Wonderful day tours available. Seat -In-Coach Tours.-Worth the pricing, because they screen the companies. We loved the Manila City tour. Again , worth the cost to feel safe, comfortable and looked after. Very good English speaking, Filipino tour guide.

Excellent full body massages in room available. Worth every cent!

-Once we checked out, we did some of the sites they recommended- Taygaytay-Taal,Villa Escudero, Hidden Valley Springs, Makati,etc...Also Green Hills shopping,discount pearls, pearls, pearls...pearls, and handicrafts, better than the depart. stores.--Duty free shopping... Don't miss Bagiuo.-Normas,Strawberry Farm, woven goods, open markets and Best Rest. Forest House-food and views-excellent!

Do not use the internet from the room or phone. Costs too much! Bring your old cell phone,have your company unlock it for overseas use. Buy a SIM card and minutes in the PI. We gave the phone to a local when we left. It was an old phone that we had no use for at home.
    -Internet costs too much in hotel business center. Walk 1 block for 28 pesos for an hour, not 300 pesos for an hour.

Lobby, decor very upscale, compared to the rest of our 30 day Philippines trip. Loved the atmosphere! I would recommend this hotel. I would use them again. Recommend for couples or older adults. I would not stay there, if I had small children.

Unique Quality: Dining -above average service,compared to rest of trip. Excellent food quality and variety of foods on breakfast buffet. Food hot, unlike much of the trip Some room packages come w/ breakfast included. Cheaper to book room w/ breakfast included ,than to pay at hotel. Beautiful veiws of city and Manila Bay, from the 21st floor. Romantic gazebo dining on Wed . and Fri. nights, on the rooftop. Must make reservations in advance to get gazebo.. 5 course meal w/ fixed price. Choice of selections, individual waiters. Service was above average.

Room- very, very clean. Sanitation never an issue. Interesting decor-unique...Air conditioning-met expectations by American standards. In some other hotels, the aircon barely cooled like an old fan.

Pool-clean, well landscapeded. Bar outside/ pool attendant quite attentive. They make you feel very comfortable and are very service oriented.

SECURITY VERY, VERY GOOD! I would say-OUTSTANDING!Outside and inside. I felt safe. This was my 1st time to the Philippines. Hotel secuity even, escorted me to the money changer across the street.

Hotel is in a building that has some eating establishments, travel agent,salons, gym, etc on upper floors -easy access from hotel. Free use of modern gym. Not dissappointed!

• sigpro229's Profile Photo

Great room in Malate

I would give this hotel a rating of 4 out of a possible 5. I arrived at the Pan Pacific on September 9, 2006. The hotel is located in Malate a few blocks from Remedios Circle. My first impression, from the taxi, was, “oh, is this it?” My mind was put as ease upon walking inside. Albeit not huge, the lobby was beautiful.

The room itself is great. It had ample room to work, nice beds, and great bedding. The TV seemed a little small, at about 19 inches, but there were a good selection of channels. The bathroom was excellent. It had everything one would need while being beautiful to look at. The separate shower had strong water pressure and maintained the same temperature throughout my long shower.

Security was okay, but I made the metal detector glow like a Christmas tree and was never stopped. Another problem I had was with the elevators. There were only three elevators for a 20+ story hotel. Add to that the fact that they didn’t always seem to work.

Included in my $66/night, including tax, was a breakfast buffet for two. Breakfast is served on the top floor with a view of the Manila Bay and Malate. The selection was good while tasting great to boot.

Personal customer service interaction was excellent, as is Pilipino tradition. That is not to say they do not have anything to improve on. Pan Pacific touts it’s butler service and true to form all employees are dressed as butlers. However, the one request I made, three times, was unfulfilled. As it was rainy season, I asked for an Umbrella. I was told that they were all taken. Having stayed at other high end Manila hotels, I’ve never had a problem getting an Umbrella during rainy season.

All in all, I would definately stay here again, if I had to stay around Malate.

Unique Quality: A great view of Manila Bay and Malate from the breakfast buffet on the top floor.

• KookieDough's Profile Photo

Pampering at Pan Pacific

My husband surprised me during my birthday with an overnight stay at one of their rooms with its own jacuzzi.

Dining at Pan Pacific was also good. We had cocktails and breakfast buffet at the Pacific Lounge, which has large window panels all around and gave us a great view of the city.

We have stayed here at least a couple of times already and would book this hotel again.

Unique Quality: I really like hotels built with really nice bathrooms and not like they simply put in bathrooms just for the sake of having them in all the rooms. So far, the rooms I have been in Pan Pacific have spacious and nice bathrooms. The details and add-ons make the difference. While soaking in the tub, you can enjoy your favorite program on the TV installed in the bathroom. The sink counter also has a magnifying mirror, which is useful particularly for women when applying makeup, etc.

Housekeeping crew are courteous and efficient.

• Good Downtown Hotel

The hotel is the best in the old area of the real Manila City. It is close to the US Embassy and Roxas Blvd. but not convienient for people wanting to be close to the Makati business dristrict. The hotel is new and the rooms are in line with other very nice 4/5 star hotels. The hotel touts its butler service but I didn't see that they did any more than the front desk staff of any high end hotel. Security appears good which is a must in Manila. The food court was slowly dying when I was there but is a good idea if they can get more shalls to move back in. All in all what one would expect from a good four star hotel. It is within walking distance of the old Mabini strip district but for better or worse the bars are long gone, moved to Makati.

Unique Quality: The food court is a good idea and would be a nice alternative to a restaurant dinner but it was almost empty when I was there.

Directions: Ermita district of the actual (vice Metro) City of Manila.

• DeAngel79's Profile Photo

Lots of respect

This hotel is a very nice place, upon arrival the security makes you feel safe before entering the building. There are two K9 personel walking the premise's at all times, many different other security personal. All of the staff are very helpful and accomadating, The room was large and comfy feeling made me feel at home. The tv signal is not that great there seems to be alot of interception like background noise. My room hade a smell that I am still not sure what it was but did not disturb me. I had the room with breakfast buffet and it was worth it, they did a good job and had a nice spread of foods, and the veiw is nice and they have a pretty garden with waterfall that you can just sit back and relax at. Everyone always greets you with Mr. and Mrs.....name. It was a little pricey for me I tried to get a deal since I was staying for more than ten days but they did not give me a break, I would stay here again.

Unique Quality: The butler service, it is like a maid but they do go out of there way to see that you are completely happy and have all your needs met.

• Luxury at a Budget price

He had three stop over stays in Manila in March, 2005, two of them at the Pan Pacific. We got an executive room for $81 US taxes incl. through an online agency, which was a fantastic bargain as the rack rates are close to $300 US.

Unique Quality: This hotel would rate 4.5 stars by Norh American standards. Excellent pool, fitness centre and rooms. Good dining options in the entertainment centre attached to the hotel. One day we had the entire 21st floor Pacific Lounge to ourselves for the early evening cocktail hour. Lovely hors d'euvres buffet was all ours for about $10 US each - the bargain of our trip. Sushi, smoked salmon, satays, cheese selections, pizzas, etc, etc. Plus great views of the city.

Comments