Paragon Tower Hotel

531 A Flores St., Ermita, Manila, Philippines
Paragon Tower Hotel
Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

More about Paragon Tower Hotel

on our way to the LRT station on 5th ave caloocanon our way to the LRT station on 5th ave caloocan

Lake Taal panorama viewLake Taal panorama view

Daughter celebrating my birthday with me, ManilaDaughter celebrating my birthday with me, Manila

Don't worry you're not being kidnappedDon't worry you're not being kidnapped

Cheap Hotels Near Manila Baywalk

by jlee1385

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone knows a cheap hotel near the baywalk. Our budget is 1300-1500 per night. Already tried Iseya the last time but we wan't to try a different one this time so that we can choose which one to go everytime we want to go to the baywalk and stay at that hotel overnight. Help please!

Thank you!

by SirHalberd

Here is a suggestion, the Paragon Tower Hotel, 531 A. Flores St. Not far from United Nations and almost on the corner with Jorge Bocobo. Soriente Hotel is next door (cheaper but less fancy.)

Several hotel suggestions in this same area on previous posts - Manila Forum.

by ajmacnab

The best hotel for that kind of price is the Executive Plaza Hotel...two blocks off from the Baywalk across from the Hyatt Casino and Hotel. I am pretty picky and would rather stay in a 5-star hotel but this is the cleanest hotel for the price they offer.Only around the corner from the laundry mat and internet cafe.I use www.asiatravel.com and they have the best prices for the Phils. It might be a bit more than 1500 pesos a night but not by much.

by Judithdistal

Natividad Pension, m.h. del Pilar st. Malate, is just one road away from the Roxas Blvd (Baywalk). It's a very well know backpackers place and very clean, friendly, maintained, save. And not just Backpackers stay there! Their Air-con rooms with private bath are P1,200. They don't have TV's and no Beer, but the store is just around the corner. I been staying there since 13 years and always very satisfied. They only accept telephone bookings Tel.+63 2-5210524 so that they get to know the guest a little.

by saitiara

Try Orchid garde Hotel.

by SirHalberd

Couple more you can check on.

Duck Inn Bar and Hotel, 1207 Del Pilar Street. Ermita. Starting from around P1100 per night with air, hot water cable TV, safe in room too!
Email to them: duckinmanila@hotmail.com, best to book ahead of time.

Stone House B&B, 1529 A. Mabini Street, Ermita. They have some cheap fan only rooms with shared toilet starting at P500. Better air conditioned rooms start at P1000. Air Con rooms have hot water, private toilet, TV, no closet space or place to hang clothes, next Air Con room at P1100 includes closet.
Email: stonehouse_apt@yahoo.com. Helpful staff, newer internet shop next door, Seven Eleven store across the street. (There are 2 Stone House hotels, the other one is in Quezon City and is the photo that often comes up on the net. Mabini location is okay though!

Hal

by johannlucas

log on to hastravel.com to see the HOTEL'S with the lowest accomodations near BAYWALK...

Travel Tips for Manila

Go South and see the Bamboo...

by domido_99

Go South and see the Bamboo Organ.
Enter a jeepney.
Use the LRT. The wonderful sunset on Manila Bay at about 5 pm.
It's spectacular and colorful.
I took pictures of it and I can't stop watching it!

A Spur of the Moment Decision

by keeweechic

My sudden visit to the Philippines turned out to be most enjoyable. I found the people very friendly. Even the security guards that were posted outside shop frontages were all pleasant in their greetings.

I had a bit of a scary thing happen one day when I was out wandering. In a shop, a young boy (maybe 15) asked me if I was married. I was startled but said I was (safer I thought). When I left the shop, I didn't realise it but he was following me. I got to a street corner and I felt this hand on my wrist. Startled I immediately thought he was taking my watch. The young man took his hand off my wrist and gestured to the watch. I decided that he may have been a little retarded so I didn't panic and said 'NO'. The next corner the same thing happened and he was really trying hard I think to ask if he could have my watch. Again I said 'NO' and told him firmly not to do that again. I guess in hindsight I was taking a gamble but it didn't feel so. Not much further on he just disappeared into a house and that was the end of it.
. Probably one of the things that I remember concerning the people was, just around the corner from the hotel where I was staying, there was a little local restaurant that I decided to go and try. I sat down by myself and people were coming and going with take out. An old man came up to me and asked if he could sit down, his friends sat at a nearby table. He started asking about where I came from and told me he was a money changer in Manila. We actually had a lovely conversation and when I was finished with my meal, said goodbye and went back to my hotel.

While there is obviously need for caution with the poverty in Manila and all that brings about, it unfortunately makes us a little hesitant to be on guard all the time and maybe miss little things like simple curiosity and friendliness.

Malling. Manila is one super...

by D._Pepper

Malling. Manila is one super mall after another. One of the biggest - if not the biggest - is SM Megamall on EDSA in Ortigas Center. You can spend a whole day inside Megamall without wanting to leave it, nor needing to. It has hundreds of specialty shops, restaurants, cinemas, art galleries, medical and dental clinics, name it, you'll probably find it - inside Megamall. Wear comfortable walking shoes.

Megamall is the white building complex shown in the photo - Buildings A & B. San Miguel (the beer) Corporation is headquartered in the building shown in the foreground, and another huge mall - the Robinson's Galleria - is about two big blocks past the twin towers you see in the background.

Romana's Peanut Brittle

by machomikemd

Prepared from the finest natural ingredients rich in vitamins, minerals and protein-rich choice peanuts, real fresh butter, refined cane sugar and corn syrup. Goes well with coffee, tea, juice and even ice cream!

Brittles are confections, usually very hard and brittle, made of caramel, or near-caramel sugar syrup, and nuts. Peanut brittle is one of the numerous varieties of nut brittles, which consist of flat broken pieces of hard sugar candy mixed with nuts.

A mixture of sugar and water is heated to the hard crack stage corresponding to a temperature of around 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Peanuts are mixed with the caramelized sugar. At this point spices, leavening agents, and often peanut butter or butter are added. The hot candy is poured out onto a flat surface for cooling, traditionally a granite or marble slab. The hot candy may be troweled to uniform thickness. When the brittle cools, it is broken into pieces.

Romana's have some of the yummiest peanut brittle I have ever tasted. Finely chopped peanuts in a delicious wafer thin caramel and flavored with just a touch of butter that is cut and expertly packed into cylindrical plastic bottles and sell for 90 Pesos ( 2..2 US$) for 800grams… what a deal!

Bring some light Clothes!

by yen_2

The place is quite cheap so, bring a small luggage for you so that when returning home you can pack some souveneirs and bring along a small pouch bag for you cosmetics so that you won't rather need the big one.

The Philippines is hot and humid throughout the year, though thanks to its massive coastline constant sea breezes somewhat temper the climate. Seasons can be roughly divided into the cool and dry season from November to February, hot and dry from March to May, and hot and wet from June to October. January is usually the coolest month with an average temperature of 78 Fahrenheit (25.5 Celsius), while May is the hottest at 83 Fahrenheit (28 Celsius). Rainfall varies, but some precipitation occurs most of the year-round. Beware of typhoons between May and November. Bring a pair of shoes, you might need this one specially when getting to an Island excursion.

Bring with you always the tissue specially for us ladies in going to public toilets since they don't provide a free tissue for you better have one extra. If you'll going to a country side tours bring some medical supplies for any incidents.

A small digi cam would be great.

Comments