#2 of 158 hotels in Manila

Tags

Luxury Travel Spa and Resort Family Travel
See Amenities

terrible customer handling management

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 8, 2012

Stay was ok.

The worst part is if you are a member, you get to be passed around until you get a NO! worse they are not even mature enough to see where you are coming from, meaning they are the type of Hotel that does not listen much to concerns as they wanted to show who they are not how they approach and treat each hotel member's concerns.

I could stay in a Hotel so long as the all the things I like are ok but if the Customer handling is the issue, I guess this would be very hard to carry on your shoulders...When you lose your faith in a Hotel, it's quite difficult to recover...the only way they will be able to understand is for the Hotel to learn to "LISTEN", then "ADAPT", then "APPLY"... unless the management are in parallel to "blind leading a blind"...

Unique Quality: will save my comment...

Directions: corners of one sided customer handling sts and un receptive ave. and foreign driven ave. MAKATI

Jousy's Profile Photo

Fabulous!

by written on September 6, 2011

This is no doubt the place to be! The lobby is fantastic, grand and nice. Of course it comes with the price! But the hotel is comfortable and service is great. The location is not bad, but if you want to go to the nearby Greenbelt for shopping -- you better walk as the traffic in Manila is not the best! It is quite a walk to green belt shopping malls as compared to the other hotel like New World.

Oasis of tranquility

by written on February 4, 2006

Stayed Feb 2006.

Positive points

Fantastic breakfast - best I've experienced in Asia
FREE BROADBAND IN ALL ROOMS - they provide LAN cable for free
Very friendly and helpful staff
Very close to Glorietta shopping complex
10 min walk to P Burgos street
Great rates available on the internet
High security - and they have a system whereby they can tell at reception if you accidentally leave your door open, and they call you to let you know.
I saw both the President of India and Imelda Marcos in the lobby in the 3 days I stayed there!

Negative points

None I can think of

ms_obvious's Profile Photo

I recommend the Penisula

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 1, 2006

I am a American and was traveling by myself. I felt safe at this hotel. And I loved the massages for $15 USD and the inexpensive manicures in the salon. I recommend calling the hotel and arranging for their Mercedes to pick you up at the airport. They had cool towels for me to freshen up with after a long flight from Europe.

Your Vacation has a Dress Code

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 28, 2005

The Peninsula is a more than welcome, quiet reprieve from the chaos that is Manila. No scene here. Just lots of old folks caught up in their own brand of pretense.

Unique Quality: Great full service spa, ridiculously delicious breakfast, great water pressure, salon located in the basement, charming pool, merchants come in daily to sell local art and handicrafts on the mezzanine terrace, and wireless broadband available in the lobby, business center and pool areas. Very good restaurants from which you can order in room service.

Directions: Makati

Wild_Orchid's Profile Photo

The Gracious & Dignified Lady of Makati City

by written on July 28, 2004

The most luxurious hotel room I've ever had the pleasure to stay at. Beautiful & well-appointed rooms, and magnificent bathroom. Full set of toiletries, fluffy bathrobes, high-quality white bedlinen. Luxurious lobby area and atrium filled with flowers galore. Staff are very polite and helpful. The spa, swimming pool and gym were perfect for relaxation between business meetings. Free internet connection (bring your own notebook and just plug it in-you can even ask for a cable if you did not bring one)

Unique Quality: Large, luxurious and beautiful room and bathroom.
The spa had the hottest and also the coldest plunge pools I've ever encountered - awaken your senses by dipping in the super hot pool, followed by a quick plunge in the icy cold pool. Alternate between the hot and cold, if you dare! The lobby is always a hive of activity where locals and business travellers meet at all hours, but rooms are still quiet.
Highly recommended for the business traveller.

Footnote: There is a uniformed butler all dressed in white on every floor. He provides security and service to you & is at your beck and call.

Directions: Corner of Ayala and Makati Avenues, within walking distance of the trendy Greenbelt area (nightspots and restaurants) and also nearby the shopping mecca of Glorietta, Rustams and ShoeMart.

namiewa's Profile Photo

ALL

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 11, 2004

The hotel's exceptional facilities and high standard of service, combined with the traditional Peninsula hospitality, create a unique sense of comfort that will suit the needs of the most discerning visitor to Manila.

Unique Quality: Elegantly furnished in classic style, The Peninsula Manila's 498 rooms and suites provide modern, technologically advanced conveniences, including complimentary broadband Internet access for all hotel guests. The Club Floor has been designed with the needs of business travelers in mind and offers an exclusive Club Lounge, serving complimentary continental breakfast, afternoon tea, and cocktails, as well as a boardroom, Business Center, and Butler service.

Directions: Corner of Ayala and Makati Avenues

schnaider's Profile Photo

by written on November 16, 2003

Actualy i didnt stay there, just on my dreams :), but it was by far the most amazing hotel in the area!
Ok, i went to a wonderful wedding party there! :)

Unique Quality: Located in the heart of Makati, Manila's business and financial district and premier shopping facilities.

Directions: Near Glorietta mall

LoneSiren's Profile Photo

The Pen

by written on December 6, 2002

One of the best hotel in makati. Nice, elegant, huge lobby housing many of the best fine dining restaurant/bar around the metropolis.

Wonderfule pool, nice, professional staff, spa, gym and other perks. Oh and free fruits in the room. Hehehehehe.

Unique Quality: Nothing specifically unique that you wouldn't see from shangrila or the mandarin. Maybe except the free fruit that goes with room :)

Directions: Just right in front of 6750/Glorrietta. You wont miss it.

Whe visiting Manila, the best...

by written on September 8, 2002

Whe visiting Manila, the best and nicest hotel that I can recommend is the Shangrila Hotel(expensive and luxurios hotel), Mandarin Oriental( buffet breakfast is fabulous!), Manila Peninsula(they have one of the nicest lobby), the Oakwood Premiere Residence(if you like to have your own little kitchen, small living room, this is for studio type. They also have 1 bedroom and bigger suites and the best in this place is that this is located in the Glorrietta 4 called as the towers!), Dusit Hotel( next to the Glorrietta) and BSA MAnsions (near in the Greenbelt, a nice mall also) of course I've already tried this hotels with my hubby,lol;-) but it's a little bit of expensive and it'a always worth a try, so, try some hostels and inns,,the place offer alot of this one.

Unique Quality:
The photo shows a Nipa Hut, traditional hose for us Filipinos, it's very cold lying around with this hut,if you would like to try then you have to be in the countryside tours since it's not available in the big city.

syllybabe's Profile Photo

by written on August 26, 2002

Unique Quality: Across the street from shopping, of course! You'll be right in the heart of the Makati business district, too. The lobby is known for its yummy ice cream and is a favorite hang out after a late night at the bars. They have the best buffet spreads for breakfast.

Directions: Across the street from the Makati Shangrila

fonares's Profile Photo

The Peninsula in Makati

by written on August 25, 2002

Around $200 a night.

Unique Quality: From the same chain as the one in HongKong, as luxurious and probably the best hotel in town. It is also located in the clean, modern and quiet area of Manila. The lobby is just huge.

GlobalTrotter2013 Feb 13, 2013 at 8:32 AM

Terrible Service; Bogus Php8,500 Manila Peninsula Membership Fee!!!!!

People beware!!!

I am sharing our terrible experience with Manila Peninsula so everybody will be aware how terrible and what money making scheme it seems they have right now. In July 2012, we availed of the Peninsula Manila membership, not because we are dying to have it but due to unrelenting texts and calls of Peninsula agents even at night. Yeah, the name is Mel De Leon, 09178965859. They are that inconsiderate when marketing calling you even at night time. Back to the membership thing, we received the full membership letter and cards and coupons in a modest envelope. The envelope contains a letter signed by a certain Sonja F. Vodusek, General Manager of Manila Peninsula. The card membership looks modest too, which has silver markings on a black background. The Membership booklet contains coupons to be claimed, among others, the ONE NIGHT ACCOMMODATION IN A SUPERIOR ROOM.

Here comes the bitter part. Last mid November 2012, we tried to book the room ahead via telephone as required by them as printed in the booklet. We were assisted by an attendant but told us that the hotel booking is full for our date. So we suggest another date and again the attendant replied that the hotel booking is full for that date, again. However, the attendant assured me that she will find a way and that SHE WILL CALL ME AGAIN SOONEST WITHIN THE DAY TO CONFIRM IF THE BOOKING PUSHED THROUGH. Hearing her assurance that she will call me, I said okay and waited promptly. Unfortunately, I waited the whole day and I did not received a word from them again. I was practically waiting for nothing!I tried calling again but they have no answer whether the booking pushed through or not. I felt exasperated.

Next week came, I tried booking again for the holiday season only to find to my horror and great dismay when the attendant told me that the our free room is already forfeited for not showing up! I was fuming with madness and replied that it was not our fault since I waited for their promised call the whole day and I followed up but they did not confirm anything. How can a supposedly 5-star hotel treat us like that? After taking our payment of P8,500 in advance, the hotel now treats us like garbage. I feel sorry for ourselves. We are long time customers of Sofitel and Shangri La and we have never experienced anything like this.

How can such a 5-star hotel behave like that? Totally terrible. I have tried reaching them out and caling them but they avoid answering the phone. By the way, they have caller ID so they know if you are the same caller. I will just think that I gave my P8,500 to the poor. Or donated to the corrupts at the Manila Peninsula. Or maybe a Peninsula employee has taken our room. Who knows what could have happened that night? We are just thankful that we stayed in our home and was kept safe. May God forgive you and may God have mercy on your souls.

Nearby The Peninsula Manila

• Peninsula Makati
  • Manila Peninsula
  • Peninsula Hotel Makati
  • The Peninsula Manila Hotel Makati

Address: Corner of Ayala and Makati Avenues, Makati City, Manila, Luzon, 1226, Philippines

8 Photos of The Peninsula Manila

• Spa
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Manila Travel Forum

Need advice about Manila, Philippines? Visit the Travel Forum for Manila and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Manila hotel reviews

Shopping and Malling
Parks
In the Visayas
Off The Beaten Path
Just outside Metro Manila...
City of Dreams Manila
Boy Scouts Cenotaph
Solaire Resort's New Sky Tower
Famous America Taco Brand
Restaurants
Rizal Park ( formerly Luneta Park )
Things to Do
Largest Mall in the Philippines (at Present)
Shopping
Manila Travel Safety
Warnings and Dangers
Main Dining Area of Formerly Hyatt Manila
Restaurants
Money changer inside the mall
Excellent coffee.