Bagobo House Hotel

Iluv2surf2's Profile Photo

Bogobo House Hotel

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 15, 2005

Our last trip to the Philippines we stayed at the Bogobo House Hotel. For as much time we spent there it was OK. It's proximity to shopping, restaurants, and my wife's old boarding house at Dories Food Stuffs (which used to be located at 249 San Pedro St.) where she still has friends living, made it convenient for us.

The Bogobo House Hotel is close to about everything you'll need if you're staying in Davao City. Gaisano Mall is an EXCELLENT place to shop. They have an excellent variety of shopping selections, a movie theater and a good food court. The Bogobo House is about a 2 minute walk to Gaisano Mall.

Room prices at the Bogobo House Hotel are very affordable. We were there for 3 weeks and they were willing to negotiate a little on price. I'm very practical and a realist. I don't need the most expensive place with posh surroundings to call home. I'm there long enough to sleep and shower so why should I waste my money on athmosphere when I can absorb more of the culture and spend more of my money on things I want instead of a hotel room? It's secure, clean, close to many things and a great value.

Unique Quality: The accommodations are modest, but for all you use it for, sleeping, a shower and keeping your "stuff" someplace reasonably secure, it's OK. One GREAT sevice they offer is laundry. If you need anything laundered they'll do it at a very reasonable cost, and it's ready in about a day! We tend to pack only the minimum because we can maximize what we take and because we buy so much there to bring home. The service is well worth it.

The house staff is very friendly and courteous. But they just doesn't get it about bringing coffee to your room. It's never hot enough and never enough. On my Third trip there, I decided to take matters into my own hands. I brought a couple of pounds of ground Starbucks coffee with me and bought a coffee maker. I finally had good, hot coffee!

The housekeeping staff is friendly & courteous and the rooms are clean and well kept. Whenever you return after a few hours, they always have the air conditioning turned up to high for my liking. In other words, it was to hot for me because I want a wall of cold air to hit me, but it never happened.

Despite my unique expectations, it really is an OK place to stay.

They also offer Wi-Fi for your laptop in their lobby when you buy access 1 hour for 100PhP. One improvement would be to make it available in the rooms.

There is adequate security for protection, so it is worthwhile to have the peace of mind that you'll be safe there.

Directions: This hotel is within walking distance to Gaisano Mall and many restaurant choices.

Nearby Bagobo House Hotel

• Room Service
  • Free Parking
  • Free High Speed Internet

Davao Travel Forum

Need advice about Davao, Philippines? Visit the Travel Forum for Davao and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Davao hotel reviews

Explore Deeper into Davao
Malagos Water District
Walk around and breathe fresh air at Jack's Ridge
Things to Do
Get your adrenaline rush at Maxima
Eat Durian
Relax at Blue Waters Resort
Nature trip at Hagimit falls
Golf in Davao
Sports & Outdoors
Seafood (other than grilled)
Fine Dining in Davao
Local Twist to Coffee
Feast on the lights
Beach Resort from Downtown Davao an Hour Away
Things to Do
Best Native Chicken Barbecue and Lechon in Town!
Come to Paradise Island Park and Beach Resort
Around Eden Nature Park
Eden Nature Park
Things to Do
Malagos Garden Resort (butterfly farm)
Malagos Garden Resort
Things to Do
Malagos Garden & Resort (Bird Feeding and Aviary)
Pearl Farm Resort
Stroll Around Waterfront Hotel Davao
Sul Orchid Farm
Chinatown
Shop
White Water Rafting
Things to Do
Crocodile farm (other animals)
Crocodile Farm (part 1)
Things to Do
Crocodile Farm (Birds Galore)
Riverfront Complex
Durian Hopia
Local Customs
Beef Chicharon (beef cracklings)
Durian Jam
Durian Pastillas and Macaroons
Durian Chocolates
Durian Yema Candy
Durian Candy
Durian Pie
Davao Coffees
Local Customs
Nenita Pomelo (Mini Bread Fruit)
Pomelo (Bread Fruit)