Gov. Duterte St., Davao, 8000, Philippines

Agoda.com Booking.com

• Iluv2surf2's Profile Photo

Bogobo House Hotel

Our last trip to the Philippines we stayed at the Bogobo House Hotel. For as much time we spent there it was OK. It's proximity to shopping, restaurants, and my wife's old boarding house at Dories Food Stuffs (which used to be located at 249 San Pedro St.) where she still has friends living, made it convenient for us.

The Bogobo House Hotel is close to about everything you'll need if you're staying in Davao City. Gaisano Mall is an EXCELLENT place to shop. They have an excellent variety of shopping selections, a movie theater and a good food court. The Bogobo House is about a 2 minute walk to Gaisano Mall.

Room prices at the Bogobo House Hotel are very affordable. We were there for 3 weeks and they were willing to negotiate a little on price. I'm very practical and a realist. I don't need the most expensive place with posh surroundings to call home. I'm there long enough to sleep and shower so why should I waste my money on athmosphere when I can absorb more of the culture and spend more of my money on things I want instead of a hotel room? It's secure, clean, close to many things and a great value.

Unique Quality: The accommodations are modest, but for all you use it for, sleeping, a shower and keeping your "stuff" someplace reasonably secure, it's OK. One GREAT sevice they offer is laundry. If you need anything laundered they'll do it at a very reasonable cost, and it's ready in about a day! We tend to pack only the minimum because we can maximize what we take and because we buy so much there to bring home. The service is well worth it.

The house staff is very friendly and courteous. But they just doesn't get it about bringing coffee to your room. It's never hot enough and never enough. On my Third trip there, I decided to take matters into my own hands. I brought a couple of pounds of ground Starbucks coffee with me and bought a coffee maker. I finally had good, hot coffee!

The housekeeping staff is friendly & courteous and the rooms are clean and well kept. Whenever you return after a few hours, they always have the air conditioning turned up to high for my liking. In other words, it was to hot for me because I want a wall of cold air to hit me, but it never happened.

Despite my unique expectations, it really is an OK place to stay.

They also offer Wi-Fi for your laptop in their lobby when you buy access 1 hour for 100PhP. One improvement would be to make it available in the rooms.

There is adequate security for protection, so it is worthwhile to have the peace of mind that you'll be safe there.

Directions: This hotel is within walking distance to Gaisano Mall and many restaurant choices.

Comments