Hotel Maguindanao

Bank SecurityBank Security

Reception room at Apo ViewReception room at Apo View

New Year CountdownNew Year Countdown

Gaisano mall of DavaoGaisano mall of Davao

Pearl Farm or Paradise Island?

by cruelsan

Staying in Samal for only one night...wants to make the most of it...

If price is not an issue, which one is a better option: pearl farm or paradise island?

by PinoyTraveler

depends on what life you want to live for the night. PF is luxurious, PI is not far but cheaper. unless you are with a "special someone" why not you just spend the night in the city and take PF and/or PI as a day tour? just a thought hehe!

by monina_c

I've gone to both and I prefer Pearl Farm. :)

@ Pinoy traveler - I am travelling with a special someone :D

My only issues about Pearl Farm is they don't seem to offer the "regular" island hopping package - they do rent out cruise boats or rig boats but prices are steep! and I saw the map, PF is far from the other places I want to see in Samal.
But I DO REALLY wanna go to PF. Looks like I will have to forego the Island hopping adventure :(

@ PT and monins, thanks for your replies, btw :)

by olitrac

san,

go both and also the island hopping..but since there are only both of you, its more likely to be expensive. as vt pinoy traveller has said, PT is luxurious but the price is nothing if you are with your special someone.

i already sent you an e-mail regarding your queries with regards to your two posting.

happy travels..!

oh no!
I've already booked the rest of our stay at Crown Regency, so it only leaves me 1 day and night in Samal :(
Guess I need to go back to Davao then to check out PI? :)

by monina_c

:) Yehey! Kuya Carlito looks like we have another Davao returnee!
Sansan one trip is not enough to get the feel of Davao. Every trip will give you a whole new experience, right Kuya?

by cruelsan

Oh shucks! Fine, I will stop trying to squeeze in all the places in our first visit...so I have a reason to return! :D

that's the spirit!!!

by olitrac

yes san, monina is right.. you can not feel davao in just a few days.. you have to try zip lining at camp sabros (the longest in asia) located in kapatagan davao del sur and the white water rafting.

btw you can stay at PT for one night and have a day tour at PI the following day or in another day if you are planning to go to other places. day tour in PI is 100.00 only around 20 minutes travel time, boat ride is 15.00 PAX.

by diego34

between the two, i would go to paradise. depending on what your looking for, i would stay on fridays or saturdays. usually they party there.

by sanggano

so, which resort did you stay in, cruelsan? did you write a review?

by cruelsan

oh no, no reviews yet...going this august :)

by Akreepatsy

we are going to pearl farm this september and we are most probably going to eat three meals there.. may i ask for the food rates? i want to know beforehand so as not to shock my companions after our first meal, hehehe!

thanks

Travel Tips for Davao

Mt. Apo

by Iluv2surf2

I experienced something very unexpected was one morning when we were outside the Giasano Mall prior to opening as we were exiting the parking/dropoff area. From this location before the clouds fill the sky, you can get a clear view of Mt. Apo, Davao's volcano.

This picture with Mt. Apo in the background was taken near Gaisanno Mall. It's a little hard to see, but it's there. I took it in the morning just before the clouds covered the peak.

Volcanos facinate me, yet I have never been to Mt. Apo. It's because it's one of those unsecured areas you have to exercise good judgement and common sense about. Nobody I spoke with has any idea when the last time Mt. Apo erupted. Very little information even on line is available about the eruption history of Mt. Apo. Being in the ring of fire I imagine it could be any time since some erupt after 500-1000 years of dormancy.

There is little reliable printed information available about when the last time Mt. Apo erupted. Nobody seems to know. There is a great amount of seismic activity in the area and on the island, so my guess is that it is not extinct. I understand there natural "saunas" or hot springs you can visit to bathe in and enjoy that is tied in with Mt. Apo. That would suggest some degree of molten lava near the surface. I understand that these "spas" are not secure and could pose some security issues for Americans and others visiting there. The beauty of this volcanic mountain from the air is breath taking.

No tipping here....Great !!!!

by swillieboy

I was concerned on what to tip here..but no one tips.. I watched carefully the locals as they got their change for meals.Even when we did, the waiter said he couldn`t take it unless we placed it in his pocket for fear of getting fired for stealing. I did usually let the taxi drivers keep the change because most ries were a dollar or less.

Day Spa

by Iluv2surf2

We had the opportunity to meet the owner/operator of an outdoor day spa in Davao. We were unable to go there, but based on what we know & who they know, it must be a quality operation.

This was a couple & their family we met while visiting a friend's private beach & beach house. The husband is Regis Pelletier & his wife Malou. They had their daughter, her yaya and the friend of the yaya with them.

Our Philippine Wedding

by Iluv2surf2

Living in the Philippines is so much more affordable than the USA. For those of you not familiar with the custom/practice is that the groom pays for it all, unlike the bride here in the USA. Guys I can hear you complaining, but I can assure you, she's worth it! It's a small price to pay for your happiness!

Our wedding, cost a few thousand dollars. Evelyn's dress was $1200, which was a big part of the cost. Compare that to costs here. Overall i was a very good deal.

Jack's Ridge

by Mayonie

Jack's Ridge
perched on a ridge overlooking the city, spectacular view of the city lights at night. Adjacent to the restaurant is Kai's, a bar featuring live bands almost nightly and Karlo's Coffee Station, a lovely coffee shop with an outdoor area with superb view of the city. grilled specials- spare ribs, chicken, etc

Comments