Davao Hotels

Our Members Say

• yellowbell profile photo yellowbell
  • Reviews: 327

BS Inn: Clean and Conveniently Located Inn

4-storey inn (with elevator) that's located near a market, church and ATMs.
The inn looks newly-restored because all the rooms were newly-painted and well-lighted.

Our host paid for our accommodation but the rooms are reasonably priced. P650 for double room.

It has a Chinese restaurant on the 5/F or the roof garden.
Phone inside the room and they don't charge you for local calls.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written March 23, 2006

• eversure profile photo eversure
  • Reviews: 98

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Eden nature Resort: Eden in the mountains

This mountain resort is perfect for families to relax or lovers also. The air is cool and the facilities are great. Service comes with a smile. I would really recommend this place. We went there last May 2006 with my husband and 3 kids. The sheets were cool and clean. Hot water was plentiful. No ACs but you don't need it in the cool mountain air. Another added attraction were the several peacocks out and about the resort.

We stayed for the buffet dinner and the vegies are really fresh and crispy. I'm not a vegie eater but boy, did I gobble them up while I was there.

The best feature that made this resort a hit with my kids (and with the adults too) was the cable slide for life thingy. Its a short ride, just approx 100m. But its really exhilirating. Mingling with peacocks is also a very interesting experience.

• Related to: Family Travel, Eco-Tourism
  • Written February 17, 2007

peacock outside our cottage

• eversure profile photo eversure
  • Reviews: 98

Hotel Elena: simple clean hotel

Its near the airport but quite far from Davao's downtown or other commercial district. The only reason I stayed there because it was near my host's home. But I have no idea why other people would stay there.

Nothing outstanding. Their free breakfast is a bit of a joke with bread, butter and jam plus two slices of papaya.

• Related to: Business Travel
  • Written March 11, 2007

• Iluv2surf2 profile photo Iluv2surf2
  • Reviews: 57

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Paradise Island: Beautiful Resort Island

Paradise Island is truly one of the most beautiful spots in Davao City. It is a small island known as Samal Island. The beauty is extraordinary. To truly have been not only fortunate enough to lay claim or buy the island and then top be wealthy enough to secure it properly would have been an opportunity of a lifetime I would like to have been in that position.

The cottages are nice. I like the large porch where we can enjoy a family meal at the table, alk or even play cards. Room service is available, at a price, but the service is good. The food is generally OK.

Other than some customer service issues and on trip 3, some honesty & integrity issues, it was a beautiful and relaxing place to visit and experience.

The honesty & integrity issue I refer to is on trip 3 is centered around one issue. We were doing an overnight there, but we had a very large group in for the day. The "consier" kept telling us our cottage was not ready for us to take our things to store. This went on ALL DAY. I'm sorry, most legitimate hotels will let you check in some time in the afternoon. This lie they kept telling us lasted until the day guests left. Then what do you know? Our cottage was magically ready. The TRUTH is they didn't want our guests to use the cottage for any reason, to change clothes, a shower or even use the toilet. I think the policy is goofy, but I find the lies reprehensible. If it were up to me solely, I'd never go back there because of the moral and ethical bankruptcy, but my wife has a say in it.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Family Travel, Beaches, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written June 4, 2008

Cottage Porch on Paradise Island

• imho profile photo imho
  • Reviews: 128

HAUS MALIBU, Malaybalay,...

HAUS MALIBU, Malaybalay, Bukidnon.
Deluxe Rooms with a/c, cable TV, refrigerator, t/b: PhP560-P700.
Standard, Business, and Economy Rooms without a/c but with all the other mentioned amenities, P160-P500.

A very pleasant place to spend the night; plus, with Bukidnon weather being cool all year round, no need for artificial cooling devices!

• Written September 2, 2002

• imho profile photo imho
  • Reviews: 128

The DYNASTY COURT HOTEL,...

The DYNASTY COURT HOTEL, Cagayan de Oro City.
Approximately US$30.

One of the best hotels in CDO, right smack in the middle of town, readily accessible. They have a penthouse bar where you can hang out after hours, and also offer left-luggage facilities to those who are headed off further into the island. Very nice place.

• Written September 2, 2002

• prettyreese profile photo prettyreese
  • Reviews: 5

Green Windows Dormitel: I'm living in a condo

A very clean and i felt like were living in a condo unit.. Very cheap yet very clean. I love the place! I would love to go back and stay there again. The bathrooms and clean.

What i dont like is :
Very cold aircon and they always get the remote of the aircon and leave it to the guard.

• Written August 13, 2011

• isagani profile photo isagani
  • Reviews: 1

Hotel Elena Davao: Davao cheaper than Waterfront

Since the last tip on this hotel, the hotel has improved. Breakfast is now American, Filipino, or Continental. Food and service are not to die for, but you get a lot more for your money. A no-frills hotel, a few minutes walk from Waterfront.

• Written February 27, 2010

• easyman0414 profile photo easyman0414
  • Reviews: 1

Las Casitas De Angela Inn: Alternative in Davao by Easyman

We stayed here for about 2 weeks in this new hotel, we sort of wanted to stay and sort of wanted to look for something else.

The hotel itself is cute, new construction, and the staff is awesome. They have a neat little coffee shop downstairs where we ate our breakfast almost every morning of our stay, and always delicious. The room was just big enough, but clean.

On the downside, our room smelled of cigarettes when we checked in. Not sure if they have any non smoking rooms, but there was nothing else availabe to us after complaining. However, they did rush up to spray deodorizer. Evenutually the smell went away or we got used to it. Next door to the hotel, down like three store fronts, is an outside bar with live entertainment at night. I dont know what time they quit playing , as I guess we managed to fall asleep first, but I was very upset at this. Our room was only on the second floor which probably put us closest to the bar noise. Any other room in the hotel would probably give u less noise to deal with. I am assuming the rooms on the other side of the building would have much less of a problem with the noise.

You cannot make reservations online, you have to call. No website yet either.

Nothing but praise for the staff, except for not telling us about the smoking problem.

I think the room cost us about P1300 a night, with the exchange rate it was about $26 a night. Will I stay there again if needed? Probably not, it was ok for the moment but I would look for something else next time. If you have to keep the cost down, then this is probably a good choice, but if you are not a cheap scape like me, then consider spending more money in one of the other hotels shown on this site.

They offered a free dinner with each night stay, but it was simple and not enough food for this big American. Coffee shop in the morning is great and worth doing. There is no pool. The hotel is located in an area wherewe felft very safe, with lots of places to eat. No iron in the room, so bring your own. Convenient location, and other than the bar noise, we really had no problem with street noise which is often a problem in these little hotels in the Philippines.

• Written January 23, 2008
Tip Photo

taken from the coffee shop

• Cebuano profile photo Cebuano
  • Reviews: 12

Paradise Island Resort: Davao's best get away Resort

They have airconditioned cottage and fan only cottage. It cost about $50.00 for the airconditioned and $37.00 for the fan only cottage. Overnight stay at the beach cost $4.00 and $1.50 for the entrance fee.
Not allowed to bring food if you have a cottage accomodation. They will bring it to your cottage when you order them.

A good place for a short getaway.

Secluded well maintain cottages not far from the beach. Great quite atmosphere. It's not a sandy beach but clean beach.

• Related to: Birdwatching, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Beaches
  • Written July 20, 2007

cottage landscape

• heydelin profile photo heydelin
  • Reviews: 245

My Hotel: Cheapest place for backpackers

I checked in for two nights in a non-airconditioned room at My Hotel. The toilet and bath are being shared. There is a sink inside the room for the customer’s convenience. Room Accommodation – P 600 (P 300 w/ TV, P 250 w/o TV ). A key deposit of P 200 was collected and shall be refunded upon check out. Free wifi here but you need to ask for list of passwords at the reception.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written December 23, 2012

Non-Aircondioned room, Php 250 per night

• sanggano profile photo sanggano
  • Reviews: 31

Bahay ni Tuding: Downtown inn

This inn is accessed from downtown San Pedro Street, just behind Mercury Drug.

The rooms are not that big - but low priced, so I got a family room (P1,600). Not bad. The room can accommodate 3-4 persons, has a microwave, mini bar, and TV. The owner threw in free breakfast. The restaurant offers typical Filipino fare. For lunch, I ordered lechon kawali - crispy skin, tender meat: I rated it 'above average'.

Check in, check out was quick and painless. Staff are helpful.

All in all, simple, great location, and a good value.

For a downtown inn, it is not noisy, and does not feel busy despite being just a short walk to busy City Hall and San Pedro Church.

Public transportation available 24 hours along San Pedro Street.

• Related to: School Holidays, Budget Travel
  • Written March 17, 2013

Family room

• beka1121 profile photo beka1121
  • Reviews: 6

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

D' Leonor: The best place to stay

I love to stay in one of their chalets, it has complete amenities, it has 2 air conditioned rooms with TV, hot and cold showers. It is also near the airport. Aside from the chalet, you have plenty to choose like the hotel itself, they have dorms for group or family, and different houses.

one chalet will entitle you to free entrance, pool, and breakfast.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Theme Park Trips, Adventure Travel
  • Written March 23, 2013