Kaputian, Island Garden City of Samal, Davao, Mindanao, 8120, Philippines

Orbitz.com Asiatravel.com Agoda.com

Costs 80% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

formerly a Pearl Farm for South Sea Pearls

the resort cum hotel is actually not in davao city proper but is located in a small island province across the strait called the Island Garden City of Samal. Going to the Pearl Farm Resort means a 30 minute ferry ride from the Sasa Wharf on davao City of at the small ferry terminal at the Davao Waterfront Insular Hotel. The Pearl Farm Resort was formerly farm for the expensive south sea pearls but in the 1990's the owners converted it to a luxury resort cum hotel that offers daily tours for guests to swim at the swimming pool or stroll around the gardens in the 11 hectare complex or have a dip at the white sand beach amidst the views of the locally inspired luxe cottages on stilts (a day package will cost about 2,500 persos per person including lunch). If you want to stay in the resort, then prepare to lose an arm and a leg since the prices here are on the high side.

Unique Quality: they have local style room here in the Pearl Farm and are Locally Inspired with local Muslim and Indigenous Influences and the rooms and villas are on the expensive side (I only stayed here for a day tour hence no pictures if the rooms inside but I plan to go back here and stay in a room). Other activities to do here are: Jetskiing, hobie cat sailing, scuba diving, tennis, a big fish pond.

Current Room Prices:

4-Bedroom (Minimum 8 adults) USD 680++

Davao Sales Office:
    G/F Alflocor Corporate Center, Damosa Bldg., Lanang Davao City
    Tel No: (63 82) 235-0876, 234-0601 Fax No: 235-0873

Directions: Kaputian, Island Garden City of Samal, Davao, Mindanao, 8120, Philippines

• JaneCajuguiran's Profile Photo

Beckoning

It was a wholesome and funfilled experience at the Pearl Farm. From the airport, we took a cab to the Davao Marina, the port for the boat that shuttles visitors to the resort. A warm welcome awaited us as we disembarked: the sound of drumbeats and a refreshing drink, with the hospitable staff there smiling and attending to our needs. We occupied one of the Samal houses which was just above the water - on stilts! The room opens up to the calm sea whose waves rush beneath the floor and the seagulls sing a song of victory as they catch their feast of fish on the water. The room is airconditioned but there was a ceiling fan too. We got to tour the resort with the van driver guiding us. we only got to do some snorkelling on the Malipano island located just across the resort. Going back and forth the islands was not a problem since it there was a speed boat available to take us for free. We were even allowed to have our lunch served at Malipano brought from the main resort. The best spot to snorkle is at another island for 1500 php for 3 hours. The resort is small but we hardly had time to do every activity available to us since the beauty of the place was more than what one could ask for.

The Pearl Farm is expensive. But, on occassions such as the Mother's day or the Father's day, they do offer cheap packages. the best thing to do is to ask the people in the resort. We were originally reserved at the Hilltop rooms but we were allowed to upgrade our accommodations since they had a few guests staying overnight. Most people go to the resort on day tour which cost 1,500 php per person inclusive of lunch and the boat ride. Still, for every centavo we paid, we got really good service and had a really wonderful time.
    When going to the Pearl Farm, you must have a reservation because the boat might be full and there are only about 4 trips per day. The first boat leaves the Marina at 8 am to go to the resort while the last boat leaves the resort at 4 pm. The last boat that goes back to the resort is at 6 pm.

Unique Quality: There are two pools to choose from which opens at 9 am and closes at 9 pm. There are several aquatic activities - jetski, snorkle, diving, to name a few. The resort staff are professionals and will be willing to provide extra help when you require them. Some extra service are extended to their guest whenever feasible. There is a videoke bar for those who like belting out a few songs.

when you need a nice nightcap, there is a spa service that you could go to. Just be sure to have the service reserved at the time you want it. There are just two beds but it can only be occupied by two persons who come from the same group. Otherwise, only one person at a time will be accommodated to ensure privacy.

Directions: Take a cab to the Davao Marina which is between the Waterfront Hotel and the Davao Beach club. From there, you'll have to

• yellowbell's Profile Photo

Unique Houses on Stilts

It's my dream to stay in a house on a stilt and so far it has not happened yet so the pictures here are courtesy of my 2 friends who have been to Pearl Farm on 2 separate occasions.

You can choose a luxurious villa in a nearby island all to yourself, the houses on land or the Samal (an ethnic Filipino tribe who lives in a water village)-inspired houses on stilts. Pampering and luxury can be had for a price!

Unique Quality: Houses on Stilts

More about Pearl Farm

Samal Suite

by maple_air about Pearl Farm Beach Resort

These are two story accommodation that can be seen as you arrive here at the Pearl Farm Beach Resort. The crystal clear waters is just right outside your doorstep, plus the view of the sea and the not so distant Malipano Island.

Samal House

by maple_air about Pearl Farm Beach Resort

Fancy staying on houses on stilts? Then this is the one for you. The calm, clear coral rich waters is directly beneath these houses. You have a spectacular view of the open sea as well.

Malipano Villas

by maple_air about Pearl Farm Beach Resort

These are the Malipano Villas of Pearl Farm Beach Resort. These are a group of 7 exclusive villas, on another island facing the main Pearl Farm. You can be ferried by the resort's own boats to and fro.

There are 3 bedroom villas ( max. 6 people) and 4 bedroom villas ( max.8 people) to choose from. Around this villas is a 3 hole golf course, a small chapel, a function hall, and of course the view of the coral rich sea. Not to mention, the pristine white sand that surrounds it.

Tranquil Hideaway

by maple_air about Pearl Farm Beach Resort

Only 45 minutes away from the hustle and bustle of the city, is this quiet hideaway. This resort, managed by the Fuego group, is nestled in a 14 hectare area. Used to be a pearl farm, where white lipped oysters are cultivated for their white and pink pearls. This resort has 73 guestrooms. I did not stay here, but i was able to view the different accommodations. My newlywed friends stayed on the Samal House. If you fancy jumping straight onto the water, then you can stay here. You have the fantastic view of the the coral rich waters all through out your stay as well.

For those who are into diving, not far from this resort are two sunken World War II Japanese vessels, that you can have a look and explore.

by maricareugenio

"Pearl Farm Beach Resort"

Been here for couple of times already. I'm account executive at pearl farm beach resort, based here in manila. Pearl Farm Beach Resort is located at Kaputian Isand Garden City of Samal, Davao.

The Pearl Farm-DavaoThe Pearl Farm-Davao

davao pearl farm resortdavao pearl farm resort

pearl farm resortpearl farm resort

Eternity pool in Pearl Farm ResortEternity pool in Pearl Farm Resort

Day Tour Package of Pearl Farm Beach Resort

Hello.. :)

I would like to know the rate per pax for a day tour at Pearl Farm Beach Resort. I can't seem to find it on their website and I get different rates on search engines. I'm a Davao local and been to Samal Island several times but I've never been to Pearl Farm (too expensive! and I'm a cheapo... :) really). I am currently Cebu-based and I'm going back to Davao for a 3-day vacation with my boyfriend. I have been telling him endless that Davao is the best place ever and I want to convince him since it's his first time to Davao. I am making exception now (goodbye my salary for 3 months)

PS : Please... Can anyone tell me as well where is the cheapest place but super nice place to stay in Samal with the exception of Pearl Farm. (Like I told you, I'm a cheapo) If ever the Pearl Farm won't work for us... Thanks a lot. :)

by monina_c

It used to be P1,500/person inclusive of the boat transfers, welcome drink and lunch. I don't think they've jacked the price up yet.

by olitrac

yes monins its still the same... php 1,500.00/PAX

hello kuya!!!

by ryzel

Thanks :) Where can I book it? :)

by monina_c

well you can call/email their Manila booking office and then if you get confirmation for your reservation you will be given a voucher you can show their office in Davao on the day of your tour itself. Remember to get to PF private pier at least 30 min. before departure so you don't have to rush through your check-in. You will enjoy the surroundings of the PF reception.... a lot of photo ops. ;)

by ryzel

Thanks Monina :) I really can't wait :)
And I am super lucky to live in Davao... I couldn't ask for more :)
Too bad my work is here in Cebu but still... :) I am a proud Davaoena!

by monina_c

if you need more suggestions on what to do in Davao, here is a link you can check out. :)

• Dhei04's Profile Photo
    Oct 18, 2013 at 9:41 AM

I'm not sure when these posts were posted, but I'd still like to try to ask more information about the day tour in pear farm :D P1500 is still expensive though, so can someone please tell me if it includes any cottage to put our stuff, use of swimming pool, etc? Thanks! :)