88, 8th Street. Guadalupe Village, Lanang, Davao, 8000, Philippines
Agoda.com Travelocity Booking.com

More about Davao

Sunny PointSunny Point

wakeboarding under the spell of Mt. Apowakeboarding under the spell of Mt. Apo

Check in counter at the Cebu Pacific sectionCheck in counter at the Cebu Pacific section

SM mall of davaoSM mall of davao

davao visit.. lets meet

by yobobrown

hi VT members. im a local here in davao city. i like to meet friends. if you happen to stay in davao and no one to go with, well, let me be. i can be of help. if im not busy, i could tour you around. see you....im a backpacker too. so i know its nice to have someone who know about a place.
yobs

by realmercy

Hi Yobs, well I am planning to go to Davao for my first visit in mid November, I will be in the Philippines from Oct 1 to Nov 30 as I search for a place to live when I retire there next year. So if your still around the area in a couple of months let me know, take care, Joseph

by yobobrown

no problem man... just keep in touch.

by nimato

nice offer, bait mo naman.. baka maging busy ka nyan haha!

by winzkie_d_pooh

hi i will be in davao a couple of days from now...i will arrive on Aug. 21...

hi pooh,

good to hear you have finalized your davao trip....happy travels and happy kadayawan too...

by clarice_ldr

hi! will be there for the kadayawan, too.

hi claire,

happy kadayawan...for a nice view of the parade on saturday and sunday; c.m. recto st. is the best place. and try also to visit people's park they have plenty of cultural shows specially in the evening. and on the 23rd if you have time "earth wind and fire" will have a concert at SM davao at parking area C.

happy travels..!

hi joseph,

nice to hear that you'll retire here in davao city. if you have some querries don't hesitate to e-mail me..

your thread on euoropa mantionettee is great.

cheers!

carlito

by ericd001

im also going to dvo ill be arriving aug23 first flight via PAL. illb ecovering the Indak Indak sa kadalanan.

well be staying at ponce suites.

eric

by realmercy

Are you kidding me??? Is Earth, Wind and Fire.... one of the greatest band of the 1970s really going to be there??? I saw them two times around 1975 yeah I am really old :) but anyone that see's that concert will really enjoy it! If I had only known earlier I'd be on my way there now. Take care,
Joseph

by olitrac

yes joseph it was really earth wind and fire of the 70's. i was in cebu last 21st so i was not able to see their concert but my daughters who loved their music were there. and they enjoyed it even the band started late at night. i was not able to stay at the europa manssionette for i did not like the place and its soroundings. instead i stayed at castle peak which was very of great value.

by realmercy

Well I will have to find that Castle Peaks and check it out on my next visit.
Joseph

Travel Tips for Davao

'Come again' to Camiguin...

by imho

'Come again' to Camiguin Island, off Misamis Oriental. Seven years ago, I happened upon paradise...an island blessed with seven volcanoes, an abundance of hot and cold springs, numerous waterfalls, idyllic scenery, and the most laid-back atmosphere on earth.

Four years later, I returned, true to the island’s promise that I would indeed 'come again.' This time I had a lot more money and a lot less time, but it was still paradise on earth. I skipped the 'been-there, done-that' attractions and luxuriated instead in the isolation of it all. Home was several light years away, but I couldn’t care less.

I have always associated Camiguin island with healing, for it has never failed to revitalize my battered mind and spirit. Its very remoteness alone is a fantasy fulfilled for a person like myself who enjoys frequent detachment from the madness of the modern world. The island has always welcomed me with open arms, embracing me with its wondrous restorative powers, hesitantly but eventually setting me loose, fully mended and in good running condition, ready to face life in the maniacal metropolis again.

Last week, I found myself once again in the Eden of my dreams. I arrived not as a weary traveler seeking rejuvenation, but as a lawyer with a job to be done. This journey would not be one filled with long days basking on the pristine sands of White Island or steaming for hours on end in the waters of Ardent Springs. This time there was work to do in my island of healing – but little did I know that paradise itself was in desperate need for healing. (Continued)

Open Market

by Iluv2surf2

I describe this location as an open market. It's where usually "fresh" beef, chicken, fish, sea food, fruits and vegetables are sold. You can also but lechon there. We got a roasted pig we took with us to Paradise Island.

This is not far from the Bogobo House Hotel. It's maybe a 5-7 minute cab ride.

This place was complete organized chaos. It was a lot of fun. The smell was pretty bad because of all the raw meat hanging and fish there, but if you can get past the smell, you might actually enjoy yourself and find a good deal or two.

Considering the size of Davao, I'm sure there are more than one of these markets in the city, but this is the only one I'm familiar with. They are full of people and energy. Kids asking for money, and a chance to negotiate and haggle with every merchant. These markets are cash only so keep it secured and have a good time!

Tailor Made

by Iluv2surf2

From my teen years to the present I have always had challenges buying and wearing clothes off the rack. I have somewhat short legs and as I have matured and changed waist size, not inseam, it has become increasingly difficult. When buying pants either jeans, work or for suits, alterations are ALWAYS needed. I am impressed with the work of one tailor who has done some of my most detailed and intricate work.

I bought a high quality $1500 suit in the USA in 1998 or 1999, that needed significant alterations. Again, being only 5'7" this suit was cut for someone much taller than I am. The crotch of the suit fell to mid thigh. I really liked this suit, but to get it altered in the USA in a way that not only fit me correctly, but look like it was tailor made was going to cost a small fortune.

My wife knew of a tailor in Davao at Adams Square. He does exquisite work. These pants that would have cost me $100 or more to alter here, cost only $10 there. He also was responsible for making my barong that I wore for our wedding and for Merasol & Jay's wedding since I was best man there. (no suprise on that one ;-) hahaha!!!)

On our 2004 trip my mother-in-law took us to her favorite store NCCC and we bought some high quality material to use and my tailor made my a custom barong for our wedding. Total cost for material and tailoring was well under $50 for a custom barong.

He also made Jay's barong. Jay is a big guy. When they saw him they commented that they had never made a barong that big before! Jay is wearing it for his wedding.

AHFAT Seafood Restaurant

by Mayonie

AHFAT Seafood Restaurant
simple Hong Kong style ambience, delicious food, swift service and affordable price..best value! seafood roll(deep fried prawn/fish/crab meat coated in flour and bread crumbs, other seafood dishes, sweet and sour pork, etc

Paradise Island Beach Trip 2

by Iluv2surf2

Often from Paradise Island beach you can see these big boats and even cargo ships traveling to or from their port a few hundred yards from the beach and swimming area. The land under the water must really drop off very significantly in order to be deep enough for these ships to pass through.

Comments