J. P. Laurel Ave. Bajada, Davao, Philippines

Satisfaction Poor

More about Davao

Security Entering Shopping MallsSecurity Entering Shopping Malls

Insular Waterfront GroundsInsular Waterfront Grounds

A Street Vendor Selling Fried Plantains in DavaoA Street Vendor Selling Fried Plantains in Davao

NCCC all of DavaoNCCC all of Davao

Davao City to General Santos transpo

by kegler747

Hello everybody!

How can I go to General Santos City from Davao City. I know I just need to take a bus but I don't know where to get them. I will be staying near the Davao airport and I hope someone can give me directions to the bus station for Gen San. May I also know the travel time between the two cities.

by asianbelle

I'm not sure how things have changed, but I remember taking the bus at Ecoland Terminal. Davao-Gen San is approximately 2-2.5 hours.

I think there are vans that you can take instead of buses.

by olitrac

if you're staying near the airport the best way for you is to take a taxi and tell the driver to bring you to the davao overland terminal in ecoland. upon entering the terminal gate you can immediately notice the Task Force Davao operatives that will check you belongings. if you're bringing a bag, you are required to open it. then proceed to the south bound bay where the buses for gen santos is located. Yellow Bus and the Holiday Bus ply that route. Asianbelle is rigt.. travel time is 2.5 hours one stop at digos city.

hope this helps.

by gensanlover

if you are in a hurry and can afford it you can hire a private care and driver for 3000P each way.

Travel Tips for Davao

Davao province is the...

by ligaya

Davao province is the industrial centre of Mindanao, renowned for its pearl and banana exports. Davao City is one of the most progressive industrial cities in the country. The province is the site of Mount Apo, the highest peak in the country, while the Apo Range has spectacular waterfalls, rapids, forests, springs and mountain lakes. Maragaa Kiblawan Davao del Sur;

I can't forget the day when I was there in this place so called Maragaa, Kiblawan Davao del Sur. It is a nice and peaceful and a small baranggay in the province of Kiblawan.

We spent there for about one week. We had a lots of activities more on religious. I really enjoyed that time... but at the moment I have no picture that can show this page..hopefully next time.

I hope you enjoy reading this small intro of mine.

White Water Rafting

by kyukee

If you are more of the adventurous type then i recommend you try rafting at Davao River. The waves are much bigger, stronger and more challenging than the one found in Cagayan de Oro. A word of warning though, this is not for the weak at heart. But believe me..it's all worth it! Enjoy and welcome to Davao. Just wear light clothes all the safety gear will be provided for. You can't take pictures during the actual raft but you can take some in between breaks just make sure you place it in a secure bag.

Private Beach

by Iluv2surf2

We are fortunate enough to know someone that owns a private beach house. His name is Boy. My wife and her family worked for him at different times as she was growing up. He owns the bakery she worked at while in college. He owns six bakeries in Davao. He also owns a tire/rubber factory/plant, farms, and raises horses. I believe he's also well connected politically. He's a kind and generous man.

Boy is also an entertainer. He has a band that plays 1950's & 60's music. They're not bad. They were doing a private jam session the night we were there and I have to tell you, they're not bad. I really enjoyed their selection of music.

Boy served as a nino at our wedding. He had offered his beach house for us to use our last visit, but we were unable to because we were shcheuled to tightly.

Davao's Finest

by Iluv2surf2 about Dencia's Restaurant

For the finest in elegant white table cloth dinning, Dencia's is the destination you'll be glad you experienced. This restaurant will apeal to both locals, Filipinas and those of us from the Western world. The foods will appeal to almost anyone, and have a strong appeal to the locals.

The service is excellent. The staff is friendly and helpful. They strive to accomodate even very large groups of people without a reservation. Tipping is NOT allowed. Try the lumpia shanghai (which is really unique), fried chicken, Canton chopped suey, and pork adobo are fabulous! They even have diet coke!

Chicken

by Iluv2surf2 about Inasal Chicken

For the most part the athmosphere is not unlike other quick service eateries fouind in malls or as stand alone units in the Philippines or in the USA. One difference is that they offer unlimited rice with your meal and there is always someone roaming about and weaving in and out of the seats and ever shifting crowd to offer you an extra scoop or two of rice.

The tables are a little smaller than what we would usually experience here, but despite the more compact size of the dining area their food packs a pretty big punch with flavor, quantity and most importantly QUALITY.

This was unique. As I paid for our lunch one day (I was using cash) I didn't have the right change and they didn't have the right combination of cash to give me my change. The girl at the register wrote on my reciept that they owed me a certain amount of change. I'd never experienced that before. Anyhow, after we ate I went back to the register and they gave me my change with no questions. This small chain has some of the best chicken I've had anywhere. It has what I would describe as the perfect smoked flavor.

They have a soup Beef Sinagang that has become my favorite soup. This tangy soup really explodes with a unique flavor. If I were going to have a meal catered from all of my favorite restautrants in Davao, Insal would provide both chicken and this beef sinigang soup.

Comments