Davao City Hotels

Our Members Say

CourtView Inn: Nearest to Overland Transport Terminal 03

CLICK here for more of CourtView Inn details and photos!

• Related to: Budget Travel, Photography, Adventure Travel

Francess Inn: Nearest to Overland Transport Terminal 02

CLICK here for more of Francess Inn details and photos!

• Related to: Adventure Travel, Photography, Budget Travel

Iron Inn: Nearest to Overland Transport Terminal

CLICK here for more of Iron Inn details and photos!

• Related to: Photography, Adventure Travel, Budget Travel

• BarryBraund profile photo BarryBraund
  • Reviews: 35

Drifter's Apartel and British Pub: Convenient budget hotel for Samal Island

Drifter's was recommended to me as convenient for travelling to Samal Island. It is a small, clean and friendly hotel with all the facilities that you need (including tea and coffee and kettle in the room, which you are used to in the UK, but don't always find in the Philippines).

There is a clean pool, well-stocked bar and a good varied menu of English, Philippino, and pasta/pizza dishes.

Drifter's is out of the city, but we took a taxi there easily for less than 150-200P (about £2-3). Very handy for the ferry to Samal Island.

Bert, the English owner and his family were very friendly and on hand to give advice on where to visit.

Good sized rooms with clean towels and beds made up each day. Sky TV, Air Con, en-suite bathroom, fridge (beers, water soft drinks) and 24 hour security.

If you email Drifter's, they will book rooms for you and pay when you arrive. You don't often find this trusting attitude now. Very good prices: 1400pesos per night.

• Written March 31, 2013
Tip Photo

First floor view of pool area

• suroyista profile photo suroyista
  • Reviews: 42

Marco Polo Davao: A Deluxe Hotel

As I have mentioned in my profile, I am a Hotel Enthusiast, regardless of category level. I find everything about Hotel very interesting - from the building structure & design, to the smallest amenity & simplest service.

In this review, I will share to you OUR PERSONAL LEVEL OF SATISFACTION, base on our experience, by simply rating the amenities and services that we have used and availed during our stay. My rating will be from the scale of 1 (lowest) to 10 (highest). I will also highlight the hotel's outstanding qualities and features, if there’s any.

Now, if after reading my review you will find yourself asking; "is it really true?". Well, my only advise to you is, "go check in, and see for yourself..." ;o)

Ratings for Marco Polo Davao:
Housekeeping - 9
Room Service - 9
Bell Service - 9
Security System - 10

LOCATION - Marco Polo Davao is extremely close to the airport at a distance of just 12 kms and is a 20-minute drive by car or by the hotel’s shuttle bus, which plies to and from the airport at a nominal fee.

POLO BISTRO - I love the casual ambiance of this outdoor restaurant. We highly recommend the Grilled Lamb Chop, a little expensive but its worth it.

FULL-LENGTH GLASS WALL / WINDOW - I am not sure if this is the correct term for this room feature, whatever! I like it because it makes the room feel larger and it provides the biggest view of the city from the bed.

BUILDING STRUCTURE/DESIGN - The glass element in the building makes it very modern.

• Related to: Food and Dining, Business Travel, Budget Travel

Breakfast (Brasserie) - 5
Bell Service - 7
Housekeeping - 8
Room Service - 6

Many years ago, I have worked for Grand Regal as a Front Office Receptionist / Cashier and Room Reservationist, consecutively. It was still called "Mercure Grand Hotel", a member of the ACCOR Group of Hotels. I am proud to say that I was part of it during its "Regal days", and have witnessed the time when it was still in its "Regal form"; when everything about it was still based on the International Hotel standards of ACCOR Group. Unfortunately, what my husband and I have experienced during our stay was the total opposite. ;o( Nevertheless, we had a wonderful time, and personally I was very happy to be back after how many years. It brought back some wonderful memories. ;o)

LOCATION - Its ideal location is a boon for tourist and business travelers who long for quiet relaxation while affording easy access to the city's commerciall and entertainment centers for those in pursuit of more dynamic activities. It is also very close to the Airport and Samal wharf.

PAGCOR CASINO - Occupancy wise, I know Grand Regal will never be empty because of this tie up. This hotel is the number choice of the Casino guests, who want to gamble a little... or more, for the very obvious reasons, convenience and special room rate.

BUILDING STRUCTURE/DESIGN - Even though the hotel was not able to keep its high standards, I still think that the building structure and design is still commendable. It is beautifully elevated, and its towering height is very visible from afar. I also like the colors of the building, its very classic.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel
  • Written September 22, 2011

The Reception Desks.

• barbie_sunrise profile photo barbie_sunrise
  • Reviews: 141

Pearl FArm Beach Resort: Overnight Stay AT Samal Island

I didnt stay overnight but I intend to do it the next time I go back to Davao. They offer Overnight Stay with full board meals and use of all amenities. Its a bit pricy but its worth it

• Related to: Spa and Resort, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written February 27, 2011

• barbie_sunrise profile photo barbie_sunrise
  • Reviews: 141

St. Camilus Dormtel: Cheap Accomodation in Davao

The place is clean, safe and the receptionist is very accomodating with all your queeries. Only 180/night/pax AC room, clean common bathroom. Good place to stay for a budget traveller.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written February 25, 2011
Tip Photo

• maitravels profile photo maitravels
  • Reviews: 8

Ponce Suites: Davao's Unconventional Accommodation

Rooms have hot and cold shower and is a WiFi hitspot. Place is best recommended for artist and budget travelers.

From the front door up to the suites penthouse, in every nook and cranny is Artist Kublai Millan's showroom of his arts.

• Written February 13, 2011

Ponce Suites

• iclee profile photo iclee
  • Reviews: 194

Chema's by the Sea-IGACOS: Away from the madding crowd

I was looking for a private resort in the Island Garden of Samal (IGACOS) for our Davao trip. While surfing I came across this secure and exclusive resort owned by a Davao resident, Quincho. Having read a couple of negative feedback about the owner, I still tried to contact him because the resort was very beautiful and I dont necessarily believe feedback written by people who ask a resort how much a cup of rice is. Good thing I did that because Quincho was very accommodating and a no-fuss owner. No deposits, no advance email...just a SMS to confirm was all it took to finalize our agreement.

Service: They only accommodate a select group equivalent to the number of cottages so you wont see swarms. We booked the biggest cottage good for at least 8 when we were just 6. I like it roomy, that's why. You'll be provided with your own private butler during the duration of your stay when you book a cottage so all you need to do is ring the brass bell and presto! butler service. :) Don't worry about your butler going on day off while you're there because he/she will stay until after you check out. You'll be welcomed with a buco drink, ripe mango shake or ice tea while waiting to be escorted to your cottage.

Facilities: Check the pictures and see how roomy, clean, and updated the rooms are. You'll see 2 queen beds, 4 single beds upstairs, 1 bay window lounge, and 1 divan in the veranda. 2 aircons and a cable TV for those wishing to watch TV instead of enjoying the sun. There's lots of greenery, towering trees, and brass/wood lounge chair sets. The infinity pool is deep but a bit small. Their beachfront is combed meticulously while the beach sets are roofed with nipa fronds. How rustic!

Amenities: Swing lounge, wooden/brass beach sets, complimentary WIFI, private boat/dock/pier in Davao city (via Davao's Waterfront hotel).

Notes:
1. The neighboring resort occasionally plays blaring local music.
2. You can bring in munchies like Oreos/chips/nuts but food can be ordered thru their outlet. I liked their Pinakbet (just a touch of salted shrimps), BBQ chicken, Sotanghon soup and Halo-halo.

I'll definitely recommend this resort for families travelling with small children, couples looking for some R&R, group of friends who can afford higher than average rates (but well worth it).

But if you're the type who lugs pots/pans loaded with food then this resort it not for you.

By the way, I paid around P14685(U$1=P44) for the overnight cottage and food (L/D/B/L).

Easy planning thru SMS.
Well maintained surroundings.
Butler service (Can also arrange for an island tour thru the multicabs).
Clean beach.
WIFI
Illy coffee while in IGACOS.
and credit card acceptance.

Not sure though if they accept CC's issued outside of the Philippines.

Soon, Quincho said he's building a spa near the cottages. :)

• Related to: Family Travel, Spa and Resort, Beaches
  • Written November 24, 2010
Tip Photo

• enjey profile photo enjey
  • Reviews: 5

Pearl Farm: Private resort in Samal Island

We initially booked 3 nights through directrooms and saved almost 30-40% off if we booked directly at their site. You have to pay additional for the boat transfer though. We stayed at the Samal House - built on stilt waters. We decided to extend 1 more night but there are no more available Samal House so we transfered to the Balay House - located on the hillside. It's cheaper but larger! Basic room accommodation for both but clean enough.

They have a number of pools, 3 I think, and 2 beach area. Hop on their speedboat and you can go across the island where their expensive villas are located. You can swim there for free. They have a game room as well.

We love just hanging around the balcony in our Samal House and enjoying the sea breeze.

Cons: the resort offer day trips to others (9am-4pm) so it can be too crowded during the day.

• Related to: Beaches, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Spa and Resort
  • Written September 30, 2010

• monina_c profile photo monina_c
  • Reviews: 346

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Gand Men Seng

Not as grand as its name implies but it is clean and located in downtown Davao within walking distance to most major structures in the city. Nothing special.
The sushi bar features fresh seafood but not too much variety.

• Related to: Business Travel, Family Travel, Road Trip
  • Written April 27, 2010

• DJ_RO profile photo DJ_RO
  • Reviews: 9

Hotel Elena: Hotel Elena: Middle End Stay

I stayed here from August 25 - 26, 2009. The service is very good, attentive receptionists and a helpful security guard. Very quiet and new extension wing. My room which was the Single - Deluxe can actually accommodate 2 persons. Cold Airconditioner and has access to the terrace. Ask for Room 212.

Although the water from the aircon dripped on the counter table...

Nice and relaxing!!

Near Pearl Farm and Marina Restaurant(one mini-jeep ride), Banok's is located at the back.

• Related to: Family Travel, Golf, Beaches
  • Written August 26, 2009

• hitherealso profile photo hitherealso
  • Reviews: 1

Azienda Meo Apartelle: affordable but beautiful

I would recommend this cozy place and found right in the heart of the city and it also have a 24 hour security fully air-conditioned and all units are fully furnished with hot and cold shower it also have an open garden and with wi fi access. they have daily and monthly rates.

they have an terrific and friendly staff

• Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel, Business Travel
  • Written April 9, 2009

aziendameo apartelle

• monina_c profile photo monina_c
  • Reviews: 346

D'Counter Executive Dormitory: Cheap Clean Lodging

The name of this inn is a little misleading. It is not a dorm nor is it an executive level lodging. :)
D'Counter Executive Dormitory is located in front of the Apo View Hotel. For the P800/night (US$17) I got a clean a/c room with clean bathroom (it has hot and cold shower). The beddings and towels are clean but sad to say they don't provide shampoo and toothbrush so be sure to bring your own.

The price of the room includes breakfast (the usual set meal that you get in the fastfood outlets all over the Philippines).

The view in my third floor room is the roof deck garden which can be used as a party venue. The inn has no hairdryer nor laundry and ironing service. But the plus factor is that the room boy assigned to my floor was accommodating enough to bring my clothes to the laundry a few doors down to get it ironed (he even waited for it). Of course I paid for the ironing in cash and gave the room boy bakshees.

The locale of D'Counter Executive Dormitory is very safe for visitors. It is conveniently located so that one needs only to walk a few minutes to get to all night stores, drug stores and a few local restaurants and bars.

• Opinion of Price: about average