Davao City Hotels

Our Members Say

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The Royale House Hotel: The Royale House Hotel

Located in Claveria Street, a few metres away from the San Pedro Cathedral. The hotel was recommended to me by a local resident (aunt of my friend) as her office is right beside the hotel. I chose it at first due to its proximity to the church, but was disappointed when I entered the hotel lobby. Typical of small hotels/inns, they have a reception table, small coffee shop and some sofas. Their lobby however stinks! Not so much of a bad smell, but it smelled like Durian!!!!

We got their Double Deluxe Room for P750 per night. Double bed, cable TV, hot/cold shower. We were given room 334, 3 flights up with no lifts (and no bellman) so I have to drag my trolley bag on the stairs by myself. The room was typical of a tourist inn class, although the bathroom is a bit dingy for me. The shower curtains were dirty and the toilet was dirty as well. Rooms that were non-aircon has a common bath. Most guests of the hotels are locals from other Mindanao provinces.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive

The Royale House Hotel

Bogobo House Hotel: Bogobo House Hotel

Located in the very busy Duterte/Ilustre streets, the hotel is a convinient place to stay - there are several cheap fast food nearby plus the Gaisano South Mall. The street is off a main road (Ilustre) where there are jeepneys passing through. The hotel was recommended here in VT (by asianbelle among others). The hotel was quite strict with regards to brining in fruits (Durian and Marang) so their hotel was pretty much durian-free smell. The hotel has several paintings of Bagobo people in pastel and oils displayed along their hallways, native tribal decorations abound. They have a little reception area and a couch in their lobby. Parking is infront of the hotel entrance. Their coffee shop is named Cafe Agdao, serves breakfast and all day meals.

We got the Twin Deluxe (Room 302) and paid 1005, and as per asianbelle's advise to request for a room with a window. There's no lift in the hotel as well, but the stairways is brightly lit so no problems getting back late at night. The room had 2 single beds, one only had a blanket, the other had a comforter. I didn't bother requesting for another as it's not really cold. Their bathroom was better (than Royale House), the toiled had a "sanitized" wrap. They provided shampoo and 2 small bars of soap. The glasses they provided were also "sealed" in plastic sandwich wrapper. The room had a ref (but no contents), small tv, hot and cold shower. Their hot shower wasn't hot enough though. The staff at the reception was very courteous and helpful - they gave me several commuting directions which saved me a lot in taxi fares.

Bogobo House Hotel, Davao City

Las Casitas de Angela: Las Casitas de Angela

Casitas (spanish for "little homes") the hotel is very new (recently opened I think). Located along Rizal Street, about 2 blocks away from Gaisano Ilustre Mall. They're a 4 or 5 storey building so the hotel has an elevator. Casitas is near the Dizon Farm store (about 2 doors away), so if you're planning to buy the Dizon pomelo and other items, this is a good place to stay.

Single Bed - 645
single standard - 795
matrimonial bed - 795 - 830
twin standard - 850
matrimonial deluxe - 950
casitas deluxe - 1495

amenities:
cable tv, hot and cold shower, pabx, internet ready/wifi zone, elevator, spa

• Written August 27, 2006

Casitas Davao

Davao Tower Inn: Inn-disguise

Tower Inn is my first choice of hotel when I am in Davao for work reasons primarily due to its location. It is right beside our branch office making going to the office no sweat and no hurry. Also, I can work late into the night content in the knowledge that my hotel is just a few steps away.

Although its name classifies it as an "inn", I would say Tower Inn is comparable to other standard hotels. It has the basic amenities - aircon, TV, towels, soap and hot/cold water. It also has a coffee shop at the lobby serving continental dishes.

There's really nothing unique with the hotel except that moment I step out into the street, there are cabs and jeepneys available.

• Related to: Business Travel, Budget Travel

Tower Inn Davao

Hotel Galleria: The Alternate

This is my second choice of hotel when I am on work travel to Davao as it is only a block away from our office.

Each room is equipped with basic amenities such as aircon, TV and hot/cold shower. They also provide basic necessities such as soap and towel.

However, not all rooms have windows which is a "must requirement" for me. Hence, when booking I make it clear and make sure that they will give me a room with a window.

Just like other standard hotels, it has a coffee shop at the lobby. But its "outstanding" feature is its swimming pool which other hotels in its class do not have.

Hotel Galleria

Malagos Garden Resort: Malagos Garden Resort

This is their multiple family cottage rooms. Can accomodate up to a max of 8 people i think. Bed configuration: 4 single beds and 1 double. Ensuite bathroom and shower, balcony and sitting area.

• Related to: Spa and Resort

Malagos Garden Resort - Sitting area

Apo View Hotel: Living up to its name

It is one of the first "star-rated" hotels in the city and a by-word among business travellers. The hotel's ballroom and several function rooms make it a preferred choice for conventions and exhibitions as well as special events like wedding reception, debut, party, etc.

Living up to its name, the rooms provide a view of Mt. Apo from a distance and the busy streets below. It is also located at the intersection of several roads providing easy access to public transpo.

Aside from the pool, I like to stay here because of its fitness center. Fitness Advantage runs the center and checked-in guests can use the facilities and attend aerobic classes.

• Related to: Business Travel

• shi612 profile photo shi612
  • Reviews: 20

Grand Regal Hotel: Better than Waterfront Insular

I stayed in a Premier room on 11th floor. I could view the Davao downtown and great Mt. Apo from the window. (I attach the view of Mt. Apo from the room.) The room facilities and ammenities are wonderful. It is located on Laurel Avenue, I belive it is the best hotel in Lanang area.

Great view from the higher rooms. Proximity to the airport. It has a casino though I am not interested. And another, funny but important quality of the 11th floor is that you don’t have to be bothered by cock’s crowing in early morning.

• Written April 30, 2006

• JoeKatko profile photo JoeKatko
  • Reviews: 1

hotel: Hotel Galleria

hi. joe katko here. my fiance checked me in at hotel galleria. my stay there was great, great staff, great food. she took me to other budget hotels, but the one i prefered to stay in was hotel galleria.
i paid 710 pesos a night. stayed for a week. my room had a bathroom with hot shower, cable tv and a phone.
i liked the area where my hotel was located. it was a short walk from the gaizano mall, only about 100 yards away. i had no problem finding food. the hotel was surrounded by restaurants. my skinny girlfriend loves barbecue and she can eat tons of it. i like italian. I recommend you try Picobelo at Gaizano. nice restaurant.
hotel galleria has a swimming pool with waterfalls on one corner. i liked hanging out there drinking my beer.
there are a few other budget hotels in the area, but I like Galleria the most.
i will come back in a couple of months. i intend to stay in galleria hotel again.

swimming pool

Camping - starts at 1500

• Related to: Spa and Resort, Budget Travel
  • Written August 27, 2006

Eden Nature Park

• billbing profile photo billbing
  • Reviews: 21

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Residencia del Josefina: A Condotel infront of a big mall...

I would like to promote ito VTers a place that feels like home and infront of a big mall here in Davao City. It is very affordable and you can cook your own food. If you plan to stay for a week or months you could actually save than staying somewhere else. No hassle on where to buy your food stuff since the supermarket is just across the road. If you feel like cooking you can do so or maybe just get those stuff from a food chain. You can have a view from your terrace of the main road and the mall. It is equiped with the comfort that you have at home.

Check on this: www.residenciadeljosefina.com

• Related to: Beaches, Family Travel
  • Written February 26, 2007

The condotel facade...

• suroyista profile photo suroyista
  • Reviews: 42

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Marco Polo Davao: A Deluxe Hotel

As I have mentioned in my profile, I am a Hotel Enthusiast, regardless of category level. I find everything about Hotel very interesting - from the building structure & design, to the smallest amenity & simplest service.

In this review, I will share to you OUR PERSONAL LEVEL OF SATISFACTION, base on our experience, by simply rating the amenities and services that we have used and availed during our stay. My rating will be from the scale of 1 (lowest) to 10 (highest). I will also highlight the hotel's outstanding qualities and features, if there’s any.

Now, if after reading my review you will find yourself asking; "is it really true?". Well, my only advise to you is, "go check in, and see for yourself..." ;o)

Ratings for Marco Polo Davao:
Housekeeping - 9
Room Service - 9
Bell Service - 9
Security System - 10

LOCATION - Marco Polo Davao is extremely close to the airport at a distance of just 12 kms and is a 20-minute drive by car or by the hotel’s shuttle bus, which plies to and from the airport at a nominal fee.

POLO BISTRO - I love the casual ambiance of this outdoor restaurant. We highly recommend the Grilled Lamb Chop, a little expensive but its worth it.

FULL-LENGTH GLASS WALL / WINDOW - I am not sure if this is the correct term for this room feature, whatever! I like it because it makes the room feel larger and it provides the biggest view of the city from the bed.

BUILDING STRUCTURE/DESIGN - The glass element in the building makes it very modern.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Food and Dining, Business Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written September 22, 2011

Polo Bistro

• arhia2003 profile photo arhia2003
  • Reviews: 5

Casa Leticia: Cozy boutique hotel

The Casa Leticia is cozy and its staff is very friendly and accomodating. The servers have this knack of remembering their guests even if they have just seen them once or twice. The rooms are comfortable. and for some reason, it's my favorite breakfast place. Although they do not serve buffet breakfasts, you still get the feeling that you've gotten what you've paid for. It's right in the middle of the city so it's not a problem going around.

Beside the hotel is a japanese and vietnamese restaurant also owned by the hotel's owners. They serve good food although a bit pricey for Davao standards.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Business Travel
  • Written January 4, 2007

Monina Garden Resort: Monina Garden Resort

Tree house (2pax) - 450 *Adult accom only, no bedroom
Family room (10 pax) - 2500 *AC with TV, ref
Family room (8 pax) - 2500 * AC with TV, ref, big verandah, kitchen and dining area
Twin/Double - 980

Breakfast (Brasserie) - 5
Bell Service - 7
Housekeeping - 8
Room Service - 6

Many years ago, I have worked for Grand Regal as a Front Office Receptionist / Cashier and Room Reservationist, consecutively. It was still called "Mercure Grand Hotel", a member of the ACCOR Group of Hotels. I am proud to say that I was part of it during its "Regal days", and have witnessed the time when it was still in its "Regal form"; when everything about it was still based on the International Hotel standards of ACCOR Group. Unfortunately, what my husband and I have experienced during our stay was the total opposite. ;o( Nevertheless, we had a wonderful time, and personally I was very happy to be back after how many years. It brought back some wonderful memories. ;o)

LOCATION - Its ideal location is a boon for tourist and business travelers who long for quiet relaxation while affording easy access to the city's commerciall and entertainment centers for those in pursuit of more dynamic activities. It is also very close to the Airport and Samal wharf.

PAGCOR CASINO - Occupancy wise, I know Grand Regal will never be empty because of this tie up. This hotel is the number choice of the Casino guests, who want to gamble a little... or more, for the very obvious reasons, convenience and special room rate.

BUILDING STRUCTURE/DESIGN - Even though the hotel was not able to keep its high standards, I still think that the building structure and design is still commendable. It is beautifully elevated, and its towering height is very visible from afar. I also like the colors of the building, its very classic.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel