Dapitan City, Zamboanga Del Norte, Dipolog, Mindanao, Philippines

Tags

Diving and Snorkeling Water Sports Beaches
See Amenities

DaKaK Park Beach Resort

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 29, 2011

Facilities are good..Service is good. The menu not really for a foreigner but is good enough so u will not starve.

What peeved me was that once you are in there you are stuck. The resort is a fair distance from downtown Dipolog..

There is no transport from this resort to down town Dipolog to give u a break from the facilities unless you use the resorts service. This will cost u a minimum fee of 450 peso a person..

Surely this Hotel that charges $150..us or 6,800peso a night could have a free service to the guests. It is just one of the many hidden charges that will await you.

I would suggest you stay for one or two nights only.. Once you jetski, swim, play tennis then you are finished. Boring..

Unique Quality: Its ok...Go to Boracay and not get bored after 2 days..

iris_e's Profile Photo

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 3, 2005

I have mixed feelings. Really. I liked the resort (because I like really clean beaches) and its very secluded. There's an exclusivity kind of feeling because the beach is really quite a distance from the City Proper and at the same time the resort only caters to registered guests and a few day-visitors for a fee. There are about 70+++ rooms located all around (at the side of a hilly slope near the beach and of course beach front bungalows). There's cable (limited to about 10 channels - MTV, HBO, CNN, ABS-CBN... i forgot the rest), hot and cold water, rooms have their own sofa set, air-conditioned, large comfort room... and a mouse (i swear! a mouse ate my friend's soap!). Service would need a lot of improvement. (one: i had to fetch the waiter because he's so engrossed on watching over a foreigner having dinner; two: the receptionist doesn't smile, is not exactly helpful or accommodating and barks orders around at other staff while guests are present...Gosh! three: prepare to carry your own baggage because they won't help except if you're a celebrity, rich, look "rich", or a foreigner)

Would I recommend the resort? I really do have mixed feelings... but then there's quite a nice view of the beach. And the seafood is really fresh. Plus the privacy. Hmm... your choice.

Will I come back? I guess. Hey, I don't exactly have to depend on others to do things for me. So the waiter just stands there... I can call on him or fetch him again. (he did say sorry) I can bear with the unfriendly receptionist (i don't have to see her everyday anyways) I'm really scared of mice but then there are lots of plants and it is somewhat hilly so its acceptable that there are mice around i guess (just don't let them eat my stuff, please!) I do like the privacy the place offers. The seclusion. The isolation. Like I'm free from the worries of urban life....

Unique Quality: There are three big pools, one for kids.
They offer aqua sports (kayak, jet ski, diving, snorkeling, etc.).
Pirates Bar where you can sing at the karaoke/videoke machine.
St. James Bar for billiards and darts.
Various activities are being offered:

Directions: Dakak Bay

iris_e's Profile Photo

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 3, 2005

Unique Quality: There are three big pools, one for kids.
They offer aqua sports (kayak, jet ski, diving, snorkeling, etc.).
Pirates Bar where you can sing at the karaoke/videoke machine.
St. James Bar for billiards and darts.
Various activities are being offered:

• Fitness Center
  • Free Parking
  • Kids Activities

Dipolog Travel Forum

Need advice about Dipolog, Philippines? Visit the Travel Forum for Dipolog and ask our Answer Gurus.

Dipolog Travel Guide