Dapitan City, Zamboanga Del Norte, Dipolog, Mindanao, Philippines

Dakak Park & Beach Resort
Agoda.com Booking.com Asiatravel.com

Satisfaction Average

• DaKaK Park Beach Resort

Facilities are good..Service is good. The menu not really for a foreigner but is good enough so u will not starve.

What peeved me was that once you are in there you are stuck. The resort is a fair distance from downtown Dipolog..

There is no transport from this resort to down town Dipolog to give u a break from the facilities unless you use the resorts service. This will cost u a minimum fee of 450 peso a person..

Surely this Hotel that charges $150..us or 6,800peso a night could have a free service to the guests. It is just one of the many hidden charges that will await you.

I would suggest you stay for one or two nights only.. Once you jetski, swim, play tennis then you are finished. Boring..

Unique Quality: Its ok...Go to Boracay and not get bored after 2 days..

• iris_e's Profile Photo

Dakak Park Beach Resort

I have mixed feelings. Really. I liked the resort (because I like really clean beaches) and its very secluded. There's an exclusivity kind of feeling because the beach is really quite a distance from the City Proper and at the same time the resort only caters to registered guests and a few day-visitors for a fee. There are about 70+++ rooms located all around (at the side of a hilly slope near the beach and of course beach front bungalows). There's cable (limited to about 10 channels - MTV, HBO, CNN, ABS-CBN... i forgot the rest), hot and cold water, rooms have their own sofa set, air-conditioned, large comfort room... and a mouse (i swear! a mouse ate my friend's soap!). Service would need a lot of improvement. (one: i had to fetch the waiter because he's so engrossed on watching over a foreigner having dinner; two: the receptionist doesn't smile, is not exactly helpful or accommodating and barks orders around at other staff while guests are present...Gosh! three: prepare to carry your own baggage because they won't help except if you're a celebrity, rich, look "rich", or a foreigner)

Would I recommend the resort? I really do have mixed feelings... but then there's quite a nice view of the beach. And the seafood is really fresh. Plus the privacy. Hmm... your choice.

Will I come back? I guess. Hey, I don't exactly have to depend on others to do things for me. So the waiter just stands there... I can call on him or fetch him again. (he did say sorry) I can bear with the unfriendly receptionist (i don't have to see her everyday anyways) I'm really scared of mice but then there are lots of plants and it is somewhat hilly so its acceptable that there are mice around i guess (just don't let them eat my stuff, please!) I do like the privacy the place offers. The seclusion. The isolation. Like I'm free from the worries of urban life....

Unique Quality: There are three big pools, one for kids.
    They offer aqua sports (kayak, jet ski, diving, snorkeling, etc.).
    Pirates Bar where you can sing at the karaoke/videoke machine.
    St. James Bar for billiards and darts.
    Various activities are being offered:

White sand

Directions: Dakak Bay

• iris_e's Profile Photo

Dakak Park Beach Resort

Unique Quality: There are three big pools, one for kids.
    They offer aqua sports (kayak, jet ski, diving, snorkeling, etc.).
    Pirates Bar where you can sing at the karaoke/videoke machine.
    St. James Bar for billiards and darts.
    Various activities are being offered:

Great view of Dakak Bay
    White sand

Directions: Dakak Bay

More about Dakak Park Beach Resort

Things to do all in water

by Yla

Dakak is huge, HUGE place! The gate is a great distance from the resort area and the restaurant was surprisingly efficient and complete to suite all types of taste buds. There are lots of things to do - dream away on one of the hammocks scattered around the place, go kayaking, or water-biking, surf, jet-ski ... or soak in one of the 4 swimming pools, one of which is a salt-water pool.

Swim! Use the Whirpool! Jacuzzi! Sauna! at Dakak

by iris_e

There are three pools around the resort. One is in front of the beach with landscaped miniature waterfalls and another (much bigger) at the back. A kiddie pool is located near the Aqua Sports Center.

The whirpool is just a small jacuzzi-like pool right beside one of the pools. The jacuzzi and sauna is located near the restaurant.

Where in the Philippines is Dipolog?

by iris_e

"Mindanao, Philippines"

Dipolog is in the the province of Zamboanga del Norte in Mindanao. I wasn't really able to travel around Dipolog (except the airport) because I headed straight to DAKAK PARK BEACH RESORT in Dapitan about 30-45 minutes from the Dipolog Domestic Airport.

"Dakak"

Dakak Park Beach Resort was once a very famous resort in the Philippines. In the early 1990s it won an award as one of the best hotels & resorts (note that these are awarded not only by Philippine agencies but also an international award-giving body. In 1992 it was given a certificate of Excellence by the Presitigious Resorts of the World (according to Pilmap). It's one of the first if not THE FIRST first class resort established in Mindanao.

"My Stay"

My stay is filled with ups and downs. The resort is very comfortable. Food is fresh and really delicious. And reasonably priced too. There may be a few staff that need hospitality training though. Make sure to check my tips for additional info.

Dakak Park Beach Resort photo by irisDakak Park Beach Resort photo by iris

Dakak gateDakak gate

Dakak front-houseDakak front-house

Dakak photo by irisDakak photo by iris

Dipolog: Dakak Beach Resort

by Yob

Anybody whos been here? Need some tips and comments about this resort. Im planning to go here this Feb.

Re: Dipolog: Dakak Beach Resort

by mayt

though the resort is known but to locals, we prefer the boracay, bohol, cebu and palawan area. unless, you will really be visiting dipolog then it is already an opportunity to go there the areas mentioned above are better than dakak.

Re: Re: Dipolog: Dakak Beach Resort

by Yob

Tnx for the info. Iv been to the above mentioned beaches and i agree w/ you, they're all great in different ways!

Re: Re: Dipolog: Dakak Beach Resort

by Yob

Tnx for the info. Iv been to the above mentioned beaches and i agree w/ you, they're all great!

Comments