Harolds Mansion

See Amenities
FernandoD's Profile Photo

Harolds "Crap" Mansion

by written on December 26, 2012

Eventhough we try to do our best to make it work, it was impossible to have a good time at HM.

1- No airport pick up ( they forgot, at least they paid the trycicle )
2- Not hot shower for at least 3 days after complaining about it ( not a big deal but after a diving day spending lots of money to dive at Apo is nice to have one )
3- Outstanding bland food, ( anyway is cheap if you don´t have taste buds )
4- Unorganized tours, they always need 4 people and you never know when you are gonna dive or see the falls, etc, they wake you up the next morning to tell you. ( What happens if you say no and you let down the other guys that need you? They won´t be enough people to go and you screw them that day...
5- Toxic trucks, their vehicles are the most polluting than I have seen, if you take one and for sure you will seat at the back, expect to return with your lungs as black as pitch
5- Unfriendly and unhelpfull recepcionist.
6- They don´t care about your safety only about the money. Casaroro falls are known to be dangerous as the flashfloods can trap people on their way and there´s nowhere to run on heavy rainy days. They don´t tell you this, and they send you there even if it´s raining, and if they say that is ok to go with flip-flops, DON´T, it´s slippery.
7-Don´t bother to complain to Harolds K. V. he only will say, "we are not perfect, it´s a cheap place" of course, should I´ve known it before... but I least I expected to be honest and fair with backpakers, we are not seeking for luxury.
8- Loud roofdeck, don´t expect to have much sleep if you dive the next morning earlier as they seem to give more importance to the parties.

It´s a good place only to meet people, but any place is also good to meet people.
There´s more in Dumaguete than Harolds Crap-sion.

I guess we are not perfect costumers either.

Best Regards.
Fernando & Maria.

Unique Quality: None.

Worst Hotel in Dumaguete

by written on September 13, 2010

I dont recommend Harold's Mansion, simply because it has horrible, terrible and worst service offer ever!
1. I waited at the airport for their "free pick up" but no one came. When i reached the mansion the receptionist says that "Sorry sir I forgot to text you to say that we have no available driver to pick you up!
2. They gave room 207 with a very dark aisle, and drifting water in the ceiling which we assume coming from the comfort room of the 3rd floor. Due to this they relocate us to 3rd floor. We went to a night life after that.
4. When we came back the whole room floor was flooded!! we call the front desk but no one is available to attend our concern. Only the guard on duty who knows nothing. They dont even have rugs or mops.
5. We decided to pull out our things and get refund. But they say no one is allowed to attend to our concern.
6. We demand the number of certain Harold who "owns the mansion" but they have no numbers of that said Harold.
7. Other guest also complained that they have concerns who no one attended.
8. to add up, staff didnt even know how to operate the wifi!
9. they offer free coffee or tea the whole day! but the canteen is until 10 pm only!

I dont recommend this Mansion, you will have the worst stay in Dumaguete!

Worst Hotel in Dumaguete

by written on September 13, 2010

7. Other guest also complained that they have concerns who no one attended.
8. to add up, staff didnt even know how to operate the wifi!

I dont recommend this Mansion, you will have the worst stay in Dumaguete!

Harolds Mansion

• Harolds Mansion Hotel Dumaguete City

Address: 205 Hibbard Avenue, Dumaguete City, Philippines

7 Photos of Harolds Mansion

View Professional Photos

Amenities at Harolds Mansion

• Free High Speed Internet

Dumaguete Travel Forum

Need advice about Dumaguete, Philippines? Visit the Travel Forum for Dumaguete and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Dumaguete hotel reviews