Philippines Hotels

Our Members Say

• passingshadows profile photo passingshadows
  • Reviews: 17

Sofitel Manila Plaza: A relaxing oasis in a very busy city

Lovely and incredibly relaxing. I stayed there for a week and found my visit very pleasant, the staff friendly and the views breathtaking. I requested a bay view room and was given a room on the 9th floor overlooking Manila bay. It was wonderful to sit out on the balcony and soak in the sunset as the city slowly lit up like stars. Wonderful experience, would definitely stay here again!

The hotel is situated some distance from the main city area and is directly beside Manila bay. An ideal location as it's close enough to the city to be able to conveniently access shopping, nightlife etc, but far enough away to relax in peaceful surroundings.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Spa and Resort, Food and Dining
  • Written July 17, 2013
Tip Photo

• aicebreaker profile photo aicebreaker
  • Reviews: 3

Heart of Manila: Manila Hotel

Manila Hotel offers more than 500 guests rooms that are all equipped with modern amenities designed for comfort. The rooms are all exquisitely decorated in a classic Filipinina theme visible in the use of capiz shells, wood furniture, and paintings by Filipino artists. Each room is spaciously outfitted with advanced in-room technology and takes advantage of the hotel’s location with the rooms overlooking the Manila Bay, the magnificent sunset, or the fascinating view of Intramuros.

Manila Hotel is located by the picturesque Manila Bay at heart of Manila, Philippines. With a legacy of service spanning 100 years, it is the only hotel in the country that perfectly mirrors the best of Filipino culture, history, and hospitality. This makes Manila Hotel more than a hotel but a national landmark that is genuinely and truly Filipino. In addition, it has over 500 rooms and suites and has function rooms that can accommodate up to 2,500 guests. Its line-up of elegant restaurants offers Chinese, French, Continental, Western, Japanese, and native cuisines. The Manila Hotel also has a pool, a newly opened Spa and Health Club that are complete with state-of-the-art equipment and facilities.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Business Travel, Spa and Resort
  • Written May 16, 2013

hotel front

• larry17 profile photo larry17
hostel: cebu hostel

What would travelers do w/o you?
I've done a little research and have been recommended The Banana Moon cantina hostel in Cebu (mactan.com/hostel.html)sounds like the deal there. Think I'll stay there to acquaint with new country, cash some $$ and head out of town. Will check out La Fiesta when in Dumaguete (Bacong).
Don't know which way to head once out of Cebu-who knows maybe you'll still be there and buy you that beer I owe you!!
Thanks
Larry

• Written March 12, 2012

• DAO profile photo DAO
  • Reviews: 3550

VILLA CAMILLA: UPS AND DOWNS

I got sold on this place due to a guide book talking about a ‘swim up pool in the back’. I thought it might be nice to lie around the pool, dip in when I got hot and get a nice cold beer from the bartender. I did take note that rooms were a ‘bit basic’. Then I saw their website. Wow! This place looked palatial on their site so I booked. I had to transfer 50% to their bank account beforehand – no problem.

So what did I get? 2 basic rooms (will explain in a minute) and a small pool with a swim-up bar. Except the bar was empty and not even a staff member around. In fact it took me 2 days to find out there was a small bar on the roof. Oh well.

Basic room is fine except the mattresses were horrendous and there was not even a bar of soap on offer. Luckily I had one in my case. The towels and sheets were never changed. Staff were friendly, but never left the desk at the front of the property.

The plus points of this hotel would be 1) a fantastic location right on the beach and 2) it was quiet.

Other than that, not much to say. They did have wifi and there were places to hang you clothes outside of the rooms. I had a second, more expensive, room on the last night because they were fully booked. I couldn’t see a real difference.

No air-conditioning, but the rooms are shaded and did stay cool and had a big fan. No problem.

I never saw the promised ‘TV in every room’ in any of the rooms I saw and I stayed in 2 of them.

Would I stay here again? No. I need a reasonable mattress. Bringing your own soap and shampoo I could live with, but you think they would mention this in their fantasy looking website. Then again it might make you think the pictures are too good to be true.

• Related to: Singles, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Beaches
  • Written February 7, 2012

VILLA CAMILLA

• maria0404 profile photo maria0404

sharkdiveresort: anilao

here is scuba diving resort
Here breakfast, lunch, dinner, and diving
Package
Korea food and Filipino food can be eaten.
It is very delicious ~
Will be a great experience.
Amazing sunsets are ... in anilao
Fantastic dive!
There is no additional charge for freediving.
Night diving for free! Fantastic ^ ^
let's go sidemount!
let's go Scuba diving!
Enjoy the sunset while watching a holiday^^

There is no additional charge for freediving.
Night diving for free! Fantastic ^ ^
Only the package pricea (ššššš)

You will be able to make a good choice!!!

• Related to: Diving and Snorkeling
  • Written February 5, 2012

• acommon1 profile photo acommon1
  • Reviews: 90

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Shangru-La (Edse): Nice resting spot!

Metro-Manilia.

Walking distance from a couple of Mega malls. Simple urban walking because the main streets tend to be easy to follow. No need to retrace your steps if you "a common" sense of direction.

Comfort and room set up.

Loved the uniforms for all the employees. What made them special was mostly the following:
-- Bright colors
-- Pride the employees had
-- Neatness

If I have the hotel right, they had elevator operators who were extremely polite and a bit shy but where buttoned up regarding helping you around the hotel.

People
-- employees
-- security
-- jazy singers

Centrally located.

More upscale that its surrounds. But, isn't that usually the case in most countries?

More pricey that I'd like but it was to be expected. Still, it is worth it if you're new to Manilia. Good idea if you want to make certain that your personal stuf is safe.

• Related to: Food and Dining, Business Travel, Arts and Culture
  • Written February 5, 2012

• LJWTRAIN profile photo LJWTRAIN
  • Reviews: 2

Mabini Mansion: Goot times in Mabini

I booked Mabini online and when i arrived was not too impressed with the outside. When i arrived at the front desk were very nice and friendly. They took me to my room and that is when my impressions started to change. The room was huge and it had its own kitchen. Throughout my entire stay i did not have any complaints. The staff are wonderful and honest people. I had a safe in my room that was very easy to use and the location of the hotel is almost perfect for whatever you want to do in manila. I was a block away from historical Rizal Park which is very beautiful. I was with in a couple blocks from great nightlife spots. The one thing that impressed me most of all is how well they take care of you and your security.

• Related to: Music, Singles, National/State Park
  • Written June 19, 2011

• inartlella25 profile photo inartlella25

Hotel Room Accommodation: Castle Bernardina Hotel @ Lucena City

Castle Bernardina Hotel, BAr & Restaurant was the best hotel in Lucena City I encountered.. Not just because they offer the cheaper price for room accommodations as low as P930.00 and discounts, I always choose that hotel because they always meet my satisfaction. They provide comfort to their guest, the personnels are very hospitable, kind and always smilling, the foods are great and affordable. They also give complimentary snack upon check-in. The Rooms are not crowded I can feel that I am in my own room :D. The location is very accessible for travellers like me and it was located beside SM City Lucena. So if you need to go to the bank, exchange currency, shopping..you don't need a ride.. a 2-3 minutes walk can do.So if you are looking for a hotel accommodation I highly recommend CASTLE BERNARDINA HOTEL @ LUCENA CITY.

• Written January 28, 2011
Tip Photo

• antonpopa profile photo antonpopa
  • Reviews: 29

Metro Park Hotel: Best in Cebu

Metro Park Hotel is now looking like new. In and out is completely remodeled...The rooms are cleaner, the service is better, the exterior look is sharper, new paint job make it look like a 5 star hotel.
For 800 pss/ night rate you cannot go wrong.

The hotel has a newly resurfaced pool and serviced daily. Food served at the 4th level is delicious and inexpensive.

• Related to: Study Abroad, Budget Travel, Singles
  • Written September 22, 2010

• kidfree profile photo kidfree
  • Reviews: 84

Mandarin Oriental: Great service in Makati

We all need to have a bit of a splurge occasionally and Manila is a city that makes it a bit more affordable. We certainly wouldn`t be able to stay at a hotel of this class back in the UK.
I originally booked a deluxe room for my wife and I after getting a good promo rate which included a buffet breakfast. At short notice I had to add our two kids to the room and the alteration was dealt with very smoothly, a plus for the booking staff.
I had read one or two negative reviews of late, mainly saying how much the hotel needed an upgrade. Sure, the decoration is a little tired and one or two fixtures might be past their prime but hey, the same could be said about me!
The room was a decent size and the bed was big and comfortable, everything worked and above all it was clean and well kept. Staff at the Mandarin are some of the most helpful I have come across and the service was faultless.
One bonus of staying here is the breakfast, one of the best buffets I have ever had, anywhere. Everything I could think of seemed to be available and we could have eaten enough to last us for the best part of a day.
A thoroughly enjoyable stay and I will look out for another good deal there next time we are in town.

Great staff, well kept rooms and public areas, fantastic breakfast.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Family Travel, Luxury Travel, Business Travel
  • Written May 1, 2010

Double Deluxe & extra bed

• kidfree profile photo kidfree
  • Reviews: 84

Tonglen Resort Boracay: Peace and Comfort in Boracay

We spent a while looking for a hotel in Boracay after finding out our favourite hotel was no more. I`d heard about the development on the island and we needed somewhere away from too much noise, good for families and preferably with a pool.
Tonglen seemed to fit the bill and we were not dissappointed. A room with 2 double beds, TV, aircon and shower was ideal for the four of us. Set back from the beach but a short stroll away provided the location we wanted.
The neat gardens viewed from our little terrace were an ideal way to enjoy a sunset drink and a couple of minutes away the clean and cool pool provided a welcome respite from the heat with plenty of shade to make yourself comfortable in. Included in our rate was an ample breakfast served by friendly staff.
Its always nice when a place lives up to expectations and more and we will make Tonglen our base when we visit again.

Relaxing, well kept. Good rooms and friendly service, nice swimming pool.

• Related to: Beaches, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Family Travel
  • Written April 29, 2010
Tip Photo

Pool from first floor room

• iretyc profile photo iretyc
  • Reviews: 126

Maribago Bluewater: relaxing environment

in general the services and facilities are good. One flaw is the curtain-less setup in the room for which I stay next to the swimming pool. Bit noisy in the morning and kinda too bright to sleep sweet on holiday.

• Related to: Family Travel
  • Written April 9, 2010

• danzos11 profile photo danzos11

Florentina Homes Apartment Hotel: One of the Finest Dumaguete Hotels

During my first stay in the city of Dumaguete, I came to find this cozy apartelle named Florentina Homes. This is exactly the place I was looking for coz it was really fancy yet very homey. The cozy European interiors reminds me of my place in Belgium and I just love it. But, best of all, it didn't cost that much get such kind of luxury.

homey, beautiful interiors, quiet, nice ambiance, food and cafe accessible, swimming pool

• Related to: Backpacking, Business Travel, Family Travel
  • Written February 22, 2010

• adventures4Lyfe profile photo adventures4Lyfe
  • Reviews: 8

Alpa City Suites: Comfort in Cebu City

We (couple) stayed in the Premier suite for 4 nights and we were very comfortable. The bed is soft and makes for a good night's sleep. The amenities in the room are great: hot water, complimentary water botels, microwave, blow-dryer, dental kit, shower cap, slippers and t.v. with international channels including HBO and Star Movies. Also provided is an internet cable free of charge.
The staff was very friendly and always greeted us with a smile and were always more than happy to give us tips on where to spend our days or to hail a taxi.
The breakfast wa included in the rate that we purchased from Agoda.com and although it might not suit some Western tastes, it is tasty and warm. They had an egg station, fresh fruit choices and bread with an available toaster and toaster oven. The staff promptly tended to our needs and if the food required reheating, they were happy to do so upon request.

For some this might be a con, but this hotel does not have a pool or the most impressive view but it is a very short distance to shopping which can be reached in under 10 minutes by taxi at a great rate of under p50.

• Related to: Architecture, Historical Travel
  • Written February 19, 2010

• EdiSegi profile photo EdiSegi

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Montebello villa hotel: good place to stay

This hotel is a quit place in a very busy city. The rooms are old, but in a good condition.
The sevice is good, also like the breakfast.

Great big swimming pool, beautiful garden

• Related to: Family Travel, Budget Travel