Philippines Hotels

Our Members Say

• jeannechuamendoza profile photo jeannechuamendoza

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Villa Alzhun Tourist Inn and Restaurant: Villa Alzhun big disappointment

We stayed for 3 days 2 nights at Villa Alzhun from Jan. 21 – 23, 2010. The management of Villa Alzhun should really improve on a lot of things before accepting booking from Customers. I am posting this review so that a would-be vacationer who wants to enjoy Bohol which is a beautiful place to relax would really think hard before making a reservation at Villa Alzhun. Also, I wanted to share my experience with Villa Alzhun so that they will never experience what my family experienced when we stayed there.

Why did I chose Villa Alzhun in the first place? I have read three wonderful reviews on Villa Alzhun in the internet. The place seemed wonderful based on the reviews and unfortunately I fell for it. There are several reasons why Villa Alzhun was a big disappointment.

(1) When we arrived, nobody greeted us. I even asked where Noemi is, my email correspondent from Villa Alzhun, whom I made my booking. She just smiled. No greetings at all. No shake hands. No words spoken such as how’s our journey from Cebu to Bohol, etc…
(2) On our first day, we found out that the shower curtain was so moldy!
(3) The floor mat right outside our CR door was so dirty! This was just our first day!
(4) The hot and cold shower of the room assigned to us (room 303) was not working. The technician told us to wait for 10 minutes with the shower open before the water gets warm. After 10 minutes, the temperature of the water remained the same.
(5) On our last dinner (Jan. 22), I was asking for ice for my iced tea. The waiter who served our dinner told me that they ran out of ice and that I needed to wait because somebody was buying it somewhere. After 10-15 minutes, I followed it up only to find out that nobody was actually getting the ice for me.
(6) The swimming pool’s water was not clear so we decided not to use it.
(7) The staff were not communicative and warm as if we were aliens from outer space.

This is not an exaggeration. I hope the Management of Villa Alzhun would read this and make huge improvements because Bohol is such a wonderful place and I intend to return there someday but definitely I will stay anywhere but Villa Alzhun.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Family Travel
  • Written January 26, 2010

• MTrue profile photo MTrue
  • Reviews: 58

Sam´s Guesthouse in Zamboanga City: If you are in Zamboanga City

Sam`s Guesthouse Zamboanga City

Sam´s Guest house is a home away from Home.
It is a Private Guesthouse a 300 sq meter proberty there are in a friendly peaceful neighbourhood
Some rooms have been added in a newer building agross from the main House on the same proberty.
For those who like to buy and cook their own food a built in kitchen is there to suit your needs.

Airport Pick up is available .Driver and car are available for hire and tour guiding.

It is an inexspensive alternative to the Hotels and resorts in and around Zamboanga City.

Sam`s Guest House is located at the Sto.Nino Village Subdivision Putik near the GUIWAN Market and Zamboanga City´s BUS terminal approx.10 MInutes from where you can travel anywhere in Mindanao.

If you arrive by bus from any place in Mindanao you don`'t have to go downtown Sam's Guesthouse is just around to let you have your rest.
Sam`s Guesthouse is very close to those who arrive by bus from other cities to go for a visa run (Foreigners im particular)in Malaysia using the Zamboanga -Sandakan ship route with Alison Shipping line.
The boat leaves the Philippines in Zamboanga Pier on Mondays and Thursdays and returns the following day. The immigration line up begins at 10am and the boat’s crew plans to leave at 2pm.

Sam`S Guesthosue is agross from the Yubenco SHoppingmall just an approx. five minutes walk from the Front Gate to the Mall.
10 minutes to the big Guiwan market where Guests can buy fruits and other things.

It takes 20 minutes by car to the Beach resorts in Zamboanga City or 20 minutes to the City center,the beautiful Pasonanca Park ,Boalan Swimming park and10 minutes by Car to Lunzuran a beautiful mountain location .If you are looking for a church to worship it takes about 10 minutes by car.
Taxi´s and other transportation are just 5 minutes away along the Highway

When you are in Zamboanga don 't miss to go to the famous pink and white sand Islands of Sta Cruz.
Or travel to BOlong beach and the stunning 11 islands of the coast of bolong approx.35 Km drive along the ocean from Sam`s Guesthouse.

Unique Qualities: Sam ´s Guesthouse has two Bedrooms
There are rooms also in a new building

It has a nice Garden in a quite envirionment.It is a safe quite place .
It is a good location from where you have access to a market so there is no need to travel into the city ,the Bus terminal is close by .Beach resorts and the City center can be reached by car in 20 min.
The Guesthosue is not far from the Guiwan shopping and market complex with Banks and fruitstands .
Transportation and Driver is also available directly form the Guesthouse by arrangement.

The place is not far from the Lunzuran Mountains a beautiful place with a nice mountain view.Some of teh best houses in the Philippines (with swimming pool) can be seen there.
Shopping is also literally at your Doorsteps

Theme: Pension/Guesthouse
Comparison: least expensive
Prices: US$20-40 » Currency Converter
Phone: Editha Fernandez 00639051441034 or 00639152768815
Address: Sam´s Guesthouse Zamboanga Sto.Nino Village Putik Block 8 LOT 6 Attn: by May 2010 New Cell phone Nr: Editha Fernandez 0063 9051441034
Directions: Sam`s Guest House is located at Sto.Nino Village Subdivision Putik near the GUIWAN Market and Zamboanga City´s BUS terminal approx.10 MInutes from where you can travel anywhere in Mindanao.
It is across from the Yubenco SHoppingmall.
Website: Intern Contact Nr: 0049 7447 29 15 57 Mr. Wahr

Please go the Zamboanga City accomodation page and check for all the deatails,salamat.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written January 18, 2010

Sam's Guesthouse in Zamboanga City

• arbeid74 profile photo arbeid74
  • Reviews: 10

Amontillado Beach & Dive Resort: An oasis

Run by a Dutch/German couple and dive enthousiasts they have created an oasis of 10.000 m2 lush green garden with beautiful bungalows and a pool.
This pool is also used for the PADI (dive) course.
They have good food and offer phantastic dive excursions

• Related to: Diving and Snorkeling, Water Sports, National/State Park
  • Written December 1, 2009

• twkh profile photo twkh
  • Reviews: 2

Seorabeol Grand Leisure Hotel: Subic hotel

It was ok.. if you get the standard room... P2750 make sure u are not in room 110. Your window faces a wall. Nice clean hotel. For the price, it comes with 2 set breakfasts. The breakfast was nothing to shout about. Either American set, or Filipino set. If you take filipino set you will end up with garlic fried rice every morning.. :( I stayed 3 nights.. and had the omelette with ham and veges almost everyday. Food is 5/10..

Hotel is clean and when I stayed in mid October, it was quite empty. Wanted to swim in the pool once about 10am but it was with leaves.. looks... i repeat.. looks.. clean...

Otherwise it was an ok stay. Getting a cab to pick you up is not a problem as the reception can call one for you.

Right in front of the boardwalk for great walks in the evening watching the sun set. FANTASTIC

• Written October 24, 2009

• twkh profile photo twkh
  • Reviews: 2

Pacific Breeze: In Angeles, you can't go wrong

Service from staff was great. I stay few times here. Right at the heart of the action in Fields Avenue.. for the 'adventurous' ..
stayed here once on my birthday and they (about 10 or so of them) came up to my room with a suprise ake and singing happy birthday... something money cant buy.

food is good. especially the grilled ham and cheese sandwitch.
Price is reasonable. from USD 48 for a basic room.

• Written October 24, 2009

View of the pool

• wengpal profile photo wengpal

motel/hotel: Aj Hi Time

Even though my parents still ahve ahouse in kidapawan.I always stay in this hotel coz its really close to sowntown,bout 2 to 3 minutes.And the food is awesome and the rooms are a bit old and out of style but for 25 USD its ok.

• Related to: National/State Park, Backpacking, Eco-Tourism
  • Written September 30, 2009

• mitch_01 profile photo mitch_01

Oasis Park Hotel: Budget Friendly Hotel in Manila

You should try Oasis Park Hotel,I enjoyed my stay here and its definitely not a pain in the pocket!

Oasis is a budget friendly hotel ( you can get a good room at about $30-$40 only) and with that you can use the pool , jacuzzi and even Wifi for free.

It is also near historical places in Manila like Fort Santiago (must see) and of course it is near MALLS and night spots in Manila!

The location is really good so I think you guys will enjoy your stay! :) Just ask the staff on places to go in Manila and they will gladly assist you on this (I'm not sure if they still have the tourist office , but the staff are accommodating so they will definitely help you out just like what they did for me)

They also have Airport to Hotel transpo and Airport to Hotel transpo, convenient!

I highly recommend this hotel for travelers!

The great thing about Oasis Park Hotel is its strategic location and the staff are a gem , they are definitely willing to help you out!

• Related to: Golf, Family Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written September 22, 2009

• XF2009 profile photo XF2009
  • Reviews: 6

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Lantaka by the Sea (Zamboanga): Seen Better Times

While researching for hotels in Zamboanga, I came across a name that I remembered from many, many years back growing up--Lantaka Hotel in Zamboanga. I remember it being 'upscale', and people back then considered it a "high-class" hotel. Well, times have changed. Although there was hardly anything on the hotel online on how to reserve (no website, no email, no nothing), I called the facility directly and booked a room.

I arrived on a nice, sunny day in early August (2009) in Zamboanga and was picked up by the hotel's van (a good deal for P75 so better to pre-arrange it as the tricycles and jeeps can gouge you), and found the place to be in a fairly nice neighborhood near the city hall, Fort Pilar, and the downtown shopping district.

The hotel itself is very old, and is in dire need of an upgrade. The lobby was dark (which was okay), and had traditional decors and two large wilted flowers in big vases. It was warm--due to poor insulation (gaps in the entry doors), the airconditioning could hardly keep up. The hallways to the room was dark and hot (no a/c). The scent and darkened hallways reminded me of the Bablyon Hotel in Baghdad when I worked in that city.

The room itself was very big, and had a nice view of the pool. It is however a throwback to the 70's--parkay flooring, old rattan and wooden furnitures, thin sheets and towels. There were no other amenities other than a phone and small bars of soap--no tourist guide maps, hotel information, shampoo, etc. Nonetheless, the room had everything I need--a somewhat working A/C (either the room was too big for it to completely cool, or it just wasn't up to the task), an electric fan, a comfortable bed, and decent bathroom.

The pool is nice and inviting, and it's just a stones' throw away from the ocean (not swimmable). The gardens in the back are nice as well.

As for other amenities, I didn't try the restaurant as I thought it was overpriced for this type of hotel (4-star prices for a 1 1/2 star hotel). There is a P55/day (7am to 7am the next day--don't know why) charge for wireless Internet, but you can only access it from the lobby OR the restaurant. They will let you sit down in the restaurant if you have your laptop with you.

Decent pool, nice quiet location near Fort Pilar, City Hall, and downtown shopping. People at the hotel are incredibly friendly.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written August 7, 2009

My Cebu Pacific flight from Davao to Zamboanga

• XF2009 profile photo XF2009
  • Reviews: 6

Oxford Suites Hotel: Spartan, Yet Adequate

Stayed at the Oxford Suites in Burgos Street, about a 20 minute walk to the financial center. Although technically still in Makati, the hotel is located in the nightlife/red light district of the city. The hotel itself is not bad, the lobby new, and the facilities adequate (tried out the gym, the restaurant). They upgraded me to a junior suite (Rm. 911), which I thought was nice--had a beautiful view of Fort Bonificacio skyline, but it was configured rather awkwardly in a semi-circular manner and the furnishings are plain old. Nonetheless, it was a place to stay and it was more than what I needed. Even though I was on the 9th floor, I can still hear the tourists drunkards, women (probably prostitutes) and street folks make a rauckus after closing time at ~3am. Luckily I was high enough to avoid the flashing/blinking lights of the clubs.

Breakfast I thought was very good, considering that it was a breakfast buffet. The location is pretty ideal especially if you categorize yourself under "dirty old man" or "sleazy" (hey... to each his own! ;-) Otherwise, it's still not a bad location given the proximity to The Fort and Makati financial district. Staff was very friendly.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Business Travel, Singles
  • Written August 4, 2009

• Bioman57 profile photo Bioman57
  • Reviews: 4

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Discovery Hotel in Cagayan de Oro: Bad Hotel

The stay was bad from the get go. Rooms were dirty, service poor at best. For what we recieved we over paid by several hundred pesos a day.

Ate in the resturant on sight, 1.5 hrs wait for lunch and they did not even offer us drinks or an explaination and we were there at 11:45AM . Should have figured trouble when we were the only customers at the time. But others came in and were served, ate and left before we were.

Stay away bad place....

Dirty and smelly to say the least...

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Adventure Travel, Family Travel
  • Written July 30, 2009

• Vaneza profile photo Vaneza

Montebello Villa Hotel

This is our home every time we visit Cebu. The location is very convenient and safe. This hotel is not that expensive but have all the amenities you can find in those 5star hotels in Cebu. We always enjoy our stay. The employees are courteous and very accommodating. They're very efficient in cleaning up the rooms. The hotel serves different menu for breakfast (included in your accommodation fee) each day.

The rooms are not that small unless you choose in standard size room (but for me it's okay.. you get what you're paying for..:).. I prefer their deluxe room.

It's in the city but it's very quite.. which is good. The location is very convenient if you go to Ayala, SM.. and only walking distance to Country Mall and different restaurants.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Business Travel, Festivals
  • Written May 18, 2009

• alvinn318 profile photo alvinn318
  • Reviews: 4

Josephine Sandoval's LODGE: basic and afordable- best for budget travellers

It was a basic, affordable, and most accessible lodging house in CORON. The room consist of 2 twin beds, with cable tv, wifi. Toilets can be found outside the room. I think there were 5 of them. It was quite ok because their staffs are very friendly and accomodating. The rooftop was very huge and fresh. 1 minute your down at the tour booking office which offers the cheapest tour package compared with other offices. Another step your in a grocery mart to provide you with everything else you need at wholesale prices. The area is basically surrounded with grocery stores, internet cafe, fastfood, souvenir shops, hair salon, etc.. 100 meters away are the market, pharmacy, famous restaurants within the area.

I would say that Sandoval lodge is best for budget travellers. and yes, i will recommend it to my friends because of its accessibility and affordability.

per night on a high season , we paid 700 pesos (twin sharing) -aircon room
other lodging houses offered 1400+ during the high season

• Written May 11, 2009

• shngal12 profile photo shngal12
  • Reviews: 8

LA FIESTA RESORT BORACAY: Nice place to stay

The room me and my friends occupied has a veranda with sea view. It has tv (w/ cable), refrigerator, 2 queen sized beds and hot & cold shower (neat tiles)! There were times that the water pressure is not so good since it is located in the 2nd floor and you can not use the hot shower but the water runs ok for 24 hrs though. There are beach chairs available upon request.

The resort has a big veranda which enables us to just hang out there with chilled beer, even have our lunch and snacks there too... since it has a perfect location from the stores, food chains a very good view of the beach we often times stay at our room's veranda watching sunset and people walking to and fro, also with good sounds coming from the bars located nearby!

• Written May 10, 2009

• Penelope4 profile photo Penelope4
  • Reviews: 461

La Maja Rica Hotel: Tarlac's Great Hotel

I am from Tarlac but I've decided to stay one night in a hotel when my neighbors played Karaoke all day and all night long to celebrate a birthday.

The hotel has a good reputation. It is ideal for families and the place is well monitored.

It has a swimming pool, very clean rooms, restaurant, meeting rooms and a bar. Adjacent to it are grocery stores, hair salon and other shops. One of the city's finest spa is walking distance.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel
  • Written April 27, 2009

• kenstan profile photo kenstan
  • Reviews: 80

Atrium Hotel: Nice hotel

Stayed here for 3 days very nice hotel for a low price very clean and big rooms.If this hotel was a few blocks in any direction it would be 3 times more money. Small mall conected to the hotel . Wire-less internet they charge for a internet card but it never works or I would have stayed longer.

• Written April 24, 2009