Iligan City Hotels

Our Members Say

• BobNewYork profile photo BobNewYork
  • Reviews: 36

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Plaza Alemania Hotel: Plaza Alemania Hotel Casino ( Iligans Newest )

For the past several years of my visits to Iligan City, I have been observing the total ground up restoration and refurbishment of this fine hotel. On my visit of 2013 Plaza Alemania was in the midst of a soft opening while final construction was still something on-going. I decided to wait until my visit late in 2014 several months after the official grand opening to enjoy the Plaza Alemania Experience for myself.

Checking in during the mid afternoon went smoothly and effortlessly and I was greeted by members of the very polite and professional staff at the front desk. I chose one of the " Amber " rooms as I felt it offered the most at a very reasonable price point. My room was on the third floor on the front of the building. Everything in the room appeared clean, fresh and new. Everything in the room checked out to be fully functional and of very nice quality. A quick check of the filter in the air conditioner was a good indication that it was being properly maintained which is something I always check on hotel visits. This room also has a small balcony area overlooking the street below which I found to be a very enjoyable feature. The bed was very comfortable and I had no problem having a good nights sleep. If there was any noise from the street below, I never noticed it. Everything in the " Comfort Room " ( Bathroom ) was in good order and there was ample hot water for the shower, something not always available in other lodging facilities in this city.

The first two floors of Plaza Alemania Hotel offer a very nice Casino for those that enjoy this kind of entertainment and amusement. It is operated by the Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation. This casino has been in full operation for about 2 years now and I enjoyed it on my visit of 2013 and 2014. A limited menu of food and beverages is available along with a table area for dining which is operated by the Casino. The casino gaming area is smoke free and there is an enclosed and well vented smoking area that I enjoyed while I was in the Casino. My non-smoking friends could not detect any odor of tobacco smoke anywhere in the gaming areas. The rest rooms were very clean, functional and well supplied.

Although it did not seem very busy at the time of my visit, I found the rooftop garden restaurant a pure delight. An extensive menu of Filipino and internationally known meal offerings include a wide selection of food and beverages and in house preparations that are sure to please. A very special and unique dessert named " Sendong Overload " was introduced in 2014 which has rapidly gained in popularity. All of the recipes at this restaurant are those of one of the owners who have gained a reputation of dining excellence in the City of Iligan for many years. There are several levels of dining areas consisting of the main dining area and upper levels of individual and group covered dining areas. At the very top dining area you can have excellent overviews of the city and the surrounding countryside creating a beautiful photo opportunity. Service was good as well as the food I enjoyed. Live entertainment in the main dining area is available on the weekends.

A large catering hall with a capacity for hundreds is available for weddings, conventions and catered affairs of all kinds. The catering facility has gained in popularity exponentially since it opened last year and for those contemplating having an affair here I would suggest booking well ahead of time. Many elegant themes are available to suit a wide variety of catered affairs.

Off street parking is available with taxi and jeepney public transportation readily available as well.

Eight types of rooms available at a cost I feel is competitive with other hotels in this city. Something from basic to posh and many options in between. For business or pleasure, individuals, couples and families I am sure you will have an enjoyable stay at Iligans newest, the Plaza Alemania Hotel.

Casino
Rooftop Garden Restaurant
Room Service
Catering facility
Indoor Pool
Off Street Parking
Best views of the city from the very top
Home of DXMA Radio 95.9 FM
WiFi

• Related to: Family Travel, Business Travel, Casino and Gambling
  • Written January 4, 2015

Plaza Alemania Hotel, Iligan City

• paolodecastro profile photo paolodecastro
  • Reviews: 227

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Ma. Cristina Hotel: A decent place to Stay when in Iligan

The hotel is Ok
It's a decent place to stay when you're in Iligan area
I think its the best in the area
and I saw many guest at that time......
perhaps its really is the nicest in the area......:)

The hotel has a restaurant in the Ground floor
and make sure if you will order something...
make an allowance of 30 minutes for them to prepare your meal

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written July 9, 2012

Facade of the Hotel

• BobNewYork profile photo BobNewYork
  • Reviews: 36

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Elena Tower Inn: Solid, Secure, Great Location.

A solid and secure Hotel featureing clean and tidy rooms with TV, Air Conditioning, Telephone, Hot and Cold water for the shower and sink. A previous review indicates a pool hall with college students hanging around playing pool. This no longer exists at Elena Towers. There is a sari sari ( convienience store ) and a Chow King fast food type restaurant on the ground level, very clean with great food and the service to match !

The lobby is clean, uncluttered with a staff that extends a warm and friendly greeting to all visitors and has proven themselves to me to be very helpful when needed. There is 24 uniformed security at Elena Towers and this hotel is accredited by the Region 10 Board of Tourism. This multi story building is equipped with an elevator and there is a standby generator in case of electrical power failure. Housekeeping at this hotel is excellent.

Within eyesight and just a few steps away from the hotel entrance you will find several food establishemnts such as Chow King, El Manual resto-bar, a photocopy shop, several internet cafes, and well within walking distance Jollibee ( the Philippines most famous fast food franchise ) and many other eatearies many with specialty items sure to please !

Elena Towers borders one of the Philippines finest Universities, Mindanao State University - Iligan Institute of Technology. You can have a fine overview of the campus from rooms on the upper floors. I have toured this University and met with Faculty, Staff, and Students there. The students here are well mannered, polite and well behaved, put simply, it is Not an " Annimal House " type of place so there is no fear of loud " Beer Bash " parties going on at all hours of the day and night to disturb you.

Although just outside of the " City Proper " ( downtown area ) there are numerous forms of public transportation available to you in about 5 minutes or less to take you anywhere in the city you would like to go. There is the recently opened Gaisano Mall a few blocks down the street and most other points in the city are just minutes away by Taxi or Jeepney.

I have stayed at the Elena Towers Inn 3 times, twice in 2008 and once in 2009 and I look forward to visiting again. For me, this hotel is in an excellent location and just where I want to be when I visit Iligan City so I have not tried any of the other fine accomodations that are available.

Cost for a single room for one was about 5000 PHP for a one week stay ! ( at the times of my visits )

( UPDATE )
I once again had a very enjoyable stay here on a visit in late 2010. This time I enjoyed the use of the WiFi internet access in the lobby, available at no additional charge for hotel guests. Everything from previous visits still applies.

UPDATE 2011
Elena Towers Inn is in the process of having an exterior facelift. The building is being painted and the front of the building is being given an entire new look. Same great acomodation and service from a great hotel staff ! I enjoyed staying here again in Nov 2011

UPDATE 2012 / 2013

A major facelift to the exterior was taking place toward the end of 2012 and has been completed. Upgrading of parts of the interior also completed. The night club that was next door and caused some reviewers here to complain about the noise, has closed down.

A 24 hour McDonalds was constructed and opened at the end of 2012 right across the street from Elena Towers.

Across the driveway from the hotel lobby entrance, a branch of the famous Iliganon Restaurant ( of Pala-O, Iligan City ) has opened and is very nice I ate there quite a few times on my visit of 2013.

Same familiar faces of the lobby and hotel staff as experienced in previous years with their most welcoming hospitality makes a repeat stay at Elena Towers like a visit to your friends. Always polite, courteous and helpful.

Nov 2013, Elena Tower Inn received a " Service Excellence Award " from the City of Iligan.

Excellent Location
24 Hour Uniformed & Armed Security
Accredited with Region 10 Board of Tourism
Hot & Cold water with good water pressure at all times
Excellent Housekeeping
Coffee Shop
Banquet and Meeting Room Facilities
Laundry Service
Warm and Friendly staff
Elevator
Emergency Backup Electrical Generator
Internet WiFi available in the lobby area
Convienience store, Fast Food, a variety of restaurants and eateries within a few steps of the entrance

Some great views of the city and surrounding area from upper floor windows
public transportation readily available, get anyplace in the city in just minutes !

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Business Travel, Family Travel
  • Written March 22, 2010

Elena Tower Inn, Iligan City, Philippines

• CharlesM profile photo CharlesM
  • Reviews: 1

Renee's Pension House: Nice Hotel and Massage in Iligan

Renee's pension house was very nice. We stayed there for a few nights, they have friendly staff and the rooms were very clean. There is also a Spa and Body Massage place in the same compound and they offer room service only for people staying at the hotel. We had a wonderful massage for 1 hour 45 minutes for 400 pesos. The restaurant at Renees was also good, I loved the tosilog for breakfast. They do both a Filipino and an American style breakfast so it is good for everyone.

Nice restaurant, spa service, walking distance to downtown, close to Tinago by Jeepney or cycle. Air conditioned rooms, laundry service, security guard 24 hours, wifi in the hotel and the spa.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Spa and Resort, Family Travel
  • Written February 4, 2009

• antzan profile photo antzan
  • Reviews: 2

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Rene,s diner & pensionhouse: Clean Iligan Hotel , fits for foreigners

Allready 6 times in 20 years , i visited iligan [ for my wife,s family ] and alway,s stay in house or hut. Now when our 3 daughters allso came with us , we looked for a hotel.
And , we found RENE,S Pensionhouse. Located on Roxas Avenue [ allso called Highway ]
Only a few minutes walk to City centrum.
We stayed 4 weeks , 1 double and 1 triple room [ all togther some Euro 600 ] means $ 900
or Peso 36000. [ thats Euro 20 or $30 a day ]
The food is good , the rooms cleaned every day , staff very friendly , do almost everything you ask, in a few minutes. You buy fresh bread across the road allso drinking water.
The shower has hot water.
For your diner in the evening you go to Mimi,s or Tita,s place [ 7 minutes walk ]
They have BBQ chicken , pork and normal foods. We paid never more than Euro2 [ $ 3 ] p.p.
Taxi from hotel to those places , about 40-50 peso [ $ 1 ] So , stay in Rene,s place , you won,t regret it.
Take a ride to Bucana Family beach [ almost free extrance ] , or Timoga Pools. [ 50 peso p.p. ]
We visit allso Maze Park with olympic size swimming pool. [ 25 peso p.p.
When visit Tinago falls , you have to go more than 200 steps down [ and up again ] but it
is great.
And in the city have a massage or pedicure. 200 peso each [ $ 4 ]

Hot water shower. Everyday clean your room. Moderate price for your room.
Walking distance to City. Dining room. Roomservice. TV and refrigerator in room.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Beaches
  • Written August 14, 2007

Tinago falls

Tinago Residence Inn: Tinago's Accomodation

It feels like you're away from miles and miles of the city as it's situated right next to the Tinago Falls where of course,its in the mountain. Fresh air and quite ambience..Perfect to those who fancy a self renewal!

I don't think the area has extra good facilities as it's newly reopened after a couple of year closed..if any questions I would be glad to help you though..drop me a line!

• Written July 3, 2003

Coconut huts!

• Reviews: 918

Smilers Inn: Beside the Swimming pools...

The place is away from the city with a mere 20 minutes ride. Beside the splashing and amazing flawing swimming pools which is located in Timoga Swimming Pools. Infront are restaurants that would suit your cravings of local foods specially the Lechon(roasted pig).

Clean and family owned which the owner is a family friend! Friendly staff and the best is the swimming pools.

• Written July 3, 2003

Smilers Inn

Maria Christina Hotel: Old Hotel

This hotel is kinda' old and I don't think they have a renovation yet but this is around the Iligans park plaza. Most of the people would rather stay here since its near to Bank, restaurants and Offices.

The place is little bit old and the rooms and the doors are very old but its very affordable though!

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written March 19, 2003

Elena Tower Inn: Iligan City's Best

Located in the heart of the small city. It's near in the Mindanao State University, so, the place has lots of students hanging out in the ground floor doing billiards and studying in the fastfoods! The ambience feels really home for me when I went home for years before I got back. We stayed here instead at our house but because we have lots of visitors then that was much better to stay out for awhile! My inlaws relatives arrived that time!

It's a 7 story building, they their elevator which is good! They have also big function room that can accomodate 500 people! They have the internet room and clean rooms too!

• Written March 19, 2003