Laoag City Hotels

Our Members Say

• jayjayc profile photo jayjayc
  • Reviews: 2111

Hotel Tiffany: Affordable

-Php750 / night - Single Room (Year 2013)
-Accepts major credit cards
-With A/C, flat screen 32" cable TV, private T&B (cold & hot)

• Written March 3, 2013
Tip Photo

• marlo.flores profile photo marlo.flores
  • Reviews: 14

Deluxe: Best Hotel in Laoag City

They offer excellent service! The staff are very helpful. It's located at the heart of the city so it's a good choice. They offer Ilocano's delicious food.

I was amazed with the great hotel structure...

HOW TO GET THERE:

By Land:
You can take a Fariñas Transit bus that regularly plies the Manila-Laoag/Ilocos Norte route. Its Manila terminal is located in Sampaloc, Manila, near UST.

By Air:
Regular daily flights by PAL, PAL Express, Cebu Pacific, and Mandarin Airlines.

• Related to: Historical Travel, Singles, Backpacking
  • Written April 2, 2012

• filipino_valkyrie profile photo filipino_valkyrie
  • Reviews: 4

Laoag Renzo Hotel: Value for money accommodation in Laoag City

While I was researching on where to stay in Laoag City, I was torn between Balay de Blas Pensionne House and Laoag Renzo Hotel. What made me choose Laoag Renzo Hotel was their promo of stay two nights, get the third night free. This would definitely stretch our budget a little longer.

At first, I was a bit apprehensive whether it would be a good place to stay. Thankfully, I was pleasantly surprised to find that it was not just affordable, it also provided excellent service and good accommodations.

We got a standard double room for P1,350. It was clean and comfortable. There was hot and cold shower, free wi-fi a ref, as well as complimentary breakfast for two. There was also a water boiler, hair dryer and television. As most hotels, it was air-conditioned. The wardrobe was big enough to accommodate two backpacks. The desk table was near two outlets if you have a computer or phone to charge. The bedside table also had a couple of plugs.

The rooms were found on the third and fourth floors. Some visitors might not like the fact that they had no elevators, but I did not mind it at all. It helps burn a few calories from all the wonderful Ilokano cuisine you will be eating. However, this place might not be advisable to older clients, those with small children or those on wheelchairs. If you also choose to stay here, better use duffel bags or backpacks instead of wheeled luggages.

The buffet breakfast was not that bad either. They offer three to four choices of viand, including a noodle based meal, friend rice and banana. You could also choose between coffee and a cold drink (iced tea or lemonade, depending on what is available). The first day, I chose coffee but found it too weak for my taste. The lemonade I had the next day was quite refreshing.

The staff are very accommodating. One even helped me find a massage place though they did offer home service. I told them I would rather go to the place (it would be cheaper). They got a reservation for me, even if they lose their commission if they were able to convince me to do a home service.

Over all, I would definitely recommend this place. It's location is strategic. There is a supermarket right beside it so you can buy yourself some supplies in case you run out. Plus the rooms are comfortable and the staff provide good service.

I appreciated that there was a water boiler so I could make my own coffee since I did not like the coffee they served at the buffet. There was also a fridge where we could keep our water cold. I was not expecting complimentary breakfast, but there it was for us to enjoy.

It is also strategically located in the middle of the city, making it accessible to public transportation. It was near a lot of eating places and is located right beside the supermarket where you can get supplies like toothpaste or toothbrush in case you forgot.

Their wifi is free, unlike higher end hotels. Even without us asking, they already provided us the passcode after we checked in.

Definitely, this place provided good service.

• Related to: Family Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written October 31, 2011
Tip Photo

Bed for a standard double room

• leahdominguiano profile photo leahdominguiano
  • Reviews: 17

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Fort Ilocandia Resort and Casino: Aristocratic in the Suburb

I planned a 4-day vacation in the Northern part of the Philippines to celebrate my 30th birthday with my husband and parents. Our route for this vacation was Laoag-Vigan-Pagudpud. The only airport in this area is Laoag International Airport and from there, you need to travel for about 2 km to reach Fort Ilocandia Resort and Casino. When we arrived, we weren't exactly head over heels with place since we got there about 7pm. We had our dinner at Palms Bar where I took the stage to sing "You to me are everything" and had a decent meal.

If you need a reliable and friendly tour guide with van, do all JASPER AT +63-9196981523. I also got his number from one of the reviews online. He didn't require deposit so you can just pay him when you meet. He can start his tour from Manila, Baguio or anywhere in the Northern part of the Philippines. He's a good find if you're clueless on where you want to go, where you should stay and where best to eat. He will provide you with a 4-day itinerary. Although in our case, I've long prepared our 4-day vacation. I suggest you start off with Laoag, then Vigan and end your tour in Pagudpud. One day tour for each town will suffice to cover all the known and tourist spots that you might want to visit.

Restaurants:
They have 4 restaurants:- Red 8 Asian Restaurant and Golden Pavilion were expensive (they were situated near the casino area at the second floor which wasn't as convenient as the other 2 restaurants for my dad). Cafe Ilocandia's price list was justifiable but they close early. So we were left with Palms Bar.

With 77 hectare of space, the resort was so serene and the lush greeneries made the whole ambiance so plush. Not to mention the interior setting of the hotel was so aristocratic with full of historical meaning.

Rooms
They have 267 rooms with either a view of the sea or the private balconies. They were well-kept to think that the hotel is quite old. Although be careful with the wooden headboard. When I reached our room, I placed my luggage on top of the bed and the whole headboard collapsed. And mind you, it was a narra-wood-headboard which is very heavy and firm.

Pools
We took a dip in their pool at night time. It was well lighted and also spacious. They have a small pool and they have a lap pool.

Ambiance
The whole time, we really felt that we were transported back to time. The fixtures, displays, the staffs' costumes, interior brick wall designs, paintings, the whole nine yards, it was a definitely a a 5-star hotel.

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Related to: Luxury Travel, Historical Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written April 14, 2011

Boutique and Specialty Shops inside the resort

• Lensky profile photo Lensky
  • Reviews: 55

Laoag Renzo Hotel: Budget Hotel within the City

The hotel is very convenient since it is located at the heart of the busy city. Price includes buffet breakfast at the bakery/resto beside the hotel itself which is owned by the owner of the hotel. The rooms are clean although a bit cramped but the room is clean.

The things I did not like:
- the wifi service sucks. They said nothing is wrong with it but for some reason, we were not able to connect for the two nights that we were there.

- no elevator and our room is in the fourth floor. this is a big downer since we brought huge baggages and whenever we go out, we came back with large packages. But when we arrive, we were assisted by their room boys

- no toiletries, no towel for every guest, no mat in the bathroom, no toilet paper, dirty water heater, they claim that they provide welcome juice and fruits but we received nothing.

• Related to: Road Trip
  • Written December 21, 2010

• Benamags profile photo Benamags
  • Reviews: 6

Tiffany Hotel: Very Friendly Staff

The Family Room we got was quite old and was actually bare - a table, TV and two beds. The room and CR were clean though. What was really great in this hotel is the service and the friendly staffs. Very accommodating and will really give you all the tips that you need.

The location is very strategic - everything was in walking distance: The Sinking Bell Tower, Municipal Hall, Tobacco Monument, Museum, bus terminals (to Pagudpud and Vigan), McDonalds and Jollibee. :)

• Written November 15, 2010
Tip Photo

• winzkie_d_pooh profile photo winzkie_d_pooh
  • Reviews: 47

small one

if your really looking for a budget accom then try supertram lodge, small but clean room... we got an aircon room for 500 pesos only good for two... 600 pesos with tv...

walking distance in ilocos capitol...(but you can ride a tryke if you dont want to walk)

• Related to: Backpacking, Budget Travel, Motorcycle
  • Written February 16, 2010
Tip Photo

• lakbayPinas profile photo lakbayPinas
  • Reviews: 20

Hotel Tiffany: Convenient location, affordable rates

Situated in downtown Laoag, Hotel Tiffany is a clean, modern hotel offering affordable rates at a location very convenient to the city’s tourist spots.

The hotel is amusingly pop-art themed, replete with framed sepia portraits of pop stars hung on its corridor walls, including James Dean, Marilyn Monroe and the Beatles.

The guest rooms are quite comfortable for the price range, and come with the standard amenities (air-conditioning, cable TV, private toilet and bath with hot shower).

On the ground floor is Macy’s Diner, the hotel’s restaurant, which imparts a 70’s American diner feel. Likewise filled with pop art posters, with red vinyl booths and a bar, the place offers good-tasting food at reasonable prices.

I particularly like the hotel’s rates and location, which is just a short walk away from most of what Laoag has to offer.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Adventure Travel, Eco-Tourism
  • Written January 28, 2010

Hotel Tiffany, where I stayed while in Laoag City

• bojomacaraig profile photo bojomacaraig
  • Reviews: 75

Palazzo de Laoag Hotel: Palazzo

Palazzo de Laoag Hotel is a 3-star hotel in the City of Laoag in Ilocos Norte. It's accredited by Dept. Of Philippine Tourism.

Located in a quiet place, with 2 swimming pool which opens 24-hour for swimming. There is a KALESA Bar on the 4th floor, free wifi facility and others

• Related to: Road Trip, Family Travel, Museum Visits
  • Written June 13, 2009

• Teresamanuel profile photo Teresamanuel
  • Reviews: 1

Java hotel: Best and newest hotel in Laoag

Facilities are very nice, very quiet, service are excellent, My husband and I stayed for 2 nights on seperate occasion 1st shower handle was broken and we call they came an fixed right away. Its very convenient location for me because is the closest hotel from my home town Bacarra. Breakfast is included on the accomodation so they shouldnt charge with the second cup of coffee not the money but its only a thought like other hotels. Second stay early in the morning they were working on the basement with electric saw it was loud made us get up. Otherwise everything was alright.

View is beautiful with the breeze from the farm. Very reccomandable

• Written January 2, 2009

• clarice_ldr profile photo clarice_ldr
  • Reviews: 38

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Tiffany Hotel: Affordable Accommodation

The hotel staff are very, very accommodating, helpful and friendly. We checked out on Sunday (to go to Pagudpud) & we were allowed to leave some of our baggage to be picked-up the following day.

• Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Budget Travel, Business Travel
  • Written October 9, 2008

Matrimonial Rm: P950 with breakfast for 2 @ Macy's

• cyan501 profile photo cyan501
  • Reviews: 21

Hotel Renzo: Hotel Renzo

The hotel is beside a coffeeshop and a grocery store on the second floor. Its a short walk to the small malls, fast food and banks.

Tricycles, jeepney rides for touring the city are already available beside and in front of the hotel.

Rooms have:
-Hot & Cold Shower
-Blow dryer
-IDD/NDD Telephone Access
-Cable TV
-Radio & Alarm clock
-Fully Air-conditioned

The place has WiFi at the lobby. They have a billiard table, a really nice lounge area and a small garden at the back.

• Written March 1, 2008

Lobby in the front desk

• thewife profile photo thewife
  • Reviews: 1

Java Hotel: Newest & best hotel up north

Java Hotel is a great new place in Laoag, with its great service and facilities. Its rooms are big enough for city travelers with big luggages. It has excellent food - has Ilocano dishes and a mix of Filipino cuisine too. It even has a gym, pool, tennis court - so you won't get bored at all. There's even videoke at night in their restaurant and Bar. What I love about the place is its relaxing atmosphere..the mountain view is cool.

Food!

• Written February 10, 2008

• Yla profile photo Yla
  • Reviews: 193

Kapuluan Vista Resort: Surf weathered

It was only a short visit at Kapuluan but the zen-inspired place was serene with music of the surf lulling one to either sleep. In a heartbeat it also invites one to feel the peace of the raised pool in the courtyard or take a dip and play with the waves welcoming the far-off monsoon...

ahh, being in this part of the Pagudpud is like being in a different world.

Zen. Inspiring peace of mind, haven for the tired soul ...
(see, i become a poet just thinking back that day of visit)

Kapuluan beachfront is the playground of surfers, but stillness and quiet is just nearby. The blue lagoon is just about 1.5 kms away. Actually, you'll pass by the blue lagoon before you get to Kapuluan Vista Resort. See more pictures attached to this tip.

• Related to: Spa and Resort, Water Sports, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written October 1, 2007

signboard

• Yla profile photo Yla
  • Reviews: 193

Fort Ilocandia Resort: Rustic palace in the north

Fort Ilocandia Resort now managed by Jimei, Inc is fantastically maintained in its old, rustic charm. Front office customer service was ok but housekeeping and porter service was exemplary! May help if staff would smile more often. Highly recommended hotel/resort. If not of the other great places to see in Ilocos, activities is the resort is sufficient to occupy one's 3-day vacation.

... great pool area and was especially ecstatic when i saw the 50-meter olympic size pool. great chance to work out as i strongly prefer swimming as my cardio-work-out. Beach was great and we were there almost the whole night enjoying the full moon, the fine gray sand and chasing waves. Sand bikes are also available but not sure if with cost. Kids will love the wide open spaces to play and romp around.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Beaches, Family Travel
  • Written October 1, 2007
Tip Photo

pure white sheets to sleep in!!!

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful