Palazzo De Laoag Hotel

darylrose's Profile Photo

Three Star Hotel

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 30, 2008

We booked two standard rooms and the rooms were very small. One room had a queen sized bed while the other was only a double. The bathroom was not cleaned when we came in but the hotel service cleaned it right away when we complained about it but they aren't that good in cleaning, the shower tiles had grime marks on it. The room also smelled strongly of a car air freshener when we first came in; it wasn't good at all, I felt like I was in a taxi. The air conditioning is also right beside the bed and the knobs were missing so we can't adjust the temperature and we couldn't move the direction of the blades so we tied a small blanket beside the bed and hooked it to the curtains to cover us up. The other room's air con was fine though and there was a cover for the blades so it wasn't directly hitting the bed but their shower heater was broken, which they fixed the next day but the technicians left the bathroom dirty so we had to call again to have it cleaned up.

One review I read was raving about the room they got in the same hotel and I guess they didn't get the standard room. The breakfast is quite good though but it takes around 30-45 minutes for them to prepare it.

I can't complain much though it's only P1400 net per night, with free breakfast for 2/room. As a remuneration, we weren't charged for the extra beds but they should consider renovating their standard rooms so as not to disappoint customers since the facade of the hotel looks really nice, as well as their lobby and restaurant.

Unique Quality: free wifi, cable TV, swimming pool, courtyard, bar/restaurant, hotel van

Laoag Travel Forum

Need advice about Laoag, Philippines? Visit the Travel Forum for Laoag and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Laoag hotel reviews