Dao-angan, Sagada, Philippines

• heydelin's Profile Photo

Perfect location

I sent a text message the night before our arrival in Sagada and was happy that George's Inn has an available room for 2 (250/pax). The room is very nice and clean but the toilet is a bit uncomfortable. Food is okay, cheaper than other hostels but is served not very fast.

Unique Quality: Hot bathe. Can't shower without one in Sagada. It is close to Lemon Pie House, Yoghurt House and other cafes.

• rairaiken's Profile Photo

A home away from home..

My stay in George Guest House Extension was satisfying.. At first I thought I will not like it because i have to walk for a bit but then it made me realize that it's not really that far and also it's near the lemon pie house where I go to every morning for coffee and a slice of pie.. I would recommend it because their rooms are clean, hot water is working and the price is reasonable..Also the wifi is working though you have to be patient because it's really slow but do you expect, you're in the province for pete's sake! :)

Unique Quality: The hot water works.. This is a place where you can relax away from the hustle and bustle of the city.. It has a great view of the mountain..

Directions: Their main office is just down the road near SAGGAS office.. you can't miss it..

• proudlybrown's Profile Photo

Lousy - Cancelled my reservation w/o telling me

I called the George Guesthouse cellphone two weeks before my planned trip to make a reservation. The woman who answered told me okay but also told me to text them my trip details and the payment would be expected after my stay there. So I texted her my details and waited for a response. Didn't get one even though I waited over a day. I tried calling again a couple days later and I couldn't get through. I figured the cellphone signal in Sagada isn't very good, I'd give them the benefit of the doubt. About a week before my trip, my call went through and the lady who answered said she'd confirm my reservation and text me the same day. I still got nothing. I tried calling them again and it wasn't until two days before my trip when I got through, and was told that they were fully booked for my trip dates. This was really frustrating as I was told there were rooms available the first day I called. When I mentioned we had a verbal agreement, the lady just reiterated that they were sorry but they were fully booked on those dates! Fortunately, I was able to get a room at the Sagada Homestay. The George Guesthouse customer service is rubbish!

• schurman23's Profile Photo

Best place to sleep.

The place was clean and well maintained. It has a nice view of the rural Sagada village.

Unique Quality: Its the best place to just lie in bed and sleep. Of course we can't do that because there's lots of things to do and places to visit in Sagada and were on a tight schedule. But if you have all the time in the world by all means go to Sagada and check in at George guest house and sleep...(lol)

• kemisteryoso's Profile Photo

George Guesthouse

I chose George guesthouse because of their free wifi, but too bad there’s a problem in the Smart base connection on the entire town during our visit. It is a bit far from the center, you have to walk down the road for 300 M from the Town Hall. We didn't mind walking back up the town center for other activities but this could be tiring for others. The guesthouse has a nice view of a little rice terraces and Mt. Ampucao on its back. Each floor level has a common lobby. The rooms in 2nd level share a common toilets while the rooms in the 3rd floor has private toilets. All rooms have cable TV and toilets are equipped with hot and cold shower. They gave us the pink room on the third level with a veranda and 2 single beds for P300 each per night. Other rooms on the second floor might be cheaper.
    It has a small dining area on the ground floor and their food is great that comes in big servings. One order of their viand is good for 2 persons also cheaper compared to other restaurant. They don’t serve plain rice though. You can ask for a cup and hot water if you have your own 3 in 1 coffee or cup noodles.
    If it happens you don’t like their food, there are restaurant located near the Guest house like the Pinikpikan house etc. The Guesthouse is walking distance o the Sugong coffins, caves and the road to Mt. Ampucao.
    Reminder: cancelling 1 night stay might not be good especially on peak seasons coz you will still pay no matter what. In our case we agreed that we will only pay half of the 1 night we cancelled because both parties don’t know that all attractions were closed that day which is the reason why we cancelled 1 night.

Unique Quality: free wifi, cheap food in big servings. nice view at the back

Directions: 300 M down from the Town Hall

• Kawaii_Missy's Profile Photo

Great Sagada Getaway

Arrived in Sagada on a rainy afternoon. The sight of the tidy floors, fresh linens in my Pink Room was so inviting. It was at the third floor. The inn was also wi-fi equipped but i didnt have any gadgets with me. Affordable Food can be ordered and cooked at the groundfloor. Just ask for the menu.

Unique Quality: They have rooms with great view, like the one i stayed in. At the fourth floor were two penthouse with wide terraces. A room for two costs 500 pesos per night, while groupies are charged at 200.00 pesos each.

Directions: from the municipal hall, less than 500 meters down the road.

• paolo.abrea's Profile Photo

Just George!

1st time in Sagada(Last 1st week of aug. 2010). Also read tips from VT but still ended with George GH kasi binaba kami nung driver ng van na nirent namin from banaue. We stayed at the 3rd flr The Pink Room, ideally the room is good for 2 at p500 pero 4 kami so decided to stay in 1room since there were 2 double beds, we got for p800/night. Medyo masikip yung room kung 4, pero ok lang kasi tutulugan lang naman. May terrace siya that will give you a good view, may cable tv, hot&cold, wifi din sila just in case you need it. pero walang cabinet kasi masikip na hindi na kasya. Pwede rin manghiram ng extra pillow and extra kumot.

overall it is a nice place to stay -bait ng mga tao and it is located in the middle of where you wanna go.

• The Worst Inn in Sagada

Our stay in George Guesthouse was not a favorable one. We arrived at noon but was told that the 3 rooms were still being cleaned so we just left our luggages. We did our tour and returned only in the evening. We found out that the hinges of the bathroom door was broken, no hot/cold shower, no sink, and was dirty so we complained it to the owner, Dora Tauli. We were told nobody was around to repair it. Her husband, Irenius Tauli was away. She was so mean to even say that if we're not happy, we could check out and look for another place. She needs to undergo a lot of training in service.
    Our room looks like more of a storage room with boxes under the bed. The living room at the second floor was an eye sore with all the linens and blankets scattered all over the area. The following morning, it was discovered that the other room's hot shower was also not functioning.

Unique Quality: George Guesthouse does not have any outstanding characteristic at all. It was damn awful.

Directions: Near the Sagada Municipal Hall

• clarice_ldr's Profile Photo

about 500 meters from the town proper

I didn't realize that George GH has an Annex which is about 150 m away from the main one (which is about 350 m from the town). The road going there is quite dark during night time but we didn't stay late outside anyway.

Each room has a toilet & bath & equipped with hot & cold shower so we didn't have problems with hot water running out.

The rate was P200 per person

• yuet29's Profile Photo

George GH

After staying 2 nights at St Joseph (I missed the checkout time of 10am, and stucked for the second night), I moved to George GH. George GH is a bit far down the road, around 10-15 minutes walk from the jeepney station.

They have double room for 400P but if you are alone, ask for the 300P room, with attached bathroom, hot shower. The 300P room is sweet and nice, there are some simple furniture, you feel homey.

Unique Quality: They have friendly staffs

Directions: Walk down the road from the jeepney station, you will pass the market, yoghurt house and then you will see George GH.

• danaiskra's Profile Photo

George Guesthouse

Amenities:
    Hot/Cold Bath - very important
    Cable TV - can come into use especially after curfew

P500/night/2pax - very affordable

Cons: you have to sweat a walk to the town hall..

Directions: From townhall, go downhill, farther down from Yoghurt House

• deedos's Profile Photo

Affordable accomodation

We stayed at George Guesthouse. The rates where at P200/person/night. It is clean and convenient with hot and cold shower. You wont need airconditioning since it gets very cold at night.

• baddict's Profile Photo

George Inn, SAGADA

P200/head/ night for a room good for 4 or P250/head/night for a room good for 2 pax. Nearest to the caves, new and clean interiors, wonderful view of the rice terraces behind the inn.

Directions: Go downhill from the municipal hall. Just past Yogurt House

• rain_forest's Profile Photo

Cozy, clean and all the hot water you want

The place looks like a real house inside - so cozy and comfortable (and fairly new!) you don't want to leave. It doesn't have airconditioning or fan - you don't need it anyway. We closed all the windows when we stayed there because of the cold even thought it's the middle of summer. They don't have a closet, out clothes were strewn everywhere.

Unique Quality: unlimited and anytime hot water - you need a lot of it there.

Directions: Go down from the municipal hall, few walks down from yoghurt house.

• cyan501's Profile Photo

Quaint Rooms & Friendly People

George's Guest House is run by Mang Teodoro and Ate Dora (such pleasant people).

Room rates are 200php per head with quaint rooms (that are color coded) and nonstop cold/hot water shower.

They have rooms at the deck thats good for big groups (4 pax above).
    Rooms at the 3rd floor comes w/ cable TV (a great way to waste your time after curfew, 10:00PM. Which they take very seriously! ).

Unique Quality: Roof deck rooms are BIG w/ 4 Queen size beds with a fantastic view of the province.

3rd floor rooms are quite small, w/ 2 queen size beds some with a terrace to enjoy the view
    but with cable TV.

They provide clean towels, extra blankets, nice chat and great hospitality.

Directions: The street almost adjacent from the Bus stop/ waiting shed.
    A few walks DOWN (literally the street going down) the Tourist Info, passing Shamrock, Yoghurts House and Ridgewood Inn.