Sagada Hotels

Our Members Say

• wandergirltravediary profile photo wandergirltravediary
  • Reviews: 18

Residential Lodge: Affordable and Homey

Residential Lodge is a homestay accomodation in Sagada. You can find quite a number of home stays there for those who travel on a budget. Residential Lodge's rooms are spacious and homey. There is one bathroom per room. They don't offer breakfast, lunch or dinner but you can have unlimited brewed coffee. They also have a common kitchen where you can cook your own food. So if you are traveling with a big group, Residential Lodge is the best place to stay.

• Related to: Hiking and Walking, Road Trip, Backpacking
  • Written December 18, 2013

• IamPam profile photo IamPam
  • Reviews: 92

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Churya-A Hotel: Ideal hotel for guests with vehicles

We checked-in in this hotel through the help of a relative's relative. Since it was during Holy Week, it was nearly impossible to get a room around Sagada so tip number 1, If you're planning to go there during the Holidays book atleast 2 months in advance. I started calling hotels a month before our trip but was always turned down because almost all has no vacancy. So anyway, it was a good thing that one of our relative also has a relative there who gave our down payment personally to the hotel.

Churya-A is a very basic hotel (If you can call it like that) We were given a room good for 6pax.
Let me summarize the Good and the Bad points of this Hotel.
Good:
1. It has a big parking space. A good point if you're travelling with your car. The Inns and Hostels around Sagada doesn't have parking so you have to risk your vehicle in a narrow street.
2. It's spacious
3. You can bring your own food/ have it cook for you for a certain price
4. Staff are somewhat helpful...(I mean, they were not horrible so--I guess they're ok)
Bad:
1. Our room doesn't have water supply when we got there so we have to ask the staff to fix it for us. They did fix it immediately which is good.
2. Walls are thin, so you could probably hear the activities on the other room
3. It's location is somehow far from the town, so if you don't have a car, don't book here.
4. Other rooms doesn't have hot shower--as told by our companions

Parking Space. I think this is the only outstanding characteristic of this accomodation

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Eco-Tourism, Adventure Travel, Hiking and Walking
  • Written June 26, 2013

Churya-A Facade

• paolodecastro profile photo paolodecastro
  • Reviews: 227

St. Joseph's Resthouse

The location of the resthouse is good...its elevated from the road. And it is located near the bus station, jeepney station, convenient stores, market, Tourist information center.
I occupied a single room on the extension building for (Php 300.00 but during peak season a single room costs Php 500.00). Their single room consist of one decent bed and a side table (note cr is shared on the entire floor)...no television set and internet can be arranged at the reception area.

The staff are really friendly.

I think the only disadvantage is that if you choose to occupy one of the rooms in the extension building during the peak season you will hear the snoring and other stuff going on the other rooms. Thank God i was the only one occupying the extension building at that time....that is why I had a nice sleep.*

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written April 18, 2013
Tip Photo

• davidjo profile photo davidjo
  • Reviews: 2070

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

SAGADA GUEST HOUSE: BASIC BUT FINE

We stayed 3 nights at this centrally located guest house. The rooms were small but clean and the bathrooms were just near our door. The guy on reception had a good amount of information. There was a restaurant on the ground floor but we were in danger of dying of hunger by the time the food arrived. Seems like a popular place, met lots of other guests.

• Written March 8, 2012

• ayn_g profile photo ayn_g
  • Reviews: 105

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Ganduyan Inn: the inn with the best priced breakfast

Superb. The room we took had two single beds and a private Bath and Toilet with water heater. Its rate is not bad either, at 600 pesos a night.

The staff is super nice too.

We stayed at the annex. It was still not completely finished but the view from their "rooftop" is great.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written November 25, 2010

• Kawaii_Missy profile photo Kawaii_Missy

George Guesthouse ANNEX: Quiet, Relaxing Stay

From the George Main (as named by the hotel personel) where I was staying and a little stroll down the road is the hotel's Annex. This pleasant find is a welcome sight to weary travelers looking for a more quiet and homey stay. Like limestones perched atop the hill, the annex consists of some two to three buildings with uniform exterior paint designs which is visible from the road.

As told to me by the hotel people, the annex boasts of the same amenities provided by its Main hotel. To name a few, the rooms have private hot and cold TNBs, cabled tv's, some have interesting verandas, Free WIFI access---the whole nine yards! Oh, and not to forget its secured parking. All in all, a more homey kind of stay less the noise of vehicles by the road. Case in point: a cozy off-road hotel with great views!

Angel, the hotel receptionist, was gracious enough to show me some of the rooms. Two of the units or buildings are actually cottages that call for cozy and fun times to bond with friends or family by the fireplace. The Cottage bedrooms also have private TNB's. As a plus, the hotel would be willing to shuttle guests to the bus/jeepney station up the street upon checkout and upon advance request.

I would love to come back with friends to try this Annex out. Trust me, you wouldn't have regrets.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written November 21, 2010

The Annex's "Central Unit" Entrance

• carla888 profile photo carla888
  • Reviews: 1

Canaway Resthouse: Canaway Resthouse - ample accomodation

It was ok. We stayed there a few weeks ago. It was a simple place. But everything smelled nice. They give you a blanket each while you stay there. The bed was ok and the place looked as if it was just renovated. There's a common room with TV (cable). The lady who took us in was very nice and easy to talk to. I think you can cook on their stove for a fee.

The place was very clean and tidy... even the sheets smelled awesome.

• Related to: Backpacking, Mountain Climbing, Photography
  • Written October 16, 2010
Tip Photo

• lakbayPinas profile photo lakbayPinas
  • Reviews: 20

Olahbinan Resthouse and Café: At home in Sagada

Set on a slightly lower level on a hillside, Olahbinan is one of the few places to stay in Sagada that is more like a home than a hotel.

A charmingly decorated lobby and dining area, with pinewood-paneled walls and a fire place, welcomes guests as they enter the place. The veranda at one end of the dining area provides a relaxing uphill view of the Episcopal Church of St. Mary’s.

The resthouse offers several room types good for two or more persons, at quite reasonable rates.

On the ground floor is a room with a comfortable double bed and a private toilet and bath with hot shower. This is the room I took. The room is spacious enough for two and is simply furnished with no air-conditioning (you don’t really need that in the Cordilleras), and no TV or phone either, but is very comfortable. Besides, at PHP 600 (that was October 2008), I couln’t ask for more.

The rest of the rooms are located upstairs on either side of a corridor leading to a large open balcony with a refreshing view of the valley. Some rooms are available with private bath and hot showers, while some of the less expensive rooms use a shared bathroom, which really should not be a problem, as there are two between about ten rooms. The furnishings of the rooms upstairs are likewise simple.

The restaurant serves decent food at good prices, perfect if you are too tired to hunt for food after some caving. Custom cooked food for larger groups can also be arranged in their kitchen.

Olahbinan is a family run guest house owned by the very accommodating Ms. Hilda Piluden, who is always more than willing to give advice on how to make the most of one’s time in Sagada.

• Related to: Adventure Travel, Eco-Tourism, Mountain Climbing
  • Written January 29, 2010

Olahbinan Resthouse, where I stayed in Sagada

• mahavir747 profile photo mahavir747
  • Reviews: 9

Sagada Guesthouse: Sagada Guesthouse Review

Sagada Guesthouse is relatively cheap, only Php200 per person per night. There are no sockets in the room but there is a common socket out in the hallway which is free of charge. We were able to leave our phones out there for re-charging although a decent amount of precaution is still needed. There were two bathrooms (common) - one for taking a bath and one for doing one's 'necessities'. They were relatively clean and were maintained daily. Not much of a rush to the bathroom. Dinner has to be reserved before 4 pm if you plan on eating at the resto.

The room is relatively simple but very clean, with fresh sheets. The bed is very comfortable although if you're looking for a real classy inn, then you might require a different inn. However, since Sagada is all about activities and less of staying inside the inn, Sagada Guesthouse is definitely an ok place to stay (personally).

The owner was also kind enough to lend us keys when we temporarily lost the keys to our room (luckily we were able to find it). Check-out is 10:00 of the last day but you are free to leave your luggage by the counter should you need more time to explore around Sagada. There is a convenience store nearby where you can buy food and other stuff and a souvenir shop as well. The owner also texted us on our last day simply to say that he hoped we had a good stay.(wow =) )

It seems to be one of the first lodges around. A quiet and nice place to stay in. There is hot shower so no problem in case you come back wet and cold from caving.

• Related to: Adventure Travel, Budget Travel, Historical Travel
  • Written June 2, 2009

• JaneCajuguiran profile photo JaneCajuguiran
  • Reviews: 241

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Residential Lodge: A Family Inn

We had a pleasant stay at the Residential Lodge. The room that was given to us was at the basement which was right next to the dining area/kitchen. Our room was quite large, good enough for 4 persons. It had 3 single beds and a toilet and shower inside.

It is located in the town proper

• Written April 28, 2009

• ichurya-a profile photo ichurya-a
  • Reviews: 1

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

churya-a hotel annex: a place to relax and rejuvinate

don't let the outside appearance of churya-a hotel annex fool you. go inside, even only to peek. the interior of the hotel is very different from the exterior.

the skillfully pine-wood panelled lounge/recieving area is very spacious as with the restaurant.

the rooms are actually spacious and comfy as with its bathroom.

to sum up, churya-a annex is the place to go to relax, rejuvinate and unwind after a day long trekking around sagada.

- don't let the outside appearance of the hotel fool you, walk inside and see the difference.

- all rooms have private bathroom with hot and cold shower.

- spacious/wide parking area

- approx. 800 meters before the town, thus far from the hustle and bustle of the town

- approx. 300 meters from the kiltepan tower where you can view the sunrise

• Written April 24, 2009

room with two beds

• misformai profile photo misformai

Canaway Rest House: Best Place to Stay in Sagada

When I first came here in November 2008, it just opened. The place is very clean. The owners are what make the place. They are absolutely charming!
The Canaway Rest House is located right before George's Guest House. I'm not sure what the color of the building is now. When I first went, it was gray, but I think that's because they weren't finished painting yet.
I had my own bathroom with hot water and own full sized bed, for about $7 USD. I don't know what the rates are today though, but should be very near that price.
I highly highly recommend this place. Tell them Mai sent you!!

It has amazing views. In the morning they give you free Sagada tea, which they bring straight up to your room.
Another unique quality is the service and the wonderful owners. I really like them!

• Related to: School Holidays, Study Abroad, Family Travel
  • Written March 23, 2009

• misformai profile photo misformai

Canaway Rest House: Best Place to Stay in Sagada

I highly highly recommend this place. Tell them Mai sent you!!

• Related to: Family Travel, Study Abroad, School Holidays
  • Written March 23, 2009

• allelli profile photo allelli
  • Reviews: 118

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Sagada Guest House: A corner Plaza Guest House

This guest house is located at the center, near plaza since this is my 1st time to visit sagada I choose this guest house because of the location.
our room have kitchen, private bathroom with hot water and with cable TV. we are 4 in the room my husband and two siblings. But honestly I dont recommend this guest house because at the back is noisy with roosters, dogs and pigs and there are so many flies that you should always aware that they would not landed in you food.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Written December 31, 2008

• yuet29 profile photo yuet29
  • Reviews: 617

Sagada Hotel: Sagada Hotel

I dont stay here also, I check out the rooms here. They charged 200P per head for a shared hot shower. The owner is an old lady who is not that friendly, the room doesnt look really clean either. However, it is centralized enough. No power plug inside the room.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking