Sagada Hotels

Our Members Say

• shavy profile photo shavy
  • Reviews: 1406

Isabelo's Inn and Cafe: Just a few step from jeepney and public market

Our second night stay in Sagada is in this hostel, we have to move from our previous hotel which is a few steps away. The hostel lies up a bit hilly and once you reach it still, must go on the staircase to go up. I have a heavy luggage which I have to carry up, it was annoying. We get in around 12 o'clock noon after came back from our tour, but our room was not ready yet. We have waited about 30 minutes because they are still cleaning

Probably it was the owner behind the counter, he was very friendly. Our room was upstair, do not expect an elevator because is not exist in Sagada. This place is a backpacker area. Sagada is very touristy foriegn visitors is everywhere. That is why most of restaurant the menu is European and American. Incredible very busy in Sagada during the time of the year December

During my booking in this hostel at Agoda I normally reserve for twin bed, but in my reservation paper it stated we have a room for 3 which there were only 2 of us. Well, this is really a bargain price so, I didn't care if we have a room for three. That's why the owner ask if there were three of us, I said no we were just two travelling. He said, you reserve a room for three, I said I reserve a twin bed room I don't understand it either why I got three people room in my reservation. But anyway it doesn't matter I pay for three.

Well, as a hostel expected sharing a bathroom is usual in any place. I do not have an idea how many rooms they have but there were three bathrooms available for guest and is clean. Our room has three beds, each bed is wide than a single bed so, it can fit a couple in each bed. Well, is not really matter if we have no luxury in our room, we only need it for sleeping. We were outdoor mostly in daytime, if we have a place to crash at night it was enough for us.

The hostel has a nice common living room and a nice hallway. Free wifi internet is available in all areas. As a hostel guest can used the kitchen downstair. There is no restaurant which I thought they have, because of the name Isabello's inn and cafe. Breakfast is included in the room price, there were dine area downstair. The location of the place is very center, the jeepney terminal is just a few steps, the Market, and mall area is just on the otherside, very centrally located convenient to everything

This hotel has a good reviews on the internet from people who staying here, that's why I booked it. Everything what they say, it is true. It is just a hostel but the location is very center and hostel staff were very friendly. Downstair at the counter they have timetable for jeepney's to Bontoc and for buses to Bagiuo. And if you ask any info about transfer they have knowledge in everything of how to reach the place, they are very helpful. Highly recommended place in stay in Sagada if you are looking for affordable stay which close to transportation terminal

The location is convenient close to the market and mall area, the jeepney termimal is just a few steps

• Related to: Hiking and Walking, Mountain Climbing
  • Written December 20, 2014

The hostel

• shavy profile photo shavy
  • Reviews: 1406

Masferre Country Inn & Restaurant: Just a few steps from the center

It takes an effort to get to Sagada it'll take almost a day to travel but once we get here is worth a trip. I book a two nights stay in Sagada, for sure we can do the trekking and caving. We get off the jeepney I ask the driver if he can bring us to this hotel because I did not see a tricycle around and he said the hotel is just 1 minute walk, indeed!. The tourist office center is right next door the market, the jeepney's are just located a few meters away, everything you need is easy to reach and walkable. It is really just a few step from the center. I recognized the hotel immediately from the picture.

It is a restaurant hotel so, when we were looking where to get in, there is a 'closed' sign hang on the door but we did enter to the closed sign anyway. We have a quick check in, we give our reservation paper and they don't even bother to let us sign or fill a form not like other hotel, need to show your paspoort, we can directly go into our room. A guy carry our luggage I saw our room is up stair just a few step on the stair and we get to our room. My impression was a WOW the room is very spacious nice shiny wooden floor.

The room has two bed one double and single, as I requested during booking. Most hotel in Philippines I always request twin room, because a double bedroom in this country is very small and their bed is like for one person only, if twin room is available I took them, not all hotel has twin room.

The bathroom is okay, enough space but not super clean, the shower is a little tricky but there is hot water, nice wall tile. The main thing is super good of this room our balcony! our room is at the back and the balcony is facing to the church of Sagada this was the nicest thing we have in our room. Breakfast is included in the room price and free wifi everywhere inside the hotel

The hallway where all rooms are located is nice, we're lucky to have room upstair. Some of the rooms are downstairs is more like going to the cellar. The furniture inside the room is not very fancy, the bed is like made from a bamboo with thin mattress but is comfortable.

Down stair is a restaurant, so it is very convenient, we have our dinner here. The menu is mostly European/American which are good after eating rice everyday it is really good to see some European menus. The hotel has bakery as well next to the restaurant, is not super big bakery but they offer small thing for snack like cookies and is self made

I normally book two night on this hotel but when I re-arrange our itinerary I try to change the date but is was not available for our second night. So, I have to search another hotel in Sagada, I was searching to have the same category of this hotel but too bad there are no many hotels in the area. The month December in pretty busy in Sagada hotels are all packed up by visitors. I was lucky to find a place for our second night stay.

Visiting to Sagada you'll be likely spend more time outdoor than in your hotel room, so, it doesn't matter if you have a luxury or simple room. Besides, it doesn't exist the luxury hotel in Sagada, you will find more hostel than hotel. Is a backpacker area that's why many hostel are available. For the price of this hotel we can't complain, it is what we are expecting for. Masferre Country Inn is one of the best hotel in Sagada. Too bad we can't stay our second night here due to fully booked. This hotel is highly recommended if you are looking for some of the better place to stay in Sagada

The balcony is superb, we have a very nice view at the back and is also facing to the church of Sagada. Location is only a few steps from the jeepney and van terminal and tourist office center is right next door. Super good location!

• Related to: Historical Travel, Mountain Climbing, Hiking and Walking
  • Written December 19, 2014

The hotel

• IamPam profile photo IamPam
  • Reviews: 105

Churya-A Hotel: Ideal hotel for guests with vehicles

We checked-in in this hotel through the help of a relative's relative. Since it was during Holy Week, it was nearly impossible to get a room around Sagada so tip number 1, If you're planning to go there during the Holidays book atleast 2 months in advance. I started calling hotels a month before our trip but was always turned down because almost all has no vacancy. So anyway, it was a good thing that one of our relative also has a relative there who gave our down payment personally to the hotel.

Churya-A is a very basic hotel (If you can call it like that) We were given a room good for 6pax.
Let me summarize the Good and the Bad points of this Hotel.
Good:
1. It has a big parking space. A good point if you're travelling with your car. The Inns and Hostels around Sagada doesn't have parking so you have to risk your vehicle in a narrow street.
2. It's spacious
3. You can bring your own food/ have it cook for you for a certain price
4. Staff are somewhat helpful...(I mean, they were not horrible so--I guess they're ok)
Bad:
1. Our room doesn't have water supply when we got there so we have to ask the staff to fix it for us. They did fix it immediately which is good.
2. Walls are thin, so you could probably hear the activities on the other room
3. It's location is somehow far from the town, so if you don't have a car, don't book here.
4. Other rooms doesn't have hot shower--as told by our companions

Parking Space. I think this is the only outstanding characteristic of this accomodation

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Hiking and Walking, Eco-Tourism, Adventure Travel
  • Written June 26, 2013

Churya-A Facade

• paolodecastro profile photo paolodecastro
  • Reviews: 227

St. Joseph's Resthouse

The location of the resthouse is good...its elevated from the road. And it is located near the bus station, jeepney station, convenient stores, market, Tourist information center.
I occupied a single room on the extension building for (Php 300.00 but during peak season a single room costs Php 500.00). Their single room consist of one decent bed and a side table (note cr is shared on the entire floor)...no television set and internet can be arranged at the reception area.

The staff are really friendly.

I think the only disadvantage is that if you choose to occupy one of the rooms in the extension building during the peak season you will hear the snoring and other stuff going on the other rooms. Thank God i was the only one occupying the extension building at that time....that is why I had a nice sleep.*

• Related to: Budget Travel, Backpacking
  • Written April 18, 2013
Tip Photo

• davidjo profile photo davidjo
  • Reviews: 2829

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

SAGADA GUEST HOUSE: BASIC BUT FINE

We stayed 3 nights at this centrally located guest house. The rooms were small but clean and the bathrooms were just near our door. The guy on reception had a good amount of information. There was a restaurant on the ground floor but we were in danger of dying of hunger by the time the food arrived. Seems like a popular place, met lots of other guests.

• Written March 8, 2012

• ayn_g profile photo ayn_g
  • Reviews: 105

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Ganduyan Inn: the inn with the best priced breakfast

Superb. The room we took had two single beds and a private Bath and Toilet with water heater. Its rate is not bad either, at 600 pesos a night.

The staff is super nice too.

We stayed at the annex. It was still not completely finished but the view from their "rooftop" is great.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written November 25, 2010

• Kawaii_Missy profile photo Kawaii_Missy

George Guesthouse ANNEX: Quiet, Relaxing Stay

From the George Main (as named by the hotel personel) where I was staying and a little stroll down the road is the hotel's Annex. This pleasant find is a welcome sight to weary travelers looking for a more quiet and homey stay. Like limestones perched atop the hill, the annex consists of some two to three buildings with uniform exterior paint designs which is visible from the road.

As told to me by the hotel people, the annex boasts of the same amenities provided by its Main hotel. To name a few, the rooms have private hot and cold TNBs, cabled tv's, some have interesting verandas, Free WIFI access---the whole nine yards! Oh, and not to forget its secured parking. All in all, a more homey kind of stay less the noise of vehicles by the road. Case in point: a cozy off-road hotel with great views!

Angel, the hotel receptionist, was gracious enough to show me some of the rooms. Two of the units or buildings are actually cottages that call for cozy and fun times to bond with friends or family by the fireplace. The Cottage bedrooms also have private TNB's. As a plus, the hotel would be willing to shuttle guests to the bus/jeepney station up the street upon checkout and upon advance request.

I would love to come back with friends to try this Annex out. Trust me, you wouldn't have regrets.

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written November 21, 2010

The Annex's "Central Unit" Entrance

• carla888 profile photo carla888
  • Reviews: 1

Canaway Resthouse: Canaway Resthouse - ample accomodation

It was ok. We stayed there a few weeks ago. It was a simple place. But everything smelled nice. They give you a blanket each while you stay there. The bed was ok and the place looked as if it was just renovated. There's a common room with TV (cable). The lady who took us in was very nice and easy to talk to. I think you can cook on their stove for a fee.

The place was very clean and tidy... even the sheets smelled awesome.

• Related to: Backpacking, Mountain Climbing, Photography
  • Written October 16, 2010
Tip Photo

• lakbayPinas profile photo lakbayPinas
  • Reviews: 20

Olahbinan Resthouse and Café: At home in Sagada

Set on a slightly lower level on a hillside, Olahbinan is one of the few places to stay in Sagada that is more like a home than a hotel.

A charmingly decorated lobby and dining area, with pinewood-paneled walls and a fire place, welcomes guests as they enter the place. The veranda at one end of the dining area provides a relaxing uphill view of the Episcopal Church of St. Mary’s.

The resthouse offers several room types good for two or more persons, at quite reasonable rates.

On the ground floor is a room with a comfortable double bed and a private toilet and bath with hot shower. This is the room I took. The room is spacious enough for two and is simply furnished with no air-conditioning (you don’t really need that in the Cordilleras), and no TV or phone either, but is very comfortable. Besides, at PHP 600 (that was October 2008), I couln’t ask for more.

The rest of the rooms are located upstairs on either side of a corridor leading to a large open balcony with a refreshing view of the valley. Some rooms are available with private bath and hot showers, while some of the less expensive rooms use a shared bathroom, which really should not be a problem, as there are two between about ten rooms. The furnishings of the rooms upstairs are likewise simple.

The restaurant serves decent food at good prices, perfect if you are too tired to hunt for food after some caving. Custom cooked food for larger groups can also be arranged in their kitchen.

Olahbinan is a family run guest house owned by the very accommodating Ms. Hilda Piluden, who is always more than willing to give advice on how to make the most of one’s time in Sagada.

• Related to: Mountain Climbing, Adventure Travel, Eco-Tourism
  • Written January 29, 2010

Olahbinan Resthouse, where I stayed in Sagada

• mahavir747 profile photo mahavir747
  • Reviews: 9

Sagada Guesthouse: Sagada Guesthouse Review

Sagada Guesthouse is relatively cheap, only Php200 per person per night. There are no sockets in the room but there is a common socket out in the hallway which is free of charge. We were able to leave our phones out there for re-charging although a decent amount of precaution is still needed. There were two bathrooms (common) - one for taking a bath and one for doing one's 'necessities'. They were relatively clean and were maintained daily. Not much of a rush to the bathroom. Dinner has to be reserved before 4 pm if you plan on eating at the resto.

The room is relatively simple but very clean, with fresh sheets. The bed is very comfortable although if you're looking for a real classy inn, then you might require a different inn. However, since Sagada is all about activities and less of staying inside the inn, Sagada Guesthouse is definitely an ok place to stay (personally).

The owner was also kind enough to lend us keys when we temporarily lost the keys to our room (luckily we were able to find it). Check-out is 10:00 of the last day but you are free to leave your luggage by the counter should you need more time to explore around Sagada. There is a convenience store nearby where you can buy food and other stuff and a souvenir shop as well. The owner also texted us on our last day simply to say that he hoped we had a good stay.(wow =) )

It seems to be one of the first lodges around. A quiet and nice place to stay in. There is hot shower so no problem in case you come back wet and cold from caving.

• Related to: Adventure Travel, Budget Travel, Historical Travel
  • Written June 2, 2009

• JaneCajuguiran profile photo JaneCajuguiran
  • Reviews: 241

Residential Lodge: A Family Inn

We had a pleasant stay at the Residential Lodge. The room that was given to us was at the basement which was right next to the dining area/kitchen. Our room was quite large, good enough for 4 persons. It had 3 single beds and a toilet and shower inside.

It is located in the town proper

• Written April 28, 2009

• ichurya-a profile photo ichurya-a
  • Reviews: 1

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

churya-a hotel annex: a place to relax and rejuvinate

don't let the outside appearance of churya-a hotel annex fool you. go inside, even only to peek. the interior of the hotel is very different from the exterior.

the skillfully pine-wood panelled lounge/recieving area is very spacious as with the restaurant.

the rooms are actually spacious and comfy as with its bathroom.

to sum up, churya-a annex is the place to go to relax, rejuvinate and unwind after a day long trekking around sagada.

- don't let the outside appearance of the hotel fool you, walk inside and see the difference.

- all rooms have private bathroom with hot and cold shower.

- spacious/wide parking area

- approx. 800 meters before the town, thus far from the hustle and bustle of the town

- approx. 300 meters from the kiltepan tower where you can view the sunrise

• Written April 24, 2009

room with two beds

• misformai profile photo misformai

Canaway Rest House: Best Place to Stay in Sagada

When I first came here in November 2008, it just opened. The place is very clean. The owners are what make the place. They are absolutely charming!
The Canaway Rest House is located right before George's Guest House. I'm not sure what the color of the building is now. When I first went, it was gray, but I think that's because they weren't finished painting yet.
I had my own bathroom with hot water and own full sized bed, for about $7 USD. I don't know what the rates are today though, but should be very near that price.
I highly highly recommend this place. Tell them Mai sent you!!

It has amazing views. In the morning they give you free Sagada tea, which they bring straight up to your room.
Another unique quality is the service and the wonderful owners. I really like them!

• Related to: Family Travel, School Holidays, Study Abroad
  • Written March 23, 2009

• misformai profile photo misformai

Canaway Rest House: Best Place to Stay in Sagada

I highly highly recommend this place. Tell them Mai sent you!!

• Related to: Study Abroad, School Holidays, Family Travel
  • Written March 23, 2009

• allelli profile photo allelli
  • Reviews: 118

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Sagada Guest House: A corner Plaza Guest House

This guest house is located at the center, near plaza since this is my 1st time to visit sagada I choose this guest house because of the location.
our room have kitchen, private bathroom with hot water and with cable TV. we are 4 in the room my husband and two siblings. But honestly I dont recommend this guest house because at the back is noisy with roosters, dogs and pigs and there are so many flies that you should always aware that they would not landed in you food.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average