Station 1 , Balabag, , 5608, Philippines
Agoda.com Travelocity Asiatravel.com

More about Beachcomber Resort Boracay

Great People, Great rooms, Great Service

by TripAdvisor Member Iloveholidays777

My Wife, My three year old daughter and I stayed at beachcomber from December 3 until December 15. Staying there was one of the best holidays we have ever had. The staff were absolutely amazing, they really had a way of making you feel a part of their family. Kim Jingko who arranged our holiday was increadably helpful and went out of her way to make us happy. The owner, Andre, made us feel like V.I.P.s. Andre invited us to the soft opening of the brand new Beachcomber bar where we were served amazing food and drinks at no charge. The new Beachcomber bar is top notch, with great music, cool lighting and a nice ambiance.
Our Daughter celebrated her third birthday at beachcomber, all the staff joined us and Kim even gave her a gift. She still talks about beachcomber and her birthday everyday.
The accomadations were fantastic. The rooms were clean and tastefully decorated. The staff did an amazing job at cleaning the rooms regularly.
The Breakfasts were excellent, and they even threw in an extra free breakfast for our daughter.
We had the time of our lives at beachcomber, and we were so sad to leave. We have already booked another stay at beachcomber this coming february and I can't wait to get back!

Traffic, noise and unsafe for children to cross

by TripAdvisor Member dagwood69

Hotel staff are nice, but this place is a bit misleading. We were told it is beach front and quiet. We found it to be on a busy street that our child can not cross, noise from the motorbikes all night and close to clubs so you hear the bang bang all night. I would not have a problem with this, but we asked and were told it was beach front, sorry, it is street front. We were disappointed. Also, we found the breakfast less than ideal.

Stay at Beachcomber Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member polinaGreece

We stayed at beachcomber hotel December 2007 and i was surprised by the willingness of the staff to assist us at any time. The service was excellent and the honeymoon suite was great with a stunning view at white beach!
will definately go back!
Polina

Excellent for Families

by TripAdvisor Member RIG711

Beachcomber Resort is situated on Station 1. It is across the white sand beach but they have banana lounges on the actual beach. We enjoyed our stay there mainly because they allowed us to go about our business/activities and also because of their prompt repsonse to our requests.

We checked-in at around 7pm in the evening and the staff who welcomed us had a very pleasant smile and was very courteous. This and the complimentary welcome mango shake eased away the tiredness we felt from the travels (plane, van and bangka ride) to Boracay.

The Family suite we stayed in was exactly what I expected and what was on their website photo. We had a bit of a problem with the cable but was attended to immediately.

Breakfast choices were of good quality but could have been served warmer.

When we were there, they opened the Beachcomber Bar and Chow and this is situated across the resort on the actual beach.

The rate was reasonable but I suggest that you book early especially before peak season.

I recommend this resort to anyone and will definitely go back there the next time we go to Boracay.

comfortable hotel

by TripAdvisor Member babydontcry

My friend and I enjoyed our stay at Beachcomber hotel. It was comfortable, affordable, great service, quiet, and clean! We have enjoyed our breakfast too, which was included on their package. The room was air conditioned, with cable TV, fridge, ipod dock, and there’s wifii too, I think (since I did not bring my computer with me).

The location was perfect, beach just in front of us! Not much of people on that side of the beach, so we really enjoyed it. Unlike checking in near where the malls or mini stores are, which I think would drive you crazy due to so much things going on out there. Beachcomber is at perfect location!

Thank you to Beachcomber personnel!

Loved the ambiance of the resort, and its serenity, & the rooftop for dinners

by TripAdvisor Member medjazz66

This fantastic resort is almost a best kept secret of the island, its quaint, not to crowded lots of serenity from the top of the floor to the bottom of the main floor. It's greatest asset are the 11 employees that cater to you hand and foot with a smile everyday.
If you wanted a sliced whole pineapple just ask they would deliver, if you forgot to place your meal order for the day they would give you a friendly reminder, 12 of my closest friends from calgary, Alberta, Canada, left with smiles from their faces and nothing but great things to say about this little secret we call the beachcomber resort, we will be back, and thanks for having us for a whole week. hope to see you soon.

For the price of the resort it's NOT cheap, it's NOT expensive, but IT'S REASONABLE for the world to afford, come see yourself, see what we experienced

www.celcrescentre.com

Awesome Place !

by TripAdvisor Member VHMAC

This will be my third times to visit Boracay and had stayed at different types of hotels and resorts. Finally, I found a place that suited my taste!

Not only Beachcomber is so well maintained, it's also staffed with nice and accommodating people. Anything extra that we need like beach towels, are given to us without question and swiftly within seconds! All their staff always have smiles in their face and seems so happy to please their guests.

The resort was just perfect for me and my friends, closed to nightlife and just across from the beach where we spent most of our days lounging in their beach beds right on the beachfront. There's also some small restaurants around where you can get a quick bite and a nice cold drink while sun bathing. It's really very convenient!

The rooms given to us was super clean and closed to the pool which was a plus, since we liked to have a little splash before breakfast. The four of us friends, also have a room next to each other and located on the ground floor which was so convenient since we go out every night and comes back to the resort so late thus avoiding disturbing the other guests around.

Their roof top is something else. What a place to spend the late afternoon and have a drink on hand while watching the sunset and listening to music. Just a perfect setting!

We were lucky that their Beachcomber Bar just opened the week we were there. It's right on the beachfront and it's a good feeling just sitting there having drinks with your buddies. The place is always crawling with beautiful people and spent most of our nights there...sometimes dancing with new found friends.

I will surely come back and stay at Beachcomber. The place is just awesome and one of the best place I've ever stayed!

The Good, The Bad and the Ugly

by TripAdvisor Member edleycabs

Just back from 6 days over the Lunar New Year holiday staying in the honeymoon room.

The good.
The staff were all very friendly, accommodating and always ready with a smile. The room itself was large with a good shower and I appreciated the touch of having an Ipod dock to listen to a few tunes whilst in the room.

The bad.
The bed was like a concrete block and the pillows were thin, lumpy and extremely uncomfortable. Added to the other factors in "the ugly" my wife and found it difficult to get a decent nights sleep.

Note also that the resort is NOT on the beach. You need to cross a very busy road to get to the beach. There are many, many places that offer true beach front accommodation.

The resort has 11 rooms. When you do arrive at the beach there are four, thats right only four, reclining loungers. As you can imagine unless you are up at the crack of dawn someone else has already nipped down there and draped their towel and some other possessions to secure possession of the lounger for the day. Its very frustrating and unrelaxing to have to worry about fighting for a lounger every time you want to enjoy the beach. If you are anyone like me, you wander down the beach and stare wistfully at the tens of beach loungers in front of the other beach front resorts.

I had a massive disappointment with the hotel when checking out. I was required to pre-pay 50% of the accommodation to secure the booking in USD (which is what the room rate is quoted in their website as). Unknown to me, they took the PFP/USD rate at this time and put this on my booking sheet. When I came to check out and pay the remaining balance they used the rate when I made the booking NOT the current rate which just so co-incidentially had suffered a 15% currency variation - in their favour of course!! So, firstly I got charged in PFP not in USD as is quoted, secondly got charged at a historical rate not the current bank rate which happened to add an additional 15% to my bill. Incredibly cheeky, frustrating and quite frankly was akin to theft. Unfortunately, I was running late and was just not that interested in getting into a shouting match which people who were just not going to budge. So, my advice (if you are actually going to stay here) is that you secure the cross rate on the USD/PFP at the time of booking to ensure you dont get ripped off like I did.

The ugly (yes, it gets worse than the above...)
The balcony you see on the picture looks nice right? You've probably checked the website and seen the couple sipping on a cocktail on the balcony looking all nice and relaxed? Do not be fooled for a second. Remember that road I was telling you about earlier? Well, it is CONSTANTLY filled with motorbikes zooming up and down the road with noisy mufflers, bad brakes and spewing noxious fumes into the air. It is both unpleasant and extremely unrelaxing. They start early and dont really stop until the late evening.

The airconditioning unit. Well, to get to the point it is so loud it rivals the sound of a small aircraft taking off. Try sleeping through that!

The final insult to end it all. Directly across the road there is an ironically named "Chill Out" bar which plays LOUD music until at LEAST 1am in the morning. Friday and Saturday nights you are treated until around 3am. If its not the live band with a banging, crashing drum kit you have a DJ pumping out heavy bass sounds which reverberate straight into your room.

So in partnership with our aircon unit, concrete bed, awful pillows, endless loud motorbike traffic and loud music it was a VERY unrelaxing place to stay. The only way to get any sleep was to wear earplugs. Give me a break! I'm on holiday - not on an aircraft!

So, in summary. Would I go to Boracay again? Definitely. Fun place, great beach and fabulous people. Would I stay or recommend the Beachcomber - not in my lifetime!

Great Hotel - Can't wait to return!

by TripAdvisor Member ShanghaiHelen

This was a great find! We were 2 families with 5 kids between us. Rooms were clean with hot showers, TV (good shows for adults AND kids when they needed a break from the heat) and each room has an iPod docking station. The rooms were quite simple but we hardly spent any time there! Breakfast was served daily on either the rooftop overlooking the ocean or on the beach - doesn't get better than that! Staff were friendly and very efficient and attentive. Location was about 5-10 mins walk from D'Mall center where there are enough restaurants to eat somewhere different for each meal! Aria was very popular with us. In opposite direction about 5-10 mins walk was Friday's Hotel that does great Friday night Buffet and small show - don't miss it! Horse riding within walking distance that the kids enjoyed and every water sport you can think of. Everybody had a fantastic time and would go back to the Beachcomber in a heartbeat. Missing it already! Only advice that we did not take from the hotel was that we payed own way to and from the hotel as it is MUCH cheaper than their cost.

Loved the cleanliness and the very accomodating staffs

by TripAdvisor Member CJBGonzaga

Me and my husband had an amazing experience in boracay. We've been with some other resorts in bora as well as other tourist spots in the Philippines (Cebu, Bohol, Davao, etc.) and nothing can be compared with our experience in our last stay in boracay. Thanks to the lovely staffs and imaculately clean BEACHCOMBER. Really love the place!

Comments