Best Western Boracay Tropics Resort

Costs 52% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• LoriPori's Profile Photo

STATION 2 LOCATION - MIDDLE OF WHITE BEACH

January 13 to 19, 2012
    When Hans and I were trying to decide what Hotel to book for Boracay Island, we wanted to stay in the middle of White Beach, near Station 2. We picked BEST WESTERN BORACAY TROPICS RESORT as it had all the amenities we wanted - swimming pool, buffet breakfast every day and free Wi-Fi for Hans. The Hotel was about a five-minute walk to the Beach.
    We Loooooved it there. The staff were awesome and friendly and helpful. Our room (# 301) overlooked the kidney-shaped swimming pool. It really was a tropical oasis, sheltered from the hustle-bustle of the very busy main road.
    The Hotel has 40 rooms, 4 Cabana Suites and 2 Premier Suites. All rooms are equipped with air-conditioning (thank goodness, as it was very hot and humid), a mini-bar stocked with beverages (extra cost), a private shower, cable TV and an in-room safety deposit box (No charge).
    For the six nights we were there, we paid 19,061 Philippine Pesos, or about $400.00 U.S. Breakfast is included and what a breakfast it was. FABULOUS!
    Fruits - pineapple, papaya, bananas
    tomatoes, green peppers
    Little dried fishies - yum
    plain white rice
    Beverages - coffee, tea, orange juice and milk
    Bread, rolls
    Dessert - fried bananas, sweet rolls
    Pancakes, ham, sausages, scrambled eggs
    Station for made to order sunny-side up eggs or omelet
    And much much more

Directions: Station 2

• Awesome hotel

I got it for $70 on a website, but the price has been jacked since then.

Our room was in a brand new building that just opened 2 weeks before our stay. It was perfect except that our window was looking out into a garbage dump. I am sure that will be fixed in the future.

The pool was great and the facilities of the hotel were top notch. We were disappointed that the karaoke room was closed.

At the front desk, the towel rental service was handy but the laundry service was overpriced.

On the day of our departure, they helped us get a trike to the jetty and even packed us a breakfast for the road. No extra charge.

Overall, we were satisfied. We'd consider staying there again.

Directions: Not far from the tourist centre.

• a rat running around the buffet table!!!

we got to experience both the deluxe and superior room. deluxe for 2 persons is at P2,250 pp ($45). the room has a balcony facing the road. superior for 2 persons is at P2,750 pp ($55). it is similar to the deluxe room only a little bigger and has a balcony with pool view.

the bathroom is nice and clean and i liked the type of shower they installed.

our stay included breakfast and transfers. i wasn't able to test out their transfer though since we availed of regency's. but i got to ride in tropics' service. it doesn't have a/c and is very open (no doors or windows). the ride was a lil bit uncomfortable.

also, what i dont like about boracay tropics is their location. almost in station 3. and they're not a beachfront resort so you'd have to walk a whole block to get to the beach.

however, everything was ok until the last day when, while we were having breakfast, we saw a rat scampering around the buffet table! on the bread, jam, fruits... it was running around everywhere! but the worst part was when we called the server's attention to it, they ignored the rat and did not even bother to apologize. we waited for someone to approach us but no one came. finally, when someone did, all she said was that the buffet was closing because it was already 11 so if we wanted to eat more, we should get food now.

if we weren't late for our flight and had to leave, i would've reprimanded her. how dare they tell us that after seeing a rat stepping on the food we just ate??? and to add to that, my companion got sick after our trip. stomach problems.

we called up their main office and they apologized but only after reasoning that it was nothing out of the ordinary as other resorts had rats as well. i couldn't believe that they were trying to convince us that seeing a rat on the buffet table was NORMAL!!!!

boracay tropics claims to be a triple AAA resort but i don't think that after seeing that rat running around the food, i'd believe such an accreditation. too bad, i really enjoyed my stay there.

Directions: while on the beach, walk towards station 3. turn left on the street before the tourist center. walk until the end of the road.

• jma_riano's Profile Photo

The place to be

January of '07, my cousins and I stayed at Boracay Crown located in Station 1 Beachfront (not so good) while last year of May, I stayed in Boracay Tropics, Station 2, back of the house. I highly recommend Boracay Tropics. You will get your money's worth. Complete amenities including a vault where you can keep all your valuables. The breakfast buffet is also good. Check it out!

Unique Quality: It's very new!

More about Best Western Boracay Tropics Resort

Boracay Tropics

by sweetbelle

Hi There, Does anybody have feedback on Boracay Tropics? fairly new I believe. Do they have reasonable prices? not too far from the beach?

Thanks

by JennysTravels

In the Philippines? If so...I stayed here in 1998 for one week. I was amazingly beautiful. I stayed at a place called Tim Tims, it's right on the beach. THey have small single rooms and family style rooms as well. I do not remember pricing, but I know it was very cheap. Have a great time. I hope to see some pics on your return.

by boracaybill

www.boracayinfo.net?page=search&target=tropics

click as needed for more info.

RE: RE: Boracay Tropics

by sirenna

Tropics is about 5 minutes walk from the beach, on the main road.

by jesluh

Boracay Tropics used to be called Rainbow Villa and as Sirenna says is located on the main road and you get to it from the walkway by the side of the Tourist Center.

Rainbow Villa was my first accomodation when I visited Boracay in 1992. Been back to Boracay every year since, sometimes twice. Met my wife there and we've just celebrated out 12th wedding anniversary !

No idea what the prices are these days but I'm sure they are a damn site more than they were in 1992 !

Re: Boracay Tropics

by leslieherana

hi anyone knows the price per room in le soleil please thanks

Comments