Beach Front, Station 2, Philippines

Agoda.com Expedia.com Asiatravel.com

Costs 25% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• great!

From arrival to departure, Boracay Mandarin Hotel staff were so courteous and friendly, a true reflection of real Filipino hospitality. We recently booked our group in this resort, and we were so happy that we did! Ms. Lily, the owner, personally attended to her guests' needs and ensure that everything is well arranged.

Resort location is also superb. It's beachfront, nearest to restaurants and shopping stalls.

If you want a silent evening, just a short walk to the shoreline and you will enjoy a serene piece of nature.

• Boracay Mandarin Hotel

It is very rare of me to post things either good or bad on any of these travel sites, but please if you're at all considering staying at the Boracay Mandarin Hotel read this review. This is one of the worst hotel experiences that I have every had in my life. I'll start by listing the incidents numerically.
    1) The original "deluxe" room that they had a toilet that only partially flushed and eminated a horrendous stench every morning(smelled like the septic system was backing up).
    2) The hotel is nowhere near complete, there is incessant loud construction noise every morning, the beautiful spa that is in their website is a total misreprentation, there was not spa functioning during my recent stay. The construction noise is extremely loud and despite my complaints, the staff did nothing about getting the workers to start at a reasonable time(after 9am).
    3) There is very unscrupulous accounting used by their front desk. I was promised a rate of 175 US dollars which I trusted would be correctly converted into PHP, I signed my mastercard receipt without doing the conversion myself which was a big mistake, as they ended up charging me about 15% over the current exchange rate.
    4) They accused my gf and I of staining all the duvet covers and pillow sheets with henna at checkout, which was a blatant lie, we couldln't even defend ourselves because they didn't tell us about it until they removed all the sheets from the room.(they essentially showed us stained sheets and told them it was from our room). It's sad that they would compromise the integrity of their hotel just to charge tourists a few extra dollars.

Unique Quality: none

More about Boracay Mandarin Island Hotel

Boracay Mandarin Hotel

by s3jwang about Boracay Mandarin Hotel

I can go on and on about how miserable my stay there was, it's really sad that my vacaton on such a beautiful island was tainted by the unscrupulous business practices of one hotel. If you want to ask me any futher questions about my dealings with the mandarain boracay, please feel free to email me. s3jwang@gmail.com none

white beachwhite beach

Leaving Manila For CaticlanLeaving Manila For Caticlan

Paraw, Flying Fish & Banana BoatParaw, Flying Fish & Banana Boat

Dedicating My Helmet Dive / Reef Walk To VTDedicating My Helmet Dive / Reef Walk To VT

Latest Government Fees (terminal & environmental fees) from Manila to Boracay

by letam

Hi,

Anyone who knows latest terminal fees from Centennial Airport to Boracay? I heard that Centennial Airport now charges 250/head on terminal fee for local flights while the environmental fee at Caticlan is now at 75pesos? Are these correct?

Can anyone also please confirm latest fees listed below & how often should I pay for each?
Kalibo Airport Terminal Fee = 40/head (outgoing only)
Caticlan Port Terminal Fee = 50/head (incoming & outgoing?)
Cagban Port Terminal Fee = 50/head (incoming & outgoing?)

Are there discounts for Senior Citizens & kids?

Thanks in advance for your help.

cheers!

Re: Latest Government Fees (terminal & environmental fees) from Manila to Boracay

by boredoffboracay

domestic is p200 and p75 is environmental fee on caticlan to boracay..why should there be a seniors discount on these fees as in essence they are taxes or with specific purposes..and if you do not have a local senior ID even if you are age 100 dont expect any discounts on anything...

Travel Tips for Boracay Island

Slide those glass doors open and see this...

by syllybabe

Waking up in the morning to the sound of the waves is always something to look forward to in Boracay.
In July, when it rains a lot, you may wake up to what may look like a dark, dreary day but be patient and wait a couple of hours and you'll get clear blue skies again.

Sandals or comfortable slippers for Boracay

by kylian74

Light clothes preferably shorts and T-shirs. it can be always a 'wet landing' upon arrival in Boracay from the motorboat you have to step on the water and sandy beaches before proceeding to your booked resort. Absolutely never forget your photo equipment if you want to have some Boracay paradise pictures. Always beach gear is the most comfortable attire. At night you can choose to wear long pants to protect from any insects or mosquito bites.

Rent a "Bangka"!

by mathildag

One of the best way to feel like a local is rent a "bangka" or fishing boat. Get a small one (ask your hotel or make friends with the kids that go fishing everyday). We managed to befriend a nice 10-year-old who rented the boat to us for 250 pesos for the entire afternoon. We paddled our way through the beach. At one point, we even asked the boy to take us to the areas where he goes fishing. The boy's an expert with a fishing spear! It was quite an experience!

Catch of the Day!

by sirenna about Beach Vendors

It doesn't come much fresher than this! Why buy your seafood from the market when you can buy it from a local fisherman on the beach? Watch out for guys passing by carrying boxes and baskets. There's even a guy who sells delicious hot roasted chicken. You'll recognise him by his loud shouts of "Lechon Manok!"
If your resort doesn't offer a cooking service, ask around - many places will be happy to BBQ your meal for you. Many things are available - fish, prawns, squid, oysters, lobster... Prices vary depending on what you buy and how much it weighs. It's usually cheaper to buy seafood from a beach vendor than from a shop.

Comments