Station 2 Balabag, 2004, Philippines

3rd Time Round

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 8, 2015

The 3rd time around

This is my third time staying in Boracay Regency now its a 3 night and 4days stay and it still does meet my expectations. But there are things that I start
to notice that needed some improvements and some are still ok. The first thing is the room that we have stayed with, I have stayed
before in Premiere rooms with pool access and just the plain premiere room twice as well as the Superior Room. Last time we have stayed
was just as little of almost 2years and stayed in a Premiere room but now same room category I have noticed already the age of time, I started to
notice some things in the rooms though it was still clean no doubt about it, but I feel that its not the same Premiere thing
as it is what they called, rooms seems outdated from lamps shade to wall decors chairs and other fixtures, the rooms seems to be
a bit dark now compare to the other rooms of maybe just because of the old light bulbs and shade turned too much yellowish, the flooring
needs to be changed scratches all over the floors you can see that it has been there for many years already. The big see through
window on the bathroom also need to be renovated the side holding it at damage already by water comming from the bathtub, the marble on the sink has
a huge crack on it and just fixed by putting a white cement or epoxy but still it is falling apart or shaky that you dont want to
put pressure on it fearing it could fall down. But still they still maintain the cleanliness of the room, the politeness of their
staffs, the smile and greet every time I see a staff is still there. Before I go further I would like to commend Genivieve
of the booking department I dont know her personally but over the period of time she still answer tons of my questions in no
time. With the food I must say it improve already, the only thing and the same problem I have notice is the flies on the desert and other stations that dont
have covers I hope they can do some thing about this. I have stayed in the Superior room on the last day and guess what
I was surprise that that the only difference between the rooms is the balcony and the location and view but who cares if
you are always out of the room.Upon entering the room I saw the difference its a bit new I think the Superior room that we have stayed
has been renovated already, the room feels light new decors, new floorings as well as the bathroom just minus the bath tub is
all looks new. So I hope they said they are proud that they are part now of Henan Group I hope the could prove and keep it up
by improving the rooms that was once so called Premiere to be a real Premiere coz for me its not that Premiere it is to be as before
time to upgrade maybe.
But still I enjoyed my stay and still will consider staying here again.

I feel so cheated and unhappy. Never again

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 14, 2012

First of all I want to say that the hotel itself, location and premises are great. Our first stay here was nearly 3 yrs ago, and we liked it even more than Nami (which we payed double the price in our first trip). We love Boracay. But I will never give business to this hotel chain ever again in my life as I have never heard such ridiculous cancellation policy.

Due to recent China/Filipino conflict, we have black travel warnings from HK/China. We are not concerned about safety (Filipinos are friendliest on earth!!) but we are worried about flights and rightly so (for example Southern Air, Air China cancel all Philipines flights this week). So we asked to postpone for a few months and their bookings office refused (we spoke to 2 ladies Angelica Lanzon and Benise Bernal). While we can appreciate its not a problem with them as individuals, nevertheless we were flabbergasted.

This is exceptional circumstance and call of exceptional looking after of good clients (we always try to book direct with hotels so they maximize the profit!). You will not get this at this hotel.

Unique Quality: Big pools, very close to town.

Boracay Regency Resort - Outstanding Features

by written on September 15, 2011

Unique Quality: The resort is huge and beautiful, inside and out. Below are the unique features that never failed to impress us.

1) Exposed wooden beams of the ceiling - gives a country beach feel.
2) Two (2) big swimming pools - very well-maintained.
3) Floating Jacuzzi - situated right in the middle of one pool.
4) Floating bar - perfect chilling out spot.
5) Zen inspired gardens with water feature - well-manicured
6) Zen inspired fish ponds - creates a peaceful ambiance.

Boracay Regency Resort - Breakfast Buffet

by written on September 15, 2011

The restaurant where they serve the complimentary breakfast buffet is facing the beach. It's a good spot to have a cup of coffee, enjoy the morning fresh air, listen to the sound of the waves and just enjoy the whole boracay experience.

The food was great. ;o)

Boracay Regency Resort - Room Accommodation

by written on September 14, 2011

We booked one (1) superior room with one (1) queen sized bed. It's the cheapest room but the amenities and facilities are remarkable.

The room is spacious and has a window that overlooked a beautiful pond.

It has glass-cased shower room complete with shower essentials and toiletries. Stack of big towels, so no need to keep on calling the housekeeping.

The only thing that's lacking was bedroom slippers. ;o(

suroyista's Profile Photo

Boracay Regency Resort - Simply the Best!

by written on September 11, 2011

For our accommodation, after countless online searches for the best hotel/resort, we opted the "Boracay Regency Beach Resort".

The very reason why we chose Boracay Regency Beach Resort is its location. The resort is beachfront, and it is in Station 2, where all the actions take place. It is also very near to the popular "d' mall" and other wonderful restaurants and bars.

All our inquiries, bookings and payment were done online, through their official website and email. Their reservations officers handled us very well. We have no complaints about their service to us. They were very nice to us and very considerate to extend our option date. They provided us with all the necessary things that we should know about the island.

We availed of their airport to resort transfer service, with a minimal additional charge. We were picked by the resort van from the airport to the resort marina house. From there, the resort's speedboat transported us to the island. Refreshments and face towels were provided to all guests.

When we arrived in the resort, the lobby was packed with guests - well, we didn't mind because it was peak season. Each guest was given welcome drink and was guided to the lobby lounge while waiting for their turn to check in. As expected, we didn't get our room right away because it still has to be cleaned. So we left our baggage in the concierge and had lunch in the nearby restaurant.

We checked out early in the morning, so it was a total opposite scene when we checked in, the lobby was still quiet and peaceful. The manager on-duty was very kind enough to offer us cups of coffee, while waiting for the shuttle.

The staff were very friendly and always ready to give us a hand.

mastercooks's Profile Photo

Nice Experience

by written on February 7, 2010

We went there last Jan 15-17, prior to that I have read a lot of reviews and done my research for months before finally booking with them. I did my booking directly with them through email, I would like to commend the person replying promptly to my tons of questions, I didnt need to wait long for answers and that makes me feel that they do their job very well with lots of concern that I sent with her I was amazed she didnt missed a single reply to me keep it up I am not sure of the name I think its Stephanie. I have prepaid my booking already so with that I was given a 20 percent discount even I didnt ask for it.

Our flight was delayed for an hour so I texted them that there are changes on flight status so they need to re arrange the transfer accordingly as well and indeed they call me to confirm it. We were greeted upon arrival at Caticlan and was escorted to the recieving area and waited for a while for the van going to the private pier and from there we were given a bottled water, during our arrival the sea is bit rough so we used the bigger out rigger boat going to Boracay island and again we were meet by the hotel staff at the port and the van is waiting for us already to fetch us going to the hotel, all in all the transfer is sweep nothing to worry about everything is being taken care of. Upon reaching the hotel I look on the surroundings and it was indeed a big hotel and its clean, I do hesitate at the start to come inside since I have a lot of sands in my foot but since guest are just simply goes in and out I just did the same and I wonder how they keep the area clean good house keeping then.

With the check in procedure for me they need to improve this since I was third in line for check in and it took me 20 minutes standing in the line and it was not that crowded during our time I just wish they do checking in with an instant. Since we arrived late and the room will be availabe at 2pm we opt to wait on the lobby before going out, oh by the way you can only have the welcome drinks upon completing the check in and getting the stab would it be nice to offer it upon arrival while waiting in line. While waiting for 2pm I decided to try thhe Wifi service I tried to connect but there is a user name and password required so I asked the front desk for it but to my surprise its not free and I have to purchase an access card for 150 per hour or 500 pesos fo a 24 hour access which I found it over price and not suitable since its a very big hotel and other hotels offers Wifi for free, how much bandwith only it will cost for them since guests are always out.

The room we had is Premier room with pool access, its spacious, ample amount of toiletries, hot and cold shower, no problem with water pressure,they do have a bath tub, bath robe are provided for 2, umbrellas are available on your room, safety deposit box big enough for a 14 inch laptop, a flat screen tv, fridge, and a super quiet split type aircon, even we are just 2 the room has a single bed and a queen size one, the bed are ok as well as the pillows, they do offer a complimentary bottled water everyday for 2 and if you wish to have hot beverage in your room they have an electric kettle and offers a complimentary instant coffee,tea and chocolate drinks.

When going out to the beach they provide towels which you can use and bring every where all you have to do is return it after wards on the same place where you borrowed it. Problems with hawkers are handled by the security guards on the beach and they are not that annoying just say no and they will leave you other wise the guard will approach them. They do also offer now water activities with discounts for in house guests, but I do manage to find a cheaper alternatives with our sacrificing safety and the people I get serve as our tour guide as well.

With the food we took the breakfast and dinner package only since we are out during lunch doing island hopping, during our first night for dinner (Jan 15) I would like to commend the team on that shift they are very attentive and looks well for the customers need and that an exceptional customer service. With other issues about the food they do add or change the menus during our stay, one thing I just noticed is that on the desert station there is problem regarding flies since there is no cover on the food unlike the main dish where it is protected by cover I just wish they can do some thing with it since flies are touching the deserts. But all in all the food is great I forgot that I am dieting and my wife even told that its good that I took the package so we dont need to worry about food since everything is there already.

About the band playing outside the hotel I didnt find it a problem at all I dont know if its just not peak thats why its not that loud or I am still young to manage the sounds, but in our room you could not hear a sound at all from the band all we can hear are the wind that is whooping on our glass door.

All in all we have a pleasant stay and looking forward again to stay next year.

Unique Quality: Great pool and breakfast buffet. Premier rooms with pool access is a plus.

Directions: Station 2 area in the middle of Boracay's long stretch of white sand beach

screamcheese's Profile Photo

I'm comfy here

by written on January 24, 2010

I always stay here whenever I take the time off to visit Boracay. Why? It's located in Station 2, which gives you easy access to Station 1 and D'mall. Recently, they added a new wing plus a new pool too. Their massage rooms are super tempting and relaxing too. Although it was only my brother-in-law and sister who tried their couple massage, I was able to tour around and appreciate their Japan-ish rooms and hallway:D

Unique Quality: I know that the ones in Station 1 are really top of the line resorts/hotels. With Boracay Regency, even if you're on a budget travelling with family or friends, you get to pay at an average price and still enjoy their amenities and receive high quality treatment from the staff.

They also offer affordable package deals all year round! :D

DJ_RO's Profile Photo

Beach Station 2

by written on June 19, 2007

The service wasn't bad but the food was nothing great bordering on bad.

Unique Quality: I really loved how the landscaping of the gardens were plus the fact that it has 3 swimming pools of different shapes and sizes. The new Garden wing is very beautiful and modern. I loved the way the hotel had animals everywhere from a Cockatoo to big Kois and Catfish everywhere. Plus the size of the hotel is quite big so you can find your own corner without anyone bothering you. There are 3-4 roof decks you can go to and underground bar and a garden that has a secret walkway entry.

Directions: Near the border of Beach Station 3 from Beach station 2

location, convenience and service!

by written on April 24, 2007

went there during holy week, a peak period. got a 3d 2n package for P12,096 ($250) per person. this includes a standard room for 2, daily breakfast and dinner buffet and airport transfers.

regency's airport transfers are the best! from the airport, a mini bus awaits to take you to the port. while waiting for the ferry, you don't have to stay in the port itself as regency has its own airconditioned lounge equipped with cable tv to entertain you while you wait. in boracay, a fierra awaits your arrival and will take you to the hotel. by the way, all transportation used is with a/c except the ferry.

when we got to regency, our room was not yet ready as it was still too early. so, guest services checked in our luggages so we could be free to roam boracay. but before we did explore, we took our welcome drinks and did a little people watching in regency's gazebo bar.

the staff is very friendly in regency. despite the hectic schedule during holy week, the front desk people kept their cool. housekeeping is prompt in catering to our requests.

we got a standard room deep within the resort. but we prefer it that way because during holy week, outdoors are too noisy. i'd rather have a room hidden inside the resort than one near the beach. i love the sheets they use in regency, probably why there is a MINIMUM charge of P2,500 ($50) for henna stains!

i love the bathroom as well because the shower has a glass door instead of shower curtains.

the buffet dinner in regency is not that good as compared to others around the area. but maybe only because regency was strict in observing holy week and did not serve meat. although ambiance wise, i'd choose regency still because the dinners were set up on the beach itself and was accompanied by a performing live band to entertain you while you eat.

as to their breakfast, it's great! regency's tapa's the best one i've tasted in boracay!

finally, what i love about regency is its location. it's in the middle of everything and really near d'mall in case i need anything.

Unique Quality: regency is famous for its stairs. a lot of peole take pictures here.

if im not mistaken, the hotel has 3 pools. the pool near the room we stayed, the first pool direction coming from d'mall, has a children's wading pool and a jacuzzi. the water's great. i would've have loved for a deluxe room with pool access (outside the room is a veranda where you can jump directly into the pool). i think at that time that room type costs around P10,000 ($200) a night.

i love regency's beachfront, complete with lounge chairs and white umbrellas. i could just stay there and bask in the sun all day. and for guests, they give out towels which you can use for sunbathing or swimming in the pool and in the beach as well.

Directions: from d'mall, back facing the beach, walk to your right. you'll pass le soleil, boracay peninsula, boracay mandarin. after a few more establishments, you'll see boracay regency.

Not worth the money

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 29, 2006

Despite the claims made on the fancy website, this hotel is nowhere near being 5 star and is not related to the well known and respected Hyatt Regency hotel group. We were led to believe it had the widest stretch of the beach which was not true. The beach is widest at the station 1 end. The area where Regency is located is quite busy, which we were not keen on as we wanted a bit more peace and a romantic setting. The place seemed to be geared towards Koreans and there certainly were a lot of them around! There was construction work going on in the front of the hotel and even that aside, we didn't find it very attractive - though it takes a good couple of minutes to walk past it. It really doesn't fit in with the look of the rest of the island as it's WAY too much concrete.
We thought we would be giving ourselves a treat, but all in all we felt let down. The staff were not rude but we didn't feel like valued customers and some requests we made to the staff simply seemed like too much trouble. For the amount we paid we expected a better standard of service and the food was not up to scratch at all.
We will most likely be back for the beauty of Boracay but we'll be spending our money elsewhere.

joysweet's Profile Photo

by written on February 17, 2006

Wouldn't really recommend as the hotel is very very expensive. Although the location is great, right smack in the middle of white beach with a wide wide wide beach front for guests.

Unique Quality: The wide beach area for guest

syllybabe's Profile Photo

Where it's happening all the time

by written on February 24, 2003

Boracay Regency is centrally located in Station 2. Closest to places to eat and hang out are right next door to my favorite sunset place, Charlh's bar.
If you want hotel comfort in an island location, Boracay Regency has great rooms and hot and cold running water all the time. Prince Hendrik's Cafe serves good hotel-type buffet breakfasts.
They also have a dance club if I remember correctly but don't take my word for it because I haven't been inside.
Again, this is a hotel accommodation and normally, I wouldn't opt to stay here if I were planning to "be away from it all" because it takes away a lot of the so called island setting.
It's a great resort with great facilities, though, so if you're with your family and you have little kids, they will enjoy the pool and other conveniences.

kylian74's Profile Photo

One of nice hotel in Boracay

by written on February 4, 2003

Unique Quality: Situated just in the heart of Boracay.......perfect beach views,
they have attractive exclusive beach garden and with complete facilities; swimming pool.

Nearby Boracay Regency

• Suites
  • Airport Transportation
  • Bar / Lounge

Boracay Island Travel Forum

Need advice about Boracay Island, Philippines? Visit the Travel Forum for Boracay Island and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Boracay Island hotel reviews

Pose at Sand Castles
Willy's Rock
Snorkelling
Things to Do
the various restaurants and food courts in d'Mall
Restaurants
the smoking lounge at the airport
Restaurants
Godofredo Ramos Airport (Caticlan Airport)
Transportation
Big Passenger Boats (Outrigger canoes)
Paraw
Faces on the street.
Seafood on White Beach
White Beach Boardwalk
Things to Do
A stunning beach with loads to do.
Looks can be deceiving!