Station 2, Balabag Boracay Island, Malay Aklan, Boracay, Philippines

Expedia.com Asiatravel.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Poor

• jenniedevera's Profile Photo

La Carmela de Boracay- a Place to stay

La Carmela de Boracay is Located in Station 2. Owned by Boy So, a Very Good Friend of Boy Abunda. Some of the celebrities in the Philippines stays in La Carmela.

We've stayed in La Carmela for almost 1 week. The accommodation is very well and very hospitable.

• ManuelitoT's Profile Photo

Hotel is OK but STAFFS we're so unpleasant!!!

The hotel is quite OK even though it was seems overcrowded, in my opinion. We stayed there for 4 days and we rented 4 rooms.They had really bad service.. Some staffs were very rude...One time I called for costumer service coz the bathtub was clogged or should I say it was actually broken in which you cannot empty it at all. Then the guy came and explained that it was broken, but their BOSS haven't changed it yet. I did not complain at all coz the guy apologized for the inconvenience that occurred/ just call again if needed he said. That was OK for me. The next day my father got sick and was having a high fever. We called the the service for ice and face towel. They answered, we need to pay an extra charge for ice bucket and face towel..We don't have any choice so we said, charge it on our room...a moment later a guy came asking what do we need, then we needed to explain again ice and face towel, then over again reminding it will be an extra charge for those, again yes..after few min the face towel arrived and then later on the ice bucket..then again the guy reminded us we to pay for extra...we said yes yes put it on the room charge..It was so stupid to say it all over2x again..seems they are lacking of communication from staff to staff...Later that night I accidentally closed the bathroom door and I didn't notice that the lock was turned. Tried to opened it by myself by I can't. So my sister called the service, after a while, somebody was knocking the door. Then I opened and woman was standing. With a disappointment/Angry?/ Not willing at all? Without greeting at all. she said

STAFF: '' I will only open the door''
    ME: fine

She opened the toilet door really fast and then turned her back from me without saying anything. Before I open my mouth to say something she EVAPORATED like a mad-dog. I was really pissed off so I slammed the door , so that he would hear it. NICE HUH??

• Bed Bugs & Beyond

Not recommended; see title! Stayed 2 nights only thank goodness & it's true...you get what you pay for. No shower door, poor workmanship altogether in the bathroom, very firm beds, poor lighting, smells odd. Staff friendly, but seem to be superfluous. 3 or 4 will be just standing around like guards in the hallway, a hallway that echoes with the cacophony of numerous guests & that very friendly staff all talking and calling out to each other. Yes, the pool is pretty but in the main thoroughfare, so only kids care to swim there. Checking out is a nightmare if it's busy - bookkeeping done manually! I would've found it quaint, if I wasn't preoccupied with an "itchy" feeling to high-tail it out of there!

• maribeldizon's Profile Photo

Friendly hotel

Contrary to the negative comments about the hotel, we found our stay in La Carmela de Boracay (Aug 19-22) very pleasant. The hotel staff were friendly and accommodating. There were so many people checking-in and out when we arrived and the Reception staffs and rooms boys really looked very busy and a bit tired but they did not fail to greet and smile at the guests. There was welcome drinks for the new arrivals.

We booked 3 standard rooms through Metrodeal promo so we really got a super discounted rate! For the price we paid, we did not expect much. Upon arrival we were given rooms on the 2nd floor. Since our 79yr old mother had difficulty going to the room, we requested to be transferred to the ground floor rooms. The request was immediately granted! Request for the tv remote control fresh towels, toilet papers were either delivered to our rooms or we picked them up from housekeeping.

The standard room is air-conditioned with 2 double beds (good enough for 4pax), TV, cabinet, safety-deposit box, ensuite bathroom and a small terrace with mono-block table and 2 chairs were we hang our wet suits after swimming at the beach or hotel pool.

Staffs you meet along the corridor and the waiters in the restaurant were always ready with their greetings and smiles!

Buffet breakfast was ok, not that great but still ok, again considering it was only P200+ per pax.

My family enjoyed our stay and that's what is important to me!

• Bad Experience at La Carmela de Boracay

Just got back from a trip to Boracay and stayed at La Carmela de Boracay Resort Hotel.
    On my arrival, the hotel staffs read the hotel policies, which, one of them would be that "no hotel personnel may enter the guests rooms without the guests authorization."

The next day when we were going out for breakfast at their restaurant, I told my husband that I forgot to bring the food stubs and it was in our room. So he went back, and he was surprised to see a man --- hotel maintenance guy who is about to leave our room. So my husband asked him, why did he entered our room. The man replied that he was asked to check the room since we were already checking out. My husband told him that we were not checking out and he asked him who gave him the permission to enter the room. So this guy apparently reasoned out that he was advised to check Room 210 but he thought that it was Room 215????... Would you buy that? This reasoning was so unsound and so illogical that only leads to the conclusion that hotel is not really safe at all.

When we discussed this matter at the reception desk, aside from the apologies, all they could say was that we just check if we lost anything. Huh??? How are we supposed to know if something was missing at that time. Our stuffs were out of our bags and so hard to know if we lost anything at all. Worst hadn't we caught this guy in the act, and lost something, we could have blamed it to others.

They call it accident, we call this "INTRUSION". Maybe the management should do some background check to all their staffs as well, especially if they have access to keys to the rooms. Until you do this, your hotel guests' security is compromised. To think that we are willing to pay for thousands of pesos for a so-called "better accomodation" and all you get is this. To the Lady Hotel Manager --- Apologies accepted but we will never return to your hotel again.

• prettyreese's Profile Photo

Kindest Staff in Boracay

I've been to Boracay 4 times and I stayed in La Carmela twice. I can say that among the hotels that i stayed La Carmela is the best and one of the cheapest Hotel in Station 2. They have the kindest staff for me.

A lot of local celebrities stayed in La Carmela. You can see it in their Bulletin Board.

Unique Quality: They have a good facility.Kids can swim in the pool.
    Food is great.
    Staff would even volunteer to take a picture of you.

Directions: Near the Talipapa.just go straight, turn left and right. You will see a Talipapa Banner. You can buy a shirt for P100 to P200 only. There are many affordable foods to choose for.

• buenababe's Profile Photo

Just OK

I booked La Carmela since their room rates are quite "reasonable" as compared to other beach front hotels. It is in an ideal part of white beach, which is station 2, and the location is very much convenient if u go either station 1 or 3.

Yet the facilities are not that good. Like the jacuzzi in our room doesnt function coz the staff said there's a leak. and the swimming pool doesnt have that much privacy. One of the reasons why i chose La Carmela is supposedly for its swimming pool, but when i was there, i dont have the nerve to swim in front of hundreds of people passing by!haha

The room is also ok, but still a bit small as when they appear in pics. I would recommend it, but please, dont expect too much. ;)

• machomikemd's Profile Photo

mid price and nice location

mid price resort hotel in the middle of station two

Unique Quality: nice and clean rooms and with acess to the beach front

• rhen27's Profile Photo

budget-friendly hotel

The hotel was great... food was delicious... room was spacious, clean and was almost complete w/ amenities. Staff was accommodating, courteous and nice. service was good. Rate was budget-friendly. Overall the experience in staying at the La Carmela hotel was very satisfying. I'd even recommend it to my friends.

• tidzy's Profile Photo

For the budget-conscious

The front desk clerks were helpful and the rooms were clean. This hotel is known for their budget-friendly rooms. Breakfast buffet was good. International buffet dinner was delicious.

Unique Quality: For guests who expect to pay little, this is a good hotel with a pool and great view of the beach front. Easy access to anything and everything.

• ai_ai's Profile Photo

A Catch

It looks expensive because they have a pool in front much like the plosh ones but they do have a jaw dropping price (exagg!). The staffs were corteous and friendly, and they have free distilled water in a dispenser in the lobby.Bed is of wooden frame with firm mattress. There's a 20 inch TV in the room, an electric water heater and instant coffee and tea, a blow dryer ( to blow dry your hair before you go out to have a dip?) and a safe. Free breakfast is buffet style which is forever a plus in my book. We stayed in the first floor/ground floor and although the alley was small and a little on the scary movies side, it actually adds character to the place. There is a wall in the lobby that has pictures of actors and actresses in the philippines that I am guessing stayed there. Some of them were so not famous that me and the husband were guessing where the supposedly famous person is. But that's another story...

Unique Quality: They have a pool in front that's overlooking the beach. I am still trying to figure out why there are 2 bodies of water a stones throw from each other, but that is just me. They have kiosks beside the pool making it such a strategic location for people watching.

• Local Favorite

Surprisingly, La Carmela De Boracay is always being recommended by travel agencies during my stay there, the marketing staff of San Miguel was also staying there and later on, I saw some local shows on ABSCBN taped there. For quite a small and rather basic hotel, it has certainly created a lot of buzz. Just like other hotels in the island, La Carmela will take care of your service transfers to and from the Caticlan port. There was quite a mix up during our arrival but the staff made sure to make it up to us the next time around. Upon reaching "station 2", La Carmela is still quite a walk (as it is located at the beachfront), the service won't be able to take you right to the hotel since Boracay's streets are more of esquinitas rather than actual streets. Anyway, it's not THAT far but when you're walking under the scorching heat of the sun, it can be quite a challenge. At first glance, La Carmela doesn't really look that impressive, pools filled with laughing children are at the entrance, just in front of their small restaurant. The staff will welcome you with a cold glass of diluted orange juice, while their service is not "blazing fast", they are quite friendly and attentive.
    For their rooms, expect it to be well...pretty basic. I was able to get a twin sharing bedroom, compared to other three star hotels that i've been in, their room is pretty small. The bathroom doesn't have a bathtub but it's okay nonetheless. The beds are very comfortable, and overall the room is pretty clean. It's also airconditioned and has a TV and mini fridge – you just have to request them to turn on the fridge for you though and the remote control for the TV will only be given to you after you've forked out P300 for "deposit", don't worry, they'll give you your P300 back once you check out of the hotel.
    If you're not looking for a fancy place to stay, and you want to get a lot of exercise (it's quite a walk from D'Mall and the party scene at Station 1), then La Carmela De Boracay is worth checking out.

Unique Quality: Unique? Hmm...I don't think there's any.

• jascastro0327's Profile Photo

hotel

As I have canvass almost all of the beach-front hotels (w/ swimming pool), I find La Carmerla de Boracay to have the most reasonable price. The hotel has its own bar and jacuzzi and staffs are friendly and accomodating. Room is cozy with its own terrace (no seaview). Located in Station 2 (where some of the actions are to see). The hotel is very clean too but always fully booked. Backpacking is not advisable. Also, book directly to avail of 20% discount.

Unique Quality: This is the cheapest beach-front hotel with swimming pool.

• ai_ai's Profile Photo

Boracay's Friendly Place

Casa Pilar is a villa type with bunch of cottages and also some bungallow with separated rooms. It's clean. Bathroom is big, no tub. No hot and cold shower either. Mattress is firm in a rattan bedframe. The television is placed high above the cabinet and it's 14" only.Imagine a 14inch TV placed far above you...But, you wont be watching TV in Boracay anyway so it doesn't matter. The place is private. It is surrounded by big trees and landscaped garden. The staff are courteous and friendly. They were so nice to have us use their phones 20 million times from having to call our airlines when we got stranded. And since it was so hard to get through the calls, they even offered to call them themselves and just update us. So nice. And by the end of our trip, they gave me and my husband discount from being stranded. Free breakfast comes from their menu.

Unique Quality: I personally like the surroundings. The big trees and the garden inside the villa, and beautiful beach once you step out of it. Perfect!

• iris_e's Profile Photo

A new resort hotel in Boracay

Beachfront at Station 2 of Boracay Island. The location's pretty good and affordable. When I was in Bora a few months ago, this hotel was still under construction. They offered 20% discount on accommodations for off-peak seasons. Clean. It has its own pool in front of the hotel with 2 slides. The pool's not that deep at less than 6 feet. The rooms are clean and air-conditioned. I liked the room's furniture made of hardwood.

I didn't really like how the receptionist treated us. She's pretty but she's not that friendly. I liked the owner-manager better. She's friendly and helpful and honestly, I'd rather talk to her. Aside from that one front desk personnel, I'd say the service, facilities and amenities are great.

We got 2 rooms good for eight people at less than Php1,000 per person for 3 days and 2 nights. Not bad, huh?

Unique Quality: Rooms are clean and are airconditioned, with cable TV and ambient lighting. Hot and cold shower. 24 hour generator. Of course, you wouldn't really stay in the rooms forever! The beach is right in front of the hotel that calls on you every second.

The hotels very accessible. Many restaurants are nearby since it's located in the center of the beach coast. It's also very near to souvenir stalls.

The resort has a restaurant by the pool with 2 slides and has function rooms for conferences. It has a large lobby where you can have your meals.

Another plus: The hotel's very secure with its own security guards on duty 24 hours.

The resort hotel offers the following services:
    - airline ticketing assistance
    - safety deposit box
    - land and boat transfers
    - local and international calls
    - laundry

Directions: Station 2

More about La Carmela de Boracay

La Carmela De Boracay

by haagendanz

Thanks for all your replies on my question abt Red Coconut. Unfortunately, it is still booked so I'm keeping my options open.

I'm looking at La Carmela De Boracay...I heard it is new...Or is it recently remodeled? Will appreciate any comments on this place, please! :)

Re: La Carmela De Boracay

by cybcoun

La Carmela is new and looks nice, but the pool is beach front with kids, tourist and non tourist playing in it often loudly.....and early it seems. It is right in the middle of things though.....I recently stayed at Daves straw Hat inn...new place near boat st. 3, nice time, nice folks and really pretty and cheap with all the good things you want in a room... They have a web page by same name I believe, www.davesstrawhatinn.com....good travels

Re: Re: La Carmela De Boracay

by sirenna

That's true, it's in a very crowded area. Daves Straw Hat Inn is nice, and good value for money. If you want something a little more upmarket, try Alyssa Resort or Villa Camilla (has a swim -up pool bar).

RE: La Carmela De Boracay

by Dooley818

Before you go, if you still have not got a room, try the place on boat station Called Pink Patio. It may be booked as well. but my wife and I just came back from there and had a wonderful time. Not on the beach, but quiet and comfy. I think it is called the Patio Pacific now. email is www.pinkpatio.com. Beside the LandBank by station 3.

RE: RE: La Carmela De Boracay

by sirenna

Pink Patio is on the main road near boat station 1, not 3.

Comments