La Reserve Resort Hotel

Booking.com Agoda.com eDreams

Satisfaction Average

• georeiser's Profile Photo

The french Resort in Boracay

La Reserve Resort is located in the middle, left side of the island, very close to the White beach. The resort has some nice bungalows and a good restaurant right on the main beach path. The price for a room is +100 USD a night, with discounts in the low season. Breakfast incl. in the price.

The resort is owned by a french man, and the staff is Philippinos. Good service and nice staff.

• geezy's Profile Photo

Bungalow style hotel right next to dmall

The hotel is directly to the right as you come from dmall. So, the location is very convenient at station 2 (next to Red Coconut Hotel). ATM very nearby too (not more than a minute walk away). Individual bungalows have a front porch with tables and chairs and a rope chair swing. I had deluxe room with full bed, refrigerator, tv, dvd/cd player, table, bench, stone floors, marble bathroom with shower/tub, and AC. In November, cost was 4000php/day ($80), including free breakfast (bread, croissant, butter, coffee) which was a bit expensive for my taste, since I later found out that there were more hotels that cost much less, if not half the cost had I bothered to look.

That being said, I wouldn't recommend this hotel...when I was checking out, they claimed that a small face towel was missing. I had no answer for them as I had seen the towel once when I checked in and never saw it again the 2 days I stayed there (I had even forgot about it). But they claimed that they only replace towels that they see in the bathroom, and the fact that they didn't replace it, was because it wasn't there. It cost 100PHP and I was feeling a bit sick and not wanting to argue...then they said that a Perrier bottle had been opened and replaced in the refrigerator and so I would also have to pay 90 php. They intimated that guests I had over may have been responsible. Since I couldn't prove otherwise, and I was feeling ill and not in the mood to argue, agreed to pay the fees. The cost of the fees aren't important, but I felt that was a bit shady on their part. I didn't take their towel with their cheap embroidery nor drink their expensive water, so I felt mistreated with their extra fees on top of the their already overpriced room rates. Other than that, the front desk was friendly and helpful and the staff was overall friendly and helpful.

Unique Quality: Front porch with hanging rope chair. AC, tv with dvd/cd player, large refrigerator, massage room service was good and the price was fair. Beach chairs at front of hotel with towel usage.

Directions: From dmall, going towards beach at station 2, turn right, walk a few steps, and there it is.

More about Boracay Island

Paulo CollectionPaulo Collection

Caticlan Jetty PortCaticlan Jetty Port

Boats Used For Island HoppingBoats Used For Island Hopping

Kath Feeding The FishKath Feeding The Fish

HELP!!!

by geraldine_castro

Me and my boyfriend are traveling for Boracay on a tight budget...I need to know some fun activities we can do that will not drain our pockets out. We will stay for 3days 2nights please help me. We are both college students and we saved for this trip for months now and we really want to get our money's worth...please please help us ^.^

by PinoyTraveler

go for the Zorb as its a different experience! warning: always remember that you are on a tight budget cuz indeed you'll itch to do it again :)

by edwinic

Tell us how much you are willing to spend & we can suggest the equivalent activities

by kegler747

For 350 pesos per person you can do reef-walking. Many touts will quote 500 pesos but insist that it is only 350 pesos.

by boredoffboracay

Zorb is not a good fun thing..you can do that at a circus someplace..you are on Boracay..do a water sports thing, Reef walking is though frowned on by many due to environmental issues...

by dawsvegas

Go down to station 2 and you can get a sailboat and go around the entire island. it takes a couple of hours and it is beautiful. You can negotiate the price, I forget how much we paid but it was cheap and was a great day.

by CatBurglar

You can only rent a sailboat from either boat station 1 or 3 these days. They are forbidden to dock on the beach at station 2.

Boats at station 1 inevitably charge a lot more, sometimes twice or even 3 times more.
Go to station 3 to rent a boat if you want to save money. A good crew to go with is the Red Pirates paraw, who at P600 per hour are probably one of the most affordable.

by PinoyTraveler

TO/@boredoffboracay, I wonder WHERE else in this country do we find a zorb. which circus is that and WHERE?! please educate us

by CatBurglar

I tried the reefwalking and the company I went with (N.I.S) was very professional.
At no time did we walk on the reef. We walked on the sandy bottom of the ocean, next to a large cluster of rocks where we could observe the fish without damaging the corals. What was sad was when turned around and saw how much of the surrounding reef had died. It looked like a lunar landscape!

Travel Tips for Boracay Island

skip boracay unless you love noise and crowds!

by WillowCat

Boracay is a waste of money and time. In comparison to Thailand, it is overpriced, crowded, dirty, noisy and FULL of either overweight asian families or middle aged white guys looking to pick up Filipina girls. The water currently is FULL of algae which smells really bad, you can't go two steps anywhere here without being accosted by vendors and the cost of everything (Except alcohol) is higher than anywhere else in Asia I have been. The room rates are expensive -higher than north american standards even. I am here now and terribly dissapointed with White beach. I do think the other parts of the island I have seen so far are lovely and wish I had known more about WHite beach before I booked here.
The filipino people are very friendly but over-all I am giving this place a bit thumbs down!
Warning to others coming here - most places ask you to pre-pay the hotel which completely ties you down to staying there. I want to move to a quieter part of the island so I can actually sleep and get some peace and quiet and I am not able to cancel my costs here so will have to pay double to head there.

Good massage....

by kylian74

Enjoy massage in Boracay, either in your room of just lay along white beach. Ask one of those who are wearing colour green uniformed womens for your massage, they are one of the best certificated and recommended from boracay tourist center. 5 days one hour a day massage in boracay was great! the lady on the photo is Andrea, she's a good one, if you are visiting boracay soon and wanted her massage service, just ask me i have her no.

Travelling light? - What you DON'T need to bring.

by sirenna

There are plenty of shops in Boracay selling bags - they make good presents or souvenirs. Small rucksacks and sports bags are available, as are hand luggage type bags. There are a few shops selling evening bags, though usually the quality is not good, and fake designer labels abound. There is a great selection of beach bags though, so there is no need to bring those. There are many shops selling a wide variety of footwear, from sandals and slippers to dressy shoes. Kaycee Shoes (located in D'Mall) will even let you create your own!
If you are planning on hiking or biking, be sure to have comfortable walking shoes or well fitting sandals. Otherwise thongs/flip flops will be fine for every day. For days on the beach, no shoes are necessary. There are several well stocked pharmacies here, a couple of medical clinics and a hospital. You don't need to bring things like paracetamol or anti diarrea medication as they are readily available here. There are several shops here selling photo equipment, batteries and film. They also develop. Some places also have the facility to transfer digital photos onto a disk - if the photo lab can't do it, inquire at the nearest internet cafe. Hats, towels, sunglasses etc can all be purchased on the island if you didn't bring your own. There is no need to bring mosquito repellent as there are plenty of shops here that sell it. The same goes for sun screen - many good brands are now available. The Tourist Center has an air-conditioned shop selling toiletries, grocery items, beachwear, wines and spirits, dairy products and more.
You can change money and travelers cheques there, book/confirm flights and use the internet. The tourist center tends to charge the highest prices though, and there are a variety of little shops along the beach selling the same or similar goods at cheaper prices.
You'll also be able to find most things you need in D'Mall, close to boat station 2, or in Crafts Department store.

Go to Puka Beach!

by mojacko

I have some friends who never went out of White beach but there's a whole island to explore! Do go to Puka beach and discover a vast beach all your own. There's no algae or pollution here, just some puka shell vendors. I wish i had stayed here the longest. It's included in the island boat tour but they say you can also go there by tricycle.
Enjoy it while it lasts! Locals say Shangri-la is planning to make a huge hotel here.

Boracay City at night

by boracayinformation about Night shopping at De Mall

Boracay - at day time on many places still the " Beach Paradise" at night it becomes " Boracay City" - and night shopping is for many visitors a favorite past time. If you like night shopping too - " De Mall" is the place to go. One of my favorite shops is " Lonley Planet " - my wife loves the fashion from " Paulo Collection`s " and friends are searching for the right souvenirs at "Hill Views Marketing" - at De Mall you will find it all. From brand names like" The Body Shop" to local handicraft stores.
You can print your digital photos, buy imported " Swiss delicatessen at Heidi land", watch the world smallest waiters at " The Boracay Hobbit House" or buy Org. Italian homemade ice cream for your kids - and soon you will believe me: You might forget that you are on an small tropical island - welcome to night shopping at Boracay City. From cents to a fortune - it is really up to you. And window shopping is for free!

Comments