Mr Holiday Resort

MR Holidays Hotel
Hotels.com Asiatravel.com Travelocity

More about Mr Holiday Resort

sweetsweet

my best 'man'...Hotsauce28!my best 'man'...Hotsauce28!

Paraw, Flying Fish & Banana BoatParaw, Flying Fish & Banana Boat

Meet My Daughter, Kathrynn JoyceMeet My Daughter, Kathrynn Joyce

Ban's, De Paris, Watercolors, Boracay Courtyard, Blue Lilly

by rtirona

Hi! We are going to Boracay this June and are looking for some reasonable accommodations (P2000 or less). We are 6 in the group and would need 3 twin sharing rooms. I am looking for nothing fancy, just the standard twin/queen size bed, cable TV, aircon, hot and cold shower. Preferably beach front location in station 1. I am considering the following resorts...

- Bans
- De Paris
- Watercolors
- Blue Lilly
- MR Holiday
- Boracay Courtyard

can you guys share with me your opinions on the resorts mentioned and which you would prefer to stay in? Or if you can share with me any contact numbers of some resorts you know that fit the said price range. I would really appreciate your help. Thanks!

by boracaybound

Based on the time of year you are planning to go, the prices should be coming down and pleny of vacancies. I haven't stayed at any of the places you have listed but it might be best to land on the island and have a look around, you will have a better chance on getting a better price face to face. Also based on what you have in mind for entertainment you may want to be at a certain area on the island. Also check out Balabog beach on the back side, you can walk over to White beach in just a few minutes and there are some nice places there as well. If you want to be on White Beach but not in the middle of everyone, go to Red Pirates, it's and the east end of the beach. Check with Joey, the owner and see what he has available. If he doesn't have anything I'm sure he'll point you in the right direction. If you want to stay close to D'Mall area, stop by Bom Bom's Bar and asked any of the guys there. Finding a place to stay isn't that hard, it's just that alot of them aren't on the internet.

by rtirona

thank you boracaybound! have you stayed at boracay plaza already? or does anyone have info on the place? we got a good deal for rooms there and i know the location to be nice since it's in station 1 beachfront. any feedback on this place?

by sirenna

It's at the southern end of White Beach - Angol. The guys there can point you in the direction of some decent budget accommodation without charging you commission.

by rtirona

Thanks sirenna! will try your suggestion. i want to find out though if you have any feedback on boracay plaza?

by sirenna

The location is pretty good, but I don't know enough about the hotel itself to comment on it.

Travel Tips for Boracay Island

beach with your bathing suit?

by mlt_t

my favorite thing is... the beach and everything I saw when I was there... very peaceful!

Don't forget your bathing suit. Bring the most comfortable clothes to wear as you’ll probably do a lot of sunbathing and swimming in the daytime. what else... the beautiful beach and the sorrounding, the water ... gosh, I wish I could come and visit this place again, again and again!

everything is more expensive in Boracay

by cruelsan

If you're taking Cebu Pacific going to Boracay, I suggest you buy one of their travel pouches that you can hang on your neck. It can carry your cash, card and cellphone. I assure you you'll find it very useful. This costs around P80 (US$ 2).

If you're not travelling via Cebu Pacific, you can also find similar pouches in D'mall but it's more expensive. Average price is P150 (US$4). Do not forget your toothbrush! A P35 (US$ 1) Oral-B toothbrush in Manila cost me P80 (US$ 2)! Do not forget your camera, of course. You can take a lot of beautiful pictures in the island! Buy your batteries in Manila as it can get expensive there. Good if you can bring a beach mat, otherwise, you can always use the huge towels from the resort! ;) Water is very expensive in Boracay. I suggest you contact Agua Vida (288-3754) to have water delivered to your doorstep. You can use the hotel's landline. What we usually do is rent their 5-gal container with faucet. You pay P500 (US$12.50) outright. It's P80 (US$2) per 5-gal water, P70 (US$1.75) for the rental of the container, then you get P350 (US$8.75) back when you return the container. It's cheaper that way.

Everything is more expensive in Boracay. If you're on a budget, bring staple food like bread and canned goods. A loaf of Gardenia bread costs around P80 (US$2) when it's just P40 (US$1) here in Manila.

Dragon Boat Rowing

by bike_packer

Dragonboat racing, being an Asian sport, is but natural to influence Boracay to have a rowing team ready for competition on international races around the region. Much more, the island hosts the annual Boracay International Dragon Run sometime in month of May or June.

Being at Boracay in the month of April, I have the opportunity to watch the rowing team doing their daily tune-up practice along White Beach. It is very admirable watching the team rowing in rhythm as their boat swiftly slicing through the water. The team is made up of locals and some expats, I observed. A dragonboat long enough to accomodate 24 rowers and a sturdy set of paddles and brawn power.

Crazy Monkeys at the Mt. Luho

by pres_16

I saw three monkeys at the Mt. Luho, watch out for them if you go there. On my first attempt to take pictures of those monkeys, two of them jumped to my body, one of them scratched my head....it scared me a lot, I couldn't move.

Accessorize the Boracay way

by gypsysoul73

There are trinkets everywhere, but there is this one shop that has only that. Overflowin with all sorts of necklaces, bracelets, anklets, and all other accessories. They're hanging from the ceiling and walls , scattered on tables, displayed inside cabinets.

Unfortunately I forget the name of the store, but I DID take a picture of it . So you'll be able to spot it easily along station 2.

Comments