P. O. Box 11, Kalibo Post Office, 5600, Philippines

my room in Niu ohanamy room in Niu ohana

Paraws of BoracayParaws of Boracay

July Paderes, Field CoordinatorJuly Paderes, Field Coordinator

That's Me, Enjoying My Reef WalkThat's Me, Enjoying My Reef Walk

To package or not to package

by pingunootnoot

I'm torn between booking for a boracay package trip (flight + hotel) or booking for a flight and finding a hotel once I get there.

I will be going 1st week of May so I know it's peak season. Now my question is, will I really be saving if I book for a package with our travel agent or am I better off just looking for a hotel once we get there?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

by boredoffboracay

You can save if you look around and you do NOT lock yourself in to a hotel...you can find your own...Packages in my opinion tend to be more expensive.

by pingunootnoot

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking the same thing so I have made a decision. booked our flights and we'll see what happens when we get there. I'm sure even if its 1st week of may, there'll still be some available places, right?

by microworker

you're planning to go there in May so expect almost every hotel to be fully booked. unless you want some adventure and don't care about the accommodation and amenities you might get when you get there, you can try your luck finding a hotel when you get there.

but i suggest a packaged trip. it's less savings but you'll not be leaving your hotel-finding to chance (and luck).

by boredoffboracay

advice is not correct.......go online, book a nice hotel, go online book your flights...you will save. Packages use hotels that lock you in many times as well..with the hotel or a breakfast that sucks but you paid for it..or overpriced airport tranfers...etc. etc.

by pingunootnoot

Thank you for all your advices. I have come to a decision that I will book my tickets and see how it goes when we reach there. Besides, it's just going to be me and my husband, no kids in tow, so it won't be as hard to find something.

Thanks again, everyone.

by CatBurglar

The station 2 area will be very crowded so you might have more luck finding a decent and affordable place if you look around station 3, Orchids Resort, Ocean Breeze Inn, Roys Rendezvous etc.

by Rosabel

Hi!, I have been to boracay twice with my husbond and 3 kids. I used to just book my flight. There will be touristguide-desk on the caticlan-airport and they can help you find a hotel (much cheaper). ASK for PINKY...

I`m planning a trip to boracay this coming june and I will be looking for Pinky.

Travel Tips for Boracay Island

Beach walk

by Dreks

Walking along the beach barefoot, or otherwise is always a fascinating thing to do. It makes you more relax and gives you more peace of mind and ---- a good exercise too without the thought of actually doing it. But if you do want to exercise consciously, try an early morning jog in the sand where you can play around with the soft sea waves and ends up plunging in the sea for a good swim.

sunset

by shohman

The sunsets here are among the most beautiful in the world. Much like Key West, all activity here comes to a halt while the sun goes down. The colors are beautiful and the mood will relax even the most stressed mind.

Banana Boaaaaaaaaaaaaattt!!!

by caramelski

A banana boat is a floatation device shaped like a banana, wherein 4-8 people can be acoomodated. A speedboat pulls the boat in the water and when you least expect it.. BOOM! you're down in the water... laughing your arse out because you look like stranded drowning people from Titanic.

P150 per person for 15 minutes. If you're a wuss... I mean, weak-hearted, you can always ask the boatman not the let you fall on the banana boat... but where is the fun in that... you feel like you're just riding a darn ferry. And don't worry, they provide you with lifevests so you will feel very secure.

Lone American Boy Playing with the Locals

by pres_16

Another amusing sight to me... I've seen this lone American boy playing football with the locals while others just sit behind watching and cheering them. This Amboy played with great enthusiasm that he looked like he was joining a championship game.

The next day I saw him playing again, joined by some Korean visitors.

Cute Trinkets

by namiewa about side walk shop

Lots of this small shop at the side walk where you can choose what you want and find cute trinkets. I cant barely stand on though all of the jewelry is pretty much cute. You'll find cute stuff for memento too and give it to your friends. As they sell cute and good one? i cant pick one to buy as when i get it? some trinkets will get my attention hahaha.. But i need to pick for my classmates. So so far i but bracelet and neckless for guy friend. lots of stuff to buy. just dun expect to buy a refrigerator at the side walk.. hahaha 500 pesos is enough to buy those jewelry.. i mean you can buy lots of it already.

Comments