The Panoly Resort Hotel

Hotelsclick.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 51% less but rated 41% lower than other 4.5 star hotels

• Best Hideaway in Boracay

We came through an RCI exchange program, stayed 6 days here and im truly in love with the place. Now we are moving to another RCI location in Boracay and i cant help comparing how different and great the Panoly hotel is. Of course, we expected the beach to be gorgeous, which it is, but what i love most are the people here really deserve some mentioning,Zarl & Donna, especiallly the ones at lobby & the restaurant. I really couldnt ask for better attention from another group of people, really friendly people at the resort.The hotel is ok, it has all the facilities and amenities of a good hotel, the room is pretty spacious. You will love this place if like me you appreciate big gardens and space. I told the manager they should make it a retreat place for yoga or wellness.

Unique Quality: very wide beach front. fresh air and friendly staff. 2 thumbs up!

• liza_towers's Profile Photo

Family affair tip

Hi!

I recommed The Panoly Resort if you want to spend quality time with your family Without the rush of all the tourists at your side. Also, if you are not into the wild, nightlife then this is a good choice.
    They have a wide range of activities to choose from. YOu have lots of watergames to choose from. You can go riding the banana boats,jet skis, parasailing, under the sea adventures like deep sea diving.
    The resort also have indoor games like basketball and a tennis court, swimming pool with a kiddie pool at the side plus a great view. They also have a children playground and a Butterfly minifarm.

I was there just recently and indeed I have experienced the island at its best.
    you can access their website for further information at :http://www.thepanoly.com/

Have a happy vacation!
    Cheers!
    Liza...

Unique Quality: Pool, indoor games, beautiful room view

Directions: A 5 minute boat ride or 15 minutes drive away from the major White beach area.

• liza_towers's Profile Photo

Panoly is simply Great!

My Boracay trip is about to end and I just don't want to leave yet. The best thing to remember around here is the water. It is possibly the clearest water I've ever seen. It has been such a long time since I've been anywhere near water that crystal clear and sand that fine and white. There were a lot of tourists around but I managed to enjoy the fresh breeze and the grandeur and simplicity of it all. Good thing Panoly is nestled in its own Island away from the hullabaloo of the main beach.
    I think I must have spent half my stay checking out the delish food(I've lost count of the pounds I gained). Panoly has its own Havana Cafe and Voodoo Bar which plays Caribbean music. I'd say the best shoeless dance I have performed of all time.
    The resort certainly exceeded my expectations - the fluffy pillows and heaven-sent bed sealed the deal. I'd say the place is perfect for lovers, romantic getaways and travelers who want to rejuvenate themselves.
    The Tao Spa is just the thing you deserve after all those distressing nights at work. I experienced the full body massage, steam bath and authentic Thai aromatherapy.

And because I got so inspired, I promised myself to be back again in December. The locals say it's the best time of the year to visit this heavenly place.

Unique Quality: I just can't get enough of The Panoly! It's a combination of diverse activities designed to make your stay a memorable one. I took an Island hopping tour with several locals and met new friends along the way, myriad sea sports activities are also available, I did scuba diving, rode a banana boat and ATVs, enjoyed a mountain top picnic at Mt. Luho and even horseback riding!

Directions: From the Kalibo Airport, air-conditioned vans and buses for hire are available to take you to the Caticlan Jetty Port , where boats are stationed to take you to Boracay Island. The bus trip takes around 90 minutes, and the boat ride, 30 minutes.

• DO NOT STAY HERE

We did some research and decided on where to stay, unfortunately our first choice was not available, and as a second choice this place was chosen.
    We checked in late due to delays in flights out of Manila that took us to Kalibo instead of Caticlan as booked and then had to take a bus ride and on arrival our banca only took us across to the main terminal before a small car took us to the hotel. The entrance to the hotel down a muddy, in places ungraded road was a disgrace. There were no signposts and it did require a number of questions to be assured that this was in fact a resort.
    As soon as we checked in, we dropped bags and set off for the beach front resort. We tried to order food however most choices were unavailable. We put this down to the lateness of the hour and took it as a good omen for fresh food each day. How wrong we were, the continuous food horrors continued with Breakfast each day. If you dont beat the crowds, you were faced with a lot of nothing.
    Day 2 started with the poor breakfast. we then decided with such a beautiful beach, we could sit there all day. Don't anticipate a lounger on the beach, or even a complimentary towel as these are in extremely short supply. A combination of 10 chairs and loungers under 5 umbrellas is the choice if any are available for i guess 300 guests to share!
    We took the option of walking up the beach a little way and sampling local food, which is much cheaper than the hotel and also better quality. Go up order yr food and time and then turn up and its prepared. Try the BBQ pork and chicken, with a cold cold San Miguel, it's great.
    Back at the hotel, the bar and waiting staff were unable to pour a beer that could be drunk without battling through 3 inches of foam, and were unable to make cocktails because they had no ice at 7 pm in the evening.
    We did talk to a number of staff members who explained that the hotel has money problems and if you complain the owners and management just respond "if you dont like my hotel, LEAVE"
    I will NEVER return to this place.

Unique Quality: ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WAS OUTSTANDING

• Juds's Profile Photo

A Secluded Resort

We stayed at the Panoly Resort for a week on April 29-May 6, 2007 via timeshare. Our unit was located in the newly constructed Hotel Bldg. Each room has cable tv, ref, and a balcony facing the ocean. Internet was available via wi-fi for I think P100-P200 per hour. The resort has its own Havana restaurant featuring various musical groups nightly. Being an upscale resort, food is relatively expensive. We had a comfortable accommodation at the resort and enjoyed its facilities. Only complaint is it's far from the main white beach and access to the concrete road going to D Mall is a long, uphill dirt road. The resort has a shuttle that can take you anywhere you wish for P450 per trip. That's way too expensive already adding to the food and accommodation expense, and I was paying for 3 pax. There used to be a free scheduled shuttle to Station 1and back but the resort stopped serving this for unexplained reasons. I guess they want to wring more money from guests who are left with very little choice. If you are after privacy and security and money is not an issue, I would recommend this resort. But as for me, it will take quite a long time before I stay there again.

Unique Quality: The resort has a number of facilities to keep guests occupied -- tennis court, swimming pool, billiards, beach volley ball and an activity center to attend to requests for water activies such as Banana boat ride, island hopping, etc.

Directions: Just before the being constructed Shangrila Hotel.

• digiter58's Profile Photo

Boracay's Brilliant Club Resort

this place was everything we dreamed it would be

You have a choice of a 3 storey hotel structure or hut type accomadation
    the service was impecable something that a few 5Star could learn from

The facilities and amenities were imacculately cleaned and maintained
    from the pool and spa to the many dining venues on offer

activities were plentiful and easily booked thru the front office
    with the exception of scubadiving which they stated that they offered{although booked off premises} everything else was on site from local tours to hiring snorkling equip

Unique Quality: the relaxed and friendly staff
    the amazing private beach which doubles as a dinner venue each night just amazing to sit with a nice cool breeze the smell of the ocean as the sun sets into the distance
    romance novels cant write this good :)

• shintarojon's Profile Photo

Expensive Beach Resort

Club Panoly Resort is set on Punta Bunga Beach and situated in the northern end of Boracay, 5 mins by boat from White Beach centre.

Standard room:
    125 US$ / night

Note: inclusive of 10% service charge and 10.5% VAT tax - per room (1-2 persons) per night

Unique Quality: Superior and Deluxe Rooms
    Connecting rooms are ideal for families with up to two children.

1. Air conditioned
    2. Some with verandah
    3. Coffee/tea making facilities
    4. Mini bar
    5. Cable TV (Deluxe rooms)
    6. Hot/cold showers

9. Billiards
    10. Darts
    11. Mahjong room
    12. Golf course (nearby)
    13. Horse riding (nearby)
    14. Island hopping (nearby)
    15. Beach Volleyball