Station 3, Philippines

Booking.com eDreams

• DAO's Profile Photo

HIT AND MISS

I got sold on this place due to a guide book talking about a ‘swim up pool in the back’. I thought it might be nice to lie around the pool, dip in when I got hot and get a nice cold beer from the bartender. I did take note that rooms were a ‘bit basic’. Then I saw their website. Wow! This place looked palatial on their site so I booked. I had to transfer 50% to their bank account beforehand – no problem.

So what did I get? 2 basic rooms (will explain in a minute) and a small pool with a swim-up bar. Except the bar was empty and not even a staff member around. In fact it took me 2 days to find out there was a small bar on the roof. Oh well.

The basic ‘Standard’ room is fine except the mattresses were horrendous and there was not even a bar of soap on offer. Luckily I had one in my case. The towels and sheets were never changed. Staff were friendly, but never left the desk at the front of the property. If you do ask them for things, they will take care of it at a leisurely pace, but friendly enough.

The plus points of this hotel would be 1) a fantastic location right on the beach and 2) it was quiet. They are on the very end of the long beach, so it’s a nice nature walk to everything. That is good because that is why the area is so quiet at night.

Other than that, not much to say. They did have wifi and there were places to hang you clothes outside of the rooms. I had a second, more expensive, room on the last night because they were fully booked. I couldn’t see a real difference.

No air-conditioning, but the rooms are shaded and did stay cool and had a big fan. No problem.

I never saw the promised ‘TV in every room’ in any of the rooms I saw and I stayed in 2 of them.

Would I stay here again? No. I need a reasonable mattress. Bringing your own soap and shampoo I could live with (or without it!), but you think they would mention this in their fantasy looking website. Then again it might make you think the pictures are too good to be true.

Unique Quality:
    Hotel Overview:

• Prices:
    They have 3 sets of prices depending on seasons. They are from lowest to highest price:
    - Low season: May 01 - Oct 31
    - High season: Nov 01 - Apr 30
    - Peak Season: Dec 23 - Jan 04, Jan 19-26, April 01-08

• Best things:
    - Located right on the least built-up part of the beach and quiet
    - Has its own pool and rooms are cool
    - Breakfast served until noon
    - Bar is on a balcony overlooking the scenic beach
    - Free Wi-Fi
    - All rooms are en-suite

• Rooms:
    * Standard:
    For 2 people, no-air-conditioning, TV (didn’t see), fridge (didn’t see), non- beach facing
    * Standard Plus:
    Same as above, but massive balcony facing the beach
    * Semi-Deluxe
    Same as above with air-conditioning and a communal beach facing balcony * Deluxe
    Same as above for 3 people with a kitchenette and private balcony
    * Family Room ‘A’
    As above for 5 people.
    * Family Room ‘B’
    As above for 4 people over 2 levels

Directions: Located at Boat Station 3 at the southern (quieter) end of White Beach.

• kiminyut's Profile Photo

...More Photos...

Just want to provide additional photos. Perfect for families, mostly for those who enjoy lounging by the beach and playing on the sand. In a quiet location.

Directions: near Angol Point, Blue Mango, 3-5-7, Surfside

• kiminyut's Profile Photo

A home in Boracay!

April 2008, 5d/4n

An 18-room boutique hotel, beachfront location, with swimming pool. Has rooms with cooking facilities. High season rates: P1700-P4500, Low season rates: P1400-P3600

We were booked at a Deluxe Room - airconditioned, 2 queen-sized beds (1 downstairs and 1 at the loft), private T&B with hot and cold shower, cable TV, refrigirator, kitchenette with cooking facilities and a private balcony near the loft. Furniture/fixture were not first class nor in perfect condition but good enough. Accommodation was very comfortable and feels spacious because of the windows and high ceiling. Filipinos would be pleased with the "timba and tabo" (pail and dipper) in the toilet! Rooms were located within a compound, thus, a feeling of security.

It has a very nice beachfront with native-style sunbeds. The area was quiet and kept clean, plus not much vendors, perfect for those with kids who enjoy playing in the sand. You wouldn't worry about losing your kids (or your things) amidst throngs of people like the case in other crowded areas. Downside was that the water in that area of the beach was not as shallow and flat as that in station 1 and the sand not as powdery. Location is quite far for those who enjoy shopping and the night-life, but you can just walk a little near Queens/Swiss Inn where you can get a tricycle for 40 pesos to D'Mall (P50.00 to station 1).

The pool is a nice back-up in case you dont feel like swimming in the beach, it is cleaned everyday. Pool however is inside the compound, better if near the front so there's view of the beach while swimming.

Resort staff are accommodating and service is personalized. Room cleaning is done daily and if you need anything (other utensils), you just have to request and it will be provided. It rained really hard one night and the staff/manager went from room to room to check for any problems, as a couple of rooms leaked from overflow of water from the balcony (fortunately ours didnt). You would really feel cared for.

We really had a nice stay and would consider staying in this resort again in the future.

Unique Quality: (1) Beachfront is perfect - no walkway dividing the resort from the beach, not much vendors, with native beachbeds. (2) Hotel/Inn with cooking facilities. (3) Has swimming pool

Directions: Via Angol Road, get off at Alyssa's Resort (Treehouse) then walk to the right. Resort is between Blue Coral and Angol Point Resort. Not to be confused with Casa Camilla which you will pass by before reaching Villa Camilla.

• sirenna's Profile Photo

Value For Money

Villa Camilla is a reasonably priced beachfront hotel in a quiet location (south of boat station 3). If you want to stay away from the crowds while still having easy access to restaurants and nightlife, this may be the place for you.
    The beachfront area is peaceful and the hotel also has a small pool with swim up bar. Pedicabs are available nearby for transport along the beach.

Directions: South of Boat Station 3.

• campsong's Profile Photo

Budget Quiet Expat part of White Beach

A no frills hotel. Clean and basic with hot water and fan in room. Nice veranda in the room I stayed in. Better than average restaurants in the area due to the expat and extended tourist trade.

Unique Quality: A nice small swimming pool with a swim up bar that I had to myself for two days in a row. And some of the nicest people working the desk that I encountered in Boracay. Also the immigration office is right next to the reception desk if you need to extend your stay. Not to be confused with Casa Camilla!

Directions: A little far away from the action of station 1 and 2. And a few isolated spots on the trek back at night. But can always take a pedi-cab for a few pesos.

More about Boracay Island

goodgood

sunset here will make you happy, just look!sunset here will make you happy, just look!

Frisbee Players On the BeachFrisbee Players On the Beach

Manana Outdoor Dining At SunsetManana Outdoor Dining At Sunset

asya boracay or le soleil

by pialmg

my family and i will be going to Boracay for the first time. I'm still undecided between Asya Boracay, which is between Station 2-3 and non beachfront and Le Soleil, beachfront in Station 2. Personally m more inclined to try out Asya because of the reviews I've read, my only concern really is how far it is from the beach front? How long do we have to walk or is it necessary to take the shuttle or tricycle. My mom has a knee problem and as much as possible i want everything easy and relaxing for her. But we also want to enjoy the party atmosphere of boracay. And i think if we're in the beachfront, we'll get to see more of that....bars, malls, attractions.
i hope someone can shed some light on my dilemma. tnx.

by edwinic

Asya Boracay is approx 50-60 meters from beach and that will be less than a minute in a leisurely walk.

personally, wherever i am in boracay, i feel close to anywhere i wish to be. boracay is compact and you'll never be far from anywhere, be it from Asya or LeSoleil

btw, when will you be there?

by pialmg

thank you for replying. We plan to be there maybe the 3rd week of September. I just want to give my mom, my hubby and my kids a wonderful. I want to try out Asya for its comfort, nice-looking place and supposedly great service. If it were in the beachfront i wouldn't have to think twice....but from what i read and seen (checked out the map)it would be quite a walk. not for me and my hubby, but my youngest and my mom.

anyway, have you seen both resorts? Le Soleil has new rooms where we can be booked so i guess reviews 1-2 years ago shouldn't have that much bearing. thank you again and i if there are still others who would want to share what they know or give an opinion, please,please, i would really appreciate it. tnx

by sirenna

Asya is very close to the beach- just a few meters.

It would be my choice due to the good food and service. I'm not keen on Le Soleil as it is in the crowded area and has a noisy disco in the front.

by boredoffboracay

le soleil is noisy area at night, ASYA is not a few meters..its a 3 minute walk...but if it were my choice, i would go with ASYA..that road does get flooded though sometimes...

by sirenna

I just walked it - less than one minute! the back part of the road gets flooded, close to the main road. The front part near Asya is normally fine.

Travel Tips for Boracay Island

Caticlan Airport

by limledi

While waiting at Caticlan Airport for our flight back to Cebu, we standby their souvenir shops where we had some refreshments. We also bought some shirts that have Boracay prints for our love ones back home as pasalubongs. You will not get fidgetty waiting for your flight coz there are so many knick knacks to see. Some food specialties are also available. Fine, white sand beaches. Clear and pristine waters. Fabulous Nightlife.

Religion

by shohman

The Philippines is the only Asian country that is predominately Christian. The numbers are staggering, something like 90% are Christians and of those, 95% are Catholic. Many are DEEPLY religious, although the younger generations didn't strike me as being as judgmental as some of the older folk (who on more than one occasion, warned me of the dangers of burning in Hell forever)
As a result, you will often stumble upon religious images in unlikely places, like caves, or on a rock formation on the beach. The Virgin Mary seems especially popular.

Capture that rainy moment

by cHeLLe28

Be sure to bring a water proof camera. Doesn't necessarily need to be expensive. Magic moments would be a waste if you can't use it due to rain. Another alternative would be to use plastic cases in cellphone if your using one.

Secluded Beaches in Boracay 1

by jgbrillantes

Swimming on the Beach Front was very irritating for me. I had to be careful not to bump to other swimmers and not to be run over by a boat! I certainly want a secluded beach!
A subordinate of my father, who is currently assigned in Boracay, brought us to Brgy. Manoc-Manoc. To get there, we hired a tricycle. It cost us PHP60.00 one way. We hiked past the AFP R&R center for about 15 minutes. We followed a path to three secluded beaches.

The first beach is covered with Puka Shells . . .

Little lamp lanterns

by sweet_sentiments about palengke or anywhere in the white beach area

you can easily spot those shops selling these lamp lantern items... lamp lanterns!

can be used as christmas lanterns or just to add drama to your porch... small ones are priced as 3 for Php50
large ones are 3 for Php100