Kalibo Hotels

Our Members Say

• cruelsan profile photo cruelsan
  • Reviews: 9

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Tan's Guesthouse: Kalibo Apartment for Rent

may i suggest: http://www.tghboracay.com/KALIBO_ROOM_RENTALS.php

the owner i think is the same owner of the guest house that i've been staying at in boracay...well, it's advertised in their website and i believe the price is good especially if you're travelling with a big group :)

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel, Backpacking
  • Written June 10, 2011

• chieann profile photo chieann

day trip: Nadal Castle, Numancia Aklan

The TV ad of Nadal Castle was so enticing that we decided to make a day trip to Numancia. We were so excited at the prospect of having a great photo session with our daughter. However, we were in for a great disappointment. The place was not as big as depicted in the TV ad. Also, the entrance fee, which was stated as consumable, is misleading. We were not informed that there is a separate menu where you can apply the "consumable" entrance fee". What was more aggravating was that you can not combine or use the entrance fee together with the fees of my friends, so you really need to shell out money. The worst part is that the food and the servings was not great. A simple trip just to scout the place ended up as a nightmare. This makes Sampaguita's level when it comes to accommodation and management on a higher level.

Great place to take pictures. The images posted online are very different from the one's you will see when you get there. Very disappointing.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Family Travel, Spa and Resort
  • Written May 24, 2011

• yenpa profile photo yenpa

HOTEL AND RESTAURANT: Nadal castle in NUMANCIA AKLAN

MY STAY there was great i had a peaceful stay.. nadal castle is like a five star hotel in boracay having 25 high end room 1 Royal Highness Suite, 4 Executive Suites, 2 Executive Family Rooms, 6 Superior Rooms, and 4 Deluxe Rooms, Lobby, Linen Room. with two swimming falls majestic views at the back i stayed in a deluxe room and their service was great nice stay there....just 15 minutes from kalibo and 1 hr to boracay....its just one of newly finished majestic yet cheap hotels in the province......highly recommended....if you want to see some pictures of the castle just visit nadalcastle.weebly.com...

it's like a five star hotel having the royal highness room for just 10 000 compared to he the luxury rooms in boracay costing about 100, 000 pesos the castle also have cafe Shop/Restaurant, Training Hall, Abbey, Lobby/Reception, Male/Female Comfort Rooms, Business Center, Gift Shop, Front Office, Accounting Office, Kitchen, Spacious Parking Lots, Guard House, New Water Park, Water Falls, Jacuzzi, Adult/Kid's Pools, Shower Rooms, Kid's Royalty Playground and Meditation Chapel..

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Family Travel, Spa and Resort, Beaches
  • Written March 29, 2010
Tip Photo

• Bensuzuki profile photo Bensuzuki

Agzam Resort and Spa: Think about the reasonable price

I stayed there during Ati-Atihan Festival and paid 7,500 peso only for one night. I chose this hotel on the basis of the comment of this column. But it was unacceptable price. The atmosphere is not so bad, but the room is very old. If the price is 1,50‚O peso for a night, it is reasonable. It is not a five-star class resort at all, but just economy type resort. Please don't stay if the price is more than 1,500 peso.

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Related to: Arts and Culture, Spa and Resort, Family Travel
  • Written January 19, 2010

• FionaPhil profile photo FionaPhil
  • Reviews: 3

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Bakhawan Eco-Tourist Center: Low cost accomodation

We stayed in the Bakhawan Eco-Tourism Center for 3 days. The room was modest w/ air conditioner, cable tv, private toilet but there is no hot water. There is a hall where you can have your meal, but there is no set menu, so you have to tell the staff what you want to eat in advance (one day before) so they can purchase the ingredients and cook the meal.

The place is walking distance to a mangrove forest preservation, and you can go there via a 820 meter bamboo footbridge. At the end of the footbridge, you can watch migratory birds, but it's better if you have binoculars.

If you're looking for peace & quite at a modest price, then this is the place for you.

It's quiet & far from the city proper.
The staff are polite & friendly, and even show concern for guests who go out at late hours of the night, because getting transportation going back to the inn at night is difficult & the road to the place has no street lights.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Related to: Budget Travel, Eco-Tourism, Backpacking
  • Written December 19, 2008

• backpack08 profile photo backpack08

Agzam Resort and Spa: Kalibo Spa experience

I was looking for a place to stay in Kalibo when I heard about Agzam Resort and Spa.I decided to try it out.The trip was 10-15 mins away from the city proper and I was a little bit concerned how the place looks like since all that I see around are trees. I was so surprised when I got there. I never expected that a place like this existed amidst the vast rice field. The people there gave me a very warm welcome. As I finished filling up my registration card, I was given a two toned welcome drink.The place was packed with foreigners and there was only one room left for me. When I went inside my room, I was again surprised by the size of it. 7-9 people can fit in. I hurried and changed my clothes and went to the poolside to have dip in their jr olympic sized-heated swimming pool. I gave their spa a try. The massage area was like being in Bali or one of the spas in Thailand. They had nipa huts covered with white curtains. And as you lay there, you will hear birds chirpping and see them picking up dried grass with their beaks to make their nests. The landscape was also amazingly beautiful.During my stay, they were putting up an all organic coffee shop. I would definitely recommend this place to my friends. If you're a type of person who wants to appreciate nature and have retreat from the busy life that we have, this definitely is the place to go. I would definitely go back to Agzam.

The swimming pool has warm water all day long. Spacious airconditioned rooms.All rooms has their own hot and cold shower, television with cable.The spas' massage area (poolside) and the landscape were amizingly beautiful. The people were very accomodating. You would really appreciate nature in this place.

• Related to: Family Travel, Spa and Resort, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written April 19, 2008

• jasee profile photo jasee
  • Reviews: 5

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Beachcomber Inn-Kalibo: A Hotel With All The Comfort Of Home! :-)

Beachcomber Inn-Kalibo is a very nice place to stay. It's like a home away from home!

They have a spacious living room where you can enjoy a cup of coffee and read their daily newspaper. You can even order breakfast which they prepare right in their kitchen. If you don't feel like going out to eat, the hotel provides some menu from some restaurants in the area where you can order and they will deliver it for free. They also have a dining room/meeting room area with a Television/VCR. They have cold drinks(bottled water, juices, soft drinks) that you can buy inside the hotel.

The room where we stayed were very comfortable and clean. It's air conditioned and have a cable tv and phone. The bathroom is made of marble with a pretty good size shower with hot water. The beds(we have a queen size and a single) are very cozy and comfy. They also have tables and chairs and a vanity dresser in the room. All in all, it's a very nice room! =)

As for the location, it's more in a residential area but still walking distance to shops, stores, etc.(trikes are available close to the hotel-at all times). The good thing about the location.... the road not being congested and noisy, and you can have a good night sleep!

The Hotel is like a big house(3 storey) with at least 20 rooms and it's like you have'nt left home 'cause their staff are like family, they'll do the best they can to accommodate your needs.

Their rates are pretty affordable too,...from $20( US dollars) and up.....per room!

They have a security guard at night which makes you feel safe--in & out!
There's always a hotel staff that's available 24 hours.
You can always request a wake up call at any time.

• Related to: Family Travel, Business Travel, Singles
  • Written August 25, 2007

• 310ValleyGirl profile photo 310ValleyGirl
  • Reviews: 9

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Villa Atong Atang: MOLD!!

Get me an ENT, I think I'm going to die of mold. I have worse words to say about this place. But, to be polite, it was disgusting. I nearly puked twice within the twenty minutes that I was in the room. The turned on the A/C thinking it would make me feel better, which it didn't. The smell was so bad, it was in the sheets. Keep the bathroom door closed because it was even worse open. I could not wait to get out of that place. It wasn't soon enough.

MOLD

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Written February 6, 2007

• sirenna profile photo sirenna
  • Reviews: 261

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Garcia Legaspi Mansion: Good Accomodation in Kalibo

I always stay at Garcia Legaspi when I'm in Kalibo, having checked out most of the competition. The place is situated on the third floor of a building on Roxas Ave opposite the Mercury Pharmacy, which is a good central location.
The rooms vary - there are large aircon rooms and smaller, cheaper ones with just a fan. I usually have a spacious room with TV, hot shower, aircon and comfy armchairs for around P900 per night.
The only downside is the restaurant / coffee shop - they usually don't have much food in stock. Last time I asked, all they had was chicken or instant noodles! It's not a problem though - we just get take-out or eat at the Lechon Manok place around the corner.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Road Trip