Bauan Hotels

Our Members Say

• byaherangpinay profile photo byaherangpinay
  • Reviews: 2

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Dive & Trek Resort: Best Kept Marine Sanctuary In Bauan, Batangas

AMENITIES

Regular cabanas for day trippers – this is a common area hence travelling with buddies is best.
They have a hammock if you like to nap. That’s what I did from 2pm to 4pm.

Overnight Accommodation is also available fees varies. They change from time to time so it is best to get in touch with any DM (Dive Master) if you happen to know one so that they can haggle for a better price. Call (02) 851-8746 if you just like to relax for a few hours away from hustle & bustle of the city.
*this is not a coastal area hence don’t expect to walk barefoot along the sea coast expecting fine sand. Most of it are rough corals and sea stones. It can hurt your feet. Highly recommended to use aqua shoes.

Common CR – This part am quiet disappointed. It looks like a public restroom rather than an exclusive place. Fees are not cheap so am expecting a nicer bathroom to dump, urinate and damn hell take a bath after plunging on the nice salty waters.

Restaurant – I paid Php 3,500 food is not included. You are not allowed to bring in food so I was informed but I did brought my own munchies. Lunch is buffet at Php 500. Drinks included. Food is acceptable.

Service – People are nice and accommodating. Dogs included. Cookie is nice enough puppy. That big dog is actually a puppy.

Camping – pitch a tent if you like. For a fee you can bring in your own accommodation.

RATINGS

TRAINING –inclusive with the fee, training at the pool was good as you will be briefed about interaction with the marine life and how to correctly avoid killing the corals hahaha. Usual briefing is 30 minutes and an hour skin diving training at their pool. If you are lucky manmade falls will tickle your imagination.

For marine sanctuary – thumbs up!

For instructor – Nice!

Amenities – Will do!

Price – Just stick to one published rate to avoid confusion!

Overall rating – near Manila so you can enjoy day trip outings. Take Lemery-Tagaytay road you will be at the Lemery - Balite parking area in two hours or so.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Eco-Tourism, Theme Park Trips, Diving and Snorkeling
  • Written April 18, 2014
Tip Photo

Warning!

• boranzohn profile photo boranzohn
  • Reviews: 1

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Batong Buhangin Resort: Nice Beach, So-so Service

Me and my friends went for a day trip in this resort. We chose this resort because it looked good in the website. But we had several problems, mainly in getting there. There are two ways of going to the resort: by land and by boat. While the owner had warned us that going to the resort by land is hard, she didn't advise us that it is dangerous. Initially we wanted to avoid getting there by boat because it will be additional cost for us. But then a few days before our trip, the owner told us that it is really not advisable to go there by land, especially for first timers, because it is dangerous. We had no choice but to opt for the boat ride. The boat ride itself wasn't bad, but I wish the owner had been clear about the dangers of getting there by land. Also, since this is a resort, they should probably consider including a boat ride to the package since their customers wouldn't be encouraged to come there if it is difficult to access.
The service was not so great as well. When we got there, the staff was apparently waiting for another group. I don't think they were even aware that we were coming. This is because on our way to the pier (where will ride the boat), the owner's phone was off. That was the only number we have of the owner and it is off. We had to ask around and we got in contact with the owner's husband, who arranged for our boat ride to the resort. So when we got to the resort, the staff was clueless who we are. Thankfully they checked our reservation and led us to our cottage. It was just by the beach front, so it was nice.
You can bring your own food, at a corkage fee of 100 pesos per head. Kinda steep but what we didn't expect is other prices in their restaurant is steep as well. Ice costs 20 pesos (the size of your usual ice tubig) and a sachet of dishwashing liquid is 25 pesos! So it's better to be prepared than buy stuff there.
For an entrance fee of 300 pesos, you can have access to the beach, entrance to swimming pool, and use of bbq area and dishwashing area. The beach is clean and very nice. No jellyfish or any suspicious floating objects. The swimming pool is just ok. It's just strange that their bathrooms have defective lights. Even if we went there by day, it's still dark inside.
I wouldn't recommend the resort itself because the service is unsatisfying. I do recommend the beach, and I'm pretty sure there are more resorts there that have the same beach.

The beach is great. Very clean and nice. The view is also great, especially if you opted for the boat ride. It kinda reminded me of Palawan because there were rock formations.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average