Ester A. Lim Drive, Alona Beach, Barangay Tawala Pangalao, Philippines

Booking.com Asiatravel.com Agoda.com

Costs 34% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• heydelin's Profile Photo

Panglao's Best

It was really a luxurious stay in Amorita. The staff are really helpful, the rooms are clean, the resort is not too crowded. I really loved staying here and will surely go back!

Unique Quality: Quite, beautiful view of Alona beach, NICE food, VERY GOOD singers! :)

• stamporama's Profile Photo

Finest resort this side of the island

As usual, I turned to VT and Tripadvisor reviews to know which hotel had the most favorable feedback and Amorita had the best one, so that's where we went. Sure it's pricey but their place and services were superb and really worth it. The resort was clean and well-maintained, the staff were very courteous, the buffet breakfast delectable.

The downside: the location is quite isolated (which can be a plus) that to go anywhere you need to have private transportation. Jeepneys and buses rarely pass through the area, so tricycles are the only option. Outside of breakfast, the items in the menu are expensive so here's a tip: for lunch or dinner, go out to the beach and after about 100 meters you'll come across the resto of Alona Palm Beach Resort. Their prices are far more affordable and are surprisingly delicious.

Unique Quality: Though the resort is by the beach, it is nestled on top of a rocky outcrop about 3 stories high so you get a sea view that's slightly elevated. There's a stairway that goes down to the beach.

Directions: Just tell your driver the name of this hotel and he'll know how to get there.

More about Amorita Resort

by TripAdvisor Member teamactive

We have just returned from a weekend at Amorita Beach Resort at Panglao Island, Bohol. The location was great. It was perched on top of a cliff with its own stairway to the famous Alona Beach, where all other resorts, dive centers, restaurants are side by side. The sands of Panglao is near that of Boracay in terms of it being white but not powdery. It was full of small fragments of corals and shells. The water when we arrived had a lot of seagrass floating due to the rains the night before. It is not as clear as Boracay. We stayed at an Ocean View Villa which had a superb view of the sea and the main highlight of the villa was that it had its own plunge pool overlooking the sea. This gave us our private R&R without worrying about others. The king-sized bed and LCD TV was a plus and experiencing an outdoor shower and toilet was a first. It was awkward at first but was a delight afterwards. I would have rated this resort with an excellent mark, if not for 2 things which was so important for me. They promised that our room will be available by 12noon but it was given to us a full hour and a half after. If not for the continuous prodding we gave and the impatient look in our faces, we could have gotten it even at a much later time, as the staff was slow in tending to our needs. Another thing is that their food is not good. We had to go to other resorts for our meals, not minding the extra walk. We had no choice but to take the free breakfast that came with the package and we were totally disappointed, as expected. They have to change their chef, if not their resto will be a total ghost town. Over-all, the resort was lovely, well laid-out and private. We were lucky that we still enjoyed a good rate since they just opened a few months ago. The staff said when they fully launch the resort by next year, their rates will surely sky rocket, rivalling rates of other high-end resorts.

Lovely Resort on a Cliff

by anski0822 about Amorita Resort

My husband and I truly enjoyed our 3D/2N getaway at Amorita. We spent most of the time at the resort. If ever we were to go back to Bohol, we will definitely stay here again (only if they don't dramatically increase their rates). ;)

The garden villa we stayed at had a small refrigerator with 2 complimentary bottled water, TV with cable, safety deposit box (which I did not get to work), aircon, a small lounge pool, and a hot water kettle and assorted teas and 2-in-1 coffee mix (which was truly a plus for me because I'm a tea addict).

Their breakfast buffet offered many choices. They had a variety of cereals, fruits, bread spreads for their breads, plus the main dishes like tuyo in olive oil, danggit, corned beef, scrambled egg, tapa, etc. If you are a vegetarian, you will be limited to the fruits and cereals. There were no veggies in their buffet. Their fruit juices (mango and orange) are from the can. I wish that they had made their fruit juices fresh.

The prices of their meals are not very expensive. Average price for the main dish would be about P200. The food was okay, nothing really extra special. A must-try though is their PEANUT KISSES SANSRIVAL which my husband truly enjoyed.

The water coming out of their faucet/shower was fresh water. They had hot and cold water. Taking a shower in the outdoor bathroom was uneasy at first. We are just not used to taking showers (naked...hehehe...) in an open-type bathroom. You just have that feeling that somebody might be watching you.

To go to the beach, you just have to walk a couple of steps down the cliff. They have a security guard who opens the gate.

Amorita

by limledi

Amorita has good rooms with TV in a big, two-storey building, plus roomy stone cottages, so-called cabanas with two bedrooms, living room, dining room, kitchen and TV. Restaurant, big swimming pool, diving. This peaceful place is spread out over a flat cliff top at the eastern end of the beach. SR/DR/ac/bath P2000 to P5400. Formerly Crystal Coast Resort. Situated over a flat cliff top at the eastern end of the beach.

Amorita made our trip to Bohol even more memorable!

by TripAdvisor Member neuillyenne

Amorita Resort was actually recommended to us by Alona Palm Resort (we needed two villas and they only had one left). After reading several reviews from this site, I decided to trust my instinct and booked 3 nights. I’m glad I did! The reservation staff in Ortigas was great, Hylyn who dealt with our reservation was very efficient. Not like the other hotels in Bohol where you don't here anything from them for days! The resort staff was wonderful, they couldn’t be more accommodating. They seemed so genuinely happy to welcome and serve us! Filipino hospitality at its best. We used to go to a lot of resort hotels in the past until we discovered home exchange and one thing I never liked about upmarket resort hotels is when you get these oh so snooty people next to you. We live in Paris, so we try to get away from that attitude when we go on holiday. Though I don’t know what the resort would be like on a busy period, this resort was perfect for us, it’s exclusive but it’s also relaxed and the Alona beach, where all the various more affordable and fun restaurants are, is just a few steps away. The standard of food and beverage was very good too. Ooh that yummy turon and halo-halo! The Filipino breakfast was delicious too, I’ve never eaten so much danggit! We were two families and the deluxe accommodation was perfect. One for each family. The decor is tasteful and elegant. My kids had so much fun snorkelling at the nearby beach and we also enjoyed the tour package we signed up for. Congratulations to the managers Rhea and Nikki, we are definitely coming back on our next trip to the Philippines in 18 months. We look forward to trying the Spa and we can't wait to gaze at the lovely view from the infinity pool again. Merci et à bientôt!

enjoyed the stay!

by TripAdvisor Member baroom

I actually found out about Amorita from the earlier reviews here. Since I already had a trip scheduled to Bohol and was on the lookout for accommodations (with fresh bath water in particular), I decided to give it a try. Luckily the resort was still offering promo rates then. Anyway, as much as I wanted to get a villa, I decided not to. My in-laws were with us so I opted to get 2 deluxe rooms. We stayed in Amorita while both landscaping and dive shop were still under construction.

The amenities included welcome drinks and cold towel upon arrival, disposable slippers, bath toiletries, bottled water, coffee and tea, safety vault, mini-ref, cable tv, hot and cold shower, buffet breakfast and seaport/airport-resort transfer.

The deluxe rooms were big and tastefully decorated. There were 2 queen-sized beds and only 3 of us in our room, my 4yo son had fun having a huge bed all to himself. Everything was big, including the bathroom. Only frosted glass separated the shower area from the rest of the bathroom. A huge mirror covering almost one wall added to the illusion of space.

Buffet breakfast was served at the restaurant right beside the infinity pool. I loved the rich hot chocolate drink, not healthy but really yummy, hehe. We ate most of our meals at the other restaurants lining Alona beach but were able to try Amorita's limited lunch menu once. We had Gambas Ajillo (so spicy), Shrimp Sinigang, Chicken Veronique and Beef Salpicao. I remember they tasted good, but took a bit of time to reach our table, or maybe we were just so hungry it felt like a long wait?

The staff were courteous and accommodating. On our last day, I needed to charge my camera battery but found out I didn't have the power adapter with me. I asked the staff if they had one and if I could borrow it. They were able to find one but if I remember correctly I couldn't use it inside the room because the electric outlets were different so I ended up asking them to charge my battery by the front desk.

Given a chance, I would love to go back and maybe try the oceanview villa, but I notice they're now charging USD314/night, ouch!

inifinity and beyond

by TripAdvisor Member mrbk

october 27, 2007.

it's our third and last night in bohol and we are loving every minute of it, especially our stay here in amorita.

the rooms are wonderful! we chose the oceanview villa and WOW, waking up with such view is one of the best things. i am a bathroom girl so the bathroom is the first thing i scrutinize. to my satisfaction, it's extremely spotless! complete toiletries. clean bathrobes. fresh-smelling towels. the king-size bed's duvet is immaculate! and our room comes with an LCD TV! i also noticed they have an umbrella and flashlight inside the closet for small emergencies. i mean, you don't usually see these in hotels or resorts. very girl-scout and i like that! my husband and i loooove their furniture. it's good to know that all the furnishings used in the resort are locally-made (according to the owner). the only minute bother we had during our stay was our broken room lock, which they immediately fixed. anyway, the place seemed very secure.

the staff everywhere are more than polite, very friendly. always smiling. always greets, says thank you, welcome or sorry (whenever needed). even the resort owners are warm and pleasant.

breakfast is buffet (and not plated) so you have more choices: tocino, daing na bangus, corned beef, eggs, cereals, congee, bread, fresh fruits, kakanin, fresh juices, hot cocoa (my favorite), etc. the food in the menu is not so pricey...another plus factor: you are given a basket of bread and balsamic, olive oil & parmesan cheese dip for free as appetizer, while waiting for your ordered food. sorta like italianni's.

the infinity pool also tops our list of reasons for choosing amorita again for our next bohol getaway. situated by the cliff, the infinity pool gives a spectacular view of the sea.

and my ten-year old son's favorite? the resort is wi-fi covered!

the beach is about a few steps down from the resort, very accessible to many places. don't forget to try the massage! we were also told that the mandala spa would be part of the resort by next year. sigh!

we discovered that amorita is also very child and baby-friendly. we wished we had brought our one-year old son.

it's sad that we will not be able to try their diving activities as their diving shop has yet to open. they are almost done constructing the first diving pool in bohol, used for training non-divers like myself before they go deep in the real thing. even ten-year olds can learn how to dive! now, that's another reason for returning here....

our family likes to hotel and resort hop, and amorita is one of the best resorts we have ever tried. not bad for a place that's still on dry-run! we will surely go back here, next time with our whole family!

Loved.. loved..loved it!

by TripAdvisor Member orangetripper

This has been my benchmark beach resort. I went there with my whole family (20 pax) for our annual family reunion and I was surprised how good their service was despite our big number. The resort was being expanded when we came there (an in-house spa and a pool are still being constructed) but we all enjoyed the place! We stayed at their ocean villas (which is a spectacular accommodation esp. for honeymooners). I just loved our villa! The food is terrific! I am actually surprised that the other reviews said its not, but based on my experience its actually really good. All the resort attendants were very warm. I commend the service of their in-house manager, Rocky, who made sure all our needs were met. Their transport service is great. We were greeted by their warm staff in the airport and we were taken to our villas via golf car! We didn't even need to move a muscle - considering we were 20!. The resort is very exclusive and their staff are able to look after guests more since its a small resort. Just ask whatever you need and they'll come knocking in a flash..

The best thing I loved about Amorita is their infinity pool, set up on the cliff overlooking the wonderful panglao beach. I'd suggest they put up some reclined chairs at the beach for their guests. (We had to use another resort's chairs to sun bathe!) But who needs the beach? - I just fell in love with their infinity pool and the view!

I have repeatedly recommended this resort to friends and they all say the same thing.. amorita rocks! Check out ther website www.amorita.com and see for yourself.

Will Be Back

by TripAdvisor Member n61870

We stayed in one of the ocean view villas for 3 nights. The villa was nothing short of spectacular. The staff was friendly and courteous. The restaurant was good except for the gale force winds blowing the whole time we were there. Actually the only complaint I had was we sent some clothes to be laundered and they came up missing. Nobody could tell us where they were and we were supposed to catch a flight at 8AM the next morning. However, they did come through at the last minute the evening prior to our departure. So, I guess I shouldnt really call it a complaint. Other than that, we had a great stay. I wrote a more detailed review in the forum titled "my bohol experience". Oh and the outside bathroom was cool too.

AmoritaAmorita

AmoritaAmorita

Feedback on Amorita Resort and alona tropical

by Mistiqshannen

Does anyone been to amorita resort? can you help give some feedback?
regarding the room, pool and services. does the cost of the accommodation worth it? how about the alona tropical. thanks

Comments