Bohol Tropics Resort

gacortes's Profile Photo

Tagbilaran's finest

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 5, 2011

Bohol tropics is the resort where you get the best value for your money. Although Bohol tropics isn't a beach front resort, the place is very accessible because it's situated along tagbilaran and near the sea port. The resort has 3 large pools, one warm water pool which is located in front of the pool side room. At night, a band performs in their bar wherein you can have a few drinks. Rates are relatively cheap and the accommodation is great. Although the rooms are very basic, the resort provides great facilities and service. I really enjoyed the night life in Bohol Tropics.

Staying at Bohol Tropics

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 11, 2010

It was a birthday gift from my husband... i was treated for a trip to Bohol last July 2, 2010. I was looking for a good hotel in the internet and was mesmerized by the pictures that Bohol Tropics posted. When we arrived, i was not disappointed because the whole resort/hotel is really beautiful especially the pool area. My husband and I smiled as we approached the front desk... I don't like to mention name but the girl is really not front desk material. I don't remember hearing her greet us at least good afternoon. Or a little smile thank you for choosing us. Lucky for us, the other front desk person (guy or gay...hehehe) is really friendly.
I would like to commend the waiters at Cafe Atanacio. Super accommodating.
I would still recommend this resort but this one front desk person will ruin anybody's day.

Unique Quality: Pool is great. I love swimming.

kenjhub's Profile Photo

Good Resort - Poor Restaurant

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 8, 2009

Where to begin? The resort itself is very nice. The rooms are modern, clean and well maintained. The pools were really the showcase of the resort as they are beautiful. I did find however that the service was lacking. While at the pool no one came to see if we would like a beverage and there were no towels for the pool, we were told to use the towels from our room. The staff in the restaurant was likewise not very service oriented. During one meal there were about 5 guests dining but every other table was left with dirty dishes. During a breakfast I was brought a cup of syrup for my waffles and it was covered with ants, the waiter never even bothered to look at what he was serving. Finally, every single morning the breakfast was brought to the table cold, as if just taken from a fridge. I found this to be annoying as cold scramble eggs and cold waffles are not to my liking.

I would certainly NOT recommend this resort to anyone at this time.

Unique Quality: The pools were wonderful!!

Directions: About 5 minutes from the ferry terminal.

Excellent Service away from Panglao

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 18, 2007

This place has excellent service compared to Panglao Island. The room we stayed in was much nicer and larger than the Superior room in Bohol Beach Club, but of course you don't have the nice beach (and the beach wasn't that great anyway).

The front desk staff are highly trained. They answered many difficult questions I had regarding transportation and have a wonderful female employee who does most of the work for you.

Ordered ube ice cream and it was delivered in around 5 minutes one night (average time in Bohol Beach Club was more than 15 mins). Got 2 wonderul massages from blind masseuses and they even stayed longer than scheduled time. AMAZING. The restaurant's service, choice of food, and location was magical.

Unique Quality: The communication between staff made the difference for me. Called because of a faulty phone and staff was there in minutes. Left a message for the transportation rep at front desk with many variables, and not one mix up. They use walkie-talkies and are aware of everything going on.

Bad Experience

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 14, 2007

August 2002. We booked the Presidential suite, paid in advance to secure the accomodation. They confirmed that we have the suite. We were excited because we saw the pictures online and it was really nice.

We checked in, signed all paperwork, etc. We were led to our room.... Only that it wasn't the presidential suite that we reserved. I said there must be some mistake. The hotel employee must have thought we were so stupid he even said that was the best accomodation they have, that they have upgraded our accomodation.

We walked out of there, lugging our stuff with us, went straight to the front desk and said we are not staying. Customer service sucked... There weren't even apologies or anything. They acted really arrogant. I told then to eat our reservation fee, and left...

Seaside hotel

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 11, 2006

Stayed here in February 2006.

Positive points:

Free Wifi hotspot in the lobby
nice-sized rooms
nice helpful staff

Negative points:

Breakfast is not included
A bit far from the centre.
Although called "resort" there is no beach
The rooms with a sea view are quite a way back form the sea with variuos obstructions

Conclusion:

Next time I would probably stay in the Metrocentre hotel, which is in the centre.

ENCHANTING HOTEL LOVED IT

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 29, 2005

Stayed at This Resort for Two Weeks May 2004, Loved it, It has an enchanting atmosphere, with the location overlooking Tagbilaran Bay watching all the Super Cat Ferries coming in and out of the harbor. Three fabulous swimming pools will keep you occupied it you are a swimmer. The sounds of live bands at night sweep through the air from the second story restaurant that overlooks the swimming pools and the harbor also.
We stayed at the former presidential suite , which was a great location overlooking the swimming pools and harbor and restaurant. Only thing my gf didnt like there is no beach in Tagbilaran Bay, you have to go to Alona Beach, Panglao Island, So anyway we left from there to go to Boracay, and loved the beach there , so everyone was happy, Absolutely love this hotel

Directions: Right OnTagbilaran Bay, Bohol

• Restaurant
  • Swimming Pool
  • Room Service

Bohol Travel Forum

Need advice about Bohol, Philippines? Visit the Travel Forum for Bohol and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Bohol hotel reviews

Hanging Bridge
Sky Ride, Bohol, Philippines
Chocolate Hills Adventure Park In Bohol
Things to Do
chocolate hills adventure park (CHAP)
Things to Do
Chocolate Hills of Bohol on one foggy morning.
Play with ati-atihan
Things to Do
Visiting the stressed out tarsiers
River Cruise
Things to Do
Watch sunset by the beach
Island Hopping and Dolphins, Bohol, Philippines
Snorkeling and Fish Feeding, Bohol, Philippines
Panglao Beach, Bohol, Philippines
Tarsier Sanctuary, Bohol, Philippines
Blood Compact Monument, Bohol, Philippines
Things to Do
Baclayon Church, Bohol, Philippines ...
Butterfly Conservation Center, Bohol, Philippines
Things to Do
Enjoy the powdery shores of Panglao
Sweet Chocolate Hills
See antiques at Baclayon Church
Don't miss Bohol's manmade forest
Dolphin watching
Fast food in Bohol
Restaurants
For that old western experience
Firefly watching
Moving around Bohol
Floating REstaurant...Loboc River
Ginataan Crab......@ Olegario Cafe
Restaurants
You REAP.......what you SOW...........
Chocolate or Peppermint Flavor......which one