Graham Avenue, Tagbilaran City, Bohol, 6300, Philippines

Otel.com

Satisfaction Average

• gacortes's Profile Photo

Tagbilaran's finest

Bohol tropics is the resort where you get the best value for your money. Although Bohol tropics isn't a beach front resort, the place is very accessible because it's situated along tagbilaran and near the sea port. The resort has 3 large pools, one warm water pool which is located in front of the pool side room. At night, a band performs in their bar wherein you can have a few drinks. Rates are relatively cheap and the accommodation is great. Although the rooms are very basic, the resort provides great facilities and service. I really enjoyed the night life in Bohol Tropics.

• Staying at Bohol Tropics

It was a birthday gift from my husband... i was treated for a trip to Bohol last July 2, 2010. I was looking for a good hotel in the internet and was mesmerized by the pictures that Bohol Tropics posted. When we arrived, i was not disappointed because the whole resort/hotel is really beautiful especially the pool area. My husband and I smiled as we approached the front desk... I don't like to mention name but the girl is really not front desk material. I don't remember hearing her greet us at least good afternoon. Or a little smile thank you for choosing us. Lucky for us, the other front desk person (guy or gay...hehehe) is really friendly.
    I would like to commend the waiters at Cafe Atanacio. Super accommodating.
    I would still recommend this resort but this one front desk person will ruin anybody's day.

Unique Quality: Pool is great. I love swimming.

• kenjhub's Profile Photo

Good Resort - Poor Restaurant

Where to begin? The resort itself is very nice. The rooms are modern, clean and well maintained. The pools were really the showcase of the resort as they are beautiful. I did find however that the service was lacking. While at the pool no one came to see if we would like a beverage and there were no towels for the pool, we were told to use the towels from our room. The staff in the restaurant was likewise not very service oriented. During one meal there were about 5 guests dining but every other table was left with dirty dishes. During a breakfast I was brought a cup of syrup for my waffles and it was covered with ants, the waiter never even bothered to look at what he was serving. Finally, every single morning the breakfast was brought to the table cold, as if just taken from a fridge. I found this to be annoying as cold scramble eggs and cold waffles are not to my liking.

I would certainly NOT recommend this resort to anyone at this time.

Unique Quality: The pools were wonderful!!

Directions: About 5 minutes from the ferry terminal.

• Excellent Service away from Panglao

This place has excellent service compared to Panglao Island. The room we stayed in was much nicer and larger than the Superior room in Bohol Beach Club, but of course you don't have the nice beach (and the beach wasn't that great anyway).

The front desk staff are highly trained. They answered many difficult questions I had regarding transportation and have a wonderful female employee who does most of the work for you.

Ordered ube ice cream and it was delivered in around 5 minutes one night (average time in Bohol Beach Club was more than 15 mins). Got 2 wonderul massages from blind masseuses and they even stayed longer than scheduled time. AMAZING. The restaurant's service, choice of food, and location was magical.

Unique Quality: The communication between staff made the difference for me. Called because of a faulty phone and staff was there in minutes. Left a message for the transportation rep at front desk with many variables, and not one mix up. They use walkie-talkies and are aware of everything going on.

• Bad Experience

August 2002. We booked the Presidential suite, paid in advance to secure the accomodation. They confirmed that we have the suite. We were excited because we saw the pictures online and it was really nice.

We checked in, signed all paperwork, etc. We were led to our room.... Only that it wasn't the presidential suite that we reserved. I said there must be some mistake. The hotel employee must have thought we were so stupid he even said that was the best accomodation they have, that they have upgraded our accomodation.

We walked out of there, lugging our stuff with us, went straight to the front desk and said we are not staying. Customer service sucked... There weren't even apologies or anything. They acted really arrogant. I told then to eat our reservation fee, and left...

• Seaside hotel

Stayed here in February 2006.

Positive points:

Free Wifi hotspot in the lobby
    nice-sized rooms
    nice helpful staff

Negative points:

Breakfast is not included
    A bit far from the centre.
    Although called "resort" there is no beach
    The rooms with a sea view are quite a way back form the sea with variuos obstructions

Conclusion:

Next time I would probably stay in the Metrocentre hotel, which is in the centre.

• ENCHANTING HOTEL LOVED IT

Stayed at This Resort for Two Weeks May 2004, Loved it, It has an enchanting atmosphere, with the location overlooking Tagbilaran Bay watching all the Super Cat Ferries coming in and out of the harbor. Three fabulous swimming pools will keep you occupied it you are a swimmer. The sounds of live bands at night sweep through the air from the second story restaurant that overlooks the swimming pools and the harbor also.
    We stayed at the former presidential suite , which was a great location overlooking the swimming pools and harbor and restaurant. Only thing my gf didnt like there is no beach in Tagbilaran Bay, you have to go to Alona Beach, Panglao Island, So anyway we left from there to go to Boracay, and loved the beach there , so everyone was happy, Absolutely love this hotel

Directions: Right OnTagbilaran Bay, Bohol

More about Bohol Tropics Resort

by vincentf

This is a conveniently located beach resort in Tagbilaran City. The facilities looked very nice and the hotel rooms offer a good seaview. However, I did not stay overnight here.

A Resort in the City

by crazydigger about Bohol Tropics Resort

This resort is actually a hotel set at the edge of Tagbilaran City. It gives you a feeling of being on a tropical resort even if you're just in the main city. Check out their webpage and discover why its great!

From Bohol Tropics WebsiteFrom Bohol Tropics Website

Bohol Tropics ResortBohol Tropics Resort

by itchyfeettrekker

Hi Vters,
I'm thinking about staying at Bohol Tropics Resort. Can anyone give me their impression and views on this resort?

salamat

RE: Bohol Tropics Resort

by ManilaMan

www.boholtropics.com

very nice place stayed there for two weeks, get a room overlooking the pool and
patio area, if you can, then you can see the ocean and the ships coming in on the bay
fabulous pool area, nice outdoor restaurant and live band every night, loved bohol and bohol tropics

Comments