Tawala, Panglao Island, Philippines

Booking.com Travelocity Hotels.com

• gacortes's Profile Photo

Bohol's Finest

Eskaya is the best resort I’ve been to. Not because of their facilities, but because of the courteous staff all around the area. There was an instance when I was bitten by a mosquito, the nurse immediately approached me with 3 anti itching ointments on hand – note that I didn’t ask for assistance. We checked in at Balai 11, the smallest villa in eskaya with a floor area of 250 Square meters. Staying in Eskaya for me is rewarding, you get to commune with nature. Other than the staff, you’ll barely see people in the area. It’s so relaxing and romantic ;) Food is great though choice of food is very limited due to the resort having only 1 restaurant, Lantawan which is located right in front of the infinity pool.

Unique Quality: Infinity pool, very courteous staff, - again extra courteous staff. Privacy ;)

• cyndymc's Profile Photo

For The Rich & Famous

I received a lot of queries about Eskaya, but I'm neither rich nor famous, so I asked a friend who is rich enough to stay there with her daughter for a vacation to share some of her pictures. If you want some privacy while having a vacation in a luxurious ambience, then go to Eskaya. Definitely no maddening crowds in Eskaya.

For inquiries and rates, send email to: reservations@eskayabeach.com

or contact Eskaya Beach Resort & Spa Manila Sales Office with telephone number (632) 7274927 or 7255597 and telefax (632) 7445792 or 7444510.

Contact Person: Phoebe B. Lim

Unique Quality: Eskaya boasts of a beautiful infinity pool with a fantastic view of the ocean.

• Bohol's Newest Exclusive Boutique Resort

Eskaya is a newly opened boutique resort and you can access it's website at www.eskayabeach.com . Unfortunately, they take the word "exclusive" very seriously and charge non guests an entrance fee of P2,000.00 - even for a 30 minute stay. Eskaya refused my request to enter to get more information from their staff at the front desk because they "didn't want their guests to be disturbed". Tried to speak to the GM but got no further than a front desk rep who I talked to from the intercom at the guardhouse - while getting bitten alive. I found that very puzzling since, even Aman Resorts, one of the pioneers and leaders in upscale boutique resorts, have never restricted non guests from visiting their resort. If you are looking for something upscale and exclusive, that is tried and tested - without the attitude, consider Amanpulo or El Nido in Palawan instead.

More about Eskaya Beach Resort & Spa

Amorita Resort vs Bohol Beach Club

by evo5rr

Hi Everyone! I have been deciding between Amorita and BBC. Any comments/suggestions?

They said that BBC beach is far better than the Alona Beach.
However BBC is an old resort and the rooms are not very well kept.
Amorita though is newer. I love the idea of th plunge pool in their Villas!

Any help is appreciated! Thanks in Advance!

by stamporama

If I were you, I'd also check on the customer reviews about the resort and the quality of its service rather than base it on the beach only. My family stayed at Amorita last week because it had a 100% favorable feedback so we chose it. We did not regret our decision though the place was pricey. And the beach was also good, the sand was not as white as Boracay's but just as fine.

by edwinic

I suppose you knew where to stay before you even post your query.

by cyndymc

You can have the best of both places! Check-in at Amorita, then go to BBC for a day tour. My friend who checked in at Eskaya did that because she heard about BBC's fine white sand beach, the starfishes on the shore, and the beautiful sunset. Sorry, I don't know how much is BBC's day tour fee now, but it is consumable, and so easy consume for food alone.

by shunille

for me bbc is better than amorita yes you are right it is an old resort but still they upgraded its feature to reach the standard of a first class hotel and to exceed the interest of the guests.

by marcdion

hello!
YEs, amorita has a nice ambiance but not beachfront unlike bbc but still beach is very accessible just a min down in the stairs. And they have nice room.

by fox_22_smith

Go for Amorita. Quality service and friendly staff..

For your bohol tour, try this link.
www.boholdaytour.com

by JaneCajuguiran

BBC I believe is still very good. We stayed there a long time ago and we enjoyed our stay. but I've not been back since. However, according to reviews, the resort has improved the standard of service it had. I believe this because of the track record of the hotel. Highly recommendable.

Comments