Graham Avenue, Tagbilaran City, Philippines

Agoda.com Asiatravel.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• The absolute worst place we ever stayed!

My wife has been riding me for over three months because I chose to stay at this dump to save a few pounds. Unfortunately, we saw - and felt - the bed bugs when we arrived and they took up home in our luggage, which we brought home with us. Now our house is infested and we ended up ripping out all carpets and destroying all couches, bedding, and fabrics. THANK YOU LAROCA!!!

The place is a slum.

• Place should be condemned!!

Worst experience of anyplace that I stayed in the Philippines. We would have been better off and more comfortable sleeping on the side of the road. The place is an absolute dump that hasn't had a peso put into it in the last twenty years.

The rooms are dirty, crumbling, and nothing works. If you can get past the mildew and black mold then you might - I repeat MIGHT - have cold water at least. The bedding had blood on it and also stunk of mildew. Neither the TV nor air conditioning worked.

Good luck!

Unique Quality: It's a dump!!

More about Hotel La Roca

Bohol: Natural Wonders

by caramelski

Loboc River Cruise
Countryside Tour
Peanut Kisses

"Travelogue:"

From Cebu, we took the 8AM Supercat Fast Ferry (PhP480 - oneway) to Tagbilaran. From the hotel, we flagged down two taxis to take us to Pier4...both had metered taxi that costed us PhP43 per cab. You need to pay a PhP10 car vehicle pass to enter the Pier. Upon getting there, you will be "accosted" by porters who would like to take your money in order to help you with your bags, it is your call.

I was impressed by the sheer size of the Supercat 2001, our fast craft. It had lots of room, had very comfortble seats and lots of toilets. There are attendants on board as well as an onboard restaurant that will cater to your hunger needs. The ride took about 1 1/2 hours and after that, we arrived at Tagbilaran Seaport.

At Tagbilaran seaport, you will be met by various men offering their van rental service and we chose this man named Mang Marcelo to take us to 7 sites at PhP2500 the whole day. His van is a hi-ace that is very well-maintained and has a very cold aircon =). First off, we asked to be dropped in our hotel to check-in and leave our baggage.

Hello La Roca! The most dilapidated hotel in Tagbilaran. It was 5 minutes away from the seaport. We checked in quickly and left for our first stop at Blood Compact Site.

Had a few pictures taken at Blood Compact Site and then it's off to Baclayon Church. The church is very old and was not restored. You have to pay a PhP20 to enter the Baclayon Museum. We didn't. We just took pictures and then headed off to Loboc River just in time for lunch.

Upon getting to Loboc River, we were offered a choice between getting a buffet (PhP250) or regular (PhP175) lunch. However, if you choose a regular lunch, you have to pay for the boat (PhP800) that will take you upstream. This is a good idea for those people who want privacy. We choose the buffet because we were very hungry! We reserved our names and then headed off to the Tarsier which is just around the corner.

The Tarsiers are so little and so cute. I was kinda disappointed to only see four tarsiers in the sanctuary --- I thought there were more. Had a few pictures taken then went back to Loboc River for our long-awaited lunch. =)

The Loboc River Cruise and Lunch was heavenly! The food was very good as well as the entertainment. I was very entertained throughout the 1-hour cruise.

After that we went to Mahogany Forest. This forest was man-made as mandated by President Marcos 50 years ago when students planted these trees. We also passed by Hanging Bridge and then off to Chocolate Hills.

Chocolate Hills was beautiful! I was struck by how this natural phenomenon occured. =) After that, we stopped by the Island Tour souveneir shop where we bought shirts and peanut kisses (PhP23.50/100-g pack).

And then it's off to the hotel for a very much needed rest.

"Next off, Panglao to find Nemo!!! Woohoo!!!"

pension Inns/ hotels at Tagbilaran

by danaiskra

me again..
found these accomodations by searching net.. i would like to ask if you would have comments on these places.. on food, cleanliness, friendliness of staff and location (if the place is at the heart of the city..) thanks..
Gie Gardens

thanks in advance..

Re: pension Inns/ hotels at Tagbilaran

by sibbick1

Hello

I have never been in any of those places but I have stayed at the Chriscent Ville Pension house on Gallares Street in the heart of the city. Just one block from the biggest mall in Tagbilaran and walking distance to all other shops and banks.

It has been a few years since I was there but I was VERY happy.

Try googling it!

In the meantime you can see my video of the pension house here:

Regards: Jim