Bohol Hotels

Our Members Say

• pinoynomad profile photo pinoynomad

2 out of 5 starsUser Rating

dumaluan beach resort: tourist trap

on the good side, the rooms were clean and the food as ok.on the not so good side boy do i have lots to complain: check in time is 12noon, but our rooms were not ready till 4pm and we arrived at the resort at 7am, just imagine we waited that longggg! coming from the airport we passed by jolibee to buy food when we arrived at the resort we were being charged corkage fee of P100@ because we brought in food, that's too much! and boy they charged P50@ for a small mineral bottled water and we couldnt bring in our own bottled water. the food was expensive too --- truly a trap!! they advertised low package rates so the unsuspecting tourist would be lured in...did we regret it bigtime when we got there.so i do not recommend to you this resort...go somewhere else, its a TRAP!!!! It's also a resort that is NOT HANDICAP FRIENDLY---it was truly difficult for older citizens in wheelchairs to go from one place to the other in this resort- no paved paths for wheelchairs.

pool conveniently located outside our room---that's one good point

• Related to: Budget Travel, Beaches
  • Written June 10, 2009

• amaranth621 profile photo amaranth621
  • Reviews: 13

Chriscentville Hotel: Good Budget Hotel in the City

Hotel is very near the town center. It was a short walk to the mall to check out McDonald's, the department store, the church etc. The room was air-conditioned with two twin beds. The water was leaking a bit from the sink, but it was not a grave inconvenience. The surprise was a 12" TV with Cable, but very much welcome.

They provide airport transfer for free. The rent-a-cars were charging Php 300 for a trip to the airport from the hotel. Taking a trike (was only carrying backpack), it cost Ph 20 to get to the airport. It was a short 15-20 minute ride on a Sunday.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
  • Written April 20, 2009

• amaranth621 profile photo amaranth621
  • Reviews: 13

Paragayo Resort: R&R near the Beach

I wasn't sure how to describe the accommodation because the rooms are in 'separate' little buildings giving it a very resort type of feel. The room selected was a one bedroom air-conditioned room with a queen sized bed and a fan to boot. Both the room/rest room were clean and spacious. Outside, the area is landscaped with wooden living sets for reading at night. There was an Internet station on the lobby, a bar, and laundry service but we didn't avail of it. There is no restaurant on the place itself, and we would walk all the way to the beach for that. It is about a 5-10 minute walk going to the beach (one way) if you're a slow walker like me. The resort also asked for a 50% deposit prior to arrival.

What makes this place unique is the landscaping and the surrounding the different buildings. It's great for lazing about in the afternoon. It also gives it a sense of privacy.

• Related to: Backpacking, Family Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written April 20, 2009

• magamorot profile photo magamorot

Superior Room: Dumaluan Beach Resort

Since we visit the place after Sinulog, other tourist made this province their side trip via supercat. The Hotel was fully booked and the only available room is the "superior" room. Facilities of the said resort is clean and well maintained. Better if you have reservation prior going there to get a cheaper room. Nevertheless, the whole resort is very relaxing. One thing though, the servings of their food was so small and a little bit expensive.

I always loved their sand in Pangalao.

• Related to: Family Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Water Sports
  • Written April 13, 2009

View from our terrace

• ainemesor profile photo ainemesor
  • Reviews: 4

Bohol Bee Farm: Hectic in Bohol

RESERVATIONS:

Reservation staff was nice. I tried booking for the cheaper rooms. We got the Tomato Room (4 of us) and my aunt and uncle got The Radish Room. Deposited over the counter at BPI about1/4 of the room rate, faxed the deposit slip, and called again for confirmation/ receipt of deposit payment.

CHECKING IN:

The resort driver (cheerful enough) was already at the airport when we arrived. The yellow van used was pretty old/ beat up (but in good running condition) but I didn't mind (my uncle had a similar van decades ago). After checking in, we had an early dinner at around 6pm. We were starving and we concluded everything we have tasted were pretty nice.

Free Breakfast (1st day) includes waffle, omelet (which I enjoyed), and a thin slice of ham.
(2nd day) brown rice with fried dinaing na bangus.

For breakfast, we ordered potato bread (not to be missed out when you go there) to satisfy our appetite..and hunger.

We were picked up by Nick's Rent a Car (www.nickrentacar.com) at 7am and the warm and friendly driver, Kuya Rechie, was there on time. Since we woke up late, we left around 7:30 am for our Bohol Countryside Tour.

We arrived at 7pm that night, and have the same dinner we had the previous night. This time, we have realized we could have just been famished to say the food is excellent. The food is quite good, but not to rave about. It is exciting, though, to eat real flowers (growing in their garden) as part of the salad.

The second time I ate flowers (salad), I noticed black ants. I courteously asked the young lady assisting us to wash again the flowers because I don't want it to smell "ants-y". They were quick in changing it. But I already lost my appetite for the salad. Thanks to the Ants! Hmmp.

CHECKING OUT:

We settled our bills after our dinner since we will be leaving as early as 6am the next day. Though it is a "farm", credit card/ atm/debit cards can be honored. They have a little Pasalubong Shop where I bought 2 bottles of honey Php 120 each (A MUST), peanut sticks, and TABLEYAs (cocoa formed into shapes like small hills, more like hershey's chocolate kisses, only BIGGER and without the tip).

I bought 2 packs at P95 each and I only consumed two small tablets and until now the rest has been left untouched. It's not even nice to use in cooking Champorado( chocolate rice porridge). I thought the TABLEYA (TABLETS) was their specialty. I was way wrong. I was dismayed it tasted so bitter even with a lot of sugar and it doesn't taste like it's pure cocoa too. I wasn't able to finish the half-filled glass I made. [Disclaimer: Pure cocoa really tastes bitter, this is just my opinion, my aunt said it tastes better with the champorado, i need to find the year old tableyas tucked away in a drawer somewhere and cook champorado again]

My aunts were so disappointed when we were dropped off at the pier because we were jampacked in a small SUV. With a lot of luggage, my senior citizen aunt (age 71) and I were at the back (like sardines) with big bags on our laps and feet, without any breathing room). It was okay with me. But of course, not to elders like them. They expected something better so we had to sacrifice for 10-15 minutes at the back which seemed like forever to my Tita.

What happened, you say? There was confusion with the other guests' check out and they had the bigger van (to the airport) to themselves. They should have been more organized because that tiny detail spoiled my aunt's day. I felt like we should have been prioritized because I am with 5 senior citizens.

RESORT:

Rooms are kept clean, especially because the rooms we occupied were fairly new. They cleaned it out when we were out even if we did not request for it (which is surprisingly nice).

The resort's staff were nice and friendly, especially the food attendants. They are graceful and sweet enough to embody the essence of a Maria Clara, or being a native Boholana.

In general, there was not much to do here but laze around and the area is not as big as other resorts but it is nice to spend the night here if you want someplace quiet. You get to enjoy the feeling of being in a far away province, like an outcast. haha.

It was kinda hard to navigate the remote control (letters are no longer visible). We have to ask a staff to help us every time we turn on the TV.

The bathroom was clean but the shower area is quite small even for one. When you closed in on the shower curtain, you'll be touching them as you shower (quite annoying). The water heater (shower) turns on and off automatically in intervals of a few seconds. One minute they're warm, the next moment, they're not. The water is quite sticky/ a bit smelly (I guess applies to all resorts in Bohol) and after taking a bath, you might feel you just went through a manhole. Haha.

Yes, we experienced power outage. I didn't know how we managed.

There was a gecko /"tuko" living with us (on the ceiling) who made noises during our last night.

It was dark at night with a few lights on and there were no security guards in case you need to ask something. I think the office (which serves as front desk) is not opened 24 hours, which resulted to our pier transfer dilemma.

CAUTION: There is an access to a stone-y beach but not advisable for swimming. VERY SLIMY. If you'd rather have a beach area, then just choose a beach resort, not the BEE FARM resort. By the way, I haven't encountered any bees.

Their website is quite encouraging but I would rather go there again just on a day trip.

They offer tour packages but if you're on a low budget and you're at least 3, organize your own itinerary and rent a car/ van for the whole day. The drivers normally know where to go and knows boatmen for whale watching tour etc.

I would recommend this place to people who wants to seek SOLITUDE. For the adventurous type, NAY.

*EAT FLOWERS for dinner.

*Photo opportunity for tourists.

*great view from the restaurant (ocean/cliff)

*friendly food/room attendant

I would have not been satisfied IF NOT for the FRIENDLY STAFF they have (not the one manning the front desk) but those who served our breakfast/ dinner, and cleaned our rooms.

• Related to: Seniors, Farm Stay
  • Written February 13, 2009

tomato room of Bohol Bee Farm

• dawn_charlotte profile photo dawn_charlotte
  • Reviews: 17

Dumaluan Beach Resort

I booked for this resort a week before we go to Bohol, I booked for a deluxe room (since we are looking for a room with a/c, own t&b, and cable tv) the rate is 2150php/night with free breakfast for 2. not bad... After our countryside tour, our driver drop us at the resort. The receptionist asked me on the room type that I booked, since I forgot the room type (maybe because I was tired already) I just asked them if they don't have a record of my reservation (which they should have since I deposited a 1 night prior our trip). They told me that I booked for a Jr. Suite (which makes me think...) and I saw the price it is out of my budget since it is 2600/night. And i said, it is not the room that I booked since my budget is 2150/night. And the receptionist told me that they upgraded my room accomodation with the same price. =) Am i just so lucky that time? :) The room was huge for me and my bf. The bed is big. Besides the amenities that we are looking for we also have a mini ref in our room. They change the beddings everyday so we get to sleep every night with a new beddings. =)

The resort has its own restaurant, swimming pool and beach front.

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written February 6, 2009

Jr Suite Room

• Jimbo222 profile photo Jimbo222
  • Reviews: 68

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Beach Resort: Dumaluan Beach Resort (DBR)

Stayed here for 3 nights. Upon researching in the internet, this has the cheapest room rate among all. The place does not look like a first class resort like BBC but it is beside BBC, and the beach front is really nice. The service though is something I say is something missing in DBR. Also, food is overpriced and the meals are not even good for 1 person. I'm filipino and yet food is not enough, for foreigners, for sure you'll have to spend more money to get full. And the food is so-so. I'd suggest you eat in Bohol Beach club, better food and for me more worth it. There is an option to buy Grilled Food outside the resort itself though, wasn't able to try it, cheaper, not sure if worth it.
If you want to save money on overnight stay, go to DBR, eat at the sari sari store or buy grill/'ihaw' outside the resort then stay overnight there. There are cheaper places to stay, but not beach side. Another note, there is Dumaluan 1, and Dumaluan 2. Dumaluan 2 is where we stayed. Dumaluan 1, i think is for the public and locals, (lower cost) but probably safety is an issue.

Airconditioned rooms, Hot/cold shower, swimming pool, simple but nice lights, great beach front. In my opinion, BBC and DBR beach front is better than Alona Beach Front.

• Related to: Beaches, Budget Travel, Family Travel
  • Written February 4, 2009

entrance

• cyndymc profile photo cyndymc
  • Reviews: 1536

Dao Diamond Bed & Breakfast: Quiet Place, Comfortable Rooms, Friendly Staff

We stayed at Dao Diamond Hotel in Tagbilaran City for 2 nights after our stay in Dumaluan Beach Resort. We got 2 standard rooms with comfortable beds, clean bed linen, cool airconditioning units, 2 cabinets, free use of safe for valuables, tv, hot & cold water, thick towels, free toilet tissue, soap & shampoo. They have a swimming pool and cafeteria that served home-cooked style of food. They had separate dining halls for big groups.
I would recommend the place to friends & relatives who don't go for the noisy downtown surroundings.
Guest relations is excellent.

This Bed & Breakfast provides employment to the hearing-impaired/challenged, as it is run by an NGO that helps them. Only the front desk personnel, drivers and management staff are not hearing-impaired.
Their swimming pool is small but clean, and their surroundings are so refreshing with the big old trees and ornamental plants.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel, Disabilities
  • Written December 13, 2008

Dao Diamond Bed & Breakfast

• cyndymc profile photo cyndymc
  • Reviews: 1536

Dumaluan Beach Resort: Underrated & Misunderstood Dumaluan

Our party of 5 stayed in their Family Room in the new building. Facilities and amenities were okay- comfortable beds, really cold airconditiong unit, big bathroom, good food though quite expensive, generally friendly staff. We would recommend our relatives and friends to stay they; in fact we intend to return there because for less the price, we had the same white,powdery sand beach of nearby Bohol Beach Club.

We particularly liked their clean,wide beachfront with a great view of the sky, and with so many starfishes. There is a swimming pool where one can go night swimming.

• Related to: Beaches, Family Travel, Budget Travel
  • Written December 12, 2008

Dumaluan Beach

• Robyn_mikkel profile photo Robyn_mikkel
  • Reviews: 39

Chriscentville Hotel: Tagbilaran Hotel

their rooms are nice considering that their prices is not expensive. they also have a coffee shop which serves great iced mocha. the place is also walking distance from the BQ mall and other establishments and the Bohol museum.

• Written December 9, 2008

• Robyn_mikkel profile photo Robyn_mikkel
  • Reviews: 39

Alonaland Resort: Alonaland

Prices range from P1000 - 2000. it's really not expensive compared to other resorts and they have excellent facilities plus a large area if you want to hangout and drink. and you can pass thru the alona tropical's gate if you want to go to the beach.

• Written December 9, 2008

• imran.dawood profile photo imran.dawood

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Executive Suite: Vest Pension House

During my stay at Bohol I stayed at this hotel. I had checked it's review on Internet before coming to Bohol and it was exactly the same as it was reviewed. My stay was very pleasant. Staff is very good and friendly, food is good. Rooms are exactly as the pictures given on website. You can see my room's picture as well. I had hired their driver Dexter and car (Honda Civic). The rates for room and this car was really good and this guy was really friendly and took us to almost to all tourist places possible. If you want to enjoy Bohol with good rates, go for them. You can contact him on 09098140526/09098140525.

Peaceful, in Middle of City so you can go to any destination. near to airport.

• Related to: Diving and Snorkeling, Beaches, Historical Travel
  • Written November 26, 2008
Tip Photo

• xamayla profile photo xamayla
  • Reviews: 18

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Alona Grove: A place to Stay in Panglao

This is a nice place to stay. We were able to save a lot of money. Accomodation starts at 500 pesos for a standard kubo. Aircon rooms are 1000 pesos per day. You have your own restroom, big bed and electric fan. Practical for people who won't stay the whole day in their hotel, just a place to sleep.

a min away from the beach but on a secluded area

• Written November 18, 2008

• shecapili profile photo shecapili
  • Reviews: 7

DBR with the pool: Dumaluan Beach Resort

There are two Dumaluan Beach resorts. One (the more affordable where locals are most likely to stay) is beside Bohol Beach Club and the other one, where we stayed is right beside the first one. This one has a pool which is great for night swimming and in the afternoon when it's ultra low tide. It also has a restaurant but the food is quite expensive. The first Dumaluan has a restaurant, too. That's where we ate most of the time. Very affordable and good, too!

• Related to: Whale Watching, Beaches, Family Travel
  • Written November 1, 2008

Dumaluan's beach front

• jayrulezzz profile photo jayrulezzz
  • Reviews: 5

Bohol Divers Resort: Beach front resort with fair rate

I billited at Bohol Divers Resort last October 9-11 of this year. It is located in the eastern part of Alona Beach, Panglao Island. It is a beach front resort with almost complete amenities such as swimming pool, huge garden (for outdoor activities), beach bar, etc. It has a dive shop infront of it (Phil. Divers). Also, they have nice accomodation with clean bathroom. Rate ranges from USD12.00 to USD120.00.

• Opinion of Price: N/A