Bohol Hotels

Our Members Say

• cyndymc profile photo cyndymc
  • Reviews: 1536

Dao Diamond Bed & Breakfast: Quiet Place, Comfortable Rooms, Friendly Staff

We stayed at Dao Diamond Hotel in Tagbilaran City for 2 nights after our stay in Dumaluan Beach Resort. We got 2 standard rooms with comfortable beds, clean bed linen, cool airconditioning units, 2 cabinets, free use of safe for valuables, tv, hot & cold water, thick towels, free toilet tissue, soap & shampoo. They have a swimming pool and cafeteria that served home-cooked style of food. They had separate dining halls for big groups.
I would recommend the place to friends & relatives who don't go for the noisy downtown surroundings.
Guest relations is excellent.

This Bed & Breakfast provides employment to the hearing-impaired/challenged, as it is run by an NGO that helps them. Only the front desk personnel, drivers and management staff are not hearing-impaired.
Their swimming pool is small but clean, and their surroundings are so refreshing with the big old trees and ornamental plants.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel, Disabilities
  • Written December 13, 2008

Dao Diamond Bed & Breakfast

• dcmanicad profile photo dcmanicad
  • Reviews: 67

Citadel Alona Inn: Near the Alona resorts

If you are in a tight budget then I would suggest this place for you. Priced starting at P500, this place is near enough to the Alona beaches, that you can walk to any of them (about 5 – 10 minutes if walking, 2 minutes if being chased by a dog). There are a lot of small stores where you can buy your things cheaper than in let’s say Alona Kew resort – saved a few bucks again. There weren’t a lot of people when we stayed in, so we had the common kitchen and common bathroom all by ourselves. The bathroom, each for boys and girls, has a shower and a toilet cubicle. I believe there is a bathroom for each of the two floors. The kitchen utensil looks clean enough (but we wash them thoroughly just to be sure). We managed to cook meals and then bring it to the balcony so we can enjoy our food in a peaceful and relaxing environment.

On the first floor is a small art gallery that is worth checking out. At the back is a small BBQ place.

The only thing not good is if you want the powdery white sand of the Dumaluan beach, you have to travel for at least 30 minutes towards Tagbilaran.

they have

• Written November 14, 2007

veranda in front

• freddie18 profile photo freddie18
  • Reviews: 531

Bohol Divers Resort: One of the Best Resorts in Bohol

I can tell you that the Pension/Guesthouse Resort or whatever they call it is huge. There are 10 types of room in the resort to choose from ranging from Php500 to Php6000 per night for 1 to 4 persons. Because this is a resort, the view is spectacular.

Wait for the sunset and you will be amazed. For inquiry and reservation for tour packages with local guides, visit the link: http://www.vacationtour-elm.com/site/1360694/page/3019637

2 swimming pools, a restaurant, beach bar, dive shop, and outdoor game facilities. Other amenities are also available like safety deposit box, laundry services, transfer assistance, massage services, beach volleyball, WIFI internet access and the package rates for rooms & transfers with meals can be arranged.

• Related to: Adventure Travel, Diving and Snorkeling, Beaches
  • Written July 31, 2007

Front View of Bohol Divers Resort

• Robyn_mikkel profile photo Robyn_mikkel
  • Reviews: 39

Chriscentville Hotel: Tagbilaran Hotel

their rooms are nice considering that their prices is not expensive. they also have a coffee shop which serves great iced mocha. the place is also walking distance from the BQ mall and other establishments and the Bohol museum.

• Opinion of Price: least expensive
  • Written December 9, 2008

• cyndymc profile photo cyndymc
  • Reviews: 1536

Dumaluan Beach Resort: Underrated & Misunderstood Dumaluan

Our party of 5 stayed in their Family Room in the new building. Facilities and amenities were okay- comfortable beds, really cold airconditiong unit, big bathroom, good food though quite expensive, generally friendly staff. We would recommend our relatives and friends to stay they; in fact we intend to return there because for less the price, we had the same white,powdery sand beach of nearby Bohol Beach Club.

We particularly liked their clean,wide beachfront with a great view of the sky, and with so many starfishes. There is a swimming pool where one can go night swimming.

• Related to: Beaches, Family Travel, Budget Travel

Extra Bed: P200.00

• Related to: Family Travel
  • Written July 29, 2006
Tip Photo

• donnanolasco profile photo donnanolasco
  • Reviews: 18

Cheap Accomodation in Bohol

We stay in Travellodge Backpackers Inn in Tagbilaran City, they have clean & nice room for only P300 for single, 600 for double occupancy, aircondition room with private toilet and tv. If you want an extra bed you only have to pay P50 & P100 for extra person. You can ride a tricycle to bus terminal near ICMall where you can buy also cheapest peanut kisses & souvenir shirts (cheaper than those in tourist spots) and ask for bus schedule going to Panglao beach ( I think bus fare is P75 or cheaper, we did not try this but i think its a good option)

• Related to: Budget Travel
  • Written July 30, 2009

• franceleen profile photo franceleen
  • Reviews: 3

Citadel Alona Inn: Budget Hotel in Panglao

Great place to stay for those who wants a budget hotel.

Off-peak rates available from June to September.

There are 4 family-size bedrooms (max 6 persons) and 6 single-size rooms. Available in fan and aircon.

* 2 Male and 2 Female spacious bathrooms each with a shower and toilet cubicle
* Ground Floor COO's snack & milkshake bar and art gallery
* Ground Floor reception room/TV Lounge
* Second Floor self-cook kitchen dining room for FREE use of guests
* Second Floor balcony dining/relaxing area
* Rear garden are for guest use with 2 large umbrella shaded seating areas and a BBQ and wash-up sink
* On site parking space at the front and rear for upto 6 vehicles

You can rent towels at PHP 40 each.

• Related to: Beaches, Diving and Snorkeling, Budget Travel
  • Written June 4, 2007

• Robyn_mikkel profile photo Robyn_mikkel
  • Reviews: 39

Alonaland Resort: Alonaland

Prices range from P1000 - 2000. it's really not expensive compared to other resorts and they have excellent facilities plus a large area if you want to hangout and drink. and you can pass thru the alona tropical's gate if you want to go to the beach.

• Written December 9, 2008

• TrendsetterME profile photo TrendsetterME
  • Reviews: 491

Dumaluan Beach Resort, Bohol, Philippines

Hotel is located on the Panglao Beach, which u can reach by cab ride from Tagbilaran City in about 30 mins, too far for a trycycle, so u better take a cab from the city, which about after bargain cost u 500p ...

The resort has several kinds of room types, depending on ur budget, but for sure call upfront and make a reservation as the place is mostly full and in case u go just as walk in, u gonna be paying the highest room rate ... I did stay in the exec rooms at the beach front, upstairs, w a view direct to the beach, rooms are clean and big, very standart and basic furnished, no phone at all, so in case u wanna ask something or order, just go out and walk to the reception / restaurant forurself ... Basic rooms dont have hot water, so beware to reserve exec rooms for hot water provided in rooms, unless u r used to shower w cold water ... :)

Has a long and perfect beach, there is a flood tide every day, as u can walk on the large beach and walk into the sea area and just after several hours, those areas are filled w sea water again as nature ....

Restaurant is half-covered, also many wood tables on the beach where u can dine and have ur breakfast ... Breakfast buffet is delicious but some poor sorted, anyway well enough to get full ...

Glass bottom boats, daily island hopping boats, jetski etc kinds of water sports are available for decent fee ...

I suggest u to take a cab and go to Alona Beach (ca.15 min ride) in the afternoon to see the sun going down as sipping some fresh juices ...

The only con of the resort is the staff, as they are used to be mostly full occupancy, they dont care the guests too much, kindda rude, as knowing if not u, there will be anyway another guest to replace u to reach full occupancy ....

Very recommendable resort, for sun, sea and relax ...

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Water Sports, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Beaches
  • Written January 31, 2012

Dumaluan Beach Resort, Bohol, Philippines

• ainemesor profile photo ainemesor
  • Reviews: 4

Bohol Bee Farm: Hectic in Bohol

RESERVATIONS:

Reservation staff was nice. I tried booking for the cheaper rooms. We got the Tomato Room (4 of us) and my aunt and uncle got The Radish Room. Deposited over the counter at BPI about1/4 of the room rate, faxed the deposit slip, and called again for confirmation/ receipt of deposit payment.

CHECKING IN:

The resort driver (cheerful enough) was already at the airport when we arrived. The yellow van used was pretty old/ beat up (but in good running condition) but I didn't mind (my uncle had a similar van decades ago). After checking in, we had an early dinner at around 6pm. We were starving and we concluded everything we have tasted were pretty nice.

Free Breakfast (1st day) includes waffle, omelet (which I enjoyed), and a thin slice of ham.
(2nd day) brown rice with fried dinaing na bangus.

For breakfast, we ordered potato bread (not to be missed out when you go there) to satisfy our appetite..and hunger.

We were picked up by Nick's Rent a Car (www.nickrentacar.com) at 7am and the warm and friendly driver, Kuya Rechie, was there on time. Since we woke up late, we left around 7:30 am for our Bohol Countryside Tour.

We arrived at 7pm that night, and have the same dinner we had the previous night. This time, we have realized we could have just been famished to say the food is excellent. The food is quite good, but not to rave about. It is exciting, though, to eat real flowers (growing in their garden) as part of the salad.

The second time I ate flowers (salad), I noticed black ants. I courteously asked the young lady assisting us to wash again the flowers because I don't want it to smell "ants-y". They were quick in changing it. But I already lost my appetite for the salad. Thanks to the Ants! Hmmp.

CHECKING OUT:

We settled our bills after our dinner since we will be leaving as early as 6am the next day. Though it is a "farm", credit card/ atm/debit cards can be honored. They have a little Pasalubong Shop where I bought 2 bottles of honey Php 120 each (A MUST), peanut sticks, and TABLEYAs (cocoa formed into shapes like small hills, more like hershey's chocolate kisses, only BIGGER and without the tip).

I bought 2 packs at P95 each and I only consumed two small tablets and until now the rest has been left untouched. It's not even nice to use in cooking Champorado( chocolate rice porridge). I thought the TABLEYA (TABLETS) was their specialty. I was way wrong. I was dismayed it tasted so bitter even with a lot of sugar and it doesn't taste like it's pure cocoa too. I wasn't able to finish the half-filled glass I made. [Disclaimer: Pure cocoa really tastes bitter, this is just my opinion, my aunt said it tastes better with the champorado, i need to find the year old tableyas tucked away in a drawer somewhere and cook champorado again]

My aunts were so disappointed when we were dropped off at the pier because we were jampacked in a small SUV. With a lot of luggage, my senior citizen aunt (age 71) and I were at the back (like sardines) with big bags on our laps and feet, without any breathing room). It was okay with me. But of course, not to elders like them. They expected something better so we had to sacrifice for 10-15 minutes at the back which seemed like forever to my Tita.

What happened, you say? There was confusion with the other guests' check out and they had the bigger van (to the airport) to themselves. They should have been more organized because that tiny detail spoiled my aunt's day. I felt like we should have been prioritized because I am with 5 senior citizens.

RESORT:

Rooms are kept clean, especially because the rooms we occupied were fairly new. They cleaned it out when we were out even if we did not request for it (which is surprisingly nice).

The resort's staff were nice and friendly, especially the food attendants. They are graceful and sweet enough to embody the essence of a Maria Clara, or being a native Boholana.

In general, there was not much to do here but laze around and the area is not as big as other resorts but it is nice to spend the night here if you want someplace quiet. You get to enjoy the feeling of being in a far away province, like an outcast. haha.

It was kinda hard to navigate the remote control (letters are no longer visible). We have to ask a staff to help us every time we turn on the TV.

The bathroom was clean but the shower area is quite small even for one. When you closed in on the shower curtain, you'll be touching them as you shower (quite annoying). The water heater (shower) turns on and off automatically in intervals of a few seconds. One minute they're warm, the next moment, they're not. The water is quite sticky/ a bit smelly (I guess applies to all resorts in Bohol) and after taking a bath, you might feel you just went through a manhole. Haha.

Yes, we experienced power outage. I didn't know how we managed.

There was a gecko /"tuko" living with us (on the ceiling) who made noises during our last night.

It was dark at night with a few lights on and there were no security guards in case you need to ask something. I think the office (which serves as front desk) is not opened 24 hours, which resulted to our pier transfer dilemma.

CAUTION: There is an access to a stone-y beach but not advisable for swimming. VERY SLIMY. If you'd rather have a beach area, then just choose a beach resort, not the BEE FARM resort. By the way, I haven't encountered any bees.

Their website is quite encouraging but I would rather go there again just on a day trip.

They offer tour packages but if you're on a low budget and you're at least 3, organize your own itinerary and rent a car/ van for the whole day. The drivers normally know where to go and knows boatmen for whale watching tour etc.

I would recommend this place to people who wants to seek SOLITUDE. For the adventurous type, NAY.

*EAT FLOWERS for dinner.

*Photo opportunity for tourists.

*great view from the restaurant (ocean/cliff)

*friendly food/room attendant

I would have not been satisfied IF NOT for the FRIENDLY STAFF they have (not the one manning the front desk) but those who served our breakfast/ dinner, and cleaned our rooms.

• Related to: Seniors, Farm Stay
  • Written February 13, 2009

tomato room of Bohol Bee Farm

• kemisteryoso profile photo kemisteryoso
  • Reviews: 428

Ancestral Houses: Homestay

If you are looking for an old-worlds experience, there are several ancestral houses that have opened their doors as bed and breakfast homestays where the most you will pay 1200 pesos pero room. But be sure you are not spooked by antiquities. These ancestral houses are typical bahay-na-bato houses with the lower floors built from stone and wood on the upper levels with capiz windows.

you can contact jojie giray-Pestelos for recommendations and information at 0917 304-1084 or email PGPestelosyahoo.com

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written August 1, 2010

• screamcheese profile photo screamcheese
  • Reviews: 49

Amarela Resort: Find Peace

This place is superb!!!

I'm so used to staying in cheap places especially during domestic travels since i'd rather splurge on food and outdoor activities than accomodations. This time around, I decided to try this high-end resort and see if the articles i've read are true.

Amarela Resort has its own library (where you can borrow books/dvds then watch it in your own rooms), dining area that makes you feel on top of the world, swimming pool, pingpong table, snorkeling gears and kayaks and a souvenir shop. In short, everything that spells F-U-N!!

This place is perfect for families who just wanna retire from city life even for just a week. The food they serve are really good too!! It's simply food with a twist.

The only so-so part i could think of is their beach, since there are rocky parts (kinda hard to swim in some areas).

• Opinion of Price: most expensive
  • Related to: Family Travel, Food and Dining
  • Written September 4, 2009
Tip Photo

• limledi profile photo limledi
  • Reviews: 895

Alona's Cheap Accommodation: Alonaland

Alonaland has nice place with good cottages which have cooking facilities. A bit off the beach, next to Banana Land. A good & cheaper alternative to Alona Tropical Beach Resort which is just across the road. Cottage/fan/bath P300 and P800, cottage/ac/bath P1200.

Good & cheap place to stay.

• Related to: Spa and Resort, Beaches, Sailing and Boating
  • Written July 19, 2008

Alonaland

• xamayla profile photo xamayla
  • Reviews: 18

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Alona Grove: A place to Stay in Panglao

This is a nice place to stay. We were able to save a lot of money. Accomodation starts at 500 pesos for a standard kubo. Aircon rooms are 1000 pesos per day. You have your own restroom, big bed and electric fan. Practical for people who won't stay the whole day in their hotel, just a place to sleep.

a min away from the beach but on a secluded area

• Opinion of Price: least expensive