Province of Bohol Hotels

Our Members Say

• zschachwitz profile photo zschachwitz
  • Reviews: 29

Dumaluan or Alona: Bohol

I enjoyed my stays at Dumaluan in 2007 and 2008, but have not been recently. There is a small resort down near Alona which was most enjoyable as well, named Paragayo - it was simple and low priced during my visit in 2008. http://www.paragayoresort-panglao.com/ppc/?gclid=CNn77-TYpK0CFSEhtAodAlFenQ The only downside is that you're further away from Tagbilaran Airport. I can't comment on quality or otherwise on diving

• Written December 28, 2011

• granslime profile photo granslime
  • Reviews: 5

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

alona bamboo house: cheapest and best nipa hut logging

yes, i am definitely recommending this logging.
at a rate of 23$ for two in one bed, you have this cable tv, very operational aircondition room, private comfor room with awesome shower, and the most comfortable bed i've ever slept.

nipa-hut accomodation, very country-side room and with private terrace

• Related to: Budget Travel, Romantic Travel and Honeymoons, Beaches
  • Written September 30, 2010
Tip Photo

• iclee profile photo iclee
  • Reviews: 194

Bohol Bee Farm Resort: Organic, Scenic and Classic

November 2009:
Accommodating attitude:
Booked The Barn room for PHP2000 (U$1=PHP46) but when we arrived at the hotel there was an ongoing seminar which will make our stay in the room untenable due to the noise. They immediately gave a spare room that's even better than The Barn. When the seminar ended, we were told that we can keep the oceanfront cottage at the same rate as The Barn (clearly saving us PHP1000/night). We arrived at the resort 730am which is very early as a check in time for most hotels but they had no qualms about accepting us. I had many request, like more honey for the pancakes, dinner setting at the seafront ledge, an additional serving of chips with honey butter...all were met with kind accommodation. :)

December 2009:
We were so impressed with Bohol and the resort that we decided to bring our kids. We booked the Honeycomb Suite, took their land and island hopping tour...all for a discounted rate of PHP28,800 for 3D2N.

Amenities:
Pool, billiards, pingpong, massage room, handicraft sessions, shuttle service, bee boxes :)

The cliffside huts where massages were done....truly superb considering it's just PHP500/hr.

Ocean ledge where you can while away time staring at the vast ocean.

Organic salad with edible flowers. Seafood Bouillabasse soup Asian style, not to be missed.

Great staff. Speedy, accommodating and very polite.

Hotel-Airport-Hotel transfer already included in rate.

Onsite organic ice cream served on cassava cones and made from carabao's milk. One big scoop PHP40.

Herbs and veggies harvested from the actual farm/resort.

Instant confirmation using your credit card. However, since I was a returning guest, they accommodated me even without any deposit.

• Related to: Family Travel, Beaches, Farm Stay
  • Written February 17, 2010
Tip Photo

• doc_traveller profile photo doc_traveller
  • Reviews: 2

Alona Tropical Beach Resort: nice and affordable

We booked a standard room since it's the cheapest. It has 2 single beds, air condition, and toilet and bath. The room was quite neat but the floor needs to be shined often. Bathroom is OK but I think they should equip all their rooms with hot and cold shower. The staff were approachable and friendly. The room is cleaned every time we would go out for our tours and new towels were provided everyday. Shampoos and soaps are also provided. The restaurant has a nice ambience and has a big flat screen TV. Since the standard rooms have no TV, I watched in the restaurant to keep myself updated of the news and soaps (you can watch TV even if you don't order). Food is a bit expensive. Their banana split tastes really good (what others have said about it is true). Alona Tropical has the widest beachfront of all the resorts along Alona Beach. Their lounges look nice but were not very comfortable (but as Filipinos say it, "pwede na rin"). The shore was full of weeds but the resort hired people to clean them up. However, in a few hours, the beachfront was full of weeds again.

The only thing that really disappointed me was they didn't have wifi. Yes, I know that people go to the beach to be free from the fast-paced life in the city but internet is already a part of people's lives (like cellphones). I think they should get wifi this year or they'll lose a lot of probable guests.

All in all, I would recommend this resort especially to families and friends who plan to stay in Panglao during their Bohol trip. It offers good value for your money, especially if you are on a budget trip.

The resort has the best beachfront along Alona Beach. The staff were very accommodating.

• Written September 8, 2009

• picek profile photo picek
  • Reviews: 926

Nisa Travellers Inn: affordable place to stay in Tagbilaran

This is nice, safe and cheap place to stay in Tagbilaran. Staff is very friendly and helpful and they can help you to organize your activities in Bohol as they will provide you with plenty of useful information.
We stayed a few days in the hostel which has variety of rooms for decent price. We stayed in the cheapest (we were two) and paid about 450 P per day for a room with fan and had shared bathroom. It's all very clean and it wasn't crowded so we could used shared bathroom almost at any time needed.
There's large common dining room where you can bring your foods to eat or hang out with drinks - better than hiding it in room if you don't want to attract ants.
I didn't take a look in the more expensive rooms but it's overall clean place.

Another good reason to stay here is that it's in the convenient location in city centre and close to restaurants (and mall if that matters). Easy to find it - just look for it near McDonalds sign in that large mall.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Road Trip, Backpacking
  • Written August 26, 2009

• picek profile photo picek
  • Reviews: 926

Nuts Huts: by the Loboc river

Nuts Huts were my favourite stay in Phils. This place is just lovely: situated at exceptional, quiet location by Loboc river near Loboc town, at the foot of the small hill and surrounded mostly by forest. The nights will be really quiet, yet you'll hear sounds from forest (and perhaps get visited by some of the nocturnal creatures if you leave food in your room!). It's shaded most of day. Each bamboo hut has name upon movie, ours was called Bagdad Cafe. You don't really need AC here and inside there's pleasant and simple room with modest bathroom. It's not luxurious but appreciated for it's ecological friendliness.

I didn't count how many huts they have, but the owners said they sometimes accomodate 40 people. On part of the building is dorm room. By the reception 'hall' there's large wooden terrace upon the slope where you can eat in their restaurant or lay in hammocks. They make delicious home made yogurt and bread here! Food is a bit more expensive here but that's normal considering how far they must go to bring it. Anyway, good to try.

The owners are travellers themselves and they have lots of information on what to do around and how to get around locally and cheap. They're very helpful and caring people, so you are treated good as a guest.

You can swimm in Loboc river here, it's right by the huts and not far from falls. They have few goats and they walk around around the garden.

It's affordable: we paid 600 P per day and got discount when we stayed longer.

The stairs are very steep, though. Don't take any food in the room as it will attract insects and animals.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Jungle and Rain Forest, Eco-Tourism
  • Written August 10, 2009

one of the huts

• winzkie_d_pooh profile photo winzkie_d_pooh
  • Reviews: 47

Dumaluan Resort: beachfront resort

Nice beachfront with one swimming pool.
With free breakfast.

Cons: Slow service. better to order your food so much ahead of time. very slow in serving meals.

• Related to: Whale Watching, Budget Travel, Beaches
  • Written June 28, 2009

bed

• jon929 profile photo jon929
  • Reviews: 3

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

el portal inn: best value

i just got back from a 3 day vacation in bohol with 6 other family members along with my mother who is a senior citizen. i only came across el portal inn through the internet and had no idea how it is. didnt read a lot of reviews about the place maybe because it is fairly new. compared with other tagbilaran accomodations, the place is reasonably priced. P950 for a double room, P 1250 for a triple sharing room (one matrimonial bed and one single bed). The rooms are clean, with a quiet aircon, clean bathroom with hot shower, and a TV. The inn i was told by the staff has 15 rooms and can accommodate 30 persons at one time (without extra beds). It is about 10 minutes from the airport and is berderol street in tagbilaran. about 80 meters from it is marcela mall and the cogon public market. Less than a kilometer away are popular restos STK and Chicken Ati atihan and the pantalan. The staff are all friendly and helpful particularly the desk staff, say and tess, and their guards. My mother suffers from osteoarthritis so the guard and room boys were a big help guiding her in and out of the van and going up the second floor. i will definitely come back to el portal in my next trip to bohol.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: National/State Park, Eco-Tourism
  • Written February 23, 2009

• yuet29 profile photo yuet29
  • Reviews: 617

Nisa Travelers Inn: Nisa Travelers Inn

I like Nisa Traveler's Inn, it is right in Tagbilaran town, opposite the BQ mall, 300P per night with shared bathroom and the room is clean and bright, staffs are friendly.

Not much special but it is clean and bright.

• Related to: Backpacking, Road Trip, Budget Travel
  • Written December 11, 2008

• yuet29 profile photo yuet29
  • Reviews: 617

Nuts Huts: Nuts Huts

Nuts Huts is okie other than the staircases! LP write so much about this place but I dont find it particularly interesting other than it is quite. The place is 3km from Loboc town, no locals stay nearby and you are there in the garden with some goats(I wont say it is a forest or jungle because it is too much away from that) and it is so famous that you find yourself there with travelers from different countries and served by filipinos.

The day turned dark at around 530 and if you are walking make sure you reach Nuts Huts before the day turn dark or you will need a torch. That means you have to have your dinner at the restaurant at Nuts Huts! and there are not much alternatives and of course, it is price for tourist!

Nuts Huts owned by Belgium couples and both of them and the staffs are friendly and helpful.

Nuts Huts is beside Loboc River, from DAO bus terminal at Tagbilaran, take the bus heading to Carmen and tell the conductor to drop you at Nuts Huts, it is about an hour drive from the city and cost 25P one way. There is a signboard beside the road directing you to Nuts Huts, do not turn back even you are wondering if you are on the right way after a long walk, yes you are on your way there. After 15-20minutes walk you will see a small hut painting 'Nuts Huts' and there you need to walk hundreds stair cases down to the river and here it is!

Stop by the restaurant to get the key before going down to the cottages or else you will need to climb back to the restaurant to get the key ;p

All rooms has 100Peso discount if you stay more than a night. I stayed in the dorm (it is indeed a single room although not a single cottage), shared bathroom and it cost me 350Peso pernight and 500Peso for 2 nights (250P pernight if you stay more than a night). The cottage is 500Peso.

Ways to get around:
1.Take a bus, 3km from Loboc, 5Peso
2.Take a motorbike, it save you 750m walk but not the staircases, 50P from Loboc to nutsHuts and 60P from nutsHuts to Loboc
3.Take a boat fr NutsHuts to Loboc, 150Peso one way
4.Get across loboc river fr Nutshuts for 10P, walk for 25minutes to Loboc

• Related to: Budget Travel, Road Trip, Backpacking
  • Written December 11, 2008

• Benamags profile photo Benamags
  • Reviews: 6

Isis Bungalows: Clean and Simple

All the staffs were nice, pleasant and accommodating. The room was spacious and clean. No cabinet though where we can put our things. The bed was big. We were four: me, my husband, daughter (11 y/o) and son (6 y/o) and we were able to sleep comfortably. The bathroom was spacious also.

Has a restaurant where you can eat anytime.

• Related to: Budget Travel, Family Travel
  • Written September 21, 2008

View from the restaurant of Isis Bungalow

• lotharscheer profile photo lotharscheer
  • Reviews: 746

Nuts Huts

Simple bungalows and dorm under palm trees at the river. Quite good food. Pushbike rent and tours.

Idyllic, peacfull.

• Related to: National/State Park, Backpacking, Budget Travel
  • Written September 14, 2008
Tip Photo

• nicholas_vuch profile photo nicholas_vuch
  • Reviews: 1

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

dumaluan: bohol's bad hotel

Hello EVERYONE.

This is the most tragic experience our family had with the dimaluan beach resort. I LOST CAMERA AND MONEY. We were certain that these things were left in our room for a land tour. When we got back after our tour, I LOST MY CAMERA AND MONEY P 5000 CASH. Sad to say the manager, instead of looking for whoever was the incharge of cleaning our room, was not giving her support to us. She even told us, that its their RIGHT to enter the room and eventually cleaned it.

Oh my God, what a manager is she was. This is the first i met such person.... My friend is trying to negotiate the management so that this incident will not be happening again. We were not able to get the right treatment, and MIND you, you cant speak to the manager anytime... IF SHE IS NOT IN THE MOOD.

THATS WHY NO WONDER, in the front desk there were 3 posts... LOST AND NVER BEEB FOUND....

I wanted you to access those things... I AM SHARING THIS WITH YOU BECAUSE I WANTED YOU TO KNOW THE REALITY.

+9688121001960 NIKO

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Written July 7, 2008

• GenuinelyCurious profile photo GenuinelyCurious
  • Reviews: 190

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Where to stay in Bohol: Location, location, location

Bohol’s two main tourist enclaves are Taglibaran town and Alona Beach on nearby Panglao Island. On the map, these are close by one another. In practice, the logistics of ground travel are slow and/or relatively expensive.

I followed the Lonely Planet guide’s advice to base myself because I was interested in both diving and visiting the interior. In some ways, this was the worst of both worlds. Although my accommodation was fine (see Vest Pension tip), it was remote enough to always require transportation.

Jeepney to Alona Beach: 20 pesos and 90 minutes. Motorcycle return: 150 pesos and 30 minutes. Trike: 200 pesos and 30 minutes. Forget taxis. They automatically double the already high rates to about 500 pesos with the excuse that there are no passengers on the other end.
If I had it to do over, I would probably base myself in Alona Beach. The pleasant white sand/ blue water setting is a bit remote, but it’s easier to find restaurants, etc. It will make a longer and more expensive trip to the interior, but how often will you do that? Plus, the overall time is more relaxing.

• Written June 9, 2008

• GenuinelyCurious profile photo GenuinelyCurious
  • Reviews: 190

Vest Pension: Pleasant, but a little out of the way

A very pleasant and well-maintained facility. Amenities include hot water, cable TV, air-con and in-room free wi-fi all for 900 pesos. They nicely provide free pickup and delivery to the Taglibaran ferry. The staff was easy to deal with and generally knowledgeable.

My only complaint was they steered me to the touristy roadside tarsier viewing locations instead of the sanctuary. That mistake ended up costing me many precious hours. In discussing it with the manager, we concluded that she and her staff would be a little more clear to the tourists about what they were recommending.

Free wi-fi