2.5 out of 5 stars2.5 Stars

Expedia.com Agoda.com Travelocity

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 40% less than similarly rated 2.5 star hotels

More about Panglao Island

The balicasah lighthouseThe balicasah lighthouse

The far side of the beachThe far side of the beach

Eskaya Private Dining Terrace,Pic By My Pal, JoanEskaya Private Dining Terrace,Pic By My Pal, Joan

Eskaya Beach Resort & Spa,Pic By My Pal, Joan TanEskaya Beach Resort & Spa,Pic By My Pal, Joan Tan

Quick Trip to Bohol

by irisgodd3ss

Hello! My fiance and I are planning to go on a quick overnight trip to Bohol. We plan to catch the first Ocean Jet from Cebu City and to take the last trip back to Cebu.

- Can anyone recommend a cheap guest house in Panglao? We're not fussed about A/C or anything. We just want something simple and close to the beach.

- Also, how much are we likely to spend if we go to Balicasag for snorkeling through a tour operator? How about for a tour in Loboc to see the tarsiers and Chocolate Hills?

- How difficult will it be to make our way to these places by ourselves? We've traveled extensively through SE Asia and we're quite good backpackers. Can anyone give us a rough picture of what to expect transportation-wise and how much?

- Also, how do we get from the Tagbilaran port to Panglao? How much on a taxi? Is there an alternative to taxis? How much can we expect? We don't want to get ripped off on transportation.

I would really, really appreciate your help guys! Many thanks. =)

by thei

We've just been to Bohol last month and the cost for a tour to Balicasag Island is 1,500. Actually it's a sea tour to go dolphin/whale watching, snorkeling at balicasag, island hopping(virgin island). The countryside tour is 2,500 pesos to go see the-choco hills, tarsier, loboc river cruise (250pesos/head)hanging bridge, man-made forest,baclayon church...

by irisgodd3ss

Hi Thei! Thanks for the quick reply. Are those rates per head? Also, where can we book these tours? Again, I appreciate the help.

by sunburyrief

Jump in a taxi in Tagbilaran and they will take you to the chocolate hills and the tarsiers,or take one of those small organised mini-bus tours,both are very cheap :-)I stayed in Bohol Tropics last year as I wanted a little luxury,great place,great rooms,great service :-) as for Panglao just catch a jeepney in Tagbilaran :-)

by thei

For the sea tour you may contact Mang Viao at 09164645214
and for the countryside tour you may contact Mang Jun at 09176905627

The rate is for the whole tour and not per head. Glad I could help!

by gmek_jj14

** lost horizon, dumaluan, alona-tropical

** about 1500 and above (Balicasag)

How about for a tour in Loboc to see the tarsiers and Chocolate Hills?

** depends on the transportation mode. for cars and vans, about 2000-3000. for multicabs (like me), about 1500.

** i think you could hire a tricycle, multicab, vans.. dunno about the other 2, but the multicab cost us about 300 from the airport to panglao

by npamo

From Tagbilaran to Panglao, we took a mini-bus. Ask around Tagbilaran where the terminal for the mini-bus bound for Panglao is or take a tricycle and ask the driver to take you to the terminal. I think its near the Museum in Tagbilaran. When on board the mini-bus you can ask the bus conductor till what time the buses bound for Tagbilaran pass by and how often.

by missy.pulliam

That's some great info on touring Bohol....thanks....

Travel Tips for Panglao Island

ALONA BEACH

by nodarcdam

The less than one kilometer stretch of white beach of Alona is the most popular beach in Panglao. So many had been said about this beautiful place. Most of time I am in Bohol, I stay in Alona Beach as there is no substitute in beginning and ending a day at a beautiful place. Aside from the beach, I miss the friendly people of Panglao Island.

SUNRISE AT ALONA BEACH

by nodarcdam

Just like in any place, watching the sun rise has a calming effect. The tranquility of the dawn amidst white sand and gentle sea at Alona Beach provides an experience one cannot easily forget. The rising sun, casting subdued hue on the sand and the sea. I have seen them before, but the one in Alona beach is my favorite.

MOST OF ALL, THE FRIENDLY PEOPLE

by nodarcdam

I am very fortunate to have friends in Panglao Island. My guide firts became my good friends and the network grew. It extended to the boatmen, the hotel staff, the other guides and even members of their families. It is really not difficult as the people of Panglao are happy people and quite friendly and accommodating. The warmth of the friendship extended to me by my friends in Panglao Island.

Clean and Make It Immaculately White.

by bike_packer

Having extensive coral reefs farther off the sea coast of Panglao Island, seaweeds are washed to the shore everyday and left as the tide ebbs low. It is but normal to have the impression that these seaweeds are eyesore of the ideal white sand all over. But that's nature in balance. No seaweeds means no life underwater.

However, getting rid of them is still a job for resort owners to have a pleasing beachfront. Have seen resort crews very early morning gathering the seaweeds and burying them a feet under ground at the shoreline. That's rake and shovel at work. And when the resort guests wake up to see - Darannn! Pristine white sand beach.

Scuba diving

by schwein

I came to Panglao for the diving, and dove with Pro Safari Center based out of Alona beach.

The service was great!
Unlike many other operations on Alona running eight or more people on a boat, Pro Safari had only two or three divers at a time on their big boat. Very personalized service, and no crowds to deal with.
Knowledgeable and helpful Divemasters, pointing out unique, rare, and hard to find sealife.

Will dive with them again next time I visit Panglao.
Be sure to have them arange a room at Alona Tropical Beach Resort, as the rooms are very nice, on the beach, and close to the shop for easy departure in the morning. Bring your own equipment, or rent it here.

Comments