Malaybalay Hotels

Our Members Say

• maitravels profile photo maitravels
  • Reviews: 8

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Pitcher Plant Farm: Experiencing Nature at It's Best

Relaxing and close to nature, that is how I describe Pitcher Plant Farm, after getting down of Volker's car.
Volker is the German guy who owns the farm. He personally pick us up from Malaybalay City terminal. It was indeed a test of patience for him, because I informed him that our ETA is 2:00 P.M. but road constructions along Carmen-Malaybalay road get us to Malaybalay City by 4:00 P.M.
I highly recommend it to family, group of friends and honeymooners, who wants a place far from pollution and noise of the city. It is the best place to experience the beauty of nature.

I call it rustic for one reason, the studio where we stayed, all of the furniture were made of wood, the double bed is made of bamboo. Even the solid walls got a round woods for it main posts.
And the best thing to experience in the farm is to acquaint yourself with the Pitcher Plants. Mr. Volker is pitcher plant hobbyist, he propagates and sells pitcher plants as well. I was in awe how passionate he is, as we went around his green house, he knows everything about these carnivorous plants.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Women's Travel, Architecture, Farm Stay
  • Written February 28, 2013
Tip Photo

open terrace of the studio room

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful